Can Superman break adamantium?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

David Duchovony
Well can he? And I mean any incarnation of him pre-crisis, post, Kingdom Come, Prime, 1 million etc. In the Heroes of the Holocaust crossover special in 1981 Doctor Doom created a robot out an alloy almost as powerful as adamantium but he quickly tears it apart.

Paola
moving to Superman forum...

TheFilmProphet
I don't know wink

Supra
Adamentium is the stringest thing on earth, supe is not from earth, he could break it with ease.

Goldeneye
Supra you spelled strongest wrong...but eveyone makes mistakes--it's alright. But I must disagree. Superman can do it in the presence of a white star. It's said that these stars give him the most energy.

Supra
He could still do it with the yellow star.

supessucks
Superman can't break adamantium. The periodic table is constant throughout the universe. It's just as strong on earth as it is anywhere else. If he can't break it here he can't do it anywhere.

Darth Subjekt
as much as i love Wolverine, i think Supes could...they said adamantium is VIRTUALLY unbreakable.

pr1983
pre crisis supes' piss could melt adamantium...

post crisis i'm sure he could at least bend it...

Draco69
Thor couldn't break Adamantium. The Hulk couldn't break Adamantium. They are both relatively stronger than Superman. Superman can't break Adamantium. Simple applied reasoning.

pr1983
post crisis?

Draco69
Yep

Darth Subjekt
i think he means whats the crisis....

Draco69
That's why I said "Yep" when he said Post-crisis. He actually meant whether Superman is either Pre-Crisis or Post-Crisis. Don't ask if you don't know what it means.

David Duchovony
The Hulk and Thor are nowhere near as strong as POST crisis Supes.

Cosmic Cube
The Hulk and Thor are both way stronger than Post-Crisis Superman. Lobo kicked Post-Crisis Superman's ass.

Darth Subjekt
First off, i know the difference beween pre and post crisis, but i was saying what he meant. And what the hell kind of logic is "dont ask if you dont know."? Isnt that the way it works? If you dont know the answer to something, you ask......so wtf are you talking about?

eleveninches
In wolverine:the end, one of logans claws was broke, so somebody is able to do it.
Adamantium is virtually indestructable, not totally indestructable (magneto is able to break in through magnetism), so superman precrisis would be able to do it, and post crisis might be able to do it as well.

radioboy121
Adamantium is very expensive and this could possibly be second grade adamantium (i.e. Red Skull has to resort to this grade because regular adamantium in his requested quantity would be too expensive).

I never saw the end, so I cannot classify how it was broken. It could be possible that they were anticipating another adamantium feed back into his body, which preceeded an incident where his bone claws weren't in full length.

Magneto extracted the adamantium by making it malleable, but he didn't destroy it. Pre-crisis Superman have a huge variety of powers, some useful and others ridiculous (i.e. super ventriloquism). He was basically a god that could probably destroy most characters now if he wanted to. He should therefore be strong enough to destroy adamantium.

Post-crisis Superman is extremely depowered and at the very most, could only bend the adamantium, not destroy it. The only character that was shown to destroy an equivalent of adamantium itself was Thanos, but he had the Infinity Gauntlet (shattered Captain America's vibranium shield).

dami wilson
thats why they killed him off! He was getting too unbelievable in human terms and that was crap logic! No dissing the fact that cos he was the first commercial superhero in the twentieth century they made him larger than life and thats why they killed him off. No Pre or Post, somebody knew he couldn't be that strong cos if he was, his people would never have died! YELLOW SUN OR BLUE SUN! So I guess if humans were to be able to fly to his galaxy, they'd become super strong and he'd become virtually human! Right?

I do believe they's shown hulk breaking wolverine's claws in some comics. Being indestructable isn't being unbreakable.or unmeltable.

DarkCrawler
Well...I think it actually is that...being indestructable is that you cant be uh...destroyed by any means...

pr1983
i'd say post crisis can bend it, which is still enough to put wolvie out of commission...

Alpha Centauri
"Well...I think it actually is that...being indestructable is that you cant be uh...destroyed by any means..."

Well Hulk sure showed us what he thinks of that notion, didn't he?

-AC

Draco69
Actually the Hulk destroyed secondary adamantium, a much weaker version of the original adamantium.

DarkCrawler
Yeah.

