Whos your fave bands of all tym?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lady_Lara
my faves r Evanescence,Lp,Rammstein,Godsmack,Marilyn Manson and Three Days Grace...what about yew guyz?

SnakeEyes
blink 182, green day, sum41, avenged sevenfold, the ramones

SlipknoT
Slipknot
Slayer
Led Zepplin
Black Sabbath
Old Metallica
Killswitch Engage
Lamb of God
Cradle of Filth
CKY
HIM
Greenday
Pantera

Krexo
Kreator
Exodus
Slayer
Iron Maiden

^ Seen live

Death
Carcass
Napalm Death
RMG (supported Kreator)
Pantera

Ronny
og all time?

Tool

<<Solo>>
New Order
Joy Division
The Pixies
The Killers
Radiohead
Depeche Mode
Happy Mondays
Sex Pistols
Smashing Pumpkins
Ben Folds Five
Crass
Ramones

Darth Revan
Tool, A Perfect Circle, Incubus, Tool, Rage Against the Machine, System of a Down, Nine Inch Nails, Bad Religion, Tool, Pearl Jam, Lacuna Coil, and probably some others...

Tptmanno1
Rage Against the Machine, Metallica, Nirvana, Tool as soon as I buy albums....

MornGlory
OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS

Filth
Cradle of Filth
Rammstein
Manson
Black Sabbath
Lacuna Coil
Metallica
Slipknot

furryman
in no particular order.. not very precise list embarrasment pixies, radiohead, rage against the machine, dead kennedys, red hot chilli peppers, tool, a perfect circle, nine inch nails, the smashing pumpkins, bad religion, the clash, system of a down, weezer, deftones, incubus, the prodigy, oasis

lil bitchiness
Tool - single the greatest band in the world for me.

Others -

A Perfect Circle, Mars Volta, Glassjaw, BoySetsFire, System Of A Down, Placebo, RATM, Depeche Mode, GWAR, Prodigy, Deftones, Head Automatica, AFI, Hell is For Heroes, Refused...etc.

wicker_man
Iron Maiden - I absoluetly adore them.

Others : Nirvana, Bad Religion, Orgy, Arch Enemy, Fear Factory & RHCP

furryman
and more like
Glassjaw, Guns N' Roses, Modest Mouse, Placebo, Muse, Greenday, Rancid, Offspring, Sublime, AFI, Zebrahead, Lacuna Coil, Blink 182, U2, Spice Girls...

lil bitchiness
yey Spice Girls!!

furryman
Greatest group to ever perform on this planet!

Df02
errr....The Prodigy or The Dillinger escape plan

finti
Deep Purple

Lady_Lara
dude u guys lyk kick a** bands!=)

KMC
Oasis. I know they arent the best but they are my favourite.
And 'time' is spelt 'tym' why...???

Kate xx

Mane
Underoath
Norma Jean
Zao
The Agony Scene
Thrice
mewithoutYou
The Hives
Flogging Molly
Showbread

eggmayo
sabbath, zeppelin, floyd, ac/dc, blondie, guns and roses, iron maiden, metallica, rage against the machine, rammstein, slayer, tenacious d, TSOL.

Lady_Lara
kuz thats how i spell it.is that a problem?

furryman
...'cause...

KMC
Oh no problem what so ever...

Kate xx

Dr. Strangelove
The Offspring
Rage against the Machine
System of a Down
Nirvana
Korn
Cake
Incubus

<<Solo>>
Ah, I forgot about the Hives, they're excellent.

Partingsorrows
Journey
Van Halen
Sex Pistols
Guns 'n' Roses
Bob Marley
Green Day
the Donnas
the Killers

Cinemaddiction
Hatebreed and Meshuggah. That's about all I need.

Darth Revan
Oh, and Korn. Forgot Korn.

Ronny
you have tool on there three whole times mister nerd

Lady_Lara
lol

Lady_Lara
ok kate =)

Darth Revan
Prezactly captain

Ronny
i will put down my list righthoho santa

tool, APC, deftones, chevelle, Korn (im missing the concert to go to newport cry) RATM, Marilyn Manson, Glassjaw, Incubus, Tesla, breaking benjamin, and NIN

i might add more later pimp

Lady_Lara
teheheee Darth doesnt care how many tyms its on there Tool just freakin rules!

Darth Revan
AAhhhhh!!!! Screw Newport, go to the concert dammit!!!! cry

Lady_Lara
dude yea i was gunna so go to the concert insted kuz Korn is just kick butt in concert cool

Ronny
i cant crybaby i promised id go

Darth Revan
GO BITCHNUT! ranting cry

Ronny
crying i cant!!!!!!! *rocks back and forth*

Darth Revan
I'm going to go sit in a corner and pout now schmoll

Ronny
*sniff* its not my fault *puppy eyes*

Darth Revan
I'm sorry I was angry at you. Now be a good little girl and go listen to Incubus to cheer yourself up. closedeyes

Ronny
which cd no expression

MornGlory
it is still OASIS

Alpha Centauri
Yo yo Darth Revan, good to see you're still about.

