X-23

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

radioboy121
I took a peak recently on the 30th anniversary edition magazine dedicated to Wolverine and it brought up a character named X-23, who is supposedly a female clone of Wolverine created by Hydra and has her own set of adamantium claws.

She originated through the X-men Evolution cartoon (based on a couple sites I visited), but is a darker character in the comics created thereafter. Unfortunately, I know little about this character and I don't know when she came about. Any insight would be helpful.

TheFilmProphet
* Sex: female
* Place of Birth: Hydra laboratory (location unknown)
* Hair: dark brown
* Eyes: dark green
* Family: none
* Mutation: heightened senses, healing factor, two bone claws in each hand, one bone claw in each foot

X23 was born within the walls of an organization known as Hydra. Based on data Hydra had stolen from project Weapon X, Dr. Deborah Risman was attempting to create "the perfect weapon" but failed twenty-two times. Using Wolverine's DNA, she succeeded on her twenty-third try. Minus a few genetic variations, X23 is Wolverine's clone and is probably the closest thing he has to a living relative.

At the age of twelve years, X23 was put through the Weapon X process, although only her bone claws were laced with adamantium. Hydra's efforts to breed out emotion failed. What the organization had intended to be an unstoppable soldier lacking free will, had turned into a violently rebellious teenage girl cursed with uncontrollable anger. At some point during her life, X23 had become convinced that Wolverine was not only aware of her existence but somehow responsible for her ghastly upbringing. In an effort to get revenge, she infiltrated Xavier's Institute and attacked Wolverine. Luckily, he managed to talk some sense into her. The two formed sort of a truce afterward.

radioboy121
I thank you for the information. I'm surmising this is the bios for the X-Men Evolution version as I've heard about the comic version implying she was prostituting and the specified age would make it very... Disturbing otherwise.

Paola
Proph: that's an amazing pic!!

TheFilmProphet
Thanks

Yes

eleveninches
X-23 is the name of the bus I get every morning

pr1983
laughing

is it me or are marvel just recycling their characters?

eleveninches
does she even get given a name?

It's rather insensitive of the x-men to keep referring to her as x-23. THey dont refer to logan as weapon x.

I mean, if a child was born in a concentration camp and was orphenned before they could be named, people later in its life wouldn't refer to it by the number designation it was given by the camp. They would give it a name.

pr1983
laughing

i actually see what u mean...

eleveninches
we should give her a new name instead of calling her by her slave name.

pr1983
probably...

eleveninches
what is it going to be?

pr1983
somebody must know...

Mana4X2
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/BladeGirlMana/X23_4.jpg

Mana4X2
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/BladeGirlMana/X23_3.jpg

Mana4X2
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/BladeGirlMana/X23_2.jpg

Sage Tessa
In "The End" series, X is referred to as Laurie... wink

Alpha Centauri
Laurie it is then.

-AC

Clovie
according to evo, she was a clone of logan
and since she was never a part of xmen they didn't give her a name

Sage Tessa
Of course, that is only a possible future... rolleyes1

eleveninches
Well, she's a female, so she isnt technically a clone, but in the comic version she is a genetically identical to logan, and was created from a sample of his dna, but with an xx chromosone instead of an xy one.

Mana4X2
This is very cool.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/BladeGirlMana/X-23/X23_7.jpg

Can someone please tell me what this cover is supposed to mean?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/BladeGirlMana/X-23/X23_8.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/BladeGirlMana/X-23/X23_6.jpg

Cheers,
Mana

Emma718
awesome pics Mana

Sage Tessa
The cover of the 6th (or 7th, found conflicting info) and last issue of NYX, the series which introduced X-23 to the Marvel comic universe...
The two others featured are Cat!Tatiana (upper) and Kiden Nixon (lower)...

Other versions of NYX #4's cover deemed to racy to be used (thumbnails, click for originals):

First Draft
http://middletonfan.online.fr/thumbs/NYX004COVPANTS_small.jpg

Second (still not good enough rolleyes1)
http://middletonfan.online.fr/thumbs/NYX004COVTEDDY_small.jpg

*sighs* Josh Middleton... in_love

Mana4X2
love bunny Exactly how many times am I going to thank you, Sage? Thanks heaps. I did find those other cover versions. Imagine having to change a cover three times. I personally don't like the first one but the second one is pretty good.