DarkCrawler
But Post-Crisis Supes could bend anything from adamantium to the one year old pizza found under my bed.

dami wilson
HAHAHA, mend it blend it or melt it! I wish they'd do a cross over and we can see what happens. In the last cross over, supes knocked out Thor! I threw the mag away, didn't buy it duh! But I was pissed! Then supes picked up Thors hammer like it was chicken sh.t! Darn that sulked, only to be told it was Thors dad that allowed it and I thought 'what a bunch of crap!' Where do they come up with these ideas? Gosh, so much favoritism for one character! Man, I'd like to see SUpes against Wolverine just to see how they make Spes kill wolverine. Cos if he can knock the sh.t out of Thor , I'd love to see what he does to Wolverine! Healing power or not! Cos the the more severe the injury, I do believe the longer time it takes to heal! Or can he heal it in an instant? Or what if he gets multiple injuries? Supes burning his ass with those laser eyes and moving faster than lighting? Gosh I'd buy a million copies. But we'll have to wait.

Jason8200
Ok first of all superman would kick the shit out of Wolverine... and whoever said the Hulk could beat Superman... did noone read the DC vs Marvel... right before Amalgam? When Superman beat the shit out of the Hulk with one punch? Well if you didnt read that... it is what happened. Like Thor could do anything to superman... he cant even fly without throwing his hammer and holding on to it.

Napalm
No he cant

Napalm
and no kids sups cant beat the crap out of thor

dami wilson
jason8200, if that's retarded what are you? my daqddy? Get real dog, its only a comic , if not we'd be paying Sky sports to watch the darn thing. Dont wet your pants over it I read one of the first battles a long time ago where Clark Kent changes into Supes to go and rescue Dr Banner from being hit by a truck. The truck hits the Dr and he changes into Hulk who thinks Supes hurt him and there starts the fight! It was evern till near the end, superman said something that was so illoggical, I burnt the comic! He said since he was super anything on earth by coming into contact with it , he'd become super Hulk and from that time on, hulk had no effect on him no matter what he threw! I was flabagasted and thought where the heck did they get that quack from? DC bribed them or drugged them at Marvel? Gosh that was crap as supes punched the Hulk and HULK flew out into space , turned into the Dr and fell down to earth to be saved by the flash or so. I puked over the comic after that! So go take a joint and relax your retarded brain cells, theoritically, Hulk should be able to reach supes powers cus he gets stronger as he gets madder and supes can only carry so much in his mass density whatever the case! If not he'd explode or implode! Yet he's killed of by Thanos or whoever! Yet, others are saying he cant beat wolverine? What a load of bull!

Hegemon875
Suoerman prime would break adamantium like a dry twig. And I'm pretty sure Napalm has not read crisis on infinite earths or any superman comics regulalry.

Stealth Agent
whats the difference between superman post and pre crisis?

Hegemon875
Superman pre crisis is many times more powerful than post crisis supes. Superman prime spent a couple thousand years inside a yellow sun becoming stronger.

Jason8200
Precrisis Superman is pretty much super everything... even superventriloquist, superguitar player... a bunch of pointless stuff. The writers at DC condensed down his powers so he is the Superman we know of today. Superman Prime supposedly went into the sun for like 150 centuries and came out gold... he is considered a god-like being in the future.

Napalm
Adamatium is INDUSTRUCTABLE NOTHING can hurt it

eleveninches
Nothing is truely indestructable. Adamantium cant be broken using conventional means, but prime is way beyond those limitations.

Hegemon875
I noticed you didnt respond to that part of my quote

Draco69
Thanos shattered Adamantium. Hank Pym with vibranium shattered adamantium.

Superman is WAY above any conceivable level. He would shatter adamantium with ease. Thor with the OdinForce managed to dent adamantium. Imagine what Superman Prime can do.

Post Superman could possible dent adamantium but certainly not break it.

Stealth Agent
only wolverine himself can truly hurt adamantium for he is the owner

Hegemon875
Wow really? So if I broke my leg and got a titanium rod put in to replace the bone I would be able to break titanium? Someone hand me a hammer!

Red Superfly
laughing

Superman can do anything. Post crisis, he would find a way.

I don't think Adamantium should ever be broken, nor do I think Superman should be the one to do the breaking, but I'd say, given the chance, Superman would most definitely find a way to not only break adamantium, but also eat it, chew it and spit it back in Wolverines face.

Doesn't mean I like it, I'm just being realistic.

ZephroCarnelian
Pre-Crisis.... easily.
Prime? He'd break it like a breadstick.
Post? No... he could probably dent a sheet of it, with punches, but he couldn't snap it or tear it....

joesha28
Originally posted by Jason8200
Ok first of all superman would kick the shit out of Wolverine... and whoever said the Hulk could beat Superman... did noone read the DC vs Marvel... right before Amalgam? When Superman beat the shit out of the Hulk with one punch? Well if you didnt read that... it is what happened. Like Thor could do anything to superman... he cant even fly without throwing his hammer and holding on to it.

