The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RaventheOnly
OMG.... it..... looks.... awesome.......

Bethaseda is also taking over for the next Fallout with the same engine big grin

http://www.actiontrip.com/previews/pics/theelderscrollsivoblivion2.jpg

http://www.actiontrip.com/previews/pics/theelderscrollsivoblivion3.jpg

http://www.actiontrip.com/previews/pics/theelderscrollsivoblivion1.jpg

http://www.actiontrip.com/previews/pics/theelderscrollsivoblivion4.jpg

You can ride horse to eek!

http://www.elderscrolls.com/home/home.htm

BackFire
I just creamed my pants....

RaventheOnly
hysterical you should have seen my face when i looked in game informer and realized after a bit that.... it was Elder Scrolls IV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That mind you all is the in game shots that are official. They are releasing it on PC and later on to X-Box 2 mainly, then PS3 and even Nintendos upcoming console. The present systems would explode if they tried to even fathom running it. eek!

BackFire
I can't wait for the new fallout game....man...it's good to be a gamer right now.

RaventheOnly
droolio with the same engine.... its going to rock..... eek! Doom 3 has similar graphics eek! oh... and by the way... the characters under this engine actually age eek!

Lord_Andres
Give it give it to me now!!!

RaventheOnly
cry

12-15-05 crybaby

RaventheOnly
oh and Fallout is to be released after Oblivion is. no expression

eleveninches
i go tmorrowwind for the pc, and at the time i had a top-of-the-range high spec PC, but when i played it, it was still not playing right. THe frames are too slow on the pc version. Tooo much lagging

RaventheOnly
My Comp ran it fine stick out tongue but i liked the X-box version more stick out tongue

Joker1237
looks very life like, So they are having a PS3????

I was sure the systems would have given up by now or something,

IT was like 2 or so years ago when I got PS2.

That does not seem long,

Cipher
This game is going to be fantastic! Incredible graphics, amazing NPC AI, huge world.....

When I saw that Game Informer cover (which stated what the game was) I was blown away. Already a must-have!

RaventheOnly
That was the Elder scrolls III: Morrowind for its time stick out tongue

Havoc470
when i saw the cover i was amazed, and when i read the preview i was even more amazed, so this game is gonna be completely a-mazing

RaventheOnly
yes droolio

SaTsuJiN
I hope they bring back some old features from Elderscrolls : Daggerfall , like climbing walls and being able to control the directions of your swings more closely.... I also wonder how they're going to mask nudity this time around lol.. Im also hopeful they'll bring back official player housing (along with the probabilities of getting robbed by NPCs, or perhaps a rival hero/villain)

RaventheOnly
hysterical buldur's gate had that hysterical you get a message that you just noticed you are missing a bit of money laughing out loud

Robo-Chocobo
lol, I dont want to get robbed...thats my job....

lol are we actually able to buy a house in morrowind? I just am using this lady's house near the thieves guild hang out. she never comes home anyway, so why not "refurbish" it, with my armor, clothes, and potions. and then theirs the several cave mansions I"aquired"...

Daedalus
You too?! eek!

Daedalus
This is gonna wipe the floor with all the competetion! (I hope they keep the First-Person Perspective, Thief 3 style)

SaTsuJiN
Well, there are a few player housing mods that add a player house right off the bat.. but morrowind is 'very' glitchy.. my friend demonstrated by jumping down the stairs and infintely falling into oblivion.. no pun intended..

RaventheOnly
If you get high enough in any of the three houses you can build your own stronghold big grin I was with the Hilalu and built a mage spire big grin i have my own dungeon stick out tongue

Robo-Chocobo
neat, although with all my bumbling i'm sure ive p****d everyone off at this point.

i stole goods, looted the storehouse, killed bad people, freed slaves, stole more stuff, taken over a NPC house, really want to kill certain NPC, and want to burn vivec to the ground. and i hate this talking system. I have GOTY edition for X-box, and it's nice and rarely glitchy. one prob is that it freezes and pauses for long periods.

Cipher
You can do all sorts of stuff without getting into trouble if you're careful....

Morrowind's unfortunate failing is definitely the irritating freezes.

