Jean-Claud Van Damme

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyclops
One of the most underrated Actors.

He is so bad that you cannot help but like him. Some friends and I made a JCVDTV night where we would watch movies like Bloodsport, Lionheart, Knock Off and, my personal favorite, Street Fighter.

Baylin
Indeed I've always found his acting to be so incredibly cheesy and wooden and sure he knows his moves but why prove the point that he can do the splits in every film?

Saying that Bloodsport is an all time fav!

yerssot
he's terrible to say the least

Baylin
yes

Well no actually I beg to differ. I would say he's terrible to say the best!

yerssot
well, you could talk about his accent, his bad acting, his big ego about his moves, ...

Baylin
I'd rather not... no expression

yerssot
cause it's too scary to think of

Cinemaddiction
He's certainly not underrated. The "Muscles from Brussels" is like an Americanized version of Jackie Chan that typecasts himself in nothing but martial arts movies.

I don't think he's had a real big movie since "Cyborg". Soon after, he had a huge drug problem that pretty much ended his career, until he came back to do a shitload of straight to video movies.

That said, "Bloodsport" is one of my favorite movies of all time, and I am pretty sure my friend and I can quote it word for word.

yerssot
that's sad cinemaddiction stick out tongue

Cinemaddiction
Not really, it's just extremely quotable.

"You lose, American *******."

"You..are NEXT!"

"Time to seperate the men from the boys."

"You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!"

Ahhhh..memories.

Cyclops
"OKAY, U.S.A!"

ANGELIQUE
I LIKE JEAN-CLAUD VAN DAMME

andyF1
When he first came on the scene i thought wow! but the problem was he never changed, his movies where all the same. It was like kick hold that , then punch stop slow mo, very robotic , watch hong action movies they beat western movies any day, Jackie Chan is far superior to JCVD
maybe not so much now but in the 80's he was the best
Plus JC never took coke

Darth Vicious
I agree with some of u, Bloodsport was his best work and i realy like Cyborg, Universal Soldier but then he became a has been, he should stop makin stupi straight to video movies!

VilleValo462
or jus stop ... PERIOD ..

Lil Seraph
yeah Jackie Chan n Jet Li are the BOMB! They're heaps kool. Im into martial arts n im learning Parkour which was invented by David Belle in France. Its awesome. Anyway i'd just like to say JCVD is a really crappy ass actor. He sux ass crack. He was also a Ballet dancer before he started makin cheesy ass movies so thats y he's always doin the splits n crap.

Evy_O
The guy sucks yes

Cyclops
A valid point... especially with your reasoning.

No, my point is where are the Jean-Claud Van Dammes now? Where are the Arnolds? Where are the Sly's? There ARE still here, but not how I remember them.

I want the action flick where the hero makes a sarcastic, cheesy line after he does something.

In Street Fighter, and JC kicked Raul Julia into a TV, he yelled "your off the air." Classic!

Cyclops
I miss this thread. JC is still hilarious. But, more or less, because he has those really cheesy lines and he couldn;t act his way out of a wet paper bag.

It is like all of the 'B' class Video Game based movies like 'Mario Bros.,' and Double Dragon. (The Dragon Wagon, YES!) They are so terrible that I can't help but own them for a cheap laugh.

Rogue Jedi
his early movies rocked: lionheart, cyborg, universal soldier, the one where he plays chad and alex the brothers.....
but his late work has blown big time.

yerssot
*hangs head in shame*

Cinemaddiction
"Double Impact"

"Why don't you take your fancy clothes, and your black silk underwear and go back to Disneyland!"

*Paris=goddess*
um whats with your sigg cinemaddiction? who's that?

Cyclops
Double Impact..... what a great movie.

Have I mentioned Lionheart? That was awesomeness at its awesomest!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.