Does Angels exists?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jackie Malfoy
Any of you ever wonder if angels exist?Do we have an angel that protects us and follows around?
Anyone have any thoughts on this?See you around!UM Happy Dance confused

eleveninches
If there are angels that exist to protect every individual, then there is just as much of a possibility that there are demons that exist to destroy every individual, so I'll be on the safe side and believe that none of them exist.

ragesRemorse
Im sure most people that believe in God believe in Angels. I beleive in angels. Not sure about gaurdian angels, its one of those i do and i dont kind of things. I have witnessed and heard about experiences that would suggest their are gaurdian angels, but again this is comming from religous people and my mindset that is religous. So i am unsure if these accounts are genuine instances of gaurdian angels or just a biased belief on my part. I do believe in angels though.

another thing that weakens my belief in gaurdian angels is the fact that God said that he would not interfere in the life of humans this time around. If this is so, wouldnt a gaurdian angel be interefering? Or maybe they are there just to give comfort and not change events. there have been times in fights and car accidents where i have felt no pain and was overcome with a soothing wamth that felt as if my soul was being held, but then again who knows.

Imperial_Samura
I think it is possible, certainly if one believes in God. However I have always wondered where they fit into the scheme of things.... where do they come from, what is their history..... if God was totally alone in some manner of primordial nothingness before he created, well, creation, where do the Angels fit in? Sorry if it seems naive, not completly sure when it comes to Biblical mythology.......

Syren
As much as it hurts me to agree with such a cop out, I must. If one thing exists then the opposite must also exist right? For balance if nothing else.........

ragesRemorse
everyone is naive when Speaking on God or religouns. dont feel bad. It all comes from the heart .

Yes, if one thing is certain in the universe. It is that there an opposite to everything. Then again, if there is a God this would throw that theory out the window.

Aleera1138
I believe in Angels and Guardian Angels big grin I have had enough close calls in my life to believe.

finti
not more than I wonder whether Batman is real or not

Linkalicious
Angels....much like God, the devil, heaven, hell, and a soul....are all things created by your mind.

they are not real, but your brain creates them and the concept of them.

Clovie
yes, they do

Aleera1138
Still, I am with Clovie..Yes, they do. big grin

JimMorrison227
Couldn't of said it better myself.

Ytaker
What does an evil person want? Think, it's not evil. In "The Picture of Dorian Gray", The antihero loves pleasure, and acquires it through evil means. Pleasure isn't bad. It's good, as it's a positive feeling. An evil person coming into power through an army is just getting what comes naturally to a good person who earns enough respect to get power. Or it's insanity. Bullying can be a form of insanity, if the person does it in a certain way. If you bully a co-worker because they're getting scout points with the boss (and this continues whilst you bully) Then you are acting out of insanity. Only goodness has true power.

finti
and this reflects on the topic of angles how???

Filth
Ytaker you say only good has true power? in your example (about the bully) is it not more likely that the co-worker who is being bullied would just quit? so that would mean evil was more powerful, anyway as finti said, what in hells name does that have to do with the topic?

This question is directed at anyone who says angels exist, if you believe in angels does that also mean you believe in devils?

AdventChild
Angels only exist in the minds of those who want to believe in them.. I personally don't care if they do or don't....Same goes for demons.... If there's angels protecting us why do we get hurt... If there's demons out to destroy us why do we get live... I believe it deals with luck, fate, and choice onto what happens to us...Over all in this thread i don't really believe in angels or demons cause i don't care... but you never know.....

Anything is possible..
..not really stick out tongue

Ytaker
Evil doesn't have to balance out Good. That co-worker, due to his good work, can make the bully's life hell when he's promoted to assistant manager (or more likely just fire him). There doesn't have to be an equal to good.

To the other guy...
You'd quit a job just because somebody's annoying you? When you're close to being promoted, getting a pay rise? Weird.

Filth
Everything has to be balanced, an example of this is try and find something that has no opposite (right left, life death, good evil, dark light, hot cold ect...)

But if the co-worker made the bullies life hell, couldent the bull make his social life hell maybe punch him in the face or hit his fingers with a hammer?

I personal in the example used would make the bullies life hell by disabling the use of his legs if you get what i mean, but there are many cases of people abandoning hope because of another even abandoning life

FeceMan
Aah, a well-read individual smile.

