Multipleman/Rogue Question to ponder...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mightyrain
If Rogue absorbed Mutipleman's powers... and then made a duplicate of herself... then touched the duplicate would her powers negate them selves... Technically it's not her own body she would be touching, but another identical being with it's own personality. Also if the Duplicate also had Rogue's original absorbing ability upon contact with the original Rogue would she also gain the ability to duplicate... as far as I know Jamie's Dupes can not multiply themselves.

MERCILOUS
So like there could be an army of absorbing Rogues?

FeceMan
Here's my answer: no.

I am fairly certain that Rogue's powers wouldn't work on a genetic copy of herself, similarly to the way that some snakes are immune to their own venom. (Actually, this might be ALL, but I'm not 100% certain.)

Or, one could see it like this--Rogue1 and Rogue2 are "magnets" that attract mutant powers ("metal" or another substance that can be magnetized). If they make contact, their equal strength in power would end up canceling their "attraction" out, leaving both with nothing gained nor lost.

crazyspinz
this is a good question, she could like have an army of healing mutiplying teleporting laser shooting weather controling wall crawling skin to steel turning chicks in green and yellow leather....
sweet

of topic but how did rouge and magneto have a kid in AoA, are her powers more controlable in AoA

pr1983
no, mags uses and electro magnetic field to protect himself i think

crazyspinz
ok

ScarletSpider
He might have used a field. In a Fantastic Four issue, Namor who has some electrical powers is able to "override" Sue's bioelectric aura/field with his own, thus temporarly taking control of her powers. I think Magneto, who deals with the electro magnetic spectrum does so in the same manner. Joseph was able to somehow negate her powers for a bit.

pr1983
yeah, a bit of...

chilled monkey
In the X-men animated series, in one episode, Rogue fought a Pteranodon-man with similar energy-draining powers. She commented that when they made contact nothing happened as their powers cancelled each other out.

Probably, the same thing would happen here.

Abaddon
Rogue permanently absorbed Polaris and that enabled her and Magneto to make a magnetic field to null her powers when they made contact.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.