Good Charlotte?????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MornGlory
Just wondering if anyone thinks Good Charlotte is a good band or not?

I am sort of liking that Predictable song- should I spend some money on their New CD?

love the twin thing! smokin'

Darth Revan
This is not a matter of anybody thinking Good Charlotte are a good band... This is a matter of fact. And the fact is, Good Charlotte suck ass. How anyone can stand to listen to this so-called music, I will never know.

MornGlory
hmmm... ok ?? Maybe I should stop listening to that "Predictable" song anymore??? thanks for the feedback

Silver Stardust
Good Charlotte...bleh. Complete crap.

Darth Revan
Holy crap somebody took my advice! eek!

Silver Stardust
laughing out loud Go Nivek!

MornGlory
what happens if I click your sig????

will I get a cold ::cough:: cough::

Darth Revan
You'll hear a tight ass sound clip about being Rage-aholic cool

Silver Stardust
Click it, it's great. yes

MornGlory
I can't at the moment - I am at work--- maybe when I get home tomorrow moring

I like Rage Against the Machine - YUM

Tptmanno1
Isn't that kinda counter intuitive, Good Charolette and RATM, their almost completly differnt,
RATM has Talent and skill and a shit-load of intellegence while GC hade....well none of that.

MornGlory
blaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

MornGlory
I still like that twin thing going on- it is kind of hot

FEDFAN316
DOES ANY F***ING PERSON LIKE GC I MEAN GOD (or am i the only person?)ALMOST EVERY PERSON HATES THEM
iiiiiii am a lony person nobody is here 2 talk 2 sad no embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

wicker_man
Their first UK ('Life Styles of the Rich and the Famous') i found to be really infectious, but then the latter songs through overplaying i felt were quite mundane, although i will say 'Hold On' especially hit a chord with me, quite powerful lyrics and video to boot and there latest song 'Predictable' is quite catcy too, especially like the Edward Sissorhands-esque setting. To be perfectly honest i'll listen to anything, i hate being 'elitest'.

Df02
Predictable annoys me....they actually just pretty much stolen a From Autumn to Ashes song and made it pop-punky and crappy

Korri
PoWeR oF pIaSh!!!!!!!!!

Yumcarrots
i like good charlotte, but then again i also like franz ferdinand and keane erm

Alpha Centauri
Good Charlotte in a nutshell:

Trust fund kids who have more than likely never experienced anything close to what they tell you they have or act like they have. It makes me sick that Layne Staley made depressive music coz he was depressed, went home to his house and overdosed on smack. Then you get these punk idiots trying to sell depression as if it were a candy bar. Utter disrespect.

-AC

MornGlory
^^ who is that?

sorry I dont know-- but has captured my attention

wicker_man
The picture, if so its of Matt Bellamy of Muse.

MornGlory
o ha ha -- i just started liking that band smile

Alpha Centauri
You and about a million others......

-AC

AcrypT
I can't stand Good Charlotte but apparently millions of (yes again) 12-16 year old girls (and some boys) do. Sadly many of them think that it's Punk music and that listening to them makes them quallified Punk's.
Well you're not!
Good Charlotte are closer to Pop by far than Punk, just anoth MTV band..

Afro Cheese
It doesn't matter what genre they are. They aren't conventional 'pop' artists because they play instruments, and they aren't conventional 'punk' artists because they write meaningless songs which are about relationships 90% of the time. But they do lead a lot of kids to listen to better punk bands from what I've seen. In my school I know a lot of people who started listening to punk through Good Charlotte and now they listen to Rancid and stuff. Some of them even go back to bands from the 70's and 80's like the Sex Pistols. So while Good Charlotte are overall hurting the punk 'image', they are adding to it's fan base. You have to accept the bad with the good.

BadKitty
I agree with most of the posters on this thread...they are pretty crappy..and i honestly tried to like them but failed too sad

MornGlory
^^"posters"????

Afro Cheese
people who have posted

MornGlory
oops OOOoooohhhh

wicker_man
I hate double posting, but again i bring into my argument the good old elitists who i find as just as annoying as some people find 'teeny boppers' or whatever.

Alpha Centauri
But surely Wicker, from being an elitist I can safely say that not all of us are completely pompous and arrogant.