Oh goodness, like Thor's gonna sit around and let Supes fly around! It's not abt flyin, dude...it's abt fightin. And DC vs Marvel.... Supes puttin Hulk out in a punch, that over the moon. After that Superman goes "he took everything i threw at him". Then in Avenger vs JLA again Supes put out Thor in a punch and said " He's the single toughest opponent he ever faced". Both mags were crap. Looks like Supes (the writers i mean) can't make up his mind, huh?
i think he forgot the whips he got from Captain marvel, batman and some DC's characters. Fanboy...sigh...

Hegemon875
How is he a fanboy what he stated were facts were they not. Besides his opinion supes would beat wolverine.

Jamaican
"Ok first of all superman would kick the shit out of Wolverine... and whoever said the Hulk could beat Superman... did noone read the DC vs Marvel... right before Amalgam? When Superman beat the shit out of the Hulk with one punch? Well if you didnt read that... it is what happened. Like Thor could do anything to superman... he cant even fly without throwing his hammer and holding on to it. "

As much as I think Superman would beat Thor, despite his magic (for diff. reasons, but this is not "Thor vs. Sups" thread), you obviously lack some serious knowledge about him. Do you know what Thor is capable of? (Prior to writing that)

"HAHAHA, mend it blend it or melt it! I wish they'd do a cross over and we can see what happens. In the last cross over, supes knocked out Thor! I threw the mag away, didn't buy it duh! But I was pissed! Then supes picked up Thors hammer like it was chicken sh.t! Darn that sulked, only to be told it was Thors dad that allowed it and I thought 'what a bunch of crap!' Where do they come up with these ideas..."

No living being can lift Mjolnir UNLESS he or she is worthy. Who else, if superman is not, is worthy enough to pick it up? Wonder Woman also was able to pick it up, what makes you think it was BS that Superman was able to?

I think post crisis superman would be able to at least bend it. I highly doubt he would be able to destroy it. But I think that if he had to save someone (lets say, Lois) then he'd be able to do something to it. Pre Crisis and Prime would prob. laugh at it.

joesha28
Originally posted by Hegemon875
How is he a fanboy what he stated were facts were they not. Besides his opinion supes would beat wolverine.

Fact are right? agreed... but DC made those facts. But supes would beat wolvie for sure

eleveninches
Like most other super-materials in comic books, adamantium is unbreakable until somebody manages to break it

King Burger
It depends on the size of the adamantium.

I'm pretty sure Superman (and even an angry Hulk) can
break of, or atleast bend to 180 degress, one of Wolverine's
claws. It's shouldn't be too hard when dealing with a layer of
adamantium no more than 1 cm thick.

Something bigger would be tougher though, atleast for the
Hulk, though maybe not for Superman.

A point aboutthe Dr.Doom adamantium robot that Superman
shattered in that old cross-over. I don't think it was ever
shown that it was secondary adamantium instead of true
adamantium. Let's not forget that Dr.Doom is the leader of
a nation, and is quite wealthy, as well as very smart, so he
probably can afford true adamantium. Thus Superman did
shatter true adamantium.

Oh, and adamantium is not completely unbreakable or
indestructable. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, Wolverine's right
(or left?) hand was severed by a blast from Cyclops during
the Age of Apocalypse series.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by King Burger
It depends on the size of the adamantium.

I'm pretty sure Superman (and even an angry Hulk) can
break of, or atleast bend to 180 degress, one of Wolverine's
claws. It's shouldn't be too hard when dealing with a layer of
adamantium no more than 1 cm thick.

Something bigger would be tougher though, atleast for the
Hulk, though maybe not for Superman.

A point aboutthe Dr.Doom adamantium robot that Superman
shattered in that old cross-over. I don't think it was ever
shown that it was secondary adamantium instead of true
adamantium. Let's not forget that Dr.Doom is the leader of
a nation, and is quite wealthy, as well as very smart, so he
probably can afford true adamantium. Thus Superman did
shatter true adamantium.

Oh, and adamantium is not completely unbreakable or
indestructable. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, Wolverine's right
(or left?) hand was severed by a blast from Cyclops during
the Age of Apocalypse series.

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Calynx
I would say that superman can break adamantium,

first of all adamantium isn't in the periodic table therefore it doesn't consist throughout the universe.

second, superman can easily melt adamantium with his eyes =P Adamantium can be melted, if it can't then how is it possible to make use of it like they do in X-men series?

If magneto can bend wolverine with his mind, i bet superman can do alot more. =P

Hegemon875
well its not on the table of elements because its not an element, its an alloy, a combination of elements.