RaventheOnly
eek! just don't kill TOO many because you hit someone important and you wont be able to finish the game embarrasment i had to restart twice whistle i hope Oblivion is smooth droolio and not as glitchy

SaTsuJiN
http://www.shacknews.com/screens.x/tes4/The+Elder+Scrolls+IV:+Oblivion/1/051805

Lord_Andres
To all those that are waiting for this game I would suggest that you play the other agmes in the series before you get this one, the first one is called The elder scrolls Arena, and it
's EXTREMLY IMPRESSIVE sonsidering the age that is, it's 3D and it came out in 1994 its so ****in big, if there is anyworld gaming world that is that can be compared to the Warcraft world it's the Elder Scrolls and probobly also the Might And Magic world, that one is probobly a bit bigger but thats only because it has 9 games int the series! anyway get the firsts Elder Scorlls called 'The elder scrolls Arena' and then get the 2nd one called The elder scrolls Daggerfall, and then play Morrowind along with all the expansions

Lord_Andres
Everytime I see morrowind2 screens I can't shake the feeling of me that it is usuing the unreal3 engine, the lighting looks almust identical and it has that much need 'round' look to all kinds of things, rocks and so on.

WindDancer
OMG is huge! I was reading this from IGN:

Oblivion is an expansive world with gameplay measured in the hundreds of hours
and not the tens. With more than 200 handcrafted dungeons, 1,000 non-player
characters, and 60,000 lines of spoken dialogue, the game play is essentially
endless.

Question: Can you play as a 3rd person RPG? (Like Fable and KOTOR)

SaTsuJiN
The view is interchangeable between first and 3rd person

RaventheOnly
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

yes it always has been big grin

WindDancer

Thanks SaTsuJiN! Now I'm really interested in this game.

RaventheOnly
Oblivion is going to be larger then morrowind if you can imagine... also they are getting rid of the crossbow and darts sad because they are concentrating on bows as the main ranged weapon... giving us a quiver AND arch trajectories on arrows!!!! eek! ( there was only one crossbow and crapy darts in morrowind anyway stick out tongue ) ... horse transport is suppose to make it WAY faster in travel big grin (morrwinds drawback was travel time messed )

n00bslayer
characters will live their own lives day in day out, eat, sleep, steal, hunt have convos with other people. ANYTHING you can name they will do. they will even die of old age. they will never have the same convos with people. each time you start a new game it changes. never will it end the same way as any other time. cut down a tree and it will grow back over time. anything is possible now. Happy Dance I MUST GET IT NOW OR I SWEAR I'M GUNNA GO CRAZY!!!

Darth JLRTENJAC
"Find him and close shut the Jaws of oblivion"

DanZeke25
This game looks so great. And i dont even like RPGs that much. The graphics are the best on any game i've seen so far.

Darth JLRTENJAC
If It is like Morrowind was it will be a long game... which is just the way I like it.

Darth JLRTENJAC
I don't want this to die!

Tru_Slice
I'm really psyched about the gameplay!

This time, there is no roll-of-the-dice-to-hit thingy. (D&D rules is sooo yesterday)

When you swing your weapon, the angle and the speed+timing determines what damage you do.

Same thing with blocking. big grin

WindDancer
If you pick up the recent XBM issue there is a demo (not playable) of Oblivion. Is just friggin sweet! The game play, visuals, music, backgrounds, loading time...is just superb!

Great Vengeance
"Oblivion will shatter your pre-conceptions on what is possible in a video game"

Sir Mist
Not long leftdroolio

Screw summer, my holidays are gonna be spent on the computer playing this raver

SaTsuJiN
hehe.. the video they showed was very impressive.
Definately on my list of 'must buy' gaming

Sir Mist
Oblivion Delayed.

October 31, 2005 - A financial update from publisher Take-Two today confirms what many gamers feared: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion will not reach Xbox 360 and PC gamers this year.

According to the announcement, which offers lowered guidance for fiscal 2005 and 2006, Oblivion has been moved from the company's first quarter, which ends in January, to its second quarter -- February through April 2006.

For Q1 2006, the company now expects to post $300 to $350 million in net sales -- numbers which reflect the delay of Bethesda's ambitious RPG sequel.