Surely elitists are infinitely more tolerable than teenyboppers, right? I mean surely an idiot in terms of attitude who loves awesome bands is much better than an idiot in terms of intelligence who likes complete crap.

-AC

drunk_nazgul
I like Good Charlotte for the lyrics. I don't give a crap if they're pop or punk. I'd say my favorite kind of music is rock, but I can still agree with this band.

Darth Revan
Good Charlotte's lyrics are terrible compared to Bad Religion, or Tool, or RATM, or a lot of other bands...

wicker_man
I dunno with teenyboppers (the ones i know at least) their not arrogant or pompous i find, something elitists (who i know also) in my books are totally guilty off, I've even managed to get some teenyboppers into some underground acts, you try the same with an elitist and their sheer arrogance and egos make it a no,no.

sweetypie951
The band Good Charlotte r the best! what do u think?

Filth
I'll be honest (hey first time for everything) they f**king suck

pylons4braco
yep... they suck. To mainstream overhped sound, where are the good underground bands when Good Charlotte are lypsynching every week on german television?

Jackie Malfoy
THEY ROCK!They are my favorite band of all time.I got all three cds and I listen to them over and over again.I also have a music video of them.They are one cool band.JM

MornGlory
huh

slasherpunk18
One of the worst boy bands of all time.

SlipknoT
Quite possiblly the worst band ever.

MornGlory
^^ you just contridicted yourself... look at your kurt cobain quote-- nevermind you wont get it...

I am not a GC fan but "worse boy bands of all time"??? I mean GC is better than Backstreet Boys and NSYNC, 98 degrees.

SlipknoT
If given the opportunity I would kill them all

moonwalker741
they're horrible

listen to green day, it may save your life, because good charlotte may make you go insane and shoot yourself everytime you here there song on the radio

SlipknoT
GreenDay takes big greasy shits all over Good Charolote

BOPRecruit 16
i like gc's new song "i just want to live". a very new and different sound, compared to all of their previous stuff. kind of sounds somewhat rock and hiphopish. in a way. the video is kind of funny b/c they are dressed up as food.

SlipknoT
yea, another hypocritical song by GC

fuct_up_kid
I like Good Charlotte. I don't care if people chat s**t about them because it's not gonna change my opinion of them.
Also, if you didn't like the earlier stuff, it might be worth buying chronicles anyway because it's a lot more diverse and really different.

Jackie Malfoy
I argee with Fuct here!Go you!What is your favorite song on the newest cd?JM

Sybil
I hate them,I love linkin park though.Try listening to them and you'll feel the same way

SlipknoT
Linkin Park suck as well.

Afro Cheese
Linkin Park did what I thought was impossible - they actually made Jayz's music worse.

MornGlory
I dont like Linkin park for some reason

also dont like Blink 182

Sybil
GET AWAY U DEMON!

sad i like linkin park......doesn't anyone else?

MornGlory
a friend of mine likes Linkin Park- and every time I go over to his apt- I am always asking why he has Linkin Park CDs - I tell him I wont talk to him again until he gets rid of those horrible cds

music

SlipknoT
No

Deathblow
Tons of people here like Linkin Park, it's just most of them were driven away by the angry pitchfork wielding mob that is the KMC music forum regulars.

MornGlory

MornGlory

charmedFairy

MornGlory
i cant get into linkin park - they cant even grow on me..

Ronny
always up to the big sister to take care of things for me happy

Deathblow
I have a question for GC fans. It's kinda long, so bear with.

This has been really bugging me lately: ever since they came on the scene, GC have been completely convinced that they're were a punk band. According to one of the band members, they would start fights with people who said they weren't punk.

They sounded like any other wannabe punk band for awhile, then all of a sudden, they release their new single and album and BOOM, that all flies out of the window and now they're a wannabe screamo band. That 'Predictable' song is watered down Finch or FATA or something, except the singer's voice is completely flat and he clearly can't scream so he shouts instead. I don't get it. Has the whole band suffered from group amnesia and forgotten the last 5 years, or have they just decided to jump the bandwagon to emo because punk isn't trendy any more?