Calynx
but alloy can still be melted, then how were they able to stick em in wolverine O_O Into Liquid adamantium

superman can always melt it with those lazer eyes or what ever.

King Burger
Originally posted by Calynx
but alloy can still be melted, then how were they able to stick em in wolverine O_O Into Liquid adamantium

Well, part of adamantium's (comic book) properties, is
that once its various constituents are mixed together
(to make the alloy called "adamantium"wink and cool
down, then it becomes set forever, and cannot be
melted again.

In other words, once adamantium is cooled for the very
first time, it cannot be melted again. Its molecules
become immovable I guess.

Wolverine's bones/claws were coated with still-liduid
admantium, so one that adamantium cooled around
his bones, it cannot be melted again.

DrDoom
Post-Crisis Superman could shatter secondary adamantium, much like Thor,Hulk,Beta Ray Bill, Sentry,Gladiator, etc.

A full strength blow from Thor/Bill's hammer could dent a cylander of true adamantium.

Post Crisis Supes is a tad bit stronger than Thor, so he'd be able to dent adamantium, but not break it.

Promethium is DC's adamantium, and Post Crisis Superman can't break that so he couldn't break adamantium.

Pre-Crisis Superman and Superman Prime would break adamantium no problem.

Hegemon875
Just for the recor wovlerines adamntium isnt very thick its just a COATING on his bones.

DrDoom
it's not coated. It's mixed in with his bones (which were already denser than a normal humans).

Hegemon875
could you give me a link to site that says that?

DrDoom
marveldirectory.com & Weapon X

Looking at Weapon X, the Doctor who "made" him says that he has a perfect synthesis of adamantium and bone. He never said it was a mix, but a synthesis.

Some writer's say it's bonded at the molecular level , and others say it's just coated. Guess it depends on the writers. Anyway, those links do talk about his dense bones and whatnot.

dominic/wolf
post ,pre, and prime cou;counldnt break pure adimantium the only thing that can is vibrium anti metal B so unless soupie is mad outta dat i dont think so biatchess

David Duchovony
I really think Prime would shatter adamantium.

Jason8200
Ok so he fights people all the time that are invulnerable and beats them and makes them bleed. But you think he cant break that adamantium? Thor dented it before so apparently its not totally unbreakable. I bet Superman grabs Wolverine and pulls off his arms and legs while he asks himself Lois loves me... Lois loves me not... Lois loves me... Lois loves me not... then pulls Wolverines head off.... LOIS LOVES ME!!! Well too bad Wolverine is dead but maybe he can grow them back until then he makes a great paper weight.
By the way whoever said that P.C. Supes or Prime could not do that to adimantium has no idea what he is talking about. Thats just ignorance.

dominic/wolf
yeah is soupies dreams he couldnt even touch wolvie this is how it would go soupie goes to greet logan with a hand shake snikt there goes soupies hand while soupie is in shock over losing his hand wolvie puts his cigar out in his eye and takes off soupies head logan walkes away " man of steel.... weak." the end BIATCHHHES

Jason8200
I think the reason Wolverine is so pissed off all the time is because one time when he was taking a leak his claw came out and cut off his ****.

pr1983
Originally posted by Jason8200
Ok so he fights people all the time that are invulnerable and beats them and makes them bleed. But you think he cant break that adamantium? Thor dented it before so apparently its not totally unbreakable. I bet Superman grabs Wolverine and pulls off his arms and legs while he asks himself Lois loves me... Lois loves me not... Lois loves me... Lois loves me not... then pulls Wolverines head off.... LOIS LOVES ME!!! Well too bad Wolverine is dead but maybe he can grow them back until then he makes a great paper weight.
By the way whoever said that P.C. Supes or Prime could not do that to adimantium has no idea what he is talking about. Thats just ignorance.

laughing

Originally posted by dominic/wolf
yeah is soupies dreams he couldnt even touch wolvie this is how it would go soupie goes to greet logan with a hand shake snikt there goes soupies hand while soupie is in shock over losing his hand wolvie puts his cigar out in his eye and takes off soupies head logan walkes away " man of steel.... weak." the end BIATCHHHES

are you insane?

Napalm
Originally posted by DrDoom
Post-Crisis Superman could shatter secondary adamantium, much like Thor,Hulk,Beta Ray Bill, Sentry,Gladiator, etc.

A full strength blow from Thor/Bill's hammer could dent a cylander of true adamantium.

Post Crisis Supes is a tad bit stronger than Thor, so he'd be able to dent adamantium, but not break it.

Promethium is DC's adamantium, and Post Crisis Superman can't break that so he couldn't break adamantium.

