hero/villian demise debate!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VENOMfan
I think it's good if once in a while a character die's it keeps the realism going, at first Ben Reily((tho not popular at the time)) died and fans clamored about how wrong it was to kill him. that is stupid plain and simple. but for the few who thought he was cool it obviously blew.
hell i thougth Scarlet Spider rocked. and Recently Eddie Brock((aka Venom)) died* I couldnt belive this I was genuinely deppressed. tho it is only a comic character but still

anyhow, anyone else been shocked by a character dying? or actually felt saddend?

*if anyone is wondering what i mean by died, you can find a description of how the Symbiote and Eddie changed into the monsterous version of Venom*

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f47/t30041.html

Magee
Collosus definatley. It was qucik. unexpected and stupid if u ask me sad

Spawnie
Darkness, for me. They killed him, dammit. Well actually he blew himself up along with all the mobsters that were after him. I didn't like his death very much, and yes it was like someone punched a hole in me. I have that character along with 2 darklings tattooed on my arm, and they kill him like that, blah.

It was a good death though, I don't denie it, but kinda sudden.

Gregory
I was really upset when Gaiman killed Morpheus. He was a great character...

eleveninches
collossus, jean gray (many times), scott summers (returned iin SFC),
Moira Mc Taggart,Genis-vell

X-Menfan2003
I was really, really upset in The League Of Extraordinary gentlemen Vol. 2 when Hawley Griffin and Edward Hyde died. It's my favourite story and 1 of my favourite characters die. It was a real shame how he died to, he deserved a more spectacular death.

Jason420
didnt eddie die from cancer VENOMfan?

Gregory
Also, although I'm not sure any of you will have heard of him, I regret the death of Mortimer Kadaver. Kadaver was a minor Batman villian with a death fetish, and he had the best hair ever. Sadly, he was shot and killed by the Penguin.

SuperNova
Yea, Venomfan im with you, When I freckin read that He died from Cancer in the new books, I was freakin mad. I dont think they should kill superheroes, only the really corny and unliked ones *Cough* cloak and dagger *cough* *Cough* Spider girl *cough*

Yea, Brock dieing was a thriller, I hated it, Ill never read another Venom comic book again... It shouldnt be called "Venom" anymore... it should be called "Gay-Suit" Cause it was only Venom when it had BROCK.

SuperNova
Oh, and jason, Eddie did die from Cancer. Then they put him back in Venom... it was gross... and venom kind of "Absorbed" him

eleveninches
PSYLOCKE!!!! sad

How could they kill her off???

I was really pissed off at that. she was always my favourate x-****

The Batman
I'm confused as to Eddie Brock's status. I read that comic, and it was my impression that he was saved at the last second by Spider-Man's misguided, irresponsible and reckless ploy to reunite the dying man and his predatory parasite. Obviously, it was the alien that was condemning Spider-Man for what he did at the end of the issue, but I figured Brock couldn't speak for himself at the time, being so close to death. Do you really think he's dead? They left it open for that not to be the case, and you know how comics are.

Personally, I was saddened when Senator Robert Kelly was killed. He changed his mind-- and politics-- about mutants in the end, and he was killed by an anti-mutant zealot who resented Kelly's change of heart. This was, of course, mirroring what happened to Malcolm X. A resentful, misguided man reformed his hateful views to allow for peaceful co-existence between two diverse groups, and he was killed for it. Sad.

eleveninches
Pyro's death just seemed so pointless

VENOMfan
yeah Eddie isnt dead in the sense that he passed on, but there isnt any saving him. his "essence" is the only thing left. it sucks cuase there is no way he can come back and Wolverine even state's in his fight with Venom there is no Eddie left in the Symbiote

The Batman
I saw part of that comic. I think that story takes place before the symbiote returns to Eddie. It did state that it needed a new host, and the next time it bonded with someone, it would be the last time. If it was stuck with Eddie and couldn't get a new host, it wouldn't still be looking. I think that if Eddie's essence was within Venom, Wolverine would be able to sense it. When Venom mixed it up with Wolverine, he was just an amorphous blob. When he re-bonded with Brock, he was a man-shaped-- albeit badly draw-- creature, with 300 pounds of pumped-up, cancer-ridden, crazed loser filling up the ooze-like symbiote.

Deus_ex_Machina
i think they both are alive (eddie and brock) but in different way now, no longer a symbiont relation but a parasitic one, eddie is out of the picture here.

