Galactus vs. Phoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
O.k., the firebirdblowupwent up against the Beyonder and lost via Rachel Summers. The Beyonder took out lady Death. Death can take down both Galactus and Phoenix, only Phoenix can come back. She's like an open doorway.
Can she summon the power to neutralize then destroy Galactus, perhaps leaving the Universe in tact? raver

radioboy121
You must mean Death. Lady Death is a "Chaos Comics?" creation.

The Phoenix entity may have the means to defeat Galactus when he is finally exhausted. Galactus mentioned however that he destroys life that is meant to be at its end, while the Phoenix leeches off the life essence of what could have been. So to a certain degree, Phoenix is more of a threat than Galactus (he is of a more natural order).

HarmonicFlo88
Doesn't Galactus NEED to exist? since he came from tha previous universe?

picoico
In what-if issue, they fought. Pretty much Galactus couldn't get rid of the Phoenix as easily as he wanted, so being as hungry as he was he went on to easier pray.

Sounds 'bout right...bottom line was that she/it was on equal footing with Galactus.

crazyspinz
galactus would win, pheonix force has the power to beat him im sure, but it has never found a host strong enough to

Abaddon
Phoenix Force has the power to destroy the universe;
Galactus is part of the universe;
Therefore the Pheonix Force can destroy Galactus.

wrathofachilles
I would say the Phoenix force is capable of taking down Galactus, but the fight would destroy many galaxies before either force claimed victory.

Abaddon
Most definatly

JuggernautFan
actually the phoenix force has subdued galactus.

picoico
When? In mainstream continuity, the force has only fought firelord. In the what-if issue, it was more or less galactus giving up for easier planets.

picoico
No, they showed in issues of FF that galacuts is well capable of devouring the universe. He doesn't because that's not his role. He was manipulated by a celestial to do so.

Maelstrom
Galactus is like a part of the Universe. I think his goal is to try to make that a permanent thingy. He is the Wizard of the Physical. By being able to stand apart from the part that you are of the Universe the two will no longer need to support each other or themselves.
Phoenix is a Telepath and Telekenitic. That's what we're dealing with when we mention her. Essentially she is not Physical. She is Impermanence.
I would love to go with the big guy on this one, but Today he is not in the position he is seeking and he may never be as a result. Phoenix however is allready in such a position.
Perhaps what will be is that the Phoenix who would have had the wonderful potential to participate in all things will be bonded to a Universal goal that couldn't be achieved, even by Galactus, destroying both forever.

Maelstrom
But like i said on a power level i don't see how you can hurt her. Eventually she just over burns herself out.
So Galc. could throw it all at her and he would still have to stand to her assault. He has great telepathy too. But hers dosn't stem from the body.
He'd summit.

Maelstrom
O.k. She's a Telepath and a Telekenitic. Those are the two constructs we are deal

picoico
How can you hurt her? Well, apparently she doesn't like being stuck up in some crystal. It hurts her feelings.

I'd say Phoenix is on par with a cosmic cube. She demonstrates exactly the same abilities. Actually, when Rachel wen toe to toe with Beyonder, she lost out. Big time. So the PF may be under a cosmic cube.

baddspellahl4
dude, phoenix had to kill herself to prevent her from blowing up the whole universe. not even galactus has that kind of power. I also find interesting that galactus has been in both the marvel and dc universes a good amount of tiems (don't believe me, look it up)

picoico
Actually, I think it was Lilandra's brother who threatened the universe. Jean was accused of posing the same danger (x-men #137).

The point was, anything phoenix was capable of doing, so too could a cosmic cube.

Also, Galactus had at one point lost control and started to swallow the whole universe...

muffin man
pheonix and Dark pheoonix are slightly different
in personality

Victor Von Doom
'Galactus is like a part of the Universe. I think his goal is to try to make that a permanent thingy.'

Very technical.

CountQuan
GO GALACTUS!!!

muffin man
But the universe could remain without galactus

Hyperstorm
In case you all forgot, the greatest part of Galactus' character, as well as something he rarely uses, is The Ultimate Nullfier. In his hands, the Nullifier itself can wipe away an entire timeline from beginning to end. One wave of that bad mutha and Phoenix would be done for. She may be capable of destroying a universe with all of her might, but the Nullifier can wipe away the pasts and futures of entire timelines with ease. And the Nullifier is actually an aspect of Galactus, so it's only fair he gets to use it.

Darth_Erebus
This has already been done in comics. I saw the scans but don't remember the issue. Galactus lasted about a minute before Phoenix punked him.

ThePittman
Big G, because I like his purple suit. laughing

Phoenix_Avatar9
Big P, because i like her...birthday suit? confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.