Df02
good point, soon as i heard it i knew it was a ****ed up remake of a FATA song... and ive said it a few times on here.

tabby999
cant answer your question, sorry.

i dont mind GC. as for their music in their particuar area, they are the best at it. sure some of their older stuff was more than a little weak, but i quite like some of their new stuff, at least with some of it they're trying something new....

mmmmoley
I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one Darth Revan! I've just never really been interested in their music... it doesn't interest me!

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
Their new song 'I Just Wanna Live' sorta pisses me off a little bit. It's really annoying, but after you hear it it sticks in your brain forever and it won't go away! Some of their previous songs were pretty cool and the music video for 'Boys and Girls' was so ****ing hilarious! I loved the whole old people thing they had going on, totally different from the whorey girls most people use! They aren't that bad of a band and I like them. Then again I love Simple Plan and most of you don't. So I'm guessing I'm against the majority here...but what can I say; I'm a freaky weird freak...lol. Sorry...I really need some sleep!!!

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
I'm gonna get totally slaughtered for saying Good Charlotte were good, aren't I? Oh well! Won't be nothing new, it happened in the Simple Plan thread...ha ha ha

MornGlory
i hated the song Boys and Girls but I like the song Wandering - from their old album

and The Anthem - that song just grows on you like a tumor in the brain

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
What? It's true isn't it? I mean all girls want are expensive things and they use guys to get it. They aren't the best lyrics, but it's an ok song and it has a pretty cool beat.

...and the slaughtering begins...

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
In case you were wondering...in the beginning of my last comment thingy, I was talking about the song 'Girls and Boys'. In case anyone out there is as stupid as me and gets confused really easily!

MornGlory
speak for yourself! not "ALL" girls are like that.. you have to be evil to use someone!!!!!!!!!!!!

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
Sorry, I'll replace the word 'all' with 'most'. Because, yes not ALL girls are like that. I don't think I'm like that...I hope I'm not like that!

Reckoning
You don't sound like you think at all.

MornGlory
i knew a girl a few years ago that was like that - she just dated guys to see what she could get out of them... but she wouldnt give them anything in return (no sex or anything) and they would quickly leave her and she would be on to a new guy

she had a great wardrobe

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
I do think actually...how else would I be typing and seeming as if I didn't think. I'm actually a very intellectual person when it comes to more complicated things. But you give me the small task of typing something on a message board and things get messy. I don't know if that made sense, but it sounded alright when I was typing it!

MornGlory
huh

Reckoning
How poignant.

MornGlory
reck you are horrible!

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
Um...that was anything but poignant. I really hope you were being sarcastic. If not, I'm not the only one in this forum that appears to not be thinking!

MornGlory
no reck is a jerk

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
Brutal honesty...I love it!

Reckoning
Of course it was sarcasm, you twit.

MornGlory
i think she was talking to me about being saracstic.. o well

Reckoning
No. She referenced me in particular.

MornGlory
o well...

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
how the hell would you know who I was talking about? That's right...you don't. So stop assuming shit

MornGlory
who are you talking to now?

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
The Reckoning person. MornGlory, you're pretty cool, so I probably won't ever insult you or anything. I jst hate it when people assume things about me, when they don't know crack all about me.

MornGlory
i hope I didnt say anything to offend you- i think you are a pretty cool person on this forum .. so i dont mind you at all smile

Alpha Centauri
Since when did we, as a collective, start listening to trust fund kids in eyeliner with zero talent?

-AC

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
Nah, you didn't say anything to offend me at all. So don't even sweat it!!!

MornGlory
since when is good charlotte trust fund kids

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
GC is trust fund kids? confused

MornGlory
Exactly...!

lil bitchiness
K, guys, keep the personal insults down.

Alpha Centauri
"since when is good charlotte trust fund kids"

Might not necessarily have a trust fund but I'm getting quite sick of people riding around in luxury cars and having big houses, then coming out with songs like "Predictable", talking about how bad they have it when they have it better than I do and I have a great life.]

All of that aside, they suck.

-AC

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
So, them being trust fund kids was a metaphor or what? I don't know...but from what I have heard, Joel and Benji deserve to have a good life right now. Their childhood sounded really shitty. I think 'Predictable' was meant to be about a certain moment that happened to one of them. They probably aren't saying that they have shitty lives, just that one of them has a shitty choice in girls...ha ha ha.