Cheers,
Mana

P.S. The third is my fav though, hence the reason why I posted it. And is it just me or does she look very, er, strange in NYX, compared to Uncanny? confused

Alpha Centauri
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/BladeGirlMana/X-23/X23_7.jpg

As cool as this image is, I think she looks too much like a younger, drugged up version of Wednesday Addams.

-AC

pr1983
hysterical

true...

R@F@T)-(OrN
this is the first time that i write on this forum, so i was wondering if anyone can help me with 2 questions:

first one
X23 story, i was reading many thinks about that her at this forum but i want to know more about her character on the comics

second one
where can i find photos of her??????? i've been looking for photos since i see her on XMEN evo

if anyone can help, i will apreciate it

Sage Tessa
X-23 Fansite
Plenty of high-quality pictures of X-23 from NYX and Uncanny X-Men...

Next time you have an X-23-related question, please ask here, thanks... swank

R@F@T)-(OrN
thanks, that was a cool site. i like some pictures

but now i've another question
does she have real adamantium claws or they are bones claws????

Sage Tessa
They're adamantium-laced, just like Wolverine's... wink

R@F@T)-(OrN
ahhh ok
another thing...
is she a prostitute or something like that???

Sage Tessa
Was, supposedly...
She was apparently forced into the profession, but has since escaped with the help of Kiden Nixon...

R@F@T)-(OrN
so she left that profession.?????
is she actually part of the xmen or she works alone????

Sage Tessa
She now attends Xavier's and hangs out with Storm's team, the X.S.E.

R@F@T)-(OrN
did she has a fight with logan???? i saw one cover of the comics and she was on top of wolverine

and what is X.S.E.????

Sage Tessa
Yes, she slashed him up pretty well...

The "X-treme Sanctions Executive," you can follow their exploits in Uncanny X-Men...

R@F@T)-(OrN
did she actually beat him?????
do u have any link or site with pics about that comic???

Mana4X2
In my opinion this is one of the coolest pics I have seen so far...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/BladeGirlMana/X-23/X23_10.jpg

Mana4X2
And then there is this one. Not so good...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/BladeGirlMana/X-23/X23_9.jpg

Sage Tessa
Agreed... wink

Although, she's lucky she has the healing factor, as she "missed" a good number of those bullets... shocking

Mana4X2
laughing out loud Oh that is just so true! *Giggles hysterically*

Sage Tessa
The variant is much better...

http://img56.exs.cx/img56/517/x23202nd20printing20variant0im.th.jpg

Mana4X2
Ah, yes. That I agree with! Much, much better. eek!

eleveninches
i had a ride on the X-23 today

Mana4X2
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing The bus, right? That is so funny.

eleveninches
It's the bus I get every day to Uni

Mana4X2
That's just freaky. Any more X-23 pics, guys? Please share as I so love her.

Mana

shaber
I liked those episodes

ayjay
but isnt she only like 14??...isnt that kinda....wrong..*shudders*....wait a sec...when did she have time to do the...umm...business....when she was like locked up in the cincentration institue place gettin all suped up?

ayjay
o0o and one more thing....i was readin strips from X-23 series....and then UNCANNY,....how old is x-23 in uncanny??...cos she look like 18?

Sage Tessa
More like 16/17 (could be older, remember: she has Logan's anti-aging)...
Most comic characters' ages are somewhat uncertain...

Evo X

ayjay
o0o tru tru....the anti aging.....but still.....how did she get hooked in with the whole hooker scene?

eleveninches
who knows??

