The Aeon Flux Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Curl_Up&Dye
Yes its true...

the one of the last wonderful smoldering remnants from the era of quality television, the one thing you'd never expect to fall victim to the cruel and often times disappointing hands of hollywood has well....fallen victim to the cruel and often times disappointing hands of hollywood.

Aeon Flux, created by Peter Chung and aired on Mtv late nights during the 90s, was one of the few and far between adult-geared, cable television aired anime/sci-fi series. It is currently undergoing the process of being sliced and diced by the Louis Vitton-made knife of director Karyn Kusama, and starring none other than Charlize Theron.

The casting directors really picked a winner this time. C'mon, what's an action movie without one blonde, american, ditzy, non-dubbed actress/actor. Without this one crucial actress (or actor...a-la Owen Wilson) we would live in a world where hilarious kung-fu related injuries, and millions of outtakes wouldn't exist.
With this casting choice, the transparent strategy of the Aeon Flux movie marketing team is revealed.
They're planning to bank more on the blooper reel than on the actual movie itself.

Look out America, the world of funny internet videos is about to be shaken by footage of Charlize Theron finding herself in the ER after injuries sustained by...GOSH... jumping on a trampoline in heels.

I'm sorry... is the stunt coordinator blonde too? Since when has jumping on a trampoline in heels become an acceptable technique when filming a stunt? My money's on that it was really just a dare to see if she would actually do it.

Alright...enough of my ranting...what do you guys think?

ragesRemorse
I truthfully think there is no reason to make this story into a feature leangth live action movie. Aeon flux wasnt even that popular. Yeah it had a nice cult following from some horny teenage boys, but other than it's peek on liquid television it diddnt have that large of a fallowing. There is a reason for this. There really isnt any story, or atleast any original story. there are plenty other anime driven stories out there that have amazing and intriguing stories. I think this movie is just being made to bank on sexuality and a cult following, sex being the big aspect.

SaTsuJiN
Nice.. I really like the art style of Aeon Flux.. along with the very dismal ending that finishes up each episode. big grin

WindDancer
I remenber Aeon Flux! That cartoon started off on MTV Liquid Television. Then it became a spin off. But you know something they really screw it up when the spin-off. It was less bloodier and less gore than when it was in liquid TV. Hope the movie shows some signs of improvement.

movieluver
i love charlize theron, and im lovin the idea of her carrying her own action movie, shell make it awesome, just like jennifer garner is going to make elektra awesome.
they are one of my favorite actresses, so that means they both will do really well, and wont let us down, and will do an awesome job, like they aways have! yes im a big movie person, and im very optimistic about movies and upcoming projects Im looking forwad too smile

Curl_Up&Dye
I'm suprised that Aeon Flux was even picked up on by movie moguls, only because its from such a long time ago

NiceGuynj
well it goes to show with Charlize Theron that once you win an Oscar then you must be in an action movie.

Curl_Up&Dye
i really dont think charlize theron was ever anything special to begin with.....

im suprised angelina jolie wasnt in the running.... her and mila jovovich have a monopoly over ass kicking chick action movies

SaTsuJiN
http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=179178

They posted some more tidbits on msn about Aeon Flux smile

Holcomb
I checked out the official site the other day. Some cool stuff on there.

Filmmaker451
Teaser poster:

http://www.latinoreview.com/films_2005/showest/aeonflux.jpg

I don't like it much but incase you do there you go.

Holcomb
There are some cool new stills that just came out. Has anyone else seen them?

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=7442

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.