Slugfest Showdown Round 2 Battle 1[Krissy Von Doom vs Norrin Radd] Everyone Vote Now!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94
This battle is round 2 of the Evangel Slugfest Showdown Tournament. Please vote for which team you think will win the battle. This battle takes place in an empty cavern.

Link to rules:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=310008

Krissy Von Doom
Quasar
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/quasar.htm

Gideon
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/g/gideon.htm

Modred
http://www.vortex.bridgwater.ac.uk/mtlg/modredthemystic.htm

Firestar
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/firestar.htm

Namorita
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/namorita.htm

Stick
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/s/stick.htm

Shang Chi
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/s/shangchi.htm

vs

Norrin Radd Complete

Silver Surfer
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/silversurfer.htm

Invisible Woman
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/invisiblewoman.htm

Spawn
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/spawn.htm

Sunfire
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/sunfire.htm

Iceman (Robert Drake)
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/iceman.htm

Batman (Bruce Wayne)
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/batman.htm

Black Panther (T'Challa)
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/blackpanther.htm

Who's going to win this battle? You decide by replying to this post with your vote!

eleveninches
2nd team should win

Krissy Von Doom
Just a little write up on the Quasar's Q-Bands:

1. Quasar has preprogrammed the bands to be sensitive to incoming energy fluctuations of sufficient power to do him harm and automatically absorb that energy. He also programmed his quantum-bands to automatically whip up a forcefield when it senses an incoming energy source that may be harmful to him.

2. Drain. If it appears that an opponent has energy-based powers, Q taps those powers and drains them off. The length of time this takes depends on the extent of the menace's power. Just as he did to Thanos when he had the Infinity Gauntlet (of course he didn't drain the whole gauntlet, it's infinite), and how much more power does the Gauntlet have over Surfer?

3. Contain. If Quasar encounters someone who looks menacing. Immediate reaction: whip up a containment vessel around him to prevent further danger, as he did with the Infinity Watch during the Infinity War

4. How long does a Q-construct last? Once an object is created, it is no longer dependent upon Quasar's consciousness or will power to remain in existence. If he is knocked out, the construct will just remain floating there. He can mentally embed a self-destruct timer into a construct at the time of construction, causing it to dissolve at an appointed time. Different to GL's ring.

5. How many can he create? Theoretically as many as he wants. Once they're in existence they're set for life. However, there is a definite limit to the number of things he can animate at the same time.

rolling on floor laughing

Evangel94
Nice Description. That's what I expect from all tourney participants, a nice clear concise description.

Also, make sure you have your facts straight before writing a write-up.

Example: Redshift being on Odin Skyfather level allows him to destroy the other team without letting his other team members to get hurt.

Uh No.

norrin radd

crazyspinz
shwa??? redshift is no where near the power of Odin, i never said that

crazyspinz
from what krissy said i would have to say quasar takes on surfer,

but spawn and sue would take gedeon and mordred, as far as the meta category, i honestly would have to say tie.

and for street level norrins team is the best in the tourny,

norrin wins

SnakeEyes
i vote for norrin

Krissy Von Doom
Surfer and Quasar have never actually fought as they're usually on the same side when a galactic menace comes along. And they we're actually team mates in a little known superteam along with Beta Ray Bill and two others. This battle is going to take a long while to complete because any of Surfer's cosmic attacks will just be absorbed by the Quantum Bands and Q will probably be reluctant to fight Surfer but I don't really think the Surfer can do anything to harm Quasar whereas Quasar has the means to contain or impede the Surfer. A quick quantum bubble (stong enough to withstand the blows of Earth's stongest heroes) will take Surfer out of the fight long enough that he's the only one on his team left standing. Or if Quasar gets bored, he can just absorb the cosmic power straight from the Surfer, draining him and taking him out of the fight (he did it to the gauntlet, it'll be more effective against someone with limited cosmic energies).
This is a battle where Gideon will be the most effective. The moment these two teams start to battle, Gideon immediately has the powers of the Invisible Woman, Sunfire, Iceman, Namorita and Firestar. Invisible Woman can attack him any way she wants, it will be blocked or deflected by her own powers, and she'll be burned or frozen about a second later. Spawn will be battling someone who has as much power as him (without the threat of running out) and more experience than him - teleporation, transmutation, energy bolts, containment spells, illusions - Modred has Spawn beat in every aspect. These two will quickly end this battle leaving them free to assist the others.
Namorita has a strength, speed and flight advantage over Iceman. Should he decide to freeze her, she'll easily break out of it or it's quickly melted to water by two flame fighters close by. Namorita's no slouch in the strength department, but just add water: Namorita + water = Iceman's going down. There's nothing Sunfire can do to harm Firestar because she's not the Torch, her flames aren't conventional flames, they're microwaves. If, and that's a big if, this fight drags for a while, Modred and Gideon will be on hand for the assist.
If the Black Panther and Batman's fighting style even remotely resembles kung fu, Shang and Stick are taking them to the cleaners.