Mana4X2
Oooh, nice one, Sage. I love that pic.

cool
Mana

eleveninches
http://www.popcultureshock.com/features/891/x23005mn.jpg

eleveninches
http://www.popcultureshock.com/reviews/3861/3861_1.jpg

thundercracker
oh man i searched 4 x23 and found nuthin ah well where are u all up 2 in innocence lost my stupid comic store is only up ta 3 but they e mail me sayin 4 is in next week (only cause i spend so much there) sigh

radioboy121
Originally posted by ayjay
but isnt she only like 14??...isnt that kinda....wrong..*shudders*....wait a sec...when did she have time to do the...umm...business....when she was like locked up in the cincentration institue place gettin all suped up?

I believed she was at least legal age when she became the focus, but who knows when her initial age was truly set. The subject matter has always been controversial in comics and adding the status "minor" would have raised many banning suits by now. People didn't like the concept of Catwoman even being a prostitute, which is why post-crisis took that part out.

Gen-117
Anyone? just wondering as every site i try to find some on dosn't work.

Any from the comics will do, need them as i'm bored and i want to draw somthing.

if anyone actually posts before having a dig at me, thanks

Wickerman
Awww man, x-23 rocks. You'll think this is stupid, but have you tried google image searching? I have and came up with some results. And they actually do work wink
try google searching x23 wink

~wickerman~

Gen-117
Tried the image search, but for reasons best know to itself, it's always,

Error 404 - page not found

i'll try some other search engines

Wickerman
Originally posted by Gen-117
Tried the image search, but for reasons best know to itself, it's always,

Error 404 - page not found

i'll try some other search engines

O_o which is incredibly weird cause it worked just fine for me, including a .gif with her "snikt"-ing her claws

~wickerman~

ayjay
heres a kool one

ayjay
and this

eleveninches
she's really quite cute

ayjay
iono...she looks very goth...i like her in uncanny...but in the x-23 and NYX series....she looks freekin scary

Wickerman
Wolverine in young female version *drools and dies*

~wickerman~

Rave X
I have some for ya

Rave X
another

Rave X
and another

Rave X
I love her! big grin

Wickerman
NO NO NO EVIL MIND! UNDERAGED FICTIONAL CHARACTER!!!!!!!!

but look at those claws....and the healing factor..... sad

~wickerman~

Fionnuala
Go here wink ...: http://www.x-23.org/

Wickerman
Originally posted by Fionnuala
Go here wink ...: http://www.x-23.org/

you have reached a whole new level of evil by providing me with that link

~wickerman~

Lord Unicron
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/lord_unicron3/other/X23.bmp

Fionnuala
Originally posted by Wickerman
you have reached a whole new level of evil by providing me with that link

~wickerman~

laughing hey..whatever flosts your boat..be it underage prostitues with claws..roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wickerman
underage prostitues with claws..roll eyes (sarcastic)

You say it.,.....like it's ......a bad thing confused

~wickerman~

Fionnuala
You say it.,.....like it's ......a bad thing confused

~wickerman~

i guess being female i'm missing out on the attraction..

Wickerman
i guess being female i'm missing out on the attraction..

mwhuahahah.....indeed you are unfortunately for you O_o

~wickerman~

ayjay
it's quite disturbing...she's like 14 or 15 or sumtin sint she...but faa...she's quite....ummm.....developed for that young....>__<

Wickerman
Exactly. The Evo one didn't look that good face nor body.

~wickerman~

Rave X

Gen-117
Exactly. The Evo one didn't look that good face nor body.

~wickerman~

X-23 in Evo was a pyscho but she took down Rogue pretty cool smile sad

Wickerman
Originally posted by Gen-117
X-23 in Evo was a pyscho but she took down Rogue pretty cool smile sad

yes, rogue...and xavier...and all the x-men........and half of hydra (not exact number), and gauntlet......and a freaky little doctor man O_o

~wickerman~

thundercracker
x23 is my ... 3rd no 2nd fave charecter she is so much cooler than wolverine :P ill post pix wen i go home ....

Wickerman
Aw man,. don't say that. Now they'll turn x23 in the angsty old woman that says Bub and wolverine into a prostitute stick out tongue

~wickerman~

Rave X
cool How much would he charge for one our?

Wickerman
Originally posted by Rave X
cool How much would he charge for one our?

