RESIDENT EVIL: The Time is Now (Story board)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kohldia
The ashes burned crudely, crackling and falling into the remainder of the once prominent body structure, another soul condemned to darkness because of the terrifying plauge that had constantly ravaged the areas surrounding Racoon City.
The soldiers had seen enough, their minds and souls haunted by the images and sounds nightly, none of them would be the same. But there was one woman who stood out from the rest, it was as if...the death and horror didn't even register in her mind anymore.

((This is the intro, you're all in the areas surrounding Racoon City atm helping to 'neutralise' the threat...meet up with other characters as you move along.))

Kohldia
Berina moved slowly through the ranks of men and women, their faces showed pain, fear or just plain horror most of the time, but Berina's, as usual remained cold. The killings had been required recently and there were many that wished to end it all, she could see it in their eyes and it was then she realised how under prepared they were, she sighed slightly and made her way over to the 66's tents, opening one of the flaps and nodding to a smaller figure to her right, he was hunched over a case of sorts, "Goin through all that again Ark?"

(Tag /\rk)

/\RK
Ark looked up, the case held many weapons that he was trained with from his martial arts class, "im deciding and what ones to carry with me" Ark said, "i can't carry them all" He looked at the case again, "thanx for helping me with that thing in the streets" Ark said remembering the little insident

*****Flash Back******
Ark has just started his new martial arts corse, he was about three weeks into the corse, he stayed back today to do some extra training, and locked up the weapons rack, and was on his way home, he forgot to put the weapon rack's keys back, so he started to walk back to the school, when he sees some one lying on the road, "are you alright?" he asks the man on the road, the man quickly turned to Ark, his eyes were bright blue, and his face was all cut and bleeding, the man dived at Ark and tried to bite him, Ark held him off, then threw him to the ground, the man got up and ran towards Ark, then a gun shot went off, and the man fell to the ground with a bullet in his head...
*****End of Flash Back*****

Kohldia
"The man was contaminated Ark, I would have done it regardless so don't think you're so special." she stated icily and moved over to her locker.

AcrypT
'Oh Valien loosen up. don't take it persinol kid, she's not very nice to anybody', Paul said as he walked into the room and threw down his bag.
'Ark is it?' he asked standing over the boy.

Kohldia
Berina rose an eyebrow as she quickly took her large weapon apart, laying the parts out infront of her, cleaning and making sure no blood remained as she went over each peice, scrutinising it and then replacing it just as quickly, within minutes she'd finished and clipped the magazine back in.

/\RK
"thats what every one calls me, i hate my real name" Ark said

Kohldia
Berina stood and cracked her neck, taking off her jacket to reveal her thick upper body muscles, she yawned a little as she looked at the main pole, it was out by a few inches and she punched it, the pole straightening instantly and shaking the tent for a moment or two, the only one that seemed a little preturbed by the action was Ark, Paul barely even flinched.

BlackC@t
Jade wandered the empty road for a sign of help. An empty gun was strapped to the buckle of her belt, many fresh scars littered her face. She had seen the end, it all happened in Racoon City, crazy people trying to eat each other. But she knew better, they weren't just crazy people, they were dead people. But Jade had to forget about that now, that was in the past, right now she needed to find help. She had barely made it out of the forest which boardered the remains of Racoon City.

AcrypT
Paul gave a side gaze towards Valien, she was her "cheerful" self as usual, he thought smirking to himself.
'Well I'll be heading out again, just dropped by to see how things were going...Ark grab something to eat if your hungry, their's food in the bag', he motioned towards the bag he dropped when he came in.
'Nothing fancy, I picked up a few things from an abandoned supermarket', he added.
With that Paul set out of the tent to patrol outer camp and assure a safe return for anything friendly and alive.

Kohldia
Berina walked out of the tent without saying a word, a younger soldier approaching her and nodding, "Theres been a survivor, she's still within the perimeters of the safety checks." Berina nodded and walked with him, glancing at the woman before addressing her, "You were strong enough to get out of the city...good to see it. My name is Berina Valious...please follow me."