Pre-Crisis Superman and Superman Prime would break adamantium no problem.

But thats differnt thor is a magical being unlike supes

Cosmic Cube
Post-crisis Superman really isn't all that strong. Hulk was extremely pissed when he bent adamantium, and his strength is limitless. Hulk was a thousand times stronger than Superman when he bent adamantium. Superman simply couldn't match that level of strength.

X-43D
This will depend on the absolute hardness of adamantium (diamond is 1500), its thoughness and thermodynamic stability.

In one X-Men chapter all the team tried to break the adamantium door and just couldn't do it.

MayhemSymbiote
ok, a tinfoil thick piece of true adamantium can survive a 100 m-ton nuke without deforming.

seconary adamantium is much weaker. much weaker and can survive an A-bomb no problem.

I wont go into an supermans of the Past. The Current Superman is all that matters here.

Could the Current Superman break/bend/melt True Adamantium ??
No.

Heat is useless against adamantium also. No Lasers would hurt it, no heat vision.
Adamantium requires Magnetic forces to keep it in liquid state. Once it hardens its unbreakable. With a powerful enough manetic force you can make adamantium mallible again.

Can Hulk Break/bend Adamantium ??
Marvels has said YES, he could if he got angry enough destroy adamantium.

Can Thor break/bend Adamantium ??
No. Only through the Odin-force could Thor manipluate it.
Btw, Thors hammer is made of Uru Metal/stone, which is 3 times stronger than True Adamantium. But Magic can easily alter/break Uru ore/objects.

Now as for how Strong Superman/Thor/Hulk are :
Thor can Lift(press) 100 tons. Double with is belt of might on. I dont know how much stronger he got since the odin-force thing happened.
Hulk in a Calm stat can Lift 90 tons. When he gets angrier he gets stronger. Hulk has been shown to be strong enough to lift a mountain (millions of tons), broke Onslaughts' indestructible armor, which at the time had the Juggernaut stone making it as strong as True Admantium.
Superman can Lift(press) around 100 tons occording to DC comics. His strength levels shifts alittle due to solar flair activity.

Hope this helps out you guys.
Just the facts maim, just the facts.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by dominic/wolf

You must be dumbass, sir!

The Last Son
Superman could definately break adamantium. They said no one could break Wonder Woman's magic lasso but Superman did it. And like they said, adamantium is nearly indestructable not totally indestructable. I like wolverine, but Superman would break him in half.

LastSonKrypton
Of course he can break adamantium. If Thor trys his hardest With a blow of his hammer he can dent adamantium, Superman, Being many times stronger then Thor, could easily Shatter Adamantium.

X-43D
Superman's skin is also nearly indestructable and not 100% indestructable. Is adamantium harder than Superman's skin and muscle tissues? If so, he can't break it.

Cyclop's beam, one of the most powerful weapon i'd say, hardly left a strain on adamantium. The only one who might be able to turn adamantium into it's liquid phase is magneto.

DrDoom
I still say since adamantium = promethium , PoC Superman can't break it.

Zod4Life
Of course he can break adamantium.He's the Man Of Steel and his strength is unlimited.Of course he can.He'd just break Wolverine in two if those two were to fight.

sapphiremouse
The Hulk in a WHAT IF??? Hulk killed wolverine during there first meeting. In a crazy, savage, bloodlust fury..hulk pupled wolverine and broke a single adamantium vertebrae in his neck. And also only thing that cut or so to speak melt down adamantium is a certain particle beam.

So, if you all can determine that Superman is Strong than the Hulk or can produce the same kind of particle beam...(which is unlikely) he may bend a piece of adamantium but not break it.

Im out of touch with all the diferrent types of upgrades that characters have gone through....ive seen like King Thor..i think..and Ultimate Colossus, so i dont know what superman has gone through. But if he can match The Hulks complete crazy fury.....the blue and red boyscout might have a chance of breaking adamantium.

SupezM'
Not sure if he could break Adamentium unless it comes down to a life or death situation. Superman always seems to pull off any feat no matter how great when it comes down to the wire.

Did post or pre Superman beat Doomsday? Cause I dont think Thor or Wolverine could take Doomsday. Doomsday would thrash Thor to a pulp and throw him back to Odin. :P

In a fight anyways Superman has so many abilities that writers have given him that when they script his fights he dosnt take advantage of cause it would just be overpowered.

He rarely fights in superspeed, he can pretty much ambush whoever he wants because lets face it he can see through everything save lead.

Who needs "Spidey Sense" with superhearing and smell? Devestating heat vision and many other tricks and abilities that are rarely scripted into his fights.

