The Silmarillion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ceail Linden
Who thinks also that they should make a movie out of The Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales?
I honestly think it would kick ass.

eezy45
No, the Silmarillion isn't the story for a film in my opinion.

Thorondor
I agree it's to in-depth and would need like 6 movies messed

Exabyte
Please
not
cry

Sure, seeing the battles on a screen would be great,
but isn't own imagination a lot better? erm

I think the Silmarillion is absolutely not the right book to make a movie of it, it's completely the wrong style

No movie would be able to catch the atmosphere of the book, no actor could give his face for the glorious Valar, no Howard Shore can make an Ainulindalë
Imo the Silmarillion lives best in letters and free imagination

btw
similar topic >> http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f34/t9936.html

Ceail Linden
Well, the story would make an awesome explaination for those who didn't read any of the books, so I think, nonetheless, it would prove to be an excellent movie. The battles would look awesome on-screen, and the engaging story line is perfect. But so far, I've been disagreed with, but thats ok....
I'LL KILL YOU ALL!!!

eezy45
no expression

Thorondor
x2

Ceail Linden
what does x2 mean?

Thorondor
no expression x2

Agent Elrond
some events in the Sil would be cool to see on film, but there's no way anyone, even PJ can do it. The style, characters, the events are too complicated for a movie.

Lord_Andres
First of all, PJ wont direct it, he said that when he made LOTR that it was the first and last time he was gonna make such a great project, seound of all it's too big and I woulind be satified to see alot of the cool stuff out, they can't make like 10 huge movies too expensive, and they woulint make all the money back, I mean sure they would make the first 2 or 3 movies back, but after that, it wiuld only be us that have read the silma and big fans of LOTR that would show up and thats not enough, sure they could make a cheap series but after seeing LOTR I just woulint be convinsed, it set the new standard so I think it would be best for all that it be left as it is

Ceail Linden
Maybe you're right, but I don't see, still, how they wouldn't make the money back when you consider how many people are obsessed and/or love lotr. There was a cult that believed Tolkien was the gate to Middle Earth. There are enough people that would come to see it; I would almost assure you of that.

Lord_Andres
nope that woulint be enough, considering 10 movies or so

Bar-en-Danwedh
and even then they's have to be done like the prologue (with naration)

Thorondor
laughing out loud good point bar, i don't think people would like it to be honest it would be to complex for a movie and just wouldn't work.

(where've you been anyway bar? not made an appearence in a while)

Bar-en-Danwedh
just been busy... storyboarding and doing conceptual art for a film...

Ceail Linden
Hmph. Anyone that thinks those movies would be too complicated isn't a true fan of LOTR. I mean, come on... it would be awesome to see it all...
But anyway, my original question wasn't: "Would it work?" No. I remember it being: "Wouldn't it be awesome?" And yes... it would be awesome.

Darth Sauron
Right, the film would be too complicated

does that make me 'not a real fan of LotR'?

Shouldnt you have said not a real fan of the silmarillion

i am a fan, well, thats how i describe myself, i wouldnt call myself a true fan, because what is a true fan? sombody who can spout out all the info? sombody who has all the books and films? i dont think that makes a fan.
a fan is sombody who appreciates and enjoys the film/book/game/play in question. Sombody who is willing to share their enjoyment and their knowledge to further other peoples. well, thats what i think anyway.... but why listen to me wink

Ceail Linden
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!
NO, THE FACT THAT YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO SEE IT MAKES YOU AN UNTRUE FAN.

Telperaca
Personally, I don't think they should.
Why?
- I like the way I imagine all the characters in the book, and I don't want them to spoil it by making a film, which would just ruin the way my inage is.
- It's too diffictul, and there is not enough speech that could be used, it's mainly description. They won't be able to get away with it as they did with LotR, which was actually not badly done.

Thorondor
Who are you to call anyone an untrue fan? you refer to the sil as lotr you haven't posted in any other thread's about any other topic except here....says a lot about your fan faith.

Ceail Linden
What the hell? I just signed up for this site a little while ago, and I don't spend hours at a time on it like some people. God, I'm running a damn forum of my own, I don't have time to post in every forum, or reply to what everyone says.

Thorondor
Yet still you return here again and again.

and you'ren not allowed to advertise here.

Darth Sauron
THe fact i dont want to see the film means im not a fan?
Even though i reqad the book, and i dont want to see it ruined?
So wanting to preserve something...makes me anti=whatever it is?

Well you can call me anti lotr then happy

Exabyte

Ruhyd
Yeah.... I'd have to agree with Exabyte there........ with everything He said. So... the Silmarillion should be left as a book and... making it into a movie would just kill the point of it being a book.... I don't think the LOTR movies should have been made either, now that i think about it..... yeah. sleep

Darth Sauron
Yep, Exabyte made some good point, he did well, i think we should congractulate him smile

but that thorondor, she went a lil overboard didnt she!?

Darth Sauron
By the way, welcome to kmc smile

Ruhyd
1.Thanks for the welcome.
2.Probably just as much as Linden.

Exabyte
Welcome, Ruhyd smile

... or also a lot more stick out tongue
Linden has been banned btw

laughing!

But, really... can you imagine any actor playing a character from the silmarillion? messed

Darth Sauron
Linden was banned though wink

Hey, your from the U.S, at the risk of being beheaded by all the members here, Bush Or Kerry? Who did you want?

*scurries away where nobody can find him*

Ruhyd
1. Yeah, Linden was really disappointed by being banned, and we still haven't figured out the reason.
2. I would have voted for Bush if I could have
3. Um... I guess I never thought I'd see charactors from the first three on the big screen either, so I've come to expect the unexpected. It would be possible... but it would be ****ed up too.
4. Why would i be descriminated against, is everyone else here Mid-eastern?

Telperaca
Come to think about it, I've hardly posted in the LotR threads... embarrasment

::tries to do better::

Telperaca
No one is good enough to take on the role of Feanor, only the imaginative fragment character in my mind. stick out tongue

Ruhyd
Well... I don't see how posting more measures fan faith... what if you don't have time, as Linden pointed out? sad

Thorondor
He did though, i seen him in the browsing bit all saturday and only posted in this thread

Exabyte
Could we end that discussion and return to the topic? huh Pwease no expression

Thorondor
This topic has been discussed as much as it can about 5 times over in seperate threads.

Ruhyd
He was probably logged in and working on his forum. Often he'll be on two sites at once. But, I've been to his house, so I know. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Thorondor
His forum sucks =\

Mandos
Yep after what arguments you said, we are better off without a Silmarillon movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.