Top 10 superheroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
Check this out and give me your opinion.

www.silver-surfer.us/ Top10list/Top10List.htm

this is actually from wizard entertainment.

Havoc470
how is this from wizard entertainment? it looks like a fansite for silver surfer (which would explain why he's the #1 superhero)

lol did you read the fight flash would have against spawn, doc strange, hulk, and xavier? it's friggin hilarious

MatchesMalone
That list is definately from wizard entertainment. I know because I own that issue of Wizard. The fan site didn't bother to list Wizard's sloppy second list, which is a list of heroes that almost made it to the top 10. If anybody wants to know who is on that list, just leave a message on this thread.

pr1983
tell us please

MatchesMalone
pr1983, I have failed you, my son. I am having problems locating that specific Wizard magazine. Do not worry, I will keep searching my house until I find the magazine and report the sloppy second list of heroes. I do know some heroes out of memory. They are Gladiator, Thing, and She-hulk. There are several more heroes on the list and they all have brief descriptions why they didn't make the top 10. I can only hope that I will recover the lost artifact.......

.........before it is too late.

pr1983
o...k...

MatchesMalone
I didn't mean to get too dramatic on you.

pr1983
no problem

Joker1237
I sure there are better list if one takes the time to think it over.

How should we judge?? on a vs thing??

On Deeds?? I sure Superman can beat Batman or Maybe even Spiderman, But Bats and Spider did more for the common good than Superman(Unless he has to save the world from A Darkside ete)

MatchesMalone
The list that Wizard put out has nothing to do with deeds or the measure of a hero. It soley has to do with who can beat the crap out of the other heroes.

Joker1237
HERO is more about DEEDS, than just beating people up.

I sure you all watch the disney movie Hurcules. He prove to be a true hero, reason, he did not have to prove he can beat Achilles in combat ete.

But he had to do Hero DEEDS to be rank as a hero. Just my thoughs I suppose.

norrin radd

Wynndar
where is this list?

norrin radd

MatchesMalone
Joker, I know a hero is measured better by his deeds. But, this thread was posted in reference to Wizard Entertainment's list and the list is about heroes that can beat up other heroes. The top 10 heroes based on their merits is another issue. Norrin Radd, Flash has the super power to vibrate through something and causing it to explode. That is what Wizard thinks Flash would do to Hulk, not just being fast enough to punch him. Oh, since you mentioned Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter, you reminded me that they are also on the sloppy second list. I wish I could find that magazine so I could post the rest on the sloppy second list.

pr1983
i am a huge fan of most of those but id have to disagree, even on the basis of vs.

joesha28
Ok than give me your own rankings

Alpha Centauri
Hmm.

If it's overall and not favs, I'd go with:

1) Spider-Man.
2) Batman.
3) The Fantastic Four.
4) The Hulk. Although he's more an anti-hero.
5) Psylocke......(We all know I'm biased).
6)Thor.
7) The Silver Surfer.
8) Superman.
9) Hal, Green Lantern.
10) Daredevil.

-AC

Paola
just answer to this post:

if you want to give your top 10, use this: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f43/t312923.html

MatchesMalone
Alpha, you think that the heroes you listed can beat the 10 posted by Wizard?

Alpha Centauri
I'm not trying to beat Wizard. You ask for ours, there's mine.

I believe that unshakeably Spider-Man is the greatest all round, up and down, trials and tribulations superhero of all time.

-AC

MatchesMalone
Oh, I got ya, you listed the heroes that you feel are greater hereos based on their deeds and actions and not their combat abilities, like Joker was saying earlier. Sorry, I just got confused, because you listed them right after Joesha ask for a new top 10 heroes for combat, due to the fact that people have mentioned they think wizard's list is flawed.

Alpha Centauri
Spider-Man can also fight the best of people. Within reason.

He's beaten the X-Men single handedly before.

-AC

pr1983
bollocks, sorry, just had to say it. i dont doubt you, its just, how?

shaber
Batman was put in top place in the documentary.

joesha28
since when spidey did that!!!

shaber
In the 90s childrens cartoon.

Alpha Centauri
In the Secret Wars.

Sit down.

-AC

MatchesMalone
Spiderman can beat the X-men when they have certain people in their roster, not when they have their most powerful heroes. Sure, Spiderman can fight the best of people, but he'll lose very badly.

Alpha Centauri
Secret Wars X-Men had Wolverine and Cyclops to my knowledge. Give or take Storm that's the best side.

Spider-Man is a hero because lose badly or not, he won't stop fighting till he's dead. Yet he gets afraid just like any human.

He is the best pound for pound hero in my opinion and I think it's provable when reading his comics.

-AC

MatchesMalone
No one questions that Spiderman is a great hero, based on his trials and his courageousness. Its just that he can get the crap beat out of him by many of other heroes. And no, your opinion is not provable by reading anything. That's why they are called opinions, not facts.