Where as most superheros are strong in a specific superpower such as strength, speed, laser vision, flight etc. Superman has all of these powers at his disposal and his abilities are equal if not better then the hero's whose abilities are limited to a specific power.

Lets face it if the gloves were off and morals went out the window Superman would wipe up pretty much anyone thrown at him.

Swanky-Tuna
A ONE YEAR BUMP!!!!

I don't know, maybe he could if he was really amped up. I'm sure Hulk could do the same if also really amped up.

MattDay
didnt superman with stand a laser type beam that could cut adamantium? if any evidence could be shown that would help. and if im correct then i guess he would be able to do so.

sapphiremouse
not sure about that laser that your talking about.....ive not heard any DC book having show casing anyone or any item that is Adamantium. There supposed to be only 1 type of laser that cuts Adamantium and it works on a sub-atomic level. Its not based on pure power. The What If? The Hulk killed Wolverine..He didnt break the adamantium he just dislodges a single vertabrae, snapin his neck.

ZephroCarnelian
Current Superman could bend adamantium, but not tear it.

If he was sundipped, he could tear it with effort.

And to Pre-Crisis Superman, it'd be tinfoil.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by LastSonKrypton
Of course he can break adamantium. If Thor trys his hardest With a blow of his hammer he can dent adamantium, Superman, Being many times stronger then Thor, could easily Shatter Adamantium.

confused

A. It was King THOR.

B. Superman is 0x stronger than THOR.

C. THOR uses HIGH CL100 POWER+MAGIC

D. THOR>Supes ( Don't care what the B.S crossover said... It didn't make sense per how the charaters are set up)

Answer to the question... No Superman can't neither dent nor tear or damage pure Adamantium.

WrathfulDwarf
The original question and the "would a lightsaber cut adamentium?" are basically the same....here is something that would the b-boys happy....

'WOLVERINES CLAWS PWNED SUPERMAN LOLOLOLOL!!!!!"

there...happy now?

Sir Whirlysplat
Wonderman has dented Adamantium also smile Supes would smash it.

Bazrox
My souce said that it would depend on how thick the adamantium is.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Bazrox
My souce said that it would depend on how thick the adamantium is.

actually....... A fair point, well done Baz

MattDay
thor isnt as strong as superman, glad to clear that up, now could he dent adamantium... sure why not? pros and cons being looked at why not?

Now breaking it... who has broken adamantium to start with? then i will complete my question when peeps tell me who has broken adamantium.

redcaped
I bought a figure, the X-Ray...it's a broken save (made of the alloy you mention) with a bomb attached to krytonite.

capt it up
Originally posted by MattDay
thor isnt as strong as superman, glad to clear that up, now could he dent adamantium... sure why not? pros and cons being looked at why not?

Now breaking it... who has broken adamantium to start with? then i will complete my question when peeps tell me who has broken adamantium.
actauly thor and hulk have never dented primary adamtium only secondary.

Bazrox
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
actually....... A fair point, well done Baz

Gracias. To be give an idea of what Superman can do, my friendly informant said that Adamantium as thick as Logan's claws would be something that Clark can effectively break, going up to Adamantium several inches thick. Anything past it becomes questionable.

MattDay
the name adamantium still sounds when i read it... so whats your point, i dont care about the insignificant details.

Avalonofthewind
Supes can break it. In this pic he even says there's nothing he can't do in the realm of the natural. With enough concentration, he can do it.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/action832supes1.jpg

sapphiremouse
Originally posted by Calynx
I would say that superman can break adamantium,

first of all adamantium isn't in the periodic table therefore it doesn't consist throughout the universe.

second, superman can easily melt adamantium with his eyes =P Adamantium can be melted, if it can't then how is it possible to make use of it like they do in X-men series?

If magneto can bend wolverine with his mind, i bet superman can do alot more. =P melting adamantium cant be done with supermans heat vision. ( they onlything that can cut apart adamantium is a certain type of particle beam. given the hardness of adamantium, it is conceivable that it would retain stability and cohesion even when shaved to a molecular thickness. were one to make steel claws this sharp they wouldnt remain so for long: the edges would abrade and become dull. This is obviously not the case for wolverines claws. they might be thin enough to slice grooves of molecular thinness. if you can start with a little molecule-thin cut on a hunk of rock or metal then you should be able to quickly saw right through it, for at the molecular level, even the toughest substances are susceptible to gettin trimmed.)

all that is straight out of a book called The Science of the X-men. big grin

Doctor SKank
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Post-crisis Superman really isn't all that strong. Hulk was extremely pissed when he bent adamantium, and his strength is limitless. Hulk was a thousand times stronger than Superman when he bent adamantium. Superman simply couldn't match that level of strength.

