Silver Surfer Vs King Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Light
Silver surfer fused with the carnage symbiote

VS

King Thor

wrathofachilles
I think this has been done before. Either way, King Thor is vastly more powerful than Silver Surfer. The Carnage symbiote doesn't help.

Evangel94
Agreed.

eleveninches
THe carnage symbiote would probably actually weaken silver surfer, as SS is way more powerful than the symbiote, so merging with it would just weaken him.

picoico
King Thor as things currently are.

I'm still waiting for a list of feats King Thor has done, esp. outside asgard or any mystic realm. Would greatly appreciate one...thx.

Light
cosmic > magic imo

Evangel94
Off the top of my head, he defeated a vastly powerful cosmic biological being capable of destroying planets (not galactus) and trapped it inside the center of the moon.

Defeated Savage Hulk & Thing with one arm. He didn't use the odinforce.

Smashed the asgardian destroyer armor (inhabited by desak and the power of countless other gods) with a single hammer throw.

crazyspinz
no offence dude, but u realy should consiter making battles with characters that acualy exist...

no one knows how the symbiote would react with the surfer, so this arguement is usless

Wynndar
what are u talking about?....the Symbiote already possessed the surfer...it wanted revenge for Surfer bringing Galactus to a planet its race once populated.

crazyspinz
realy? well, my bad, sorry light

Wynndar
haha...yea its ok...it was in amazing spiderman, dont know which issue number, but i have it

Evangel94
Oh yea, King Thor also conquered Earth and defeated all heroes who opposed him.

picoico
Cool. By any chance would you have issues #s as well? I'd like to read up a bit...see what's going on in Thor land before I read #85. I've dropped out a while back...right when Thor moved Asgard above NY....(i.e. right when it was getting good).

But I must admit, I smell major cheese here. I mean...if this being is capable of destroying a planet...how the heck could you trap the thing in a moon?!?! Savage hulk (I assume you mean dumb hulk and not the completely savage hulk that destroyed Onslaughts physical form) and thing with one arm..why the heck didn't he trap those guys in middle of the Moon? Ahh well...I shall read... :-)

crazyspinz
i think he used some sort of magical bariar to stop him from escaping, and he didnt want to kill hulk and thing, he just wanted them to go away

picoico
Wait...I think I read some of those. The planet destroying alien was banished by Thor...that event was being described in the past tense right? Nah, wasn't impressed by that. Not enough was known about the alien. And wasn't Thor in possession of his enhanced power when he took on Pagan with the Avengers (and lost)? I can't remember, but I have those issues...shall look it up when I get the time.

And as for Thor's take over of earth, well, I was reading the story where they didn't describe the details of the take over....did they ever?

But gotta admit...smashing the destroyer with Desak IN it is totally badass. 'Nuff said, as they say :-)

crazyspinz
the destroyer armour alone is a hard fight for SS

Evangel94
Where in the world did you get that from? Thor asked them to leave, they didn't so he killed them. Dr. Strange revealed his trump card. A gift from the combined gods of earth that prevented thor from using his odinforce during the fight. Thor also didn't have the mjolnir at the time either. He was injured and couldn't use his left arm for the whole fight. He could only use his brute strength and his right arm to battle a savage hulk and pissed off thing. He killed them and laughed about it afterwards.

crazyspinz
o, lol, i was just guessing,

so king thor is evil?

Evangel94
He believed he was "doing the right thing".

crazyspinz
and eva, u said that we would be able to message our tournement stratagies to you encase we are not there to post them in time, can i send you mine?, its kinda long

Evangel94
The destroyer armor would obliterate SS with one shot.

picoico
And Hulk...remember an issue where hulk gets his head kicked in by the armor. Literally.

I don't think SS has ever battled the Destroyer...

picoico
When did that happen?

crazyspinz
there was an alternate timeline/universe thing where red shift killed the destroyer armour

JuggernautFan
when did this happen???

JuggernautFan
impressive...... when did it happen???

impressive...... when did it happen???

Sma

no so impressive....... uru isnt all that tough by itself. it is only as durable as the enchantments that make it so. thor could easily counter/take away those enchantments then destroy the destroyer.

of coarse i havnt read it, but if i were thor, i'd just cancel the enchantments then destroy it. -seems- like an impressive feat on the surface. but dig a little and you never know what you might learn...... wink

JuggernautFan
when did hulk and the destroyer fight????

picoico
When that military guy posessed the Destroyer. It was one of his more recent appearances.

picoico
Is that when Destroyer killed SS in one shot, or is this a separate incident? Sorry, I'm a bit confused.

wrathofachilles
Uru is too 'all that tough.' The enchantments strengthen it, but don't dismiss uru as tinfoil or anything. It's extremely strong. And Thor did all those things in fairly recent issues of Thor. He impaled Hulk, they didn't really say he was dead though. He was just lying at Thor's feet. Either way, he beat him.

crazyspinz
um i dont think the destroy killed SS, he could kill him in one shot, but he didnt

the redshift thing happend on that crazy thing galactus made after galactus died

picoico
Okay, the planet devouring alien was dubbed the 'gardner', and it was in Thor #57. The alien was using the moon to transfer solar energy down to earth to terraform it to the alien's liking.

The machine placed so much stress on the moon, the moon pretty much crumbled apart. Thor called upon the odin force, reassembled the moon, and put the alien in the center of it (like how odin placed Sutur in the Earth).

Another thing we learn in this issue: that was the up most limit of King Thor's power. That's it. He fell back to earth it took so much out of him. The narrator said it quite clearly, he used the odinforce to the max.

In issue 60, thor has his little meeting with the odinforce posing as his father, and the odinforce makes the comment that he's not using his force to it's full potential. I thought this was clearly contradicting the events in 57, however in re-reading it's clear the odinforce was accusing thor of using his powers too bluntly, and without purpose. So I think we have a clear indication of what King Thor is capable of at most.

Not even close to a cosmic cube (like I suspected), but still, it's quite impressive!

picoico
So, I'm curious now, between issues 61-85 did King Thor do anything else which contradicts the above post?

-thx

roughrider
I have had agonizing trouble breaking the deadlock, in my mind between these two. But now it's easier. King Thor takes it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.