Alpha Centauri
"Its just that he can get the crap beat out of him by many of other heroes. And no, your opinion is not provable by reading anything. That's why they are called opinions, not facts."

I said I think it's provable by reading his comics. Meaning that I think it's provable that despite being able to be beat, he is one of if not the best hero out there. Being able to be beaten by other heroes doesn't make you any less of a hero. Spider-Man in his prime is in the top 5 I believe.

-AC

MatchesMalone
I know what you stated, its still not provable.

Alpha Centauri
Unless you can prove it as unproveable, it will remain as I said, proveable that he is one of the very greatest.

-AC

pr1983
spidey is, but id have supes ahead of him, also surfer

MatchesMalone
Ha Ha!! I can prove it is unprovable!!! You already stated it was your opinion. Opinions are defined as something that can not be provable. They are the opposite definition of facts. It was foolish of you to think you can prove your opinion. Also, it was even more stupid to say that something is provable if it can not be proven unprovable. That is like saying I have proof you committed murder, just because no one has proof that you did not commit murder. The worst part? This whole mess was started my your foolishness. Do you understand Joesha started this thread referring to a top 10 vs. list and not a list about who you feel is a greater hero? You should post your list on Arsenal's thread. In this thread you need to post the top 10 powerhouses. A list that Spiderman and Batman can only dream about being on.

who?-kid
You can prove it's unprovable ? Lol.

No. Opinions are not the opposite definitions of facts. Opinions are what you (or anybody else) think is a fact. So an opinion can be wrong (opposite of a fact), but can also be 100 % correct.

Alpha Centauri
Exactly Who Kid.

It is provable and also comic canon that Spider-Man is held as one of IF NOT the greatest of all time.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
Doubtful. Superman just has just as much determination, and has gotten his ass beat just as badly(actually, worse. He actually died.)

At best, I'd give Spiderman second place, below Superman. If you read the Action Comics issues back before he was basically indestructable, you'd understand why.

Damn it, forgot to add: Superman has just as many human fears as anyother hero. Read the current "Superman" run, and you'll see what I'm talking about. The loss of a loved one hits him probably harder than anyone else. Why? Because he has power beyond most imaginations, and still couldn't prevent Lois from Vanishing(no, not a typo, that's the name given to the incident).

Alpha Centauri
Superman is less hated by me now, I like the latest run.

-AC

pr1983
id say supes was ahead of spidey also

Krissy Von Doom
I agree with the Top 5 of that Top 10 list. How Spawn made it on that list is beyond me.

norrin radd

MatchesMalone
Yes, who kid, there is proof that some things are unprovable. Alpha's opinion of the greatness of Spiderman will never have proof.

Alpha Centauri
My opinion that Spider-Man is great, you are now saying, is false?

What in the Hell are you talking about?

Anyone who knows comics and doesn't necessarily like Spidey, acknowledges how awesome he has been for the comics world.

-AC

MatchesMalone
No, I am not saying it is false. I am saying it will never has any proof. Guaranteed. Man, you can not prove how great someone is. That is like trying to prove how fun a roller coster ride is. Let it go.

Alpha Centauri
"Man, you can not prove how great someone is. That is like trying to prove how fun a roller coster ride is. Let it go."

A) You can.

B) It's not.

Letting go.

-AC

joesha28
In Avengers...that one which all the Avengers were attacked by creature, caused by Morgan LeFay. Cap America stated that Spidey proved his courage 1000x.

MatchesMalone
Alpha, no, man, no. You can not prove someone's greatness. It is an opinion, like you stated. The definition of opinion is a belief or conclusion without proof. It would be wise to look look it up.

Alpha Centauri
"Alpha, no, man, no. You can not prove someone's greatness. It is an opinion, like you stated. The definition of opinion is a belief or conclusion without proof. It would be wise to look look it up."

Obviously you are not familiar with me.

I know definitions but my point was:

You can prove someone's greatness. You can prove how great Jimi Hendrix was by listening to his music. Maybe not in CONCRETE, but to a very high degree.

I'm not talking about making opinion equal to fact. You misunderstood me.

-AC

FrothByte
isn't their a top 10 villains list from that site? i totally agree with the top 2. even with the top 5.

MatchesMalone
There was not a top 10 villains list in that specific magazine that showcased the top 10 heroes. I know that for sure. However, I do not know if Wizard put out a magazine later showcasing the villains. I guess I didn't answer your question too well. Sorry.

Arachnoidfreak
I have the top 10 Villains list from Wizard. The November issue of 1998

MatchesMalone
Would you mind posting the list please?

MatchesMalone
Actually, maybe it would be wiser to start a new thread for the top 10 villians.

norrin radd
true, but you got to post them

eleveninches
1.Hal Jordan
2.Kal-El
3.Franklyn Richards
4.Nathan Summers
5.Kyle Rayner
6.James Howlett
7.Eric Lensherr
8.X-23
9.Norrin Radd
10.Mark Milton

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.