/\RK
Ark opened the bag, and took out some chocolate for energy, he equipped himself with steel staff, two daggars, he found a handgun in the tent with some ammo and put the gun in his belt, along side the extra ammo, Ark had never used a gun before, but was ready to learn, he walked out the tent over to Berina and Paul

AcrypT
In the distance Paul heard noises but they seemed far off, he was at the norther end of the camp sitting up in a building waiting, apparently this buildings gas balloons had a disagreement with the building for half of it was blown into ruins. Once again the same noise but this time closer, it sounded like feet being dragged along the pavement. Paul kept still amongst the ruins and scanned the ground for any movement. Then he saw it, this was definitely a case of contamination, A severely burnt body was dragging itself towards Paul. It was only a young boy, maybe 6-7 years old but it made no difference now. This creature had no soul, Paul felt his face growing read with anger, without hesitation he leaped down grabbing hold of a railing giving him speed as he aimed a kick for its head. With a sickening crack the body fell and lay still.
Paul turned away and forced the sick feeling out of his stomach, he had dealt with many contaminated children but it always felt worse Re-killing them than the adults or animals.
With a sudden flash Paul turned unholstering his berreta,aimed. The shot echoed off the lifeless wall and the boys head was splattered on the pavement. 'Can never trust these sons of bitches to die" he said now regaining back his "coolness".
"I wonder where this guys buddies are", he thought as he walked away from the scene, placing his gun back in it's holster and heading back to his spot up in the building he had jumped down from in-order to continue with the watch in case more come along to feast on the fresh meat their friend left unharmed.

OOC:sory Ark, I started writing this befor you posted, it just took me a while.

/\RK
OOC: eh Ark will go over to u then.

Ark heard the gunshot, he held his staff, ready to attack, as he walked over to investigate, the body of a child layed on the floor, half of its head was around it, "proberly one of them" Ark said quietly

AcrypT
'Hey Ark, up here', Paul called out.
'You can see things much better from up here and I expect some more of...Them', He pointed at the now almost headless boy, 'will be here soon'

/\RK
Ark got up to Paul, "can you help me with this?" ark aksed, as he took out the handgun, "i've never used one" Ark took out the ammo too

AcrypT
'Sure, it's easy enough', Paul took the gun, 'On safety, not on safety', he moved a clip on the side of the gun.
'You'll want too keep it off safety at times like these, next you insert this here', He shoved the ammo clip into its place with a click, 'Then you load', he pulled back the top part of the gun, loading a fresh bullet in the barrel, 'Aim and then fire'.
Paul didn't actually fire the weapon, he extracted the loaded bullet from its compartment and handed the gun back to Ark, 'Simple enough'?

/\RK
"seems simple" ark said, "i dont think close range combat would be good, unless no ammo, thats why i got the staff"

Kohldia
Berina didn't really notice the gunshots but a few around her did, going to the aid of Paul and Ark as she led the newcomer to the 66 Team's tent, opening the flap for the woman and offering her a seat on her bunk, "Would you like anything to eat? Drink?"

XornonJay
Drake walked into the tent where Berina and the civilian were and stopped. "Hope I'm not interupting anything. Just checking in, getting some ammo and then out again to look for survivors." He glanced at the civilian again. "So she made it outa hell huh?"

Trickster
Corbin was sitting in the Comm tent, waiting for, hoping for, some more signals from inside the city. A hand waving in front of his face brought him out of his reverie.
"Shift's over, Corbin. My turn for the bells of false hope," the other communications officer smiled without humour. So often signals had come through just to be investigated and a simple radio left on among corpses that the job was a soul-desroying one, "Get anything?"
Corbin replied, his accent obvously British, "No. Only a couple random dots. Y'know, the normal stuff."
Getting up he pulled his bottle of root beer from the table, holstered his pistol, and headed back to their tent.

Walking through the flap he went and sat on his bed, looking enquiringly at the civilian.
"Make it here by herself? I'm impressed."

Kohldia
Berina nodded slightly, getting a canteen of water, a cup and some beef jerky, handing it to the woman, "Start off with simple foods, but stay within our borders...you dont want to have to deal with anything until we find a place for you." She turned to Corbin, "Radio still silent huh?"

Trickster
"Yeah. Wish it wasn't. That makes it another patrol that missed sign in," Corbin shook his head, "What if they win, Berina?"

XornonJay
Drake spoke from his position over the ammo box. "They won't win, Corbin. The government won't let it happen." Drake eyes clouded as he thought of all undead killing inocent people. "I won't let it happen." He glances at Berina, who just nodded. The truth was, he and Berina had had this conversation before in private. There was no way of knowing the numbers of people out in the city; dead, alive, or undead. The casilties had grown in numbers, and their were still countless numbers of people missing, and only God knew how many walking dead. Berina and Drake had talked about the idea of sending a team in, but it was only that, an idea.