So far, neither Take-Two nor Bethesda have offered reasons for pushing back Oblivion, though given the game's scope, many expected the title may not reach stores in time for holiday shopping.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/663/663060p1.html

Nactous
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!*Vader Style.*

WindDancer
Yeah, it kinda sucks. I hope they polish it nice and neat by the time is relased.

Nactous
Game Stop still has it coming out the first of Dec.

WindDancer
Did you guys saw the demo disc presentation ofOblivion from XBM? Impressive! A must see. yes

hotsauce6548
I'm okay with that. They'll finish it off and make it even better. yes

EDIT: And I did see that video. droolio

Can't wait.

Nactous
Yep.

SnakeEyes
I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls games. Anyone care to give me a synopsis of the plot/what type of game it is?

DarkC
Originally posted by WindDancer
Did you guys saw the demo disc presentation ofOblivion from XBM? Impressive! A must see. yes
Yep. I love the new combat system.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls games. Anyone care to give me a synopsis of the plot/what type of game it is?

I haven't either. erm

But this game looks so good... droolio

Sir Mist

RPG.
After the mysterious and untimely death of the Emperor, the throne of Tamriel lies empty. With the Empire ready to crumble, the gates of Oblivion open and demons march upon the land - laying waste to everything in their path. To turn the tide of darkness, you must find the lost heir to the throne and unravel the sinister plot that threatens to destroy all of Tamriel.

Its a massive world, you pick your race, appearance and so forth, and go off to play the story. Or explore things and do side quests. You can do whatever you want really.

SnakeEyes
So this is just a regular RPG right, not a MMORPG? If that's the case, then I'm excited.

hotsauce6548
So this is just a regular RPG right, not a MMORPG? If that's the case, then I'm excited.

RPG. yes

Sir Mist
Yep, you can join Guilds as well, you have your Warrior's Guild, Mage's Guild, Rogue Guild...(I havent played Morrowind for a while, I forgot what theyre called) and so on.

You can wear whatever you want, use whatever weapons you want, buy whatever spells you want, its total freedom.

You can play in 3rd person or 1st person as well.

Does anyone know, with the new combat system, whether spells count as well? Do you always cast a spell now, or does it depend on your skill?

RaventheOnly
You can enchant weapons/armor, make scrolls, repair your own armor, create your own spells also in regular morrowind

SaTsuJiN
I hope they bring back wall-climbing like they had in daggerfall sad .. it made being thief or assassin that much more leet

WrathfulDwarf
Sweet Friggin News Everyone!

There is gonna be a Special Collector's Edition for both PC and Xbox 360!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/683/683338p1.html

SaTsuJiN

in each of their stories, they seem to prophesize the forthcoming of a hero to uproot some legion of evil.. but the good part is that you really dont need to know stuff about tamriel to really enjoy an elderscrolls game.. that and they have books with lore in them strewn about the world itself.. so its mostly a win/win situation

and the genre is fantasy / rpg... with more action put into it this time around

this particular game is about the gate to oblivion (where the daedra dwell) opening.

Me want the collectors ed. badly. -_-.. "The Empire is Law, The Law is Sacred" @_@

WrathfulDwarf
It appears March 20th will be the official date for release. Finally no more delays (crosses fingers) Happy Dance

That CE will be mine!

Mišt
w00t

Time to upgrade to 1337 hardwaredroolio

Phat J
finally got elder scrolls

thegmeister53
How do you like it so far?

Phat J
it lived up to the hype i made for it, its really addicting too. i was actually staying in to play videogames while all my friends were getting drunk.

im playin far cry right now, thats a sick game. the ****in multiplayer is shitty though, you cant make it so the y-axis is different on both controllers, it has to be the same for both people playing, which is really shitty cuz it has a sick multiplayer set up, you can make your own levels and shit.

Mišt
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/9559/theelderscrollsivoblivion20060.jpg

Look at the freakin' face details....the skin textures, the eyes, the lips....full screen on high resolution and Ill be wetting my pants....

I cant wait to see some NPCs with full dialog lip synch animations....my god...how awesome...

Ill be on this game 24/7 shockdroolio

WrathfulDwarf
Gorgeous! Check this out these two.