Nothing wrong with Incubus haha, great band.

My FAVOURITE bands of all time are:

Tool, Faith No More, Radiohead, A Perfect Circle and R.A.T.M.

-AC

matchbox
matchbox twenty
offspring
feeder
counting crows
rem
fuel**
and loads of other shit like beautiful south, maroon 5, transplants, eminem, travis, snow patrol, killers, placebo and loads of othere crap

Deathblow
in order:

Opeth
Tool
Nine Inch Nails
Deftones
36 Crazyfists
A Perfect Circle
Sepultura
In Flames
Glassjaw
Led Zeppelin
Alice In Chains
Sevendust
Boysetsfire
Pixies
Rage Against The Machine

Bierbommetje
Rammstein
Guns n Roses
Velvet Revolver
Protein

Df02
reminds me to add Willhaven, Bloc party, the eighties matchbox b-line disaster and Alexisonfire

DarthCyrax
alice cooper

nirvana

metallica

slayer

pantera

korn

saliva

disturbed

run d.m.c

Darth Revan
Heh, yep, good to see you back too big grin

Morgoths_Wrath
Led Zeppelin. Hands down.

Boddah
Of all time? NIRVANA big grin

Lady_Lara
lol

Lady_Lara
omg u guys lyk kick azz bands!i think i found me sum nu friends *snifflez in happiness*

Df02
could u name the bands on the lists u like lol?.... just out of curiousity, dont really care what bands they are

<<Solo>>
Nice list, FNM is kick ass.

Lady_Lara
Df02,me?

Alpha Centauri
"Nice list, FNM is kick ass."

I believe they are/were the most talented band of all time. Alongside/infront of a couple more maybe.

-AC

ClaraG
avril, simple plan, good charlotte, evanescence, pink and sugababes

Alice_In_Chains
Alice In Chains

Alpha Centauri
"avril, simple plan, good charlotte, evanescence, pink and sugababes"

Bands.....not singer and pop group.

-AC

wicker_man
Its up to her who she puts.

Lady_Lara
"avril, simple plan, good charlotte, evanescence, pink and sugababes"
eh wow theres one good band in there,Evanescence,then u have Avril,the stoopid poser *sigh* wow n yea i did say "bands" i do believe

wicker_man
Still i stand by my first comment what gives anyone the right to dispute another's choices, as far as i know GC and SP are bands, ok they may not be your favourite band but that doesn't mean they ain't a band.

Alpha Centauri
I was referring to Sugababes and Pink.

Good Charlotte and Simple Plan are bands. Shit ones, but bands nonetheless.

-AC

wicker_man
In your opinion they are shit but ClaraG and i'm sure others will disagree and whose to say one opinion overthrows another ? Anyways one of my favourite musical artists is just a singular figure but i'll still put them, i don't really care.

KMC
^Didnt no we could include artists.
Then it has to be the god of all things purple- Prince.

Kate xx

Lady_Lara
i said groups but shur add neone u want,prince is kool =p

Df02
Evanescence are just as much a bunch of posers as Avril is

KMC
Oh no, Prince is above cool.

Kate xx

bitchcock839039
the teletubies

Lady_Lara
ok lyk Wicker_man said,whatever u think go ahead,but he has a point,whatever band u lyk i may hate or think they`re posers

PippinTook
Thrice, Green Day, The Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis, etc, etc...

Alpha Centauri
"whatever band u lyk i may hate or think they`re posers"

That doesn't come down to opinion though. It's a fact that Avril Lavigne and Amy Lee/Evanescence are posers. It's a fact that Iron Maiden (who I have heard W-Man mention) are not.

-AC

SlipknoT
hysterical

wicker_man
In your opinion they may be 'posers', but as i said it is only an opinion and is not a fact, you only feel this because of your distaste for these bands/artists, which in turn derives this negative opinion of them.

Yes i like Maiden, I like most bands both commercial and underground i like to keep my mind open and savour what each artist has to offer.

MornGlory
it is still OASIS

also, Staind, and Ben Harper

Alpha Centauri
"In your opinion they may be 'posers', but as i said it is only an opinion and is not a fact, you only feel this because of your distaste for these bands/artists, which in turn derives this negative opinion of them."

Yeah but when I see Amy Lee whining about how bad her life is and then turning up at the MTV Music Awards all dressed up, grinning about what a dream it is to perform/be there, then it tells me she's either posing to look happy or posing to look depressed. Either way she's fabricating something, somewhere along the line. Kurt Cobain complained about life, blew his head off. Layne Staley did, he OD'ed on heroin I believe. Amy Lee complains, she goes home to her mansion. Or to a record company meeting where she's told what to do next.