((OOC: hope thats cool, not sure if you were heading in a certain direction or anything so i just sorta typed whatever came. If anything in the post isn't cool, let me know))

AcrypT
Paul sat with Ark silently beside him for a while, he was hoping for at least some from the patrol that set out earlier to return. They were supposed to come back from the north but still no sign of them. He wasn't surprised by this but he always had hope even when things looked hopeless.
'I hope you've figured out how to use that', said Paul referring to the gun ark was holding, 'You may need to use it not before long'.
Something was coming, Paul could here it but couldn't see it yet.
'Stay here', he said to Ark as he climbed down.
'Paul' , Paul turned to the direction the voice came from, 'oh shit', he said silently to himself, Kev was stumbling towards him nursing his severely bleeding arm. 'What happened, where is everybody els? What happened to your arm?', Kev's face was stained with a mixture of tears and blood and it seemed to take a great effort for him to speak, Kev twisted his face trying to say somthing. 'It's ok never mind, let's take you back, you can tell us over a cold beer after they fix you up', Paul said to try and keep Kev's mind clear. 'b-but you don't understand' , Kev said trying to hold back tears, 'I had to kill Ana, she- it wasn't my fault, s-she was bitten, she fell, they had here. My arm, they bit me, I can't go back' ,Kev dropped to his knees.
'Your not dead yet and I'm going to keep you that way', Paul bent over, lifted Kev up by his good arm and slung him half over his shoulder. 'Are there any left behind us?', Paul asked looking back, 'No I stayed and made sure we got them all , there was a burnt boy that got away but I see you've got him, I heard your gunshot and came...I'm the only one left' .
'Ark come, we're heading back to camp! You too Kev, I'm not leaving you behind', Paul with Kev on his back made his way back to camp.

OOC: I only saw the first movie so I'm not shure if he can be healed, help me out!

/\RK
OOC: there is an anti-virus, but i dont know where we would find one

Ark followed behind Paul and Kev, he loaded his gun, Kev could turn at any minute, and Ark didnt want that to happen, Ark started to think about the incident acouple of years ago, the tv called the tape fake, Ark now knows it was a cover up, and he didnt want that to happen again, he snuck away from Paul and headed towards the city

BlackC@t
Jade shook her head slowly. Blood trickeled down the side of her face, she didn't feel like talking to anyone, she just wanted to find a space and sit there for the rest of her life. "He's coming back for us!" Jade said. She was terrified of him, his pursuit was relentless, he was evil itself.

BlackC@t
OOC: Ark, I think this game takes place a day or two after the second movie.

/\RK
OOC: i dont think they could re-build the whole city in 2 or 3 days.

AcrypT
--OOC: Yea I know about the anti-virus but I don't know if they have any left after the first movie plus I don't know if getting bitten eventually kills you no matter what or if only after you die some other way the undeadness takes affect. I can't realy go on with the post till i know.--

The ongoing was slow with Kev on his back but Paul kept going, 'Ark! Now where'd that kid get to now," Paul said looking back. 'You can't bring me, they won't have it, you should kill me now' , Kev said weakly from Paul's side, 'I'm not going to sit by and watch my friends die one by one!', Paul answered, 'I'm not going to leave you here and I'm not going to kill you, you're going to be with friends and if worst comes to worst then there will be more than enough of us to take care of any problems.'
Paul kept going, it would be dark soon, he didn't wana be out here without the propper gear in the dark, "where's Ark?".

/\RK
night fall had taken the sky, Ark was in the main city, searching, then he found what he was looking for, a camera shop, the door was locked, he smashed it as quietly as possible, and opened the door, walked in then closed it, inside the shop Ark grabbed some camera, and a couple video cameras, he put them in his bag, and also put in some batteries and extra memory cards, he kept on camera, and turned it on, then head for the door, Ark froze about ten zombies were outside the door, coming closer,

Ark grabbed a carry case for the camera and put it on his belt, still taping, Ark went out the shop, and shot the closest zombies, they fell to there ground, Ark didnt get the head, so he took out his daggars and severed there necks, the other six zombies were comming closer, ark put his daggars away and started to run

OOC: there is an anti-virus in the second movie, and yeh if u get bitten, u will eventually turn into a zombie, even if your not dead

AcrypT
As paul walked along Kev grew silent, 'Hey Kev you still with us?', Paul asked when suddenly his foot struck a rock and he lost his balence falling with Kev on top of him. It happened in a flash, Kev grabbed Paul's gun from his side loaded and boom. Paul was splattered with bits of Kev's head, he backed up and got on his feet quickly, fighting off the urge to throw up, the effort made him dizzy, he turned away 'why?' he asked himself although he already knew the answer.
He bent over Kev's boddy, closed his eyes with his hand, took the gun from his hand and was about to set back when he herd shots fired from behind him. "Ark!" , he thought immediatly and ran back in the direction he came from.

