Barack Obama for President 2008????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo Baggins
Do you think BARACK OBAMA is gonna wanna run for president in 2008???????

Tex
No, he still has a good 12 years or so to go.
Hillary in 2008! yes

mc pee pants
who the f*ck is he?

PVS
i think he's going to be the first black american president...not sure about 2008...but he's got a bright future.

ash007
indeed i think another 20 years he will be Americas first black president

hunchy
I hope Hilary is never President. That would be horrible I think.

Darth Surgent
Hillary Clinton is one of the most unfairly demonized figures in political history. Where are her faults? I'm sure she has some (though I've never seen any), but so does everyone else.

The sexist side of the right-wing did it's best to destroy her, and that same group will go after Barack Obama because of his race if he evers runs for President. Luckily, the left-wing is finally starting to get it's "groove" back.

(BTW, the only bad things I ever hear of Hillary are insane right-wing conspiracy theories. I'm waiting for something real.)

Silver Stardust
He's the Illinois democratic nominee for the Senate, right now he's leading in the polls by like 47%

Tptmanno1
you get to vote for him!!!

Silver Stardust
That I do! big grin

Tptmanno1
Arrg!
*shakes fist*

MornGlory
WHO?

FOUR MORE YEARS

Silver Stardust
But anyway, on the topic, I don't think Obama will run for president in 2008, because judging by the fact that he's leading over Alan Keyes by 47% in the Illinois Senate race, he'll be busy being a senator in 2008. But he'll probably run after a few terms as senator yes

MC Mike
That would kick so much ass! A black president and woman president! eek!

mc pee pants
thanks...

Silver Stardust
No prob!

They're saying that he'll probably win the Senate in the biggest landslide in state history...

PVS
his opponent is a token black guy from out of state that the republicans threw into the race in a sad attempt to divert people...talk about racism.

Tptmanno1
yea, sneaky underhanded bastards

Silver Stardust
The Illinois GOP couldn't find anyone else to run after the whole Jack Ryan scandal...the Republican party in this state is really falling apart.

PVS
its not a smart sneeky either...its just plain stupid

"LOOK!!! WE HAVE A BLACK GUY TOO!!!"

what a fumble. they could have pit a strong candidate against him and instead chose to play the race card

sad

WindDancer
Agree! If I had to chose between her and Barack Obama I'll go for him. 8 years of the Clintons was enough for me.

PVS
well...you wont have a choice between the two since they are both democrats.

and what dont you like about obama?

i only assume you dont favor him since you only said you would choose him over a potential candidate who you dislike.

BTW im not a big fan of hillary either. i would love to see a woman president....but not her

WindDancer
Yes there is a chance! Both can be representives of the Democratic party and only one will nominated to be president.

Huh? When did I say I don't like Obama? I favor him because if he is elected President it will drive insane all those KKK and Nazi idiots out there. Now if we can only have Colin Powel as President that would be kick ass!

PVS
but i thought powel was white laughing out loud

MC Mike
He wants to be. He feels so uncomfortable with Bush. laughing out loud

WindDancer
Whatever his skin tone might be Powel has an ice cold face! That man get's my vote....even if he is a republican.

Darth Revan
FOUR MORE WARS no expression

Mr Zero
Speaking as a european - you Americans would have a president to be proud of if he won: He's an amazing speaker and an inspiring politician (and thats a real rarity)

Darth Surgent
If Mr. Zero says it, it's gotta be true. smile

Seriously.

finti
and I who thought that Jack Ryan just was the imagination of Tom Clancy confused eek!

finti
say what you want about Clinton but at least he managed to be popular in Europe now not many US prez have achieved that. And his administration did straighten out the American economy though.
Clinton was cool, the American presidency looked like fun while he was in office................ worlds apart from that mumbling retard that`s in office now

WindDancer
He is available right now. Maybe you guys might want to offer him a job as president.

finti
we aint a republic so we dont have a president, but I gladly change him with the dunce of a PM we have.

Tex
The Norwegian PM:

http://cache.corbis.com/CorbisImage/thumb/11/04/14/11041470/AF002514.jpg

He is a snappy dresser I may add! euro

finti
and the US prez

finti
and he doesnt have to dress

Linkalicious
women with an opinion are considered b!tches...

finti
yeah and what is worng with that devil

PVS
^^^^
laughing out loud you better RUN dude laughing out loud

finti
nah I can whoop a women any time of the day boxing

PVS
yeah, i think ill stick around to see that

*ducks behind brick wall*

laughing out loud

Neo Baggins
what is so bad about a black president, dont be so racist, anyway John Kerry will porbably end up having two terms and if obama runs for president i would vote for him

zinh
If it was between Hillary and Obama i'd vote Obama. Dude had the best speech of the whole election season. Though if Hillary ran and was the Dem canidate i'd vote her.

Both are stronger then any neo-con any day.