I doubt you'd make it through 3 minutes laughing

~wickerman~

thundercracker
lol thats just wrong .....

thundercracker
all im finding is pix from evo its quite annoying

ayjay
bwuhahahaha...comic thing is funny

Rave X
I doubt you'd make it through 3 minutes laughing

~wickerman~

As long as he aint to rough, or uses his claws to much cool roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm bad... I should shut up no expression

Wickerman
As long as he aint to rough, or uses his claws to much

You described Scott in bed laughing

~wickerman~

Rave X
smile
As long as it lasts longer than 3 minutes you dont hear my complaining roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fionnuala
smile
As long as it lasts longer than 3 minutes you dont hear my complaining roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing

Wickerman
laughing

and now you just described Jean's mentality thumb up

~wickerman~

edit: wanted to quote rave, not fionnuala

Rave X
hysterical

Hell I'm not like Jean and dont have any interests in Scott that way...

Okay okay, just want Wolvie, he can be rough and it has, to at least, last one our roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rave X
hysterical

Hell I'm not like Jean and dont have any interests in Scott that way...

Okay okay, just want Wolvie, he can be rough and it has to, at least, last one our roll eyes (sarcastic)

I wanted to edit my post but instead I quoted it.. dontgetitdoh

KirikaX23
In AoA, though her claws are exactly like Wolverine's, three on each hand, her name is Kirika Yashida, daughter of Logan and Mariko, but of them being the one and the same, Im not sure

pr1983
You described Scott in bed laughing

~wickerman~

i knew i sensed cyclops bashing...

KirikaX23
SHE FINALLT HAS AN OFFICIAL NAME: its Laura (possible last name could be Kinney-Logan)

Sage Tessa
Why "Logan"?

That's not Wolverine's last name... confused

Going-Rouge
Have you ever noticed that nowhere in X-men dose is say wolverine's last name, even on his dog tag's it says WOLVERINE!!!! if he was in the army, it's supposed to have his full name, can you imagine, in the future, all the men and women who died in Iran, on there it says, Anna Dobson, Wolverine, James Johnson.... that would be strange

Sage Tessa
Well, in his Origin series, it was revealed that Wolverine's real (birth) name was "James Howlett". wink

So, following the pattern, X-23's "real" name would be "Laura Kinney-Howlett".

Going-Rouge
Oh, I think I understand

munkiesarus
Laura...is..sooooo not bad@$$ like X-23!

Laura is sweet little girl in some house on the prarie with pigtails!

Her name should have been like...Massassi or something amazing and exotic. Laura...pfft.

thundercracker
Originally posted by munkiesarus
Laura...is..sooooo not bad@$$ like X-23!

Laura is sweet little girl in some house on the prarie with pigtails!

Her name should have been like...Massassi or something amazing and exotic. Laura...pfft.

so true x23 just made her sound all mesterious and stuff laura isnt threatening at all ....

ayjay
Talia!...that's the name that came to my mind when i saw X-23...Talia or Tanya....Laura is very......not comic booky

Rave X
Originally posted by Going-Rouge
Have you ever noticed that nowhere in X-men dose is say wolverine's last name, even on his dog tag's it says WOLVERINE!!!! if he was in the army, it's supposed to have his full name, can you imagine, in the future, all the men and women who died in Iran, on there it says, Anna Dobson, Wolverine, James Johnson.... that would be strange

He got those dog tags form Weapon X project, so he didnt had them back when he was in the army as James Howlett (his birth name).

Anyways, back to topic.
Dont like Laura on her, but can't really come up with a proper name. The name that pops up my head when I see her is Taki, but thats form Soul Calibur...

ayjay
Ah, so you had teh 'T' vibe too aye?

Rave X
Guess.. raver

munkiesarus
Taki...ahahahaahhh...

Rave X
What? Like it or hate it?

munkiesarus
Lol, no I meant that's funny. Taki fits rather nicely, but I'll always see the tight red uniform if I think about her...

Rave X
Ah, yeah, know what ya mean, that tight outfit which you cannot wear without a bra when you have boobs that size... roll eyes (sarcastic)

munkiesarus
Ahahahahhh...

ayjay
ommgg...i rekon....FAAA...how does someone get them THAT BIG ...>__<

munkiesarus
Lol, waaaaaaaaaaay off topic!