VENOMfan
yeah, that was spectacular spiderman, this is from the new Venom serie's. i heard a rumor about the next instalment Venom #13 "patterns"
they will go into exactly what happend with Brock and somthing about Reed Richards. but for now Im assumeing there isnt anything left of Brock.

and when a character dies pointlessly is f****** stupid. Doppelgangger<sp? died becuase Carnage is a re-nob who wanted to kill Shriek probably the only chick he could EVER get with and instead killed the goofy monster. god that was a incomprable mess

eleveninches
BRING BACK PSYLOCKE!!!!!

Asian Hulk
Marvel anti-superheroes Maj.Glenn Talbot,Abosrbing Man,Dr.Doom,Green Goblin,Doc Ockand Red Skull doesn't know about anything about it.but DC anti-superheroes,The Joker,Lex Luthor,Live Wire,Giganta,The Riddler,Mr.Freeze,Weather Wizard and Boomerang are strictly to fight their superheroes.

VENOMfan
this thread is about there demise, or why you hate seeing them die, or if you were glad. this isnt just about hero's and villians

malkavian
X-Statix

A X serie where team members die
its kinda like the real deal, if you have a team
and you have 2 assault a army base the odds are
you gonna lose a team mate, and this is what makes the serie great

-Death of team mates, drinking superheroes (2 forget their heavy duties), inner power struggle, love affairs, ...

i think that heroes/villans must die at an certan point
that makes the story realistic. imho

Raventheonly
Nice Gur Malkavian he rocks.
Fourtunetly for my fav, she dies but can escape into other bodies...

MaxCarnage
I just picked up Venom v/s Carnage issue 1, and Venom was WAY too symbiotic (only wanting to save Carnage's baby because of the family line). Spidey also makes the comment of 'If you hadn't sucked up the soul of your host...' Is Eddie dead in this story too?

SUPERMANDAMAN
Yea i read it too it seems like Eddie is gone and why is carnage trying to kill that guy is he suppose to be the host for Carnages baby or something?

Ironman 66
colossus i was really pissed

Alpha Centauri
I want Psylocke to come back. Was quite lame when she died, coz I like her character alot. I always felt like we were apprehended from knowing more about her.

Colossus also was quite moving. When he sacrificed himself.

-AC

LIZARDRULZ
It wasn't cool when kaine killed octopus you can't not have octo as a spidey villian but of course he came back

Jurel
What happened with the batman death? - Did it turn out he'd merely broken his back and then somehow recovered?

Joker1237
Me it has to be Mayor Krol, I like the guy, He may not have been like that much but I like him and thats all that matters.

Wynndar
why did they have to kill Maggot...i didnt even see the issue it happened in....does anyone know the exact issue?

Joker1237
Or the 2nd Flash, Other dead hero That I wish they bring back.

Kontraz
Optimus Prime... he's died so many times, and for so many pointless things... yet he ALWAYS comes back. DIE HEROICLY AND STAY DEAD!!!!!!!!

who?-kid
"The Death of Captain Marvel" by Jim Starlin.

So beautiful, moving, poetic, dark, sad and triumphant... Simply The Best.

JuggernautFan
what issue did colossus die in?? i know it happened, but i dont know what issue.

§nakehead
If punisher had to die he should kill himself because nobody is worthy to kill him.

wolverine should die saving the x-men or something heroic

Kontraz
well.... they do have "x-men: the end" and "wolverine: the end" which both are to show the deaths of all the characters. In wolverine, though, it takes place 200 years in the future...

§nakehead
So wolvi is gonna live a lot longer

Kontraz
yes... obviously.

and what do you mean "nobody is worthy of killing the punisher"??? Spdiey has kicked his arse many a time!

Nataku8188
I'd like to watch Carnage SHRED Punisher.

I was deeply moved when Carnage mutilated Doppleganger. I almost peed myself I was laughing so hard. God that was sweet. Talk about keepin' your woman in line!

Darth Jello
psylock is prolly gonna be involved soon, didn't her spirit get sucked in by some demon before she dissapeared? sounds like the shadow king

Ironman
when wonderman died cause of vision absorb his soul what the **** is that shit but he came back I dont know why oh and eddie brock died WHAT THE **** THA?T SHIT IS ****EN GAY damn that shit i am soo pissed

Mane
calm down dude! my gosh...

jayson
going back away's. i think rorshach death in the watchmen was a shame. such a great character. good way to check out though

Alpha Centauri
People really need to chill out with the typing in caps words of fury. Damn.

-AC

Captain America
what happend to the sybiyote after eddie died? Wouldnt it die without a host? or did it take on a new one.

Kontraz
eddie didnt really die. He was basically dead, his mind was already gone, his body was just in the last seconds of dying when the symbiote got on him again. BY doing that , the symbiote now has the host and venom is back, but there is no more eddie brock, as that side of him is "dead" more or less.

Captain America
ahh... I see, thanks I was confused.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.