WrathfulDwarf

Spartan005
Holy Crap

My new goal is to get a 360 by March 20

thegmeister53
Originally posted by Phat J
it lived up to the hype i made for it, its really addicting too. i was actually staying in to play videogames while all my friends were getting drunk.

im playin far cry right now, thats a sick game. the ****in multiplayer is shitty though, you cant make it so the y-axis is different on both controllers, it has to be the same for both people playing, which is really shitty cuz it has a sick multiplayer set up, you can make your own levels and shit.

lol Think you'll have enough time to play it before Oblivion comes out?

Mišt
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

That armor is fecking awesome shock I cant wait to grab some full gear Daedra (sp?) armor droolio

I wonder if you can steal arrows from NPCs? Like sneak up behind the girl in that other pic above and take her arrows, then attack her and see how she reacts when she realises she doesnt have any ammo. That would be so awesome....

Anyone seen Chapter 5 (I think its Chapter 5) from IGN? Man, the Radiant AI is unbelieveable! I could waste hours just watching NPCs go about their daily life....
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/702/702491/vids_2.html

Ast
I just downloaded the trailer on the XBOX marketplace, I havent plaed any of the previous games, but this thing looks f'n cool.

Phat J
Originally posted by thegmeister53
lol Think you'll have enough time to play it before Oblivion comes out?

im not getting a 360, maybe in a couple years when they're as cheap as the normal xbox is now, but i dont really care. i turned into a vampire and im sort of sick of it right now. ill go back to it eventually, not this weekend. im gettin ****ed up instead. my friend has 2CI, we're gonna have quite the time.

Mišt
Originally posted by Ast
I just downloaded the trailer on the XBOX marketplace, I havent plaed any of the previous games, but this thing looks f'n cool.

Screw the trailer (as good as it is), you should watch the developer videos from IGN, they show you shit you wouldn't believe in a game shock

Only thing that looks a bit of a let down is the combat, it looked like the guy killed some soldier in like 3 hits, and he had armor and all erm

Mišt
What I would give to just run up and knock that painting over and see how they react laughing out loud

Phat J
can you post the trailer, or show me wehre it was posted before?

H. S. 6
I wet myself in anticipation of this game. no expression

Every night. no expression

Mišt
can you post the trailer, or show me wehre it was posted before?

This one isnt a trailer, but shows random parts from the game, definitely worth downloading. (42mb)
http://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox360/video/article/691/691433/oblivion_022406_qtlowwide.mov

Official Trailer (20mb)
http://pcmovies.ign.com/pc/video/article/617/617331/OblivionTrailerDIVXHD_qtlow.mov

Mišt
Holy sweet customisation Batman!icon5_2
All those options just for the mouth shock

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9559/theelderscrollsivoblivion20060.jpg

Phat J
wow, that games amazing.

im gonna have to pick one up in a few years when they're right cheap and i have a lot of time on my hands. the xbox is good for now.

Mišt
Preordered my Collector's Edition 2 days ago, only 2 and a half weeks leftdroolio

SaTsuJiN

thegmeister53
wow, that games amazing.

im gonna have to pick one up in a few years when they're right cheap and i have a lot of time on my hands. the xbox is good for now.

You could always get it for the PC. Better graphics and the construction set. And mods.

And Satsujin, don't tell me you don't already have it reserved. This is the game to end all games!

Phat J
yeah well my pc sucks and i dont really like playing games on it anyway.

i can go with not playing it, it would be sweet though.

crazy_shadow
HI im back for vid. game chatting only XD

You could always get it for the PC. Better graphics and the construction set. And mods.

And Satsujin, don't tell me you don't already have it reserved. This is the game to end all games!

not better graphics, but yes construction set smile.

the graphics for the xbox360 is the same as the computer can hold right now. if you read from their homesite, (as i read from there) somewhere on there they claim the game ran better on the 360 because you don't have things running in the background to slow down or lag gameplay.

the xbox360 version comes with downloadable content, i'm not saying there will be mods, but i'm hoping that they make it to where you can download mods that were made on the PC.

WrathfulDwarf
I'm just giddy! My hopes are high on this one. I know it won't be a let down.

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I'm just giddy! My hopes are high on this one. I know it won't be a let down.

me neither, i reserved it the day they started reservations at gamestop for it, lol

Mišt
...Im 100% sure I just wet myself shock

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9559/theelderscrollsivoblivion20060.jpg

Look at those fecking tree textures...

