Is it possible to kill death??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
DO you think it could be possible to kill death???

If you did manage to kill death, then that would include it's own death, and therefore it wouldmean that death still exists and you have just made death stronger.

Your thoughts please confused

Phoenix
Depends if you mean death or Death. Mortal death is just the ceasing of life - Death is a skeleton in a shroud. I don't think you can kill death but Death should be easy enough to dispatch! ((especially if you used his own scythe))

eleveninches
But then you would prove his existance as an abstract. Killing him would just empower him even more.

Turbo-Cajun
There is no Grim Reaper dude... we all die, and its because of things like drinking, and getting old, and crashing in cars that causes it. Not a skeleton in a black robe.

Mr Zero
I keep meaning to ask you - why do you have a photo of tired hiker as your sig file?

Turbo-Cajun
haha, i thought it was a good picture of him... it deserved to make it to a sig.

Seems to kind of go with the "Turbo-Cajun" name...

airbonic
Death was inherited by every human being as a result of the "first sin". Therefore in this lifetime Death cannot be destroyed. However the future promises and end to it and that we are awaiting.

Turbo-Cajun
Everyone did inherit death, not because the first sin. But rather we ****ing die because we get old and our bodies crap out on us... something completely natural, and as important a part of life as birth is. Get over it... dont stress over things like over coming death, you over come death by no longer fearing it. When it happens, it happens... until then, live your life! Right now you are alive, enjoy it... quit reading dumb threads on death and dying!

airbonic
Then why are you posting on this thread...
In any case do you really think humans were just made to be born, live a crappy life full of problems and pain, grow old and then die...
Were are the most complex organisms on this planet and science hasnt but touched the surface of exploring the full depth of a human being and what makes us exist.
Therefore there must be more to life AND DEATH in this case thatn simply "ACCEPTING IT" and "NOT FEARING IT"

Dont you Think!

Turbo-Cajun
You can't change the fact that you die... why fret over it as much?

There is a lot more to life than facing problems and pain... life is beautiful, not always perfect, but its great. Just because I think death isn't something to live in fear of and dying is just as natural part of life as being born does not mean I don't value life. I enjoy my life, I enjoy life a lot... but literally you could die at any moment, so why ask questions like "Can we kill death?" Death can grab you every time you leave your house, every time you cross a street, every time you get into a car... You can't kill death, you cannot kill Death, and you can't stop it coming... everybody has a number of days in their hands. All you can do is live today to its fullest. The point of my comment about this thread being stupid was only meaning that you should be out enjoying life... not "worrying" over it and posting in threads titled "Is it possible to kill death?", you should be out experiencing life, not out thinking about how to cheat death... or whatever you would accomplish even if you could kill Death or the Grim Reaper or whoever it is your talking about.

Oh, and please don't try to put words in my mouth again please. Its not appreciated.

WindDancer
Death has to happen if not this world would be so populated that there wouldn't be any breathing space.

Besides life itself never ends. There is always a chain of humans coming and going in and out of existence.

Filth
Every one must one day face death, and "you can not kill what does not live" so no death can't be killed

ragesRemorse
No. I mean are you just reaching now?

Syren
I agree completely. TC's post touches a lot on things I have said in previous threads about what happens when we die, I sincerely believe that people worry far too much about where they are going after their lives that they forget to actually enjoy the time they do have.

David Duchovony
If you know this, why even ask the question???

The Omega
"Death was inherited by every human being as a result of the "first sin". "
Prove that, will ya?

Reborn Again
Hum, good quote. But should every generation suffer the punishment of their fore fathers? Why do some people die at a young age, while others live to a ripe old age? Why is DEATH reserved sooner for some than others? And how can you kill and idea or belief?

Most people believe DEATH is symbolized by a bonely creature in a long, dark robe, holding a staff. How can you kill something that's already dead?

Imperial_Samura
I don't think it possible. To me Death is merely a concept, a process, natural, it has nothing to do with desire to kill, no discrimination or discretion, no manifestation. Everything "dies", its the way it is. From the largest sun, to the tiniest single cell organism. To destroy "Death" as a concept one would have do destroy all that can die and all that can create the concept of "Death"..... Of course if we are talking about man made images, the Angel of Death (who is only a bit character in the bible), the Grim Reaper (mans creation based upon symbolism and so forth), Pratchetts death or the Gothic lass from Sandman, well, for one, they are virtually gods, so beyond death, and two, well, they all seem to be fictional, and so once again beyond death.

MornGlory
I think Im already dead

Capt_Fantastic
Wow, deep man. Really deep. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You wait on him. I have a life to live. And avoid the salmon mousse.

Reborn Again
"The first sin" is a concept inherited by the imagination of the frightened of the Bible, thus Death is more ancient than prevously conceived here. But death wasn't given a face until the Bible. Death is an idea and a state of mind. But as long as someone remembers you, you're never dead.

eleveninches
If death was only inherited from the last sin, then how did the dinosaurs die?

Anywien
Good point. How did the dinosaurs die? I can see this is going to end up as a religious debate of some sort...

eleveninches
did the monkeys that mankind evolved from have original sin as well?

Anywien
Maybe Adam and Eve *were* monkeys?