But enough of 2008 or 12. Go Kerry :P

MC Mike
big grin thumb up

KidRock
I think the first black president will be assasinated

PVS
sad...but i fear the same.

the majority of america would welcome him...but certain freaks from the faaaaaaar right would seek to get him out by any means.

however, i hope that if he DOES become president, he will recognise this danger and have a beefed up security. any non-wasp president runs a strong risk of assassination...shit even a wasp does...remember when reagan got shot?

finti
yeah but he got shot by a mentally unstable dude who did it to impress Jodie Foster, not out of political or racial issues

PVS
thats true, and i wanted to say that...but you know how some people are here...say 'conspiracy' and they act like there was never a political assasination by high power politicians...never happened. i really didnt want to go down that road.

finti
nothing conspiring by the attempt on Reagan

Afro Cheese
Did anyone else see 60 minutes? Arnold Schwartzenager is running in 2008.

CBright7831
Clinton was a good President, but George W. Bush served as President under two of the best years of my life - 2001/2002.

finti
then they need to change the laws for presidency first

shaber
Are there any Federation style candidates?

Afro Cheese
Yeah finti that's true, I hadn't though of that. But he was on 60 minutes and they were doing some special on him and my dad said that they said he's running in 2008. Maybe I was wrong though.

finti
no Afro you might be right, maybe Arnold dont understand the ruels/laws of how to become a prez

Darth Surgent
Republicans are beginning to try amending the Constitution so that citizens not born in the United States can run for the Presidency. That's how Arnold could run.

Afro Cheese
If Arnold gets elected I think I'll get on a little boat and float over to Haiti or Cuba.

PVS
great, now republicans want to outsource the presidency laughing out loud

wtf is next?

Londonboy7
Agree, But I'm convinced Kerry will win tonight and clinten will run in 2012

Londonboy7
I agree if bush wins tonight and republicans get the senete or house majoriy then is will definitly change.

danm republicans

Londonboy7
laughing O yah if the republicans change it so arnold s. can run I say the Democrats change it so B.C can come back

finti
and Geroge W Bush is now AC his dad was BC big grin Anno Clinton and Before Clinton. guess we have a new timetable. 2000 is year zero

Londonboy7
Bill Clinton

(but that is a good idea)

finti
I know what you ment with B.C i just goofed around with it

ash007
BARACK OBAMA trounced Republican Alan Keyes on Tuesday to claim a Senate seat in Illinois. He will be just the third black U.S. senator since Reconstruction.

Well done thumb up

GABRIEL05
how about Barack Obama for president NOW!!

ash007
well i dont think he will run in the next election which is in 2009. I think once he has more experince in the senate he might choose to run in 2013 wink

Silver Stardust
Trounced? That's a total understatement...like I said it'd be, biggest landslide in state history. Obama got 88% of the votes, and Keyes only got 11%. And yes, I voted for Obama.

Londonboy7
2009?????

PandoraMomo
I voted for Obama as well..
the one thing i wanna know is who the hell voted for Keyes???

Anywho, since we now have do deal with Bush for another four years, i think Obama would have a very good chance if ne ran in the next election. Everyone will be craving a change by then, i mean after 8 years of bush who wouldn't, but i think what people will be looking for would be someone like Barack. He is an anazing politian, and i would be very relieved to have him in a more influential office than senate.

Arachnoidfreak
I heard former Mayor of New York Rudolph Gulliani was condsidering running in 2008.

heeheehee

As New Yorker, I don't see a problem with this. He was a little agressive in the way he handled things, but his actions during the 9/11 attack were top notch.

New York as a whole loved him. At least, better than this ****ing ****face ****er we have now, **** Bloomberg.

ash007
Well i heard a rumor that Rudolph Gulliani might take over Colin Powell job. blink

Arachnoidfreak
Aaahhh, rumors. Can't get enough of them. wink

I don't know anything for sure, just spreading what I hear. Cuz it's fun.

Silver Stardust
Apparently, no one voted for Keyes laughing out loud prolly some downstate people did, but I doubt anyone from the northern two thirds of the state did.

Trickster
Well, I heard Rudolph was gunna run for senator...

I didn't actually, but if you tell people, then it'll be a rumour! Or is it true...?

Arachnoidfreak
laughing

Sure, I'll spread it around for you.

Neo Baggins
Hey, he's already the sentor so whhy cant he decide next term to run for president

Morgoths_Wrath
lets hope he runs!

BobbyD
Originally posted by Neo Baggins
Do you think BARACK OBAMA is gonna wanna run for president in 2008???????

I don't know. But, this I do.....

And I'm more a Republican than a Democrat, mind you. He will be the next great President of this country (sometime in the future), in the mold of JFK, FDR, Lincoln, Washington, etc.

He is polished, articulate, bright, and not a pushover. The world will fall in love with him, just like the US already has. wink

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by ash007
indeed i think another 20 years he will be Americas first black president

Longer than that.

Alliance
Obama has so much momentum right now. I've never been so impressed by a politician. That man is brilliant.

I'd be surprised if he didn't make a run.

Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Obama!

Robtard
Originally posted by Alliance
Obama has so much momentum right now. I've never been so impressed by a politician. That man is brilliant.