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9559/theelderscrollsivoblivion20060.jpg

Pfft, there is no way Im playing this game on my non-worthy graphics card, not for a game this deserving, its upgrade time. Might get shoot up to 2gb ram too...

H. S. 6
I have 2 gigs of ram, and I don't even play games on my computer. yes

Nactous
Oh, I cant wait.

SnakeEyes
Wait, so does it come out for the XBox 360 and PC at the same time? What are the release dates?

Mišt
March 20 I think for US. I get mine on March 23 disgust

BackFire
This game is one of the main reasons I upgraded my PC. Can't wait.

SaTsuJiN
lol.. how do you think a radeon 9800 pro 256mb would hold up against oblivion sad

BackFire
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=255417

It will play it, but it's below the recommended requirements.

Spartan005
I just got my Xbox Magazine and it gave Oblivion a 9.5

They said that you can beat the game in about 25 hours.... but with all the extra things to do the gameplay extends over 100 hours.

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by Spartan005

They said that you can beat the game in about 25 hours.... but with all the extra things to do the gameplay extends over 100 hours.

and to explore the whole map it would take 300+ hours..

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by BackFire
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=255417

It will play it, but it's below the recommended requirements.

phew.. at least I can sortof enjoy it then... thanks big grin

Mišt
1 week left droolio

Horsesdroolio
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/8342/obx25b4nc.jpg
Im so hiding in the bushes with a bow and quiver, taking that b!tch down and stealing her horse raver

Bloodw00t
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/1848/obx30b1xw.jpg

This could be the weakest sword in the game, and I'd still want it shock
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/9803/obx28b4ma.jpg

SaTsuJiN
I think glass is one of the strongest armors in elderscrolls.. for some reason its considered lightweight and durable.. (shii'... they need some glass from this world n they'd change their mind o_o)

that would be interesting if you could 'take' the horse.. dunno if that sounds possible though o_O.... but I"m sooo making a dark brotherhood character...

Mišt
Yeah, you can steal or buy horses....I wonder if you could sell them to...horse merchants...or somethinghmm

SaTsuJiN
that sound profitable.. now.. to remove the brands off the horses arses... *glares at dagger*... o_O.......

Mišt
laughing out loud

I wonder if horses react to spells..

*throws a Spark spell at a horses ass*

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Spartan005

25 hrs? yeah, thats for the people who rush through the game just to see the ending. Kinda stupid if you ask me.

I'm spending my time exploring every inch and section of this game. Good review by XBM. thumb up

H. S. 6
I can't wait for this damn game, and I've never played an Elder Scrolls before. messed

forumcrew
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I can't wait for this damn game, and I've never played an Elder Scrolls before. messed

i was in that same boat.. then i got my hands on morrowind and didnt think much of it, now im not that hyped for oblivion.

Mišt
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4569/obx33b1eg.jpg

I wonder how deep combat is...like whether you could swing at their legs and knock them over...that'd be cool..

Mišt
Countdown Videos:
http://elderscrolls.com/downloads/media_movies.htm

The "Six Days to Go" one shows off horse riding droolio

crazy_shadow
I got the soundtrack for it! It's the only non-hardcore instrumental i actually like lol. I'm getting the game tomarrow RIGHT after school!! W00T GO OBLIVION, GO OBLIVION, GO OBLIVION!!!!!

Nactous
Dude, I got Oblivion yesterday, I am loving it. Cried at opening movie.

thegmeister53
Our lives as we know it are about to change. cool

SaTsuJiN
I bought a Radeon X850 pro yesterday, so I can play this o_O

Nactous
Its the ultimate character customization.

Mišt
Originally posted by Nactous
Dude, I got Oblivion yesterday, I am loving it. Cried at opening movie.

Bastard!mad I cant get mine for another 24hoursweep Its not fair...

So who'd you pick? Stats and stuff?shock

crazy_shadow
HAHAHA I PLAYED IT FOR 5 HOURS AND SOME SECONDS TODAY...LVL 1 STILL....i made an argonian as a warrior, didnt like it too much. so then i made a Khajiit for theiving...Working great so far. The theiving is so much more realistic then the morrowinds style.