norrin radd
about sunfire he can generate plasma temperatures which match those that can be generated by the Human Torch (not talking about his nova thing off course), reaching about 1,000,000 degrees Fahrenheit at maximum level. this is too much for firestar, and this would also cause namorita dehydration and death
and namorita can kick iceman as many times she wants, he can turn in to water and ice all over again, he would freeze her beautiful ass.

norrin radd

norrin radd

Evangel94
That's right, you never said it.

crazyspinz
who did?

Evangel94
No one did, I made it up to use an example of how not to describe your character in a write up.

ScarletSpider
I vote Norrin.

crazyspinz
ok

Wynndar
Surfer can manipulate cosmic energy to a lot of similar ends as Quasar...however, I would say Quasar has better defense mechanisms...he is not unbeatable by any means...Ive seen him get KO'd by Klaw.

Evangel94
Mind stating why? I'm getting to many one sentence votes.

Krissy Von Doom
Well, that's the thing I'm saying about Sunfire, he uses conventional heat. Firestar doesn't use regular fire, she uses microwaves which are more nuclear in nature, from my understanding. 1,000,000 degrees WOULD be more than enough to cause Namorita to dehydrate but Sunfire isn't getting anywhere near Namorita, he's dealing with Firestar.

The thing about Gideon's copycat powers is that he can use them in ways the original user doesn't even know about. You can have unearthly control over something but if you don't have Gideon's creativity to use it in ingenious ways, you're still going down. And Gideon wouldn't just be using the Invisible Woman's powers against her, it'll be a combination of all five powers - she breaks through his invisible shield, a fireball is coming at her, or she's being frozen or a class 15 punch to the back of the head (think she's faster than Namorita's flight?). The flaw in using alternate reality versions of characters is that power levels can vary (50% Magento in AoA can be 10% or 170% or 500% in the real universe, and the Gideon there can be more powerful or less powerful than in the real universe). Modred has an unlimilted access to magical energies, has way more experience, is master of the elements - Spawn doesn't have a chance - the only question is how long it takes.

Quasar and Surfer can both absorb energies, no question about that. But Quasar can absorb Surfer's cosmic attacks, what will Surfer be absorbing if Quasar uses constructs instead of energy to attack him? Surfer has a limited (though high) amount of cosmic power, the more he releases against Quasar, the more energy the Q-bands absorb. And Quasar can contain Surfer in a Q-bubble (unless your saying Surfer is stronger than Hulk, Thing, Strong Guy, Wonderman, Sasquatch and She Hulk put together), the only way he's breaking free is to release all his cosmic energy but what will that leave him to fight with?

Light
I vote SS

crazyspinz
do u even know what this tournement is?

Light
yes

Evangel94
Invalid Vote

crazyspinz
for some reason i doubt it...

no offence, but u seem very mutch to be a SS fanboy, and u think that he could beat king thor, so i would suggest you read this thread before you vote

Evangel94
State why or i might not allow the vote.

crazyspinz
this is good, that rule means no fanboys stating there fav character for no good reason

Evangel94
So i guess you guys want me to cancel out your votes then? Until you explain why your voting for that person your votes are nullified. I don't need a long winded explaination, just something than i vote for here.

Current Vote: 1 to 0 in favor of norrin radd

Evangel94
There have been 150 views so far and only 3 voters (all of which are in the tournament), 2 of which have votes nullified, so that leaves only 1. Only 1 measly vote. I'm disappointed with everyone that views this thread with interest and doesn't participate in voting.

Krissy Von Doom
Can I vote? rolling on floor laughing

Evangel94
Your participating, you can't.

Evangel94
I absolutely flat out refuse to end this battle with just one vote.

