Spiderman 3...good idea or bad idea?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
Whom ever Raimi chooses to put in spidey 3 (villian wise), i am sure it will be entertaining. However, would it really be much different than the previous two films? I can almost gaurentee you that spiderman 3 will resemble spidey 1 and spidey 2. This is because Raimi followed and is going to follow the same formula for making a third installment. this is focusing on parkers humanity. I dont want to sound like an ass, because this is what many comic movies lack, but following this formula time and time again is going to get old. I mean spiderman 2 was esentially spiderman 1, just a change of villian and atmosphere.

I am not trying to sound like a fan boy, but in the comics. Parkers major conflict was always living the life and responsibility as spiderman, and keeping mary jane safe. Raimi already touched on these. Do we really want to see another movie dedicated to the love of mary jane, we already had this plot in spiderman 2. It was parkers conflict with being spiderman.

also, there are not many villians that could be chosen to give an interesting enough story for a feature film. In a two issue comic, shocker and mysterio are great villans, but in a two hour movie, their characters would wear thin. I htink the lizard would be a good choice, due to parkers relationship with him. Green goblin 2? I mean come on now, how redundant and obvious would that be. Even though it is a must from the ending of 2.

The only real original way to go would to be to introduce a symbiote or someone like the beyonder. Now this isnt just biased opinion talking, it would be really the only original way to get spiderman back on screen without being repetitive or obvious. Instead of delving into parkers humanity, why not dive into spiderman's character. Parker loved being spiderman, As spiderman parker walked the line of justice and injustice. there is a universe of possibilities around spiderman over parker.

what do you think? Would a spiderman 3 be a redundancy of recylced material or could it prove to be original to the series? I personally think that the second was enough, Raimi pretty much shot himself in the foot when he unveiled spidermans identity to everyone, this kills the suspense for an unmasking to the public in a future movie, and he also rushed parker and mary janes love intrest

Spiderman_RJ
it WILL be a redundance, but ill watch it anyway , and u will also do.

TheFilmProphet
Spider-Man 3: Great Idea roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mane
stop making threads like this!!! there is like 100 "Spider-Man: good or bad" threads!!

BlackC@t
^ I agree with Mane.

I am getting a bit pissed off with Sam. First he's saying he might not make Harry become the new Goblin, if he doesn't pretty much every fan will hate him for not staying true to the character.

I agree, it will get tiresome seeing the same old relationship struggling with Peter and MJ, they need to extend it. Introduce BlackCat or something.

Just make it different and unique then the other two!

Goldeneye
It's a good idea. They can't leave a nice work unfinished...When will Harry avenge his father?...Besides I'd want to see how they introduce the movie this time around.

First time it was with Flipping camera at night with actor's and producers' names on the webs
Second was the sketches summarizing from the last movie

TheFilmProphet
Yeah it will be very interesting to see how they open up Spider-Man 3 this time.

ragesRemorse
Spiderman 2 was nothing more than a clone from the first movie. As long as Raimi chooses to do somthing different with parker, we may have a decent flick, but i think it will probably be nothing more than spiderman 1 and 2, but with an extra villan.

tomhopeparry
its a good point ragesremorse, however i disagree, you would be surprised actually how much you cant fit in 2 hours, for example a two part comic can easily fit into a 2 hour movie believe it or not but it can! specially if other details are added in like another smaller plot running alongside the main one. as far as the repetitiveness is concerned look how long the james bond films have gone on for... they are pretty much the same thing each time and most of them were goodand still equally as interesting to watch as the last.

i also feel you contradict yourself a little saying how the realtionship goes too quickly, but you are basically wanting things to move quicker at the same time introducing extreme things such as symbiotes even though they were only introduced in the comics much later! personally i dont think they should be rushed.

at no point in watching spiderman 2 did i think it was like the 1st. sure it had a similar structure... hero fights villain that kind of thing.. but it has been said that there are only 10 possible structures to stories anyway and shakespeare proved this.

i agree with a lot of suggestions people made... the films do need a bit of change but im not sure it need any extreme change just yet.. specially if it starts going into clones! black cat would be a good idea, a love triangle to throw a cog in the works!

anyway id be happier if i heard news that there were 20 or more movies confirmed yet to be made! ha ha

Hypester
Heh...

If you're going to do a symbiote then the whole movie has to revolve around that, because it's a bit complicated story and even minimized and simplified it can easily overshadow the main character if you're not careful...

I do agree that a Hobgoblin/Lizard SM3 isn't really exciting to me... but MJ is definitely an important part of it, because, like in the comics, eventually she will get tired of wondering if Peter will come home alive... especially when Dr Connors/Oscorp/NASA's latest finding/collaboration/experiment gets out of control and gets to Peter. Boom out of control... Dr. Connors gets double crossed and lizardizes himself to survive... Hobby gets MJ and Venom/Brock teams up with Spider-Man to save her and Venom double crosses everybody because he would give anything to have Peter's life... even though Peter's life has been miserable...

Keep the human themes... that's what makes Spider-Man better than X-Men, imho... the human part is the most important, the action is an extension of who Peter is and is becoming... or at least complimentary... not just thrown in there to keep the crowd excited...

spidespawn

fatcat22
its got to be a good idea homie! It sold out the first time and did better the second time! Why should it stop? Bring it on son! Spidey just needs stronger enemies that scare the audience more and more exciting action in the air and just about anywhere else! What makes spidey great is his aerobatics and bring back the wise cracks!! He's got to be funnier than eddie murphy in Beverly Hills Cops 1,2,3 put together! That would sell!

fatcat22
I think it'll take two years to see Spiderman three and by then, who knows, special effects would be going crazy! It'd be great to see the rhino and the juggernaut doing battle and spidey trying to stop them both.

Dazzler619
Continue making Spider-Man movies!

Ock
How the hell was it a clone of the first movie???

Different villain,different plot,better action.

#1Rupert_Lover
Spider-Man 3 is an awesome Idea. and there's only 817 days 'til it comes out! or so http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/ says.

MKL93
Spider-Man 3 is a great idea! I agree with Ock, 2 was definitly not a of 1! Different Villain, Different Plot! One of the only things that are the same is Peter Parker is in it! Don't you want him? wink
Seriously though, i want Rhino and Hobgoblin in it (doesn't need to be Harry). I would love some kind of deformed freak Hobgoblin that finds GG's old lair. Ooh, i just thought of the perfect origin story! Maybe i'll tel you about it later...!

MKL93
Should i tell you?

doctorstrongbad
I think they should do Spiderman 3, that way it can be a trilogy. At the very least, I think they are going to make 4 movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.