X-23's in my sig! w00t!

Hulk Power
Ah, yeah, know what ya mean, that tight outfit which you cannot wear without a bra when you have boobs that size... roll eyes (sarcastic)

What are you guys talking about? Boobs? naughty I don't think this the right place to be talking about this (even though I don't mind hearing these kinds of conversations) There are young people on these forums. We might be mature about these things but not everyone is grown up. Besides, what are you guys saying about a red tight suit? big grin

Going-Rouge
O-O Ummm Awkward, I think I'm in the wrong room *leaves SWIFTLY**

kichiku_beihei
I just read the X-23 1st issue, and what ever happened to her birth mother?? I like the dark, gothy X-23 in X-23 and NYX better than the one in AoA. *Loves the artist who's doing NYX love Looks like the artist that did that robot movie for Time Warner...

Hulk Power
Originally posted by Going-Rouge
O-O Ummm Awkward, I think I'm in the wrong room *leaves SWIFTLY**

Come on. Aren't you mature enough to listen to these conversation without getting scared? Wait until you get to tenth grade and you start taking sex-ed. Now that is scary and awkward. laughing Happy Dance

munkiesarus
Originally posted by kichiku_beihei
I just read the X-23 1st issue, and what ever happened to her birth mother?? I like the dark, gothy X-23 in X-23 and NYX better than the one in AoA. *Loves the artist who's doing NYX love Looks like the artist that did that robot movie for Time Warner...

Wanna post some pics of the insides of NYX?

The covers are glorious...they find their way onto my desktop once in a while.

kichiku_beihei
Sorry, I don't own a scanner but trust me, NYX is worth the money IMO. It's quite different from your goody tooshu good guys. NYX has drugs, sex and gore evil face

I personally love Kidens Nixon and her powers are quite cool. She's a druggie raver and she can like freeze time or slow it down to an extreme degree. Sorta of confusing, but from what I have seen, if she uses any force when touching something, it does alot of damage.. some how.. I think. A little confused on that aprt myself.

X-23 (She has no name as of yet, not even X-23) has the obvious 2 claws in her arm and 1 in her foot and is a harcore prostitute.

Catiana is quite cool, shes a good girl but her mutation transforms her into some sort of animal like creature when exposed to it's blood. I.E. if she comes in contact with dog blood, she gets hieghtened smell, fur, paws etc. If she comes in contact with cat blood, she turns into a big ol' were cat thingie.

So far ther series is entertaining and a little darker than your typical Marvel comic IMO. Well worth the $4 USD for issues #1 - 4

thundercracker
ive only 1 issue of nyx its either 5 or 7 i 4get but im not at home and cant chek i also dont have a scannner or even digital camera (unless u count my phone but the quality is CRAP) so i cant post any either all i know is the story lokked quite interestin but my comic store wont stock it as only i brought it an liked it sad

kichiku_beihei
well it is darker than your typical Marvel tittle. What other Marvel title head lines Prostitution, suicide, gang violance, drugs, and murder? Especially by 3 teenage girls...

munkiesarus
It does sound rather interesting, K_B...especially Kidens Nixon. I'm googling her right now...

kichiku_beihei
She is pretty cool, and I am infatuated with her. I like her because she is so different from the typical Marvel female. She's takes acid hits (other drugs), goes to raves, steals, lies, and is not overly exagerated. If this forum would allow me to post pics, I'd post one of Kidens Nixon thats on acid.