Demons are angels that chose to rebel against God with Satan.

finti
still dont see how this is relevance to angles

AdventChild
Angels exists only as much as bigfoot or the lockness monster... Angels are nothing more than some ones imagination trying to develop some means to their near death experiences and living through them... Same goes for demons....People are stupid enough to blame the devil or a demon that a person died or got killed...or in most cases blame it on God..

finti
what you mean bigfoot and Nessie doesnt exist..... for your info they are also called President Bush and Secretary of State Rice

AdventChild
rolling on floor laughing big grin

Cipher
Does grammar exist?

BlackC@t
I think we have gaurdian angels, I don't believe in demons though, only mental ones.

finti
ying yang, cant have one without the other

Imperial_Samura
If angels do exist I would kind of like to know where they come from.... some people believe that humans become angels when they die, while the bible seems to indicate that Angels were about from before the creation of earth, and were not perfect, much like humans (the whole Satan thing), while if we all have guardian angels then there must be at least 6 billion... what is there purpose, where do they come from?

Imperial_Samura
Also just looked in an encyclopedia at the entry under angles, and decided I don't know why they have wings. It would be impossible to fly with wings naturally when attached to the body in that position... so it would be super natural, but then why have wings at all?

Bardock42

44_caliber_fox
i believe that angels exsist. but they just never try to help and they're not your stereotypical ones with halos. there just blonde bitches who wear too much wake-up and way too much white. life isnt about achieving - it's about whether or not you can take the pain

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
Any of you ever wonder if angels exist?Do we have an angel that protects us and follows around?
Anyone have any thoughts on this?See you around!UM Happy Dance confused

Click on this link then scroll down until you find:

Angels - Miraculous Messengers
http://www.tbn.org/index.php/8/1.html

Shakyamunison
Angels are myths. There are many things in the world that we do not understand, so we made things up to help us understand.

gordomuchacho
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Click on this link then scroll down until you find:

Angels - Miraculous Messengers
http://www.tbn.org/index.php/8/1.html

I do believe angels exist, but their role on earth is minimal. God has given us freewill according to the bible so their interference would be going against god. Now demons on the other hand are the opposite and i do believe that possesion and exorcisms are indeed real, especially because of some of that weird unexplainable stuff that happens. However, when people say satan has influenced you to do bad things, i think its crap, thats just freewill.

Nellinator
Angels exist and God has sent them to protect and watch over his chosen.
"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways: they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." Psalm 91:11-12

What a wonderful gift. Glory be to God!!

Robtard
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
If angels do exist I would kind of like to know where they come from.... some people believe that humans become angels when they die, while the bible seems to indicate that Angels were about from before the creation of earth, and were not perfect, much like humans (the whole Satan thing), while if we all have guardian angels then there must be at least 6 billion... what is there purpose, where do they come from?

If you're following holy scripture, Angels were God's first creation I believe, they were much like us except they did not have the luxury of free will, basically God's whipping boys. I'm sure some Bible scholar can tell you more.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Nellinator
"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways: they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." Psalm 91:11-12

Because you want it to be true, does not make it true.

Lord Urizen

With all the wars, murders, tortures, and horrors like widespead disease and starvation, those angels don't seem to be doing thier job no

Nellinator
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
With all the wars, murders, tortures, and horrors like widespead disease and starvation, those angels don't seem to be doing thier job no
There is a difference in accepting what God has already given you and using it and rejecting God's gifts and wasting them. God has given us angels, we can use this or not. Most people haven't and so there are wars and murders.

Shakyamunison
Angels and leprecons hang out at the same bar.

Nellinator
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Angels and leprecons hang out at the same bar.
I heard that too, they must have sweet bar fights.

Shakyamunison
I heard that too, they must have sweet bar fights.

drunk

Deus Venèficus
During a trade mission that God had sent me on a while back, I was headng down to hell looking towards getting old Lucifer to lower the tariffs on spiritual wine. So I had to stop at this interplanar bar along the way, and I tell you those angels fight like madmen when their drunk.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

Nellinator
Not drunk, tipsy. Drunkeness is a sin. Angels can be belligerent when tipsy, showing off their flaming swords and such. Truly scary.