Now by NO stretch am I saying anyone depressed should kill themselves, but don't mess around with something that people kill themselves over if you're not feeling that way. Especially in music, the artform where you can and should be at your most honest. Lying through music is quite possibly the biggest disgrace anyone can do to the art.

-AC

MornGlory
I love Liam Gallagher's voice

how does anyone like Simple Plan... I have to turn the chanel on the radio when I hear them come on... I cant stand the lead singers voice-- who in the world told him he could singpuke

ClaraG
this applies to everyone who commented
Look, just beacuse i like bands and artists that you don't like, there's no need to make a huge deal out of it. Each to their own.

wicker_man
Yes but the whole taboo that surrounds mental health (i.e. depression) is a tricky one at that. Just because someones not OD'ed themselves or blown their head off doesn't mean they are not depressed talking from experience people can show more then one face to appease different audiences. Just 'cos she (Amy Lee) seems to be happy in a video/interview doesn't mean she actually is it all could be a charade. And not a charade implied by her 'record comapny' but an almost reflex type action that many depressive people build up over time.
What Kurt and Layne did was the the ultimate defiance of depression but not how all outcomes can end.

CherryPie
Angels Son by Seven dust it makes me think of all the sad times sad

Lady_Lara
wow...*blinx*

hey clara whats ur fave song by Avril?

Lady_Lara
oo neone lyk the vines?i think they`re prettie good,i lyk their song "Ride"

wicker_man
I like the Vines, although they weren't instant hits when they first arrived on the scene, the whole comparison to Nirvana sort of put me off, but now they've really grown on me.

Lady_Lara
koolness,yea i didnt really lyk em either then i heard "Ride" n my friend let me borrow the cd and i was lyk "wow they`re not that bad after all"=)

Lady_Lara
did u lyk Bill Paxton`s "Vertical Limit"?i looove that movie!Rock climbing is the best *thros confettie* Happy Dance =D

ClaraG
My Happy Ending

Lady_Lara
koolness =)i think mine would be sk8r boi

ElectricBugaloo
The Beatles are probably my favorite of all time

My current favorites are Sage Francis and The Shins

Lady_Lara
the beatles!dont they have a song called "michelle"?kinda scary kuz ppl used to sing that to me lol(hence my names Michelle)=p

Alpha Centauri
"Just because someones not OD'ed themselves or blown their head off doesn't mean they are not depressed talking from experience people can show more then one face to appease different audiences."

Exactly. Using depression to appeal to kids is sickening if it's not sincere. Trent Reznor talks about self-mutilation because he's been through it. He doesn't sit around all day singing about the same thing, looking all depressed and dressing a certain way to shift units, like Evanescence and Amy Lee do.

"Just 'cos she (Amy Lee) seems to be happy in a video/interview doesn't mean she actually is it all could be a charade. And not a charade implied by her 'record comapny' but an almost reflex type action that many depressive people build up over time."

From what I've seen of backstage footage, not on TV interviews, she's all fun and games and laughter. Playing video games and watching movies while chatting with her friends all of whom look like teenyboppers.

Evidence tells me she's a poser with nothing to whine about at all. She does what her record company tell her to do, she's no more than a puppet. Proof of that is the Linkin Park incident which I'm sure you all know about. Chester Bennington said he met Amy Lee and she said that their record company were trying to force them to be like Linkin Park. Chester said something along the lines of "Get out and get a deal that you're in control of." But they went and did a Linkin Park-esque first single (Boring and dull) with that man singing on it that sounded like Mike Shinoda.

The fact that she thinks shes a good enough singer to cover an A Perfect Circle song doesn't score her points either.

-AC

wicker_man
"Exactly. Using depression to appeal to kids is sickening if it's not sincere. Trent Reznor talks about self-mutilation because he's been through it. He doesn't sit around all day singing about the same thing, looking all depressed and dressing a certain way to shift units, like Evanescence and Amy Lee do."

Well lets face it most kids who do go through depression and/or self harm seek solace in stars who've had similar experiences and i know people first hand who've said they can relate to songs or interviews done by these bands/artists and if they were 'putting this on' as a publicity stunt i doubt i'd get that sort of feedback, its not something you can pick up a book and begin training for.

"From what I've seen of backstage footage, not on TV interviews, she's all fun and games and laughter. Playing video games and watching movies while chatting with her friends all of whom look like teenyboppers."