Anywien
But then again....If people believe death only began when Adam and Eve sinned, then how did the Neanderthals die out? How did the dinosaurs die out? How did anything become extinct for that matter? Unless the dinosaurs were the ones who sinned.

eleveninches
BAD dinosaurs big grin

naaughty monkey. spank the monkey!!!

Reborn Again
Who says that dinosaurs were the first living creatures on the planet? Other species have been found that outdate the dinos. What about them? However, sin is a term used by religion to ascertain a wrong. If you believe you're right, how can it be a sin? Why do others see your righteousness as a sin to them when you feel you're in the right? There's a conflict here. Your view vs there's. And when dinos killed other dinos, is that a sin or just self-preservation? Darwin's theroy.

azza2110
Reborn....thats brilliant! thumb up

If you go along that line, angels were created to watch over us, then how did the devil, who is a fallen angel! someone had to start the sins, so maybe dinos or whateva were the start and we inherited it!

U can escape death......watch Bill and Teds Bogus Journey!

eleveninches
/\yeah. I loved that movie. They play the grim reaper and use hi as their slave to be brought back to life.
THe grim reaper keeps losing, and making them play over and over again

Napalm
I am death and no you cant kill me

Storm
In a way, death can be defeated... with creativity and invention. By making something that will last beyond our lifetimes, we try to find immortality. Dramatic or visual art, music, literature, thought, new ways to serve humanity all give the creator a certain amount of life beyond the grave.

peterKSL
I made this proverb myself, tell me if I did it right, because I am pretty confident of this proverb being 100% accurate---->"IF GOD DIDN'T CREATE NATURE OR GOD ISN'T NATURE ITSELF, GOD DOES NOT EXIST". I made this proverb after I remembered that God created the world, and by science, I believe that it's nature that created the earth, with the help of time... so what is this got to do with killing death?? Well, I got to tell u people that God created us for a purpose in life, a choice of our own to experience life itself, directions in life of where people can affect our destiny, and I believe that is the meaning in life... Have u ever wondered if people like Hitler can't die?? Will there be a fair chance to other people??? To let us suffer pain and not DIE???? answer that!!!!

peterKSL
by the way I define sin as " the act of people who are lack of experience"

peterKSL
people created the word "sin" because of "how they feel" or "what other people think"... How can dinasours know that killing other living things for food (survival) is a "sin"???? BY THE WAY... if humans kill humans = sin, and humans kill animal is not a sin... CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW IS THAT FAIR?????????

Cipher
Death isn't an actual being.......

Joker1237
Dont worry, When we all die, We all go to that Gloomy Underworld in Hades. lol I think it would be cool if that was true though.

miahera
you can temporarily cheat death like those scientist who wanted to freeze someone so they can be awakened in the future, or just eat healthy and hope you don't get run over by a drunk psychopath or stress out from a terrible mother-in-law. wink

carnival_junkie
read the book On a Pale Horse.
it'll explain things to you in the first parts of the book.

it's the idea that you can kill death, because death is a mortal person.

it's a good book as well.

leonheartmm
its possible, but not in ur world or reality.

{just a thought but i dont think its wise to mix relegion n philosophy}

ShootingStars
hrm... i guess you could, but then you'd beat death and either everyone would have immoratlity or you would condemn the entire existance of man to extinction. that is ofcourse if you were talking about death protrayed as the Grim Reaper

i wouldnt be suprised if i confused anyone, as i have confused my self... confused

NicktheBassist
Eleven Inches, did you get this idea from a book? because I recently read a book called"On A Pale Horse" by Piers Anthony and in the book that very thing happened: The main character, Zane, killed death and because of it, he took up the office of Death and it was a really good book. you should read it

debbiejo
I think you just killed it.

the goat
death is more universal than life. everyone dies but not everyone lives.

debbiejo
True true true..

SaTsuJiN
death isnt truely tangible.. if we could kill or defeat it we would be eternal.. and we cannot.

SnakeEyes
Of course death cannot be killed. Obviously death is not a living being or a person, therefore, it cannot die and cannot be killed. Death is just something that happens to all people at some point. Its just like saying: Can you kill faith (not the best example) but faith is something that exists, but does not live. So you cannot kill it.

peterKSL
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Of course death cannot be killed. Obviously death is not a living being or a person, therefore, it cannot die and cannot be killed. Death is just something that happens to all people at some point. Its just like saying: Can you kill faith (not the best example) but faith is something that exists, but does not live. So you cannot kill it.

Extremely true, becuase we can only kill something that has life... death is lifeless, it can't be killed..

Shades
Death is an aquired trait - like Woody Allen said. If Death were to be killed, then it would require death itself to kill death, so death would remain.
the goat: "death is more universal than life. everyone dies but not everyone lives." This is a ridiculous statement - you cannot talk about people who don't live, or who don't have existence, it doesn't make logical sense. The concept people/humans is included in the term 'everyone' - so, 'not everyone lives' means that there are people who do not live!?

Storm
Death has always been, and always will be. It is an essential condition of life.

Lord Urizen
I concur with Storm....

Death is NOT the opposite of Life. Death is the opposite of Birth...

FistOfThe North
You cannot kill death, but you can prevent it from happening sooner than normally, sometimes, at least.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.