Lots of oppions very few facts. smile

Doctor SKank
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

A. It was King THOR.

B. Superman is 0x stronger than THOR.

C. THOR uses HIGH CL100 POWER+MAGIC

D. THOR>Supes ( Don't care what the B.S crossover said... It didn't make sense per how the charaters are set up)

Answer to the question... No Superman can't neither dent nor tear or damage pure Adamantium.

What the hell does that pic show, that has any relative context ? smile

MattDay
yea from the facts i'd say superman is stronger purely than thor, and matches hulk as they both have undetermined points at where they struggled to lift something, both at which have struggled and failed to lift thors hammer but everything else was a doddle.

White Reeper
Hey did you guys know that GL was the person who was closest to killing the hulk?

MattDay
no i didnt no that, elaborate...

White Reeper
What?Well that's what I heard.

xkalybr
Originally posted by pr1983
pre crisis supes' piss could melt adamantium...

post crisis i'm sure he could at least bend it...

LOL!!!

The Savage Hulk destroyed adamantum with one punch. We all remember the Onslaught series of comics, right?

Superman could break it as well.

MattDay
lol u HEARD, my god man going by what you hurd can get you killed!

Fanboy
I think he can break Adamantium from the Ultimate Marvel Hulk sure as hell did. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Wolverine_Vs._Hulk

White Reeper
He did when?I dont think he can!blowup

kenobi
superman can not break adamantium. Period!! Thor could only shatter "secondary" adamantium, but not pure adamantium.

MattDay
shut up loser, that dont carry any weight around here

White Reeper
hey dude chill out! and super dose not suck but he cant break it.

kenobi
Originally posted by MattDay
shut up loser, that dont carry any weight around here
It is still the truth. Superman can not break adamantium. Talk about losers, you do know that the U.K will not have a team that will take the world cup. Ha!

MattDay
well rooney fit and well now, so bite me, usa shore come up a little short in the world cup now dont they... i guess if usa were better than england i'd take that insult but it aint gona happen bub

MattDay
i must digress and say that I'm not saying USA have a bad team, by far are they a competitor i can think of many other teams that have got a lesser chance in the world cup, but statistically england have the highest chances in the betting office... then Brazil, but thats the big ? isn't it.

White Reeper
ya um i don't think we care UK sucks lol jpjpjpjpjp.i don't like soccer that much

MattDay
im a rugby fan at heart myself... u know that sport? I play a lot during season.

A.J
Originally posted by White Reeper
ya um i don't think we care UK sucks lol jpjpjpjpjp.i don't like soccer that much uk sucks usa sucks mad

White Reeper
where do u live and it sucks to

Superman_045
Don't worry about where he lives. It's none of your business.

P.S, the U.S doesn't suck.

White Reeper
ya freedom man

MattDay
U.K. sucks? well whatever floats your boat w@nker

White Reeper
U.S.A sucks? well whatever floats your boat w@nker

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL THATS WHAT U SOUND LIKE

killerbeast911
lol usa!usaflag

bherrle
Superman already did it in this comic:

supermantv.net/wallpaperbattles/spidermanandsuperman.htm

Dr. Doom had a robot made of adamantium and Superman destroyed it in one punch.

White Reeper
raze the flags,load the guns

killerbeast911
gun_bandanasnipertantomcatk

GODOFALL1
Im sure Superman could DO ANYTHING! That's how his character is written and it is abused in everyway espeically with PIS's(Plot Induced Stupidity). This is also why he is sooooooo overrated, but he's still really cool.

Darth Putte

cheap cabbage
Originally posted by bherrle
Superman already did it in this comic:

supermantv.net/wallpaperbattles/spidermanandsuperman.htm

Dr. Doom had a robot made of adamantium and Superman destroyed it in one punch.

That was Pre-crisis superman. PC superman can break anything.

MattDay
oh well still got the name superman slapped on him doesnt he

A.J
USA SUCKS

little late i know wink

botcherby
Originally posted by Draco69
Thor couldn't break Adamantium. The Hulk couldn't break Adamantium. They are both relatively stronger than Superman. Superman can't break Adamantium. Simple applied reasoning.

Superman has defeated Thor and Hulk (he beat Hulk without even getting cut) (thor only managed to give him a nose bleed before supes layed the smack down)

Superman can break adamantium... simple applied reasoning

ankur29
i agree if hulk can break adamantium neddles and some forms of adamnatium supes should be able to do this hands down

silvajster
If Supes wills it...it shall be done.