I noticed you mentioned the word 'Teenybopper' and earlier comments you've made have stated you have some distaste for them, so of course anything you are gonna say about them is negative and dare i say it one sided, and just because she plays videogames or seems to be laughing with her mates proves nothing regardless of the shoot reasoning depressive people don't go around 24/7 being depressed particularly from a celebrity statue where any sign of weakness is pounced upon and believe me getting attention for reasons like that isn't easy.

Anyways i like Linkin Park and Evanescene and i don't find them boring at all, i like RATM, Fear Factory, Slayer you name it i'll most likely enjoy it i'm not prejudiced against any band on the basis of image or crowd following.
And the fact that she did an APC song proves nothing, she probably did a better job at it too.

Deathblow
That's almost funny.

lil bitchiness
Wow - super petty arguments.

Alpha Centauri
"And the fact that she did an APC song proves nothing, she probably did a better job at it too."

Shouldn't have said that at the end. Just invalidated your whole musical opinion, to me.

-AC

wicker_man
Shouldn't have said that at the end. Just invalidated your whole musical opinion, to me.

- Oh well i'll get over it.

The point is we are not gonna agree on this matter, you dislike 'em and i like 'em no matter how much we regurgitate opinions and thoughts the fact of the matter is we are very unlikely going to change one another's opinions on the matter, no matter how much we each try to put the same opinions in different paraphrases. And I've gotta with lil'bitchiness this argument has just spiralled into pettiness and generic regurgitation so i think we should just leave it at that and agree to disagree on this one.

Lady_Lara
hey if neone downloads music IM me on aim if u can get these songs Adema "Unstable",Slipknot "Circle""Vermillion"...im not allowed to download stuff *snifflez*

Wolf Dog
The Beatles probablly are the best band ever because they've made such diverse music. They do everything. The White Album is probablly one of the best albums of all time.

Lord_Andres
EUROPE EUROPE EUROPE!!!!!!!!! And they are back Happy Dance

MornGlory
OASIS

Darth Jello
hmm,....
Dead Kennedys (with Jello, not Brandon Cruz or Jeff Penalty)
TSOL
The Adolescents
LARD
D.I.
Minor Threat
Garbage
Nirvana
Beatles
Joykiller

matchbox
fave band of all time is matchbox twenty, and they always will be.

DaRk Lotus
The Smashing Pumpkins
smile

Lady_Lara
the smashing pumpkins r kool smile

Alpha Centauri
"The Beatles probablly are the best band ever because they've made such diverse music. They do everything."

Let's not go over the top.

Mike Patton does more on his own than any of The Beatles did. Technically and FOR music. The man can sing any style in any genre and not only has he created genres, he has put out more albums with his bands and on his own than most actual bands lifespans anyway.

-AC

MagdalenA
The Beatles were pioneers of their time but now they are Very overrated and have been surpassed by many bands

Alpha Centauri
Don't get me wrong, I love The Beatles.

I just don't associate talent with antiquity. They had their time and made their mark.

They were a great band who did alot for mainstream music. That's all I see them as.

-AC

Wolf Dog
Most of the bands you hear right are inspired mostly from the Beatles and Jimmy Hendrix, and maybe Led Zeppelin. Please, if your gonna hear them, dont start with the "1" album. I think you should start with the White Album.

Alpha Centauri
Unless you've actually listened to Faith No More albums thoroughly I wouldn't say that just The Beatles and JIMI Hendrix influence bands today.

-AC

Capt_Fantastic
Elton John is my rock god! Back in the seventies, he wrote the greatest music EVER! These days he's too old to really release great music. He's gotten himself into this pattern of releasing a great album and then the next one really sucks. For example: 2001's 'Songs from the West Coast' ruled. This year he released 'Peachtree Road' and it totally blows.

But from 1970 -1976, he rocked the world and accounted for 3% of all records sold on the planet!

moonwalker741
Green Day rock

mouth
led zepplin
ramones
beatles...

MornGlory
it's still Oasis

Sun Ce
my fav band woudl have to be pizza the hut, he is sooo big he is a band, shame he leaves most of the band members, mainly because he eats them erm

http://www.ladyofthecake.com/mel/space/images/pizzahut.jpg

mouth
add BoB MarLey and the Wailers to my list!!!

Aleera1138
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...Where to begin? LOL Evanescence, GodSmack, Papa Roach, Disturbed, Metallica, Iron Maiden (Still rocks) LOL and many more..LOL

yoda ledbetter
pearl jam
r.e.m.
rolling stone
the doors
guns 'n roses

baracustastic
GNR

Oasis
Queen
Foos
Green Day

eleveninches
Queen
Guns n Roses
BOn Jovi
Darkness
Oasis
Beatles

eleveninches
and:
NWA
Greenday
Limp Biscuit

A4E
green day
offspring
audioslave
coldplay

dodgeviper
audiosalve
smash mouth
Linkin Park

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.