Conan The Barbarian Vs. The Preditor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nomsans
who would win in an all out battle Conan The Barbarian Vs. The Preditor?

MERCILOUS
Conan's survived more ambushes than anyone else i can think of. It would turn into a melee battle. Unless the Pred is his clan leader or something, Conan should pretty much always take it.

CONAN RULES!

who?-kid
Not a very fair battle, a science fiction super hunter against a (let's be honest) primitive warrior.

I only vote for Conan because he's one of the coolest, but he'll need luck to survice this one.

norrin radd
are we talikng about the predator? if its the case conan has no chance in the world.

ScarletSpider
Conan. His new series is so ri-goddamn-diculously awesome.

nomsans
what series?

Ka1n
what can Conan do against rocket launcher, laser and all other stuff that predator has ...nothing so predator wins

who?-kid
The only thing Conan has, is his intelligence (yes people, Conan is very smart and cunning) and his experience.

But I hate this thread. I like Conan too much to see him lose against a creature who never appealed to me in the first place (the Predators are boring one-dimensional characters).

Btw, in some way, Conan already defeated a predator.

Ka1n
in which way :P?

who?-kid
In a far fetched way, I admit. But still...Just think it through smile

Maestro
who?-kind is referring to arnold schwarzneggar defeating the predator in the film 'predator',and that he plays conan in the films, correct me if i'm wrong.

who?-kid
Maestro, you have won the prize. Congratulations.

Havoc470
i completely agree, no one could've said it better

who the hell said it was a predator armed to the teeth, in the wolvie vs. pred topic people do the same crap, they pit wolvie vs. pred and then start adding all these pred weapons and basically making it a-mazingly un-even

who?-kid
Like I said, Predators suck. They are so extremely boring.

Interview with a Predator

interviewer : so what's your name
Predator : I'm a Predator
interviewer : I see. And what do you do ?
Predator : I hunt
interviewer : ain't that something folks. And what do you hunt ?
Predator : everything.
interviewer : why ?
Predator : it's our belief that hunting down and killing alien races is a noble sport. The fact that we wear advanced armors and have lots of advanced deadly weapons the alien races don't have, doesn't matter. We hunt for honor.
interviewer : uhuh. And what does your father do ?
Predator : he hunts.
interviewer : let me guess, for honor ?
Predator : yes.
interviewer : and your brother ?
Predator : he hunts.
interviewer : and why ?
Predator : for honor.

and so on and on...

Conan isn't perfect, too macho (By Crom, silence woman !) but at least he's got some emotions.

nomsans
conan is iraqi. i still love em tho'.

Abaddon
Seriously. Read some Conan novels or the old comics. Conan is the pinnacle of human excellence. If Conan was actually being hunted however, he has a good chance of winning.

MERCILOUS
True, Like i said, Conan has survived more ambushes than any character I can think of at all and that Includes Batman. Not only is he cunning, but he's at the very top of the list when it comes to fighting ability. Not too mention his near-super strength (preds got nothing on conan hear unless they too are of superior strength for there species.)

And who says Preds are one dimensional. Obviously yoo-hoo kid (man i'm great at puns) who's never read a pred novel or comic. The predators have a deep system of honor and pride. They have many human flaws as well, just rather different or tribal type values.

Which is the main reason Conan has a very honest to goodness chance. Preds don't usually attack anyone without ranged weaponry with ranged weaponry. It is a dishonorable kill. You should have noted this even if all you saw was Predator 1. The Pred, being one on one and arnold no longer having ranged weapons or traps, removes his weapons. One dimensional my eye!

Havoc470
sure the predator didn't use guns against arnold (i dont even think the pred had guns) but the pred still used heat vision and went invisible.........honorable indeed

MERCILOUS
You're badly misinformed. That was one predator with one agenda. Saying all of them would act exactly the same is like saying all humans would act exactly the same.

Besides, if outnumbered and out-gunned you'd probably want some sort of edge too. No one said preds were stupid.

MERCILOUS
He's from the frozen north. I never knew Iraq was in the frozen north! Gee mister cartographer, you're so smart!

Abaddon
Conan of Cimmeria...The world of Conan has different geography than our Earth. There isn't even a "Middle East" in the Conan world. He is from the frozen north however.

nomsans
yea your right i dont know what i was thinking. sumerian. lol

nomsans
i thought his people were the ancesters of atlantis. and if you consider it, iraq could ver well have been frozen fifteen-20 thousand years ago.

but i dont know what i was talking about anyway. sorry.

MERCILOUS
If you wanna get all scientific on it, All theories of super continents and tectonic plate movement, put the middle east no where near the frozen north.
But it is a "time lost land" so there's really no way to prove any of it.

Pandemoniac
Okay, back to the issue here shall we? To keep this fight interesting the Pred should indeed get rid of all ranged weapons and the nuke-watch, not to mention the cloaks.
Just the spear and the claws versus Conan's 2-hand sword.
The Pred probably is stronger than Conan, but it must be one hell of a veteran to have fighting skills equal to Conan's. And Conan has Crom's sword if I'm correct, which is a weapons of the gods. Guess that can take quite a bite out of the Pred's armor.
What matters here I think is if the Pred has studied Conan prior to the fight. If he did, he'll be more careful, if he didn't, he'll probably charge in to fast, and that would be quite a mistake. He'll be rid of a limb or 2 in no time. He'll need to circle Conan, waiting for him to attack, to have a chance.
And anyhow, Conan has defeated monsters worse than a Pred and fought his way trough multiple opponents. Preds got killed by average humans (Danny Glover compared to Conan? Come on!).

MERCILOUS
Well the thing is a Pred can have all the weapons he wants, he still won't use them if he has a sense of honor. Which most do. He'd see Conan and decide him a worthy foe. He's stalk him until he was alone and then uncloak and face him mano-a-mano. If it's a top notch predator, then the fight goes 50/50.

Strength is not a factor here. Conan has done some astonishing feats of strength and is as strong as an average predator.

Pandemoniac
Guess you're right. And ofcourse Conan likes to run around in his underwear... giving the Pred some advantage.
Ah well, there probably will be a movie on this soon, let's wait and see, hehehe.

Dreampanther
Yeah, I think if it's man to man, or rather man to predator, Conan is gonna make him sorry he ever left his planet. Conan's survived demons, sorcerers, even a werepanther in a book I have. He's battled the undead, monsters and came out victorious every time.

Unless the predator keeps his distance, uses his invisible cloak and snipes at him from cover, he's gonna get his ass handed to him. Even then, precisely because Conan is so primitive, he's got like a sixth sense for danger.

It's not that the predator can't win, it's just, if he tries to make it a fair fight and doesn't use his superior technology, Conan's gonna slice and dice him.

MERCILOUS
Some predators (not all) do acheive Conan type prowess with a melee weapon.

Mr. BBBumper
The trolls are here. NOW!

beast1234
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
The only thing Conan has, is his intelligence (yes people, Conan is very smart and cunning) and his experience.

But I hate this thread. I like Conan too much to see him lose against a creature who never appealed to me in the first place (the Predators are boring one-dimensional characters).

Btw, in some way, Conan already defeated a predator.

How intelligent is conan

SupremeMan
Originally posted by nomsans
who would win in an all out battle Conan The Barbarian Vs. The Preditor?

With the Predator having that armor and all that tech, no way he loses without PIS. With equal weapons though, Conan takes it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.