Mišt
I hate you allcry

Soon....soon it will be minedroolio

BackFire
Been playing this all day more or less, fun game, though a bit buggy, crashed randomly every now and then. Surely this will be fixed in the future though.

Mišt
12 hours leftcry

Mišt
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7555305225326282999&q=Oblivion

Most likely going to be me ^ laughing out loud

Mišt
Gah! Triple post...couldnt help it embarrasment

Elder Scrolls Forum:
Improving Draw Distance

In the folder unique to your character (It's somewhere in My Documents\ My Games for me), edit the Oblivion.ini file in the following ways:

Set uGridsToLoad = 10 (5 by default)

(Note: This does increase load times.)

The first tweak loads more true grids, and the second tweak reduces the tiling that occurs on those grids.

I also have noticed that this does mess up water reflections a bit. I have been able to fix the problem slightly but am still researching how to amend it completely.

Improving Water Reflections

bUseWaterReflectionsMisc=1
bUseWaterReflectionsStatics=1
bUseWaterReflectionsTrees=1
bUseWaterReflectionsActors=1

Improving Grass Draw Distance

fGrassEndDistance=3000.0000
fGrassStartFadeDistance=2000.0000

Obviously make a back up of the .ini file before you start changing stuff...

Ill be testing these for sure...*passes out from the sheer awesomeness*

IcePunk

SaTsuJiN
lol you know I was wondering when someone would tweak the draw distance.. cuz everytime I'd be flyin by on the horse it looked like everything was re-growing itself.. ugh.. horseriding makes me nauseous with all that bouncing sick

my only real gripe at the moment is how delicate the skin tone / complexion is.. and how it doesnt really relate to the body skin tone.. (last time I wound up with a normal face and a red/tan body o_o)

lol that video was of multiple videos put together.. still funny though laughing out loud *blue screen* *keyboard comes smashing down on desk*

Mišt
Originally posted by IcePunk
LOL I know that wont be happening to my PC stick out tonguebig grin or me laughing out loud

Mist you're crazy about this game, arent ya?

Hell fecking yeah, been waiting for this since Morrowinddroolio

*installing Oblivion Collectors Edition* O.O w00t

crazy_shadow
lol looks liek the PC version had problems? Good thing I got it on the...XBOX360 MUWAHAHAH.. Perfect graphics on HDTV, they put it like it would be on max with the pc. I've been addicted so badly, I GOT INTO THE THEIVES GUILD droolio

SaTsuJiN
Xbox 360 does not have soft-shadows.. it bogged the framerate hardcore.. only the pc has it

AstroFan
I have the 360 version, I havent run into any problems yet, and it looks absolutely beautiful in HD. Im not sure how it compares visually to the PC version.

Mišt
Only problems so far I've had are shit keyboard/mouse response times screwing me over in combat, and random shut downs of the game when I try and enter doors, I had to retry the Thieves Guild induction quest 3 times because the game quit whenever I tried to pick the door open..

For some reason the game's bothering me...kinda expected more NPC stuff and all, so far all I've seen them do is eat and drink...nothing really exciting...I want some random crap to happen goddammit!

Lvl 1 Imperial Dark Rogue w00t

thegmeister53
Has anyone here joined the Mages guild, yet?

Nactous
Its the ultimate character customization.
Male, Imperial, created own class called adventure. BTW, has anyone found Martin yet?

SaTsuJiN
my first character is a crusader in the fighters guild..

my second is an assassin in the dark brotherhood.. <3 the armor

crazy_shadow
Xbox 360 does not have soft-shadows.. it bogged the framerate hardcore.. only the pc has it

not what i heard from the HD side of the game. How would it make the framerate any worst? The xbox360 has the same requirements a pc is needed, and the 360 isnt running anything in the background at the same time. So it wouldn't make any sense. The website said in one of the interviews too, that the game runs a lot better on the xbox360 because there is no bad jerkings during the gameplay.

Phat J
so does it live up to the hype?

Nactous
so does it live up to the hype?
no.

Nactous
no.
It surpasses it.

Mišt
Wheres a good place to get gold? I have about 200, I cant get any good weapons or armour yetdisgust

Nactous
Have you been to Kvatch?

AstroFan

Nactous
Hey, its good to see its Astro Fan again.