Krissy Von Doom
You can vote for me Evangel. Tie it up rolling on floor laughing

norrin radd

norrin radd

Krissy Von Doom
At the same time, how would Sunfire react to microwaves? Not too favourably I'd imagine.

With regards to Gideon, he imitates powers, he innovates in using them. And nope, he wouldn't just try freezing Invisible Woman with her powers, for Gideon that's too plain dont you think? rolling on floor laughing He'd use all five in a combination - flame blast, followed by an ice blast, then a microwave blast (would an invisible shield even block that? I know Dazzler's power gets through), outflanking maneuver using flight...etc

I know Modred can't do everything he imagines, but who can? Can Dr Strange? Nein! Modred the power of the whole Darkhold to combat Spawn's limited mystical powers. stick out tongue

norrin radd
spawn is able to create everything he imagines. modred is still human, spawn is already dead.
no way gideon is able to pass trough an IW shield (held up against galactus rings a bell?)

and quasar is vulnerable to magic, what can i say more, oh i have black panther and batman, i would have the best stratagy to take out your team.

and namorita and firestar are not able to kill iceman. plus i still think sunfire is much more powerful then firestar.

Krissy Von Doom
Okay, how about this for a strategy - your team is quickly encased in a Q-bubble? Quasar has actually used that strategy before in the Infinity War so it's not really cheap, just a little cheap. hehe...Lol Then my team quicky escapes the cavern as Modred opens up the earth to swallow your whole team? Team contained, I win. Just kidding....

Sunfire more powerful than Firestar? That's a debatable point as I haven't seen Firestar's limit (she started to burn Terrax though). Of course, being more powerful doesn't guarantee a victory. Plus, Firestar and Namorita have worked together as a team for a while, which is an advantage over Sunfire and Iceman. Another advantage would be flight and speed, whereas only Sunfire is the only one who can take to the skies. Iceman can make an iceslide to try and catch up but he won't be able to reach subsonic speeds. A double team in the air is possible, leaving Drake on the ground twidling his thumbs.

Modred is human, no doubt. Though not a normal human - he's had his face melted, an arm chopped off and still continued to fight, it takes a lot to put him away. Spawn is able to create anything he wants but what will that do to Modred? How about if he opens up the earth to swallow Spawn and anything he creates along with the Invisible Woman, with gale force winds forcing them down? Spawn takes to the air, Modred is master of that too. Spawn shoots bolts of magic? That's joke to Modred. And if Modred were to create ten duplicate illusions of my team - how would Invisible Woman, Iceman, Sunfire, Batman and Black Panther fare? These are illusions that have fooled the senses of a vampire. In turn, how would Spawn combat the crimson bands?

Yes, Quasar is vulnerable to magic but unless Surfer suddenly becomes a magician, how will that weakness be exploited? rolling on floor laughing

norrin radd

norrin radd
erased (my mistake)

norrin radd
about modred ilussions: surfer has cosmic awareness, and i doubt that modred is able to trick panther, or even batman.

norrin radd

Krissy Von Doom
Well, Surfer got taken out by a brick didn't he? stick out tongue

With regards to Modred and his illusions, as you'll see I didn't include the Surfer as one of those who will be affected by that. Modred fooled the Demogorge with illusions, I doubt any regular humans or mutants will be able to see through them.

Since when did Surfer have cosmic awareness? I know he has extraordinary perception, but cosmic awareness?

Spawn isn't doing anything to Quasar until he dispatches of Modred, which I don't see him doing.

norrin radd

Krissy Von Doom
He's dispatching of Modred using his teleportation?

norrin radd

crazyspinz
eva when do i fight

Evangel94
Ok this match is over then. We have to move on to the next match.

Norrin Radd wins.

Next Match: Crazyspinz vs Frothbyte

NO MORE COMMENTS OR VOTES PLEASE!

crazyspinz
u starting that thread now?

crazyspinz
and please no one vote on that until they read my stratagy

Krissy Von Doom
Fair enough. Congratulations to norrin radd and good luck for the next round. rolling on floor laughing

crazyspinz
he will need it if i win....

u will soon find out that im a genious when it comes to strategies

norrin radd

Evangel94
If you half to ask me something send a pm. Do NOT post in a tourney thread I've ended.

Evangel94
Do not post any more comments in this thread. If you insist, I will just remove you ufrom the tournament and have crazyspinz and forthbyte fight it out for the title.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.