Student Loans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
*screams, has hissy fit, rolls on floor, etc*

Why is it so difficult!!! i should have got my student loan on 20th sept and i still haven't got it! my uni has already taken my accommodation and tuition fees, so if it wasnt for my parents i would be a thoousand pounds in debt, and i am currently on the phone lisstening to crappy musak and am apparently 'still being held in a queue' and will be 'dealt with as soon as possible'

Linkalicious
precisely why i'm at junior college.

Student loans are a pain in the ass, and paying them back is NO FUN.

Clovie
i think there is something similar here, but no one can afford having it erm

naybean
My boyfriends having the exact same problem - his student loan hasnt come through either - its ridiculous. There seems to be a massive problem with them this year.

Linkalicious
there's a guy at my work who's had his degree for like 4 years, and he's still taking one class of college per semester because he doesn't want to have to pay off his student loan.

He says he'll stay in school until he's 50 if he has to....laughing

PVS
should have been my strategy sad

im up to my freakin neck in debt from school

Silver Stardust
Gah, student loans...they suck ass.

Abbita
isnt there anyway you can get a sponsorship?

lil bitchiness
Yeah, you're telling me.

Im soo effing pissed its untrue, i still have not got my laon through, and i need to pay my rent and such.

I have NO money, so past week has been hell for me because there are so many stuff i want to do, but i cant because i have no money - i have barely money to buy food and travel to University - its how bad its gotten.

Dammnit! And today was my day off from university and i wanted to go meet up with Tessa and Kelly and Adam and the resy, but i CANNOT because i have NO money!

Argh! Im pissed!

ash007
yeah in final year but i managed to get a weekend job which actualy helps pay for my rent.

So if you guys can find a weekend job it really really helped me

Turbo-Cajun
Its even worse when you are in a town of <12,000 people and cant get a job tohelp even a pay part of the tution. I ran out of money this semester... next semester I go in the red.

eleveninches
i already have 2 years of loans to pay off, and have 3 years left. sad

big gay kirk
Now I'm really gonna p**s you all off.... when I was at Uni, we got a grant.... I qualified for 1500 quid a year (at a time when 6500 a year was considered an ok wage...) we didn't have loans unless we wanted to.... our tuition fees were paid for, rent took about 400 pounds a year off (even less if you managed to find your own digs or share) and part time jobs in the students union were plentiful... of course, back then, only the top 17% did A-levels, and of those less than half went on to university... and of those who did, a quarter (like me!!!) left before getting their degrees.... to have any chance of getting in, you had to have realgood A-level resultas, and As were hard to get... if you didn't score at least 90% in the exams (at least four papers for each subject, no texts or calculators etc allowed) then that was it.... I was lucky enough to get enough points over six A-levels(!!) (three of which I had to fund myself... hardly anyone took more than three..) and pass a Cambridge entrance exam.... which got me into Loughboro' Uni on a technical course that I didn't want to do... cos back then, if you didn't qualify for your media studies course at Durham, your name got pyut in a hat and you could end up being told... "You can do math at Lampeter, or try again next year..." I left after two weeks... best thing I ever did...

lil bitchiness

ash007
work in the summer or work during the weekends

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.