Worst Book to Movie adaptions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

star22
1. A Little Princess: Now, I do like the movie. However, that is mostly because I am obsessed with the book. The movie is not at all faithful. I hate the end of the movie. They totaly ruined it.

2. Dune:The movie, not the miniseries. Horribly done. Not at all faithful to the books or the feel/them of it.

Will come back with more later.

MornGlory
I hated - Rita Haworth and the Shawshank Redemption - by Stephen King -- hated the book

BUT LOVE THE MOVIE!!!- one of my favs

crazy_c
The Princess Diaries.....

They took away all the funnyness and made Mia's grandmother way too normal! And the second one looks totally unrelated to anything..... miffed

pinsleepe
Bridget Jones's Diary

Jackie Malfoy
I could think of alot of movies that were terrible because they were nothering like the book!Lets see "Girl Interuped"(book is so much better) also Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings and Les Misable(not at all like the book.)
All disapointing.They should not make any movies out these books if they are not going to follow them.It makes me mad seeing these movies.JM

wicker_man
Raise The Titanic, could've been so much better then it was, dare i say it even watchable.

AfricanLion
Man on fire. What a horrible movie. They took everything Quinnell had done to make Creasy believable and screwed it up. Instead of a highly trained, vastly experienced ex-mercenary planning and executing a one-man war, they portrayed him as this vigilante going off half-cocked on a rampage. By the end, he didn't even have a plan anymore.

Plus, they let the glittle girl live in the movie but Creasy died. Booo! mad

urthstripe321
There is one and only one: Battlefield Earth

One of the worst movies ever made.

Lock the thread. I win.

Dreampanther
Can't really argue with that, actually

Mr Zero
Lord of the Rings
- if I could unmake just one bullshit movie that ass****ed a book i loved: - that would be it.

Dreampanther
It wasn't as bad as Battlefield Earth, though, you have to admit. LOTR, the novels were just much better than Batlefield Earth the book was.

Moviewise, Battlefield Earth sucked more, in my opinion

dark1365
Dude.....gee, i Thought that LOTR movies were better than the book. You obviously have a terrible taste in movie-book adaptations.

Mr Zero
God you are right - I must have terrible judgement when it comes to ... wait... it couldnt be that you have the intelligence of a shaved monkey and using your imagination makes your eyes water and your brain bleed... could it..?

Nah. Must be that my taste in adaptations is terrible. thats the more likely answer...

its my opinion, its what the thread is about - feel free to disagree - but keep it to yourself before you bore me into a coma.

pinsleepe

Mr Zero
Hmnnnn - I'm guessing you must mean Andrzej Sapkowski? You are probably polish then and far away so your love does me no good.

I heard about Andrzej Sapkowski when I was looking into why jonathan carrol was so big in Poland (still dont know?) and saw his name - none of his books seem to have been translated tho ... shame because he'd written a book (the name of which escapes me) set in 15th century europe that sounded poop-hot. I hope thats not what they ruined as a movie.

I may go check around and see if anyones bothered to translate him yet...

sim0921
yes

That was harsh.

pinsleepe
I think that his books may be translated soon, they are Polish and Russians bestsellers smile

So you were looking into why Poland loves Carroll? I can't give you reasonalbe answer, but the fact is he's the greatest! Ok, right after a few others.

The book you're talking about is probably 'Narrenturm' wink

Mr Zero
Thats a shame - I was aiming at "deeply offensive"

Mr Zero
Thats the one - thanks lover.

RavenNightstar
"Phantoms" by Dean Koontz!

The Book was amazing, it scared the hell out of me! But the movie...Well, my mother always told me to keep my mouth shut if I didn't have anything good to say!

erm erm erm erm erm erm

Oh, screw it! IT SUCKED! I'm so sorry about the language!

ARC Trooper 117
I've heard worse language than "sucked".....wacko

*Danii*
The Princess Diaries move truly killed the book.

Morridini
War of the Worlds (1950 version) was very different then the book, why couldn't they have set the movie at the same time as the book? And I also wonder how the second one will turn out, from the trailer it looks like Spielberg has ignored the time setting as well.

Anoushka
QUEEN OF THE DAMNED!!!!!
they totally took away the essence of the book and EVEN CHANGED THE ENTIRE PLOT,LEAVING OUT THE MAIN STORY(the story of the twin sisters) ITSELF!!!! i mean,LOOK at the useless piece of trash they gave us in return for that amazing book!!
(the songs were excellent though happy )

BUT IT STILL DOESN'T REDEEM THAT disGUSting movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!

pinsleepe
The book sucks too eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.