Afro Cheese
Good Charlotte are a bunch of hypocrites, along with a lot of their fans. They put down Britney Spears and other pop acts while some could say the same thing about them. They almost always sing about relationships, and have simple, corny lyrics. And their instrumentals suck.

MornGlory
what kind of childhood did they have.. i dont know?

Afro Cheese
I have no clue but that doesn't really matter while judging their music does it? It's going to sound the same whether they were raised in a mansion or a dumpster.

MornGlory
I wasnt judging their music

but I just wanted to know what happened to them when they were kids

R0B
Good Charlotte sucks ass

MornGlory
they suck my ass

o yeaaaaa!!! evil face

R0B
No they suck balls

MornGlory
laughing out loud

i would like to see that too evil face

R0B
You would like to see good charlotte suck balls? Thats sick

bIlLy_TaLeNt94
ok what the hell you guys are weird and sick

R0B
No but good charlotte sure are

bIlLy_TaLeNt94
If you knew about Joel and Benji's upbringing you would know why they are writing the songs they are writing. When they were little Joel and Benji's dad left them with no money and they lived on the street.......they had no one.....thats why they write such depressing songs and why they are like they are.

Morning_Glory
o come on - THE STREETS???

Afro Cheese
Really? Because I think they are the way they are because that's the trendy thing to do.

Morning_Glory
its been the trend to be mad your parents (father) for a long time

R0B
If you knew how stupid good charlotte are then you would know why they suck

Morning_Glory
i still dont believe they lived on the street.. i mean .. give me a break..

R0B
They lived in regualar houses and was inspired by Britiney Spears music which is annoying as hell so they made music to be annoying as hell and they succeeded

Ronny
no2 there dad left them when they were in there early teens

theyhad their mother brother and sister, they lived in a small house and went to school yes get your fact strait before you go and look for band pitty

Afro Cheese
I wonder if when they were living on the street fighting to survive they used their terrible music as a defense mechanism.

Ronny
laughing out loud

Ronny
oh ands loosing a parent didn't effect me that way in the slightest stick out tongue after my mom died i was upset but I didn't go full out 'world sucks i want to kill myself' roll eyes (sarcastic) they seriously need a shrink if they think the only way to kill the loss of their father is the ever changing music industry

R0B
This thread is stupid just like good charlotte. Good charlotte sucks

SlipknoT
Yes, they are one of the worst bands I've ever heard.

Morning_Glory
but there is twins in this group !!!

droolio

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
To the person that wrote their mom died...I'm sorry for your loss. But a parent dying isn't the same as a parent just leaving out of his or her own free will. Their dad had a choice to stay or not, and he decided to split and be an arrogant *******. I don't know how they dealt with it or what the **** went on...but I would be major pissed off if my dad just up and left me. There could be other reasons the guys in the band seem so screwed up...but I wouldn't know cause I'm not a super-huge fan!!! This probably has nothing to do with their music, but I just wanted to write that.

R0B
Who cares about good charlottes life? Their music sucks and thats all that matters

Elanor
its amusing how you all hate this band laughing this ardent loathing, wow... okay it was a joke no expression

oh and, Morning_Glory, would you stop listening to a song which you actually LIKE just because somebody said this band sucks? i dunno, it sounds interesting but you know smile

(i meant this:

)

im not a big good charlotte fan its just funny how you all hate them smile

Afro Cheese
Ok their dad left.. that's it? You have any idea how many deadbeat dads there are out there? You know how many people come from a single parent home and don't spend their whole life whining about how life sucks as a result? It seems like the only people who can't cope to coming from broken homes are celebrities. I come from one myself. And having a parent who's close to you die is a hundred times worse than having your prick of a dad walk out. I'm not saying that having your dad walk out isn't a hard thing to go through.. but you can't even compare the two when it comes to emotional difficulty.

Afro Cheese
Well.. I see you live in Hungary, so I don't expect you to know why we hate them because you aren't surrounded by them like we are here in America.