SaTsuJiN

Phat J
sounds pretty good

crazy_shadow
hmm I havent had any bad jerkings thus far.. its all about how you set it up I guess... and shadows are hardcore calculation material.. that and anti-aliasing.. oblivion has like 5 different kinds of shadows lol.. internal.. external.. self-shadow , tree-canopy shadow.. grass shadow.. soft shadows.. that all adds up... then you have the water reflection , water detail, and so forth... being able to turn those all up to the highest requires some really expensive hardware... I'll check out the xbox 360 version when my nephew gets it..see if its PC equivalent or better/worse..

I'm going to go to my friends house (He has a large HDTV 1080i) and see how great it looks on HD, can't wait. BTW, does the PC version show reflections of trees also? I noticed the 360 (on Low definition not high so im not sure about the HD) doesnt show them, only reflections of the buildings and landscapes. maybe people, i havent looked quiet yet.
I made like 1000 gold just sifting through lesser dungeons taking all the bandits food and clothing.. some potions.. then just sell it.. you can also haggle the merchant during selling to get some mercantile level ups evil face

I got 1200 or so, and then went to see if i could buy a house, turns out i can get a shack for 4000 sick ...But hell its somewhere to start. I got that much money by stealing some nice weapons then selling them to some theives MUWAHAHA. I just wish the red hands would vanish from the armor and weapons i want to keep.

What level is everyone now? I'm only lvl 4, I don't sleep much.

Hey everyone, if you think of going to the arena, I'm going to warn you about something. I only went through the first two battles, and all you get is 50 gold for the win. the first battle was ok, the 2nd one was a pain in the ass for me. I am not even risking the 3rd till i get better armor, weapons, and health. I wasted about 500 gold buying potions for the second battle, and i ended up using them all, it pissed me off. Just a warning for your money guys.

AstroFan
I got it yesterday, Im level 2. How do you level up?

Mišt
You have your 7 main skills, each time one of those raises up a level, that counts as 1 point towards your character level. You have to raise 10 points to level your character up. Then you have to rest and it'll level up.

Some of the NPCs piss me off......I found some woman who said something and it gave me a journal entry, but the game crashed, so when I went back to her, she just had normal boring things to say. I dont know how to get that journal thing back now...

crazy_shadow

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by crazy_shadow
I'm going to go to my friends house (He has a large HDTV 1080i) and see how great it looks on HD, can't wait. BTW, does the PC version show reflections of trees also? I noticed the 360 (on Low definition not high so im not sure about the HD) doesnt show them, only reflections of the buildings and landscapes. maybe people, i havent looked quiet yet.

I got 1200 or so, and then went to see if i could buy a house, turns out i can get a shack for 4000 sick ...But hell its somewhere to start. I got that much money by stealing some nice weapons then selling them to some theives MUWAHAHA. I just wish the red hands would vanish from the armor and weapons i want to keep.

Hey everyone, if you think of going to the arena, I'm going to warn you about something. I only went through the first two battles, and all you get is 50 gold for the win. the first battle was ok, the 2nd one was a pain in the ass for me. I am not even risking the 3rd till i get better armor, weapons, and health. I wasted about 500 gold buying potions for the second battle, and i ended up using them all, it pissed me off. Just a warning for your money guys.

I havent checked the water reflections either.. trying to induct a new character into the brotherhood.. and the game is picky as hell about who your first kill has to be -_-

AstroFan
Anyone else suck at lock picking? erm

SaTsuJiN
well.. I'll get on a really good streak of picking.. then all the sudden I'll hit a lock that'll crack 20 picks in a row.. ugh.. worst feeling evar..

I've also been trying to figure out how to activate HDR... read an article where bethesda supposedly said you cant have FSAA with HDR... so I turned FSAA off and HDR option was still greyed out sad

thegmeister53
Originally posted by crazy_shadow

Don't worry about the 3rd guy. I fought him with my mage, he's a weakling. Its an argonian who uses arrows. On another note, I just got my mages staff. cool

Satsujin, around where did you run into the vampires?

SaTsuJiN

Satsujin, around where did you run into the vampires?

a lesser dungeon called "Memorial Cave"... filled with vamps hiding out..
its outside the southeastern portion of the imperial city, across the lake

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/150/oblivgamemapb6my.jpg

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>