I'd be surprised if he didn't make a run.

Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Obama!

I'm torn here... If he runs I do fear the Democrats will be handing the Republicans and easy victory as I do not see America mature enough (yet) to vote in a black president.

On the other hand though, having a black presidential hopeful will all but castrate the extremely effective Republican smear machine as they will have to walk on eggshells when attacking Obama.

lord xyz
I doubt Obama will win, mostly because any state below Kentucky will be 100% Republican on this. After all, they were with Kerry and his Gay rights thing.

Alliance
I dont think thats ture. Have you heard than man talk?

Have your heard him talk about religion?

This is the man we need in office.

Lana
He is quite amazing. I myself have never been all that impressed by most politicians but Obama...like Alliance said, he's brilliant.

RZA
^
I'm quite curious, being that he's a senator from your state can you give me some examples of what he's done for you guys.

BackFire
I hope he does run, it would be nice if someone ran who I actually looked forward to voting for. The man is ace.

Strangelove
I love Barack, but he's too inexperienced to run for President. 2 years as a US Senator and 12-some years in the Illinois legislature? Not enough. And I loved the integrity he showed when he said he intended to serve out his Senate term, this new move is just proof that he can be swayed by pressure. Not a good sign at all no

My pick for 2008? Evan Bayh w00t

Alliance
But still, Washington outsider? Might be good for a change.

Strangelove
But still, Washington outsider? Might be good for a change. And I've heard the sound theory that he should run before the system robs him of his idealism. I'm still wary on the subject, though.

His inexperience could lose him votes, and we don't want Bil Frist, George Warner, or even John McCaine in office after Bush is on his way out

Draco69
What does Barack go for? What are his politics?

Strangelove
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama.

Alliance
Originally posted by Strangelove
And I've heard the sound theory that he should run before the system robs him of his idealism. I'm still wary on the subject, though.

His inexperience could lose him votes, and we don't want Bil Frist, George Warner, or even John McCaine in office after Bush is on his way out

Actually, we don't want anyone remotely like Bush in office ever again.
Originally posted by Draco69
What does Barack go for? What are his politics?
He brilliant. Not too liberal, but still progressive. Great roots history, I'm sure Wikipedia covers it well. If not, he has a podcast on Itunes that has some of his great speeches for free.

Draco69
He certainly sounds nice. I hope he runs.

Strangelove
Actually, we don't want anyone remotely like Bush in office ever again.That's what I said confused

yes his podcasts are fantastic, I listen to them every week

Alliance
That's what I said confused]
no expression

yes his podcasts are fantastic, I listen to them every week

Yeah. Me too. Unfortunately, since hes been out campaigning...he hasn't had one recently.

Strangelove
no expression

Yeah. Me too. Unfortunately, since hes been out campaigning...he hasn't had one recently. sadyes

Alliance
So I listen to his Call to Renewal Keynote.

Imperial_Samura
Obama, I must admit, is the one promising name that excites people even in Australia (well, university students at least who care about politics.)

I think it would be a sound and advantageous political move, and beneficial for the US, if someone such as he was voted into the white house.

Alliance
Most definately, but the question is can he win?

PVS
MAJOR announcement by obama!
looks like he's confident in a victory!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UQszHVx_iw&eurl=

BobbyD
Most definately, but the question is can he win?

......is the Million dollar question. I hope so.

Lord Urizen
I aint voting for a guy whose last name rhymes with OSAMA and whose middle name is HUSSEIN

That fkn sh*t has terrorist written ALL OVER IT. Besides...he's ugly as f*ck....I'd rather vote for someone sexier....like......

.......Are there ANY sexy politicians ?

PVS
nobody watched the damn video. die all of you.

Alliance
Barak is God.

End of story.

FeceMan
Not to pull an Urizen, but I keep reading this guy's first name as "Bareback."

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
I aint voting for a guy whose last name rhymes with OSAMA and whose middle name is HUSSEIN

That fkn sh*t has terrorist written ALL OVER IT. Besides...he's ugly as f*ck....I'd rather vote for someone sexier....like......

.......Are there ANY sexy politicians ?

sexy politicians are as rare as legitimate statements.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by PVS
MAJOR announcement by obama!
looks like he's confident in a victory!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UQszHVx_iw&eurl=

I found it mildly amusing. Like a cup of tea with an apple in it.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
sexy politicians are as rare as legitimate statements.
You should have commented on his stupidity, not answered his question.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by FeceMan
Not to pull an Urizen, but I keep reading this guy's first name as "Bareback."

OH BAREBACKKKKKKKK---the BEST WAY TO GET IT DONE !

drooliodrooliodrooliodrooliodrooliodrooliodrooliod
rooliodroolio

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by FeceMan
You should have commented on his stupidity, not answered his question.

not nail.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
not nail.
Except that's a wonderful play on words.

Urizen is...oh, God, I've awoken the beast, haven't I?
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
OH BAREBACKKKKKKKK---the BEST WAY TO GET IT DONE !

rooliodroolio

PVS
beast penises
rooliodroolio

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.