Tag06
Since you guys love X-23 like myself I thought I'd link to my friend CMX's X-23 messageboard.

http://cmx23.conforums3.com/

thundercracker
She is pretty cool, and I am infatuated with her. I like her because she is so different from the typical Marvel female. She's takes acid hits (other drugs), goes to raves, steals, lies, and is not overly exagerated. If this forum would allow me to post pics, I'd post one of Kidens Nixon thats on acid.

yep it does make a good change and she is 1 of my fave charecters shes just so cool and dont give a @$#&

also those threads are cool thanks man

kichiku_beihei
Originally posted by Tag06
Since you guys love X-23 like myself I thought I'd link to my friend CMX's X-23 messageboard.

bleh, the people there that hate NYX got on my nerves. Their just pissed off the X-23 isn't the main attraction and the whole comic does not revolve around her. Their probably the same people that belong to the "I Hate Cyclops Club". I really do hope though that the cancellation of NYX is only a rumor...

thundercracker
bleh, the people there that hate NYX got on my nerves. Their just pissed off the X-23 isn't the main attraction and the whole comic does not revolve around her. Their probably the same people that belong to the "I Hate Cyclops Club". I really do hope though that the cancellation of NYX is only a rumor...

havent heard that rumor but i cant get it anyway the one i have involves some mutant who changed into a dog/person thingy after touchin the dead (or dying) dog i cant remember it was a while ago

info from the last innocence lost issue dunno how 2 do spoilers .....

i loved the conclusion of innocence lost it was great to see her retract her claws and beat th crap outta rice loved it so much

kichiku_beihei
I just got the 2nd issue of X-23 on the weekend.... Rice is a pinga! Well so far NYX is more provoking than alot of other X titles at the moment.... but we'll see whats going on.

Hughnut2000
I've got one

Hughnut2000
Sorry embarrasment

kichiku_beihei
I thought that version of X-23 looked..... silly. SHe doesn't look dangerous enough in that suit. I like her look in X-23 and NYX better.

munkiesarus
I actually like the art in that picture. Very clean and smooth.

pr1983
Originally posted by munkiesarus
I actually like the art in that picture. Very clean and smooth.

and whoever cropped it did a great job...

thundercracker
I thought that version of X-23 looked..... silly. SHe doesn't look dangerous enough in that suit. I like her look in X-23 and NYX better.

agreed she should look like a bad-ass cause she is stick out tongue

kichiku_beihei
Originally posted by thundercracker
agreed she should look like a bad-ass cause she is stick out tongue

I love her look in X-23 (picking up issues 3 & 4 Wednesday). In NYX, she looks very voluptuous eek! . IN uncanny, or w/e that pic is from, she does not put the fear of God into you wearing that silly costume and fluffy hair.

If she came after me looking like X-23... from X-23 confused , I'd loose all bladder and bowel control... If X-23 came after me looking like she does in NYX, I'd grab a cowboy hat and hope my health insurance covers it. If she came after me in that silly costume, I'd be like. "Awww aren't you a cutie, Halloween is 4 months away.."

thundercracker
I love her look in X-23 (picking up issues 3 & 4 Wednesday). In NYX, she looks very voluptuous eek! . IN uncanny, or w/e that pic is from, she does not put the fear of God into you wearing that silly costume and fluffy hair.

If she came after me looking like X-23... from X-23 confused , I'd loose all bladder and bowel control... If X-23 came after me looking like she does in NYX, I'd grab a cowboy hat and hope my health insurance covers it. If she came after me in that silly costume, I'd be like. "Awww aren't you a cutie, Halloween is 4 months away.."

lol yeah how many issues of nyx are there now im gonna look into gettin some more but that means finding a shop that has them an turning my back on heroes for sale (my current store) and they hold alot of issues in for me so ill stick with them an see wat else i can find

kichiku_beihei
NYX has issues 1-5 out, they actually have a Volume thingie.. sorta... confused issues 1 - 3 in 1, and 4-5 in 1... I personally love the drawing, colorings and story, thus far. Overall, it's a good pick up IMO.

FieryBalrog
has NYX been cancelled or is it still going?

kichiku_beihei
it's been delayed, then restarted... from what I have heard, NYX 6 should be out in July.

thundercracker
any1 know of another x23 series coming up? i like her storys but not so much in uncanny she is a great charecter and i will pick up anything i find her in

kichiku_beihei
NYX #6 comes out this Wednesday!!!!!!

munkiesarus
Awesome! I'm gonna pick up the entire series then, hopefully...x_X

Milkie
Up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.