Elanor
it is true! i thought of this too because here everything arrives much later than anywhere stick out tongue i do know it but it is still funny from here smile

so would you please tell me why you hate them? smile because i dont know what can be the reason of it...there must be sth, coz you all seem to hate them so much...so many ppl cannot be wrong...so why? big grin

(buuuut....i still dont understand Morning_Glory wink)

Morning_Glory
never said " I hate Good Charlotte" no expression

Elanor
i didnt say you hate it smile (it was for the others big grin)

weegie
I think they are good! I know quite a lot of people who like them as well!
To those who think they are rubbish - Can you all name me some of these bands that are better, cus I now like different types of music than i did a while ago, so i don't know many bands, or those that are good, or those that are bad, so can you give me some recommendations?!

Afro Cheese
Because they have spawned a new generation of wanna be punks, who are one of the most annoying groups on earth, right after Jehova's Witnesses. Also because they get much more credit than they deserve. They become rich and glorified while better bands remain in the shadows. Look at it this way... everyone who isn't a New York Yankee fan in baseball hates the Yankees because their seen as the best right? Well imagine if they were still seen as the best, but they were a terrible team in reality who couldn't even make the playoffs. People would hate them even more because of all the undeserved credit they'd be getting. It's the same situation with Good Charlotte.

Afro Cheese
Depends on what kind of music you like. If you're into GC than you would probably lean more towards modern punk rock. Stuff like NoFX, Bad Religion, Rancid, Anti Flag, etc. None of it is especially hard. Also if you like GC you most likely also like Green Day.

Angie79
OMG! I love GC! They are, like, the greatest band ever! eek!

That's because celebs are the only people who are allowed to ***** and moan about things they've been through. My life sucked monkey balls, but people like you and me aren't allowed to complain. The only people who will listen to your whining are those who get paid to do so, i.e. shrinks and therapists. The rest of the world will tell you to get over it and stop living in the past. erm

Elanor
tanks for the answer! i see your point but i dont think that they are the worst band ever big grin i mean, okay, they are not punks, but i rather listen to gc than the music that come from hungarian radio stations wacko big grin im not a punk to decide in this kind of questions smile i dont want to label myself, i listen to what i like and it doesnt depend on the style smile

aand btw, what about these bands you mentioned in america or anywhere? coz i like NoFX and Green Day...are they the same? i hope not >.< coz i think they ARE good even if gc is not smile
aaand....hmm...*cant think of a band* hmm eg offspring? big grin
thanks for the answer smile

Afro Cheese
I'm not a punk either.. I only like select punk bands.. punk isn't even close to being my favorite type of music. I was just saying their fans are so obsessed with being punk it gets annoying... and on top of that Good Charlotte aren't even what most people would consider to be real punk rock.

And no.. those bands aren't the same as GC... NoFX and Green Day have good music. They are pop-punk but they are good at it. The offspring? Well I dislike them but a lot of people like them.. but they are better than Good Charlotte.

SlipknoT
my dad left me when I was 11 and you dont see me bitching about it like them

Elanor
hmm thanks again smile i mostly agree with you.. here the whole thing is kinda different but the situation is similar more or less...except hating GC big grin but maybe this thing will arrive here, too wink

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
Right...

bIlLy_TaLeNt94
True dat!

Morning_Glory
did you just say "dat" ??

**sigh**

crazy_c
I dunno, good charlotte are like meh to me, their songs aren't too awful but i dunno, they seem a bit too desperate for fame or something and they just seem like wannabes to me.

Billy is soooo hot tho. stick out tongue

Atomic Rico
Good Charlotte=generation y's Green Day
bad, nauseating music that people listen to becuase it makes them "cool"

Alpha Centauri
Green Day aren't bad music.

-AC

Angie79
Uh-huh. roll eyes (sarcastic) Comparing Green Day to GC that way is just wrong.

Elanor
hmmm maybe they listen to it coz they like it? eek! but who knows? ppl can be weird sometimes smile

i just know that i listen to green day coz i love their music to death...but its just me you know smile

Atomic Rico
I can respect green day, but Billy Joe's vocals are just plain awful

Elanor
maybe our hearing is different... wink or just our taste big grin

Atomic Rico
maybe, to me he just sounds like he has nasal problems....

And no, im not really a punk type of guy, im more of a 60's kind of guy

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>