/\RK
Ark saved his ammo, by knocking the zombies down to the ground, then he ran, he went behind a super market, and picked the backdoor lock, when inside he locked the door, the shop was empty and quiet, and the glass windows hasd the metal rollers put down, so no zombies could smash through, Ark was starving, he got some food and ate it, Ark was alone, he wanted to call for help, but he didnt know if Paul or Berina had a mobile, Ark was stuck there

Trickster
"You sure, Drake? When was the last delivery of supplies?" Corbin shook his head, "They don't care. No-one out there even knows. We're alone. Maybe we should just pack up and leave. It's not like we can win. There's so many of them. I know, I read the messages I send."

XornonJay
"So, say our lives instead of saving as many innocent lives as possible? I don't know, but I for one am gonna do my job, and stay until I run out of weapons ....or get bitten." Drake wasn't afraid of death. His wife was gone, he had nothing to live for.

AcrypT
There were no more shots fired, that was a bad sighn as far as Paul was concerned, it ushualy meant that the person with the gun was physicaly uncapable of shooting. Paul slowed himself to a jog to catch his breath when he heard noises comming from within the city, he unholstered his gun and moved caushesly into the city. The thought crossed his mind to go for help but then instead of a rescue he'd be retrieving a body for shure so he went on. Click, he loaded his gun, the noise was close. Then he saw them, some who could smell him started comming towards him, he shot three bullets that snaped the necks of the closest zombies to him. That made the rest of them notice him, "there must be fifty of them", he thought wildly but there was nothing more to it, he fired another shot that cracked open a womans head who had two stumps for arms. 'ARK! You in there!?', he yelled while backing up from the now quickly approaching zombies.

Trickster
The sharpness of Drake's response shut Corbin up. He rolled over onto his back and stared blankly upward.

BlackC@t
Jade stared across at the infected man. It was things like him that had made Hell on Earth. "Y-you should kill him now...It'll be harder later..." she stuttered.

Kohldia
Berina's expression was like ice, she heard gunshots and she stood slowly, taking her large weapon and her 'tool' belt which consisted of several ninja stars, throwing knives and a long machete. She glanced at the others as they re-acted the same, she then looked to Jade, "Show me the fighter that was within you when you faught through all those zombies and I'll allow you a spot within our team." She held out a now gloved hand, "Deal?"

/\RK
OOC: u didnt post where u were, for all i know u could be talking to an emty mcDonalds.

AcrypT
OOC: you have a point.
Paul started making his way around the store, there were cameras scattered mostly broken all over the floor, some of the zombies were comming towards him while others were trying to get deeper into the store but paul couldn't see where to exactly. Paul kicked away a zombie shooting it in the face, 'Stay away you son of a *****!', paul kicked the zombie away again and planted a bullet in its skull.
Paul gave another shout, 'Ark if you'r alive then say somthing!'.

/\RK
OOC: dont mean to be a pain, but how did Paul get in the story if Ark locked the door, and there were no zombies inside.

XornonJay
Drake picked up his m14 and put his two desert eagles back in their shoulder holsters. "Back into hell we go." He slid a magazine into his weapon and then nodded at Berina and Jade. "Let's go."

Kohldia
Berina took the woman gently by the arm, giving her a small handgun with several magazines, "Use them discreetly, now lets move." She turned and moved out of the tent.

/\RK
Ark heard gunshots outside the shop, "there are people fighting, i have to help" Ark thought, he opened the shop door, zombie was standing infront of him, Ark punched it in the face, knocking it back a few steps, then Ark ran behind it, and twisted its neck fast and hard, until he heard a crack, the zombie fell to the floor, Ark got his staff ready and ran towards the gun shots, tripping up any zombie in his way

Kohldia
Berina and the small team jogged quickly into the city, they spread out a little, Jade following quite close behind the leader; Berina. She heard scuffles and she sighed, moving to her right and into a dark street.