MattDay
indupolably he can break that metal fluff known as adamantium, i say! Rather old chap! lol

zeel
thor is not physically stronger the superman LOL not even close.

zeel
when comic books sales drop he will not only bend a adamantium bar but he will break it too!

DestinyGuy678
....or superman could simply heat it to the precise temperature at which it liquifies

Dark-Jaxx
Superman would tap into the infinate power of fandom and break it with a passing thought.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Superman can't break adamantium. The periodic table is constant throughout the universe. It's just as strong on earth as it is anywhere else. If he can't break it here he can't do it anywhere.

That makes no sense what so ever. By your logic, Steel is just as strong here as it is anywhere else, but we KNOW Superman can break Steel. We have seen him do it.

CaptainStoic
No

steverules
Can superman actually heat adamntium to the tempeture at which it turns to liquid?

joesha28
Originally posted by zeel
thor is not physically stronger the superman LOL not even close.

U dont hav proof of that

joesha28
Originally posted by botcherby
Superman has defeated Thor and Hulk (he beat Hulk without even getting cut) (thor only managed to give him a nose bleed before supes layed the smack down)

And Supes lost to Venom...Orion was crushed by Surfer.... And Orion stalemated Supes....will Supes be crush by SS?

llagrok
Superman would be capable of breaking Adamantium.

Originally posted by botcherby

Pretty horrible logic.

Yowsa
See if King Thor or whatever can only dent it I don't know how Supes can break it without it taking a while.

ragesRemorse
I really dont see why, Superman wouldnt be able to break adamantium. It is a mineral native to Earth.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I really dont see why, Superman wouldnt be able to break adamantium. It is a mineral native to Earth.
No it's not.

Gecko4lif
he can bend the hell out of it
he can freeze it
he can melt it

im not sure about breaking thou

zeel
i find it retarded that supes, captian marvel,hulk or thor being semi god like characters cant bend a earthly metal from our planet.

its all in how they write the characters=)

one week supes pushes a planet, the next he's holding a mini black hole in his hand the next week he cant break adamantium doh.

adamantium comes from fictional earth. I think any of the above characters should have no problem breaking it.

Combat_Guru
Yes, Superman could easily crush, crumble, bend, break Adamantium.

He has limitless strength.

Doctor-Alvis
It's not like adamantium is pulled up out of the ground. It has to be carefully created to get the finest grade of stupidly durable metal or you end up with crappy results that get dented and bent by angry gods and monsters with infinite strength.

I think the greatest defeat of adamantium was to Magneto, who didn't actually bend it or break it, but destabilized it molecularly.

ragesRemorse
yeah, he destabilized the shiit out of it laughing out loud

Unless the adamantium is outfitted with super, self-restoring nanobites, there is not a chance that adamantium can endure Supermans strength.

The Steel is from Earth, Earth Physics have little to no bearing on Superman. If they did, he would not be able to fly or shoot lasers from his eyes. 100,000 tons to us, is 100 pounds to superman.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
yeah, he destabilized the shiit out of it laughing out loud

Unless the adamantium is outfitted with super, self-restoring nanobites, there is not a chance that adamantium can endure Supermans strength.

The Steel is from Earth, Earth Physics have little to no bearing on Superman. If they did, he would not be able to fly or shoot lasers from his eyes. 100,000 tons to us, is 100 pounds to superman.
Are you for real? Planets don't have their own physics. Superman doesn't have powers because he has "Kryptonian physics."

Tpma4life
To bring this back up, sorry, as someone who reads both DC AND Marvel extensively, I'll give my two cents.

Pre-crisis Superman could do anything, therefore, he probably had a super-admantium breaking power somewhere.

Post-Crisis? He could dent it, DEFINATELY not tear it if it was an adequate amount.

For those of you that say Superman is stronger then Thor, that's not true. Like someone else stated, they both have the same base strength. Thor has the ability of his power belt, as well as drawing from the odin force.

Also, recently in the comics, it was shown that Thor has NEVER used his full strength in fear of killing someone that he didn't mean to. He ALWAYS held back, much like Supes. So it's very practical that they have the same strength PHYSICALLY.

However, like I said, he can draw upon the OdinForce. This allows him almost an unlimited strength gain potential, comparable to Super-Man Prime.

So just because Thor can do something, doesn't mean Superman can. Likewise as well. Just because Super-man has been god powered at some points, doesn't mean Thor can perform all his feats.

So to wrap up: Yes, Post-Crisis Superman could DENT probably a thin amount of Admantium, but not break it. However, assuming he had access to unlimited tech, he could essentially just get Vibranium, and Vibranium is the strongest metal, and it disrupts other metal.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>