Imperial_Samura

Nellinator
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Forget Lucifer. Bypass the whole Judeo-Christian wine industry and get a trade agreement with Dionysus. He has better quality for lower prices, and he encourages drinking for good (not evil like Satan.)
Maybe we better do a background check on Dionysus first... Opens file... Reads...Jovial...good wine... this seems all good... wait, hold a second... a female cult of cannibals that murder children when they are drunk!! DEAL IS OFF... Next candidate please.

Alliance
It happens in every culture. Greek mythology is the most brilliant of any culture and it pwns any moder religion.

Nellinator
Greek mythology is full of perversion and idiocy. Although it is very interesting to study.

Alliance
Well, its a real mythology, one not engineered into a political mythology.

It may seem perverted and idiotic to you...but I wouldn't consider that the only persepective.

Nellinator
Castrating your father isn't perverted? Sleeping with your mother isn't perverted? If you don't think Greek mythology is perverted I fear for what you might do.

Alliance
Well, if you read a lot of the mythology, i has moral overtones.

Oedipus was punished for "sleeping with his mother". Or more apporpriately he punished himself. Greek mythology shows intelligence.

In Chirstian mythology, people dance around golden calfs....is that no perverted form your perspective....I assume it is. But the poeple are punished.

Nellinator
But Zeus is a big unpunished pervert, other than that he has to deal with all those women he slept with and then never called.

Alliance
Zues is a reflection of man. If he wnated to punish himslef...he could.

No one ever said god was fair. And the reason he slept with so many women is becuase he was a great f*ck.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Alliance
Zeus is a reflection of man. If he wnated to punish himslef...he could.

No one ever said god was fair. And the reason he slept with so many women is becuase he was a great f*ck.

Wasn't god Jesse's father? Sounds like Zeus was at it again.

Quincy Archer
To Quote George Carlin:

What is all this shit about Angels? Have you heard this? Three out of four people now, believe in Angels. What're you, ****in' stupid? Has everybody lost their ****in' minds in this country? Angels, shit. You know what I think it is? I think it's a massive collective psychotic chemical flashback of all the drugs. All the drugs, smoked, swallowed, snorted, shot, and absorbed rectally by all Americans from 1960 to 1990. Thirty years of adulterated street drugs'll get you some ****in' Angels, my friend.

Alliance
Or perhaps its as simple as a mass-delusion.

Deus Venèficus
Well, if you read a lot of the mythology, i has moral overtones.

Oedipus was punished for "sleeping with his mother". Or more apporpriately he punished himself. Greek mythology shows intelligence.

I always felt bad for Oedipus... poor fellow. Imagine finding out that you had married your mother.... Ouch.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

VanillaCocaCola
I always look at things from a perspective more in line with reality. So Angels coudl easily be anything, creatures that exist with natural camoflauge ability, or perhaps just part of a race that uses cloaking technology. *shrug*

No, cloaking isn't impossible, thermoptic camoflauge has been created and used before (Not in the 'field').

Lord Urizen
Greek mythology is full of perversion and idiocy. Although it is very interesting to study.

Christianity has its FULL share of perversion throughout history. yes

He without Sin cast the First stone

Lord Urizen
Castrating your father isn't perverted? Sleeping with your mother isn't perverted? If you don't think Greek mythology is perverted I fear for what you might do.

Adam and Eve has two sons who supposedly had to breed with thier sisters or mother to spawn the rest of humanity. Sounds perverted to me. wink

Nellinator
The first men and women (definitely plural) were created in Genesis 1:27. I believe was among these first humans and was specifically chosen by God for the Garden of Eden and as the forefather of the Jewish people.
The "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone" argument is horribly used by non-Christians to justify their actions. The meaning of it is not that we should not correct people, but that we must first look at ourselves and see our own imperfections so that we can have grace and mercy towards others. Remember that although Jesus did not stone the women he told her "Go and sin no more." God desires us to change people instead of simply condemning them. But, sometimes actions justify response.

Alliance
No. Really you have no right whatsoever to "respond" and why don't you try to chnage a significant aspect of a person, instead of somethign stupid like faith.

Shakyamunison
No. Really you have no right whatsoever to "respond" and why don't you try to chnage a significant aspect of a person, instead of somethign stupid like faith.

Faith is the only true magic.

Alliance
Actually...erm...its not really.

No more magical than any other emotion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.