/\RK
Ark was still running and tripping up zombies, before long he realized he was surrounded, about ten zombies had Ark surrounded, Ark twirled his staff in his hand, then he held it out and spund around knocking the zombies to the ground, they were the only ones near him, so Ark got out his daggars and finished them off, by slicing the neck, until the head came off, after Ark had finished the last one, he heard a moan behind him, as he turned around and zombie tackled him to the ground, Ark was fending the zombie off, not letting it bite him

Kohldia
A snap of a shot was heard and the zombie that had attacked Ark was now totally done for. Berina's expression didn't change as the bullet from her weapon hit right on target, she'd gotten used to firing while running and it showed.

/\RK
Ark threw the zombie off himself, and stood up, "i should say thanx, but she wouldn;t care" Ark thought to himself, "ive got some evidence" Ark said, showing Berina the camera, "ive got spare ones too, they cant get away with it this time"

Kohldia
Berina clenched her jaw, grabbing him firmly by the arm as they all ran passed him, he'd sacrificed all of their lives for a bloddy tape. She admired his guts but she'd have a firm talking to him once they returned to HQ.

/\RK
Ark got free of Berina's grasp, and starteed to head back to HQ

OOC: i g2g now, seeya tomorro, just say Ark went back with yous to HQ.

Trickster
Corbin stirred from the bed. He had noticed the team moving out, but couldn't be bothered to move at the time. Now he walked over to his closet, pulling out his pistol, and held it in his hands, contemplating his life killing zombies.

darion102
*From within one of the citys many second storie building Darion had heard all the niose and started to ready all his ammo pearched upon the widow he had a rather good vantage point, Shooting two of the zobies that where still rtying to enter the building he had held for two day, he sat back a second. he said to himself i wish i had some food and more supplies.. darion made the decision to go out and risk it with a shotgun and a Sub-michingun *not many bulltes left* he made his way out and in to the street.

Kohldia
Berina moved with the small group through a building, scanning it once and finding a resonably young man perched on the 6th floor with considerable weaponry, she rose an eyebrow as she walked over to him, "I'm guessing you were left for dead like so many others?" She stated almost icily.

AcrypT
OOC: "Paul started making his way around the store", not being a pain just a miss understanding i went around the store not in the store, i wasn't in the store at any point of my writing yet.

Paul was driven back by amount of zombies and was forced to retreat a long way back and up a fire escape. Then he herd a gunshot "He's alive", was the first thought that came to him but he was too preoccupied with his own well being for the moment to ponder on the thought. There was no threat of them getting up to him but for him to get down seemed hopeless at the moment, he didn't have enough bullets to take them all down and to fight them or run wasn't worth the risk of getting bitten. 'So I camp here tonight', he said to himself and sat with his back against the wall. It was getting steadily darker and it would be wiser to escape in the light of day when he could see better, besides the fact that he was exhausted from the long day that he had had. "Maybe light would bring help with it as well" and he closed his eyes

XornonJay
As Berina talked to the newly found member, Drake walked through the floor, and then from window to window, looking for any sign of zombies. He came back to the group and stood by another window, scanning the street. "This is the safest place were gonna find in a while. Now would be the best time to set up some sort of a plan if we want one. I'm all for barging in, guns blazing, and kill as many as the bastards as possible, but God knows when we'll find more ammo."

/\RK
Ark walked up to Drake with the video camera, "how would you describe the situation here?" ark asked pointing the camera in Drake's face

Trickster
Taking his pistol Corbin walked out into the streets, briefly flashing his badge at a policeman that almost stopped him, and gesturing to the radio.
"Team missing. I'm off to look," Returning the policeman's grim nod, Corbin continued on. Turning the corner he walked down the empty street outside of the camp, ducking into an alleyway when he heard the revving of a jeep. Still walking, he headed out the other end of the alley, searching for Berina. Cocking the pistol, he hoped a zombie would get in his way as he headed to the gunshots he could hear.

XornonJay
Drake looked at Ark out of the corner of his eye. "If you don't get the camera out of my face kid, I'll be more dangerous then the zombies. And to answer your question, take a look out side and answer your own question," Drake said sharply, motioning to the dead human bodies on the ground, just waiting to mutate fully into zombies.

/\RK
Ark still having the camera at Drake, "in your opinion, who do you think did this, and why?" Ark asked

Kohldia
Berina grabbed the camera, spinning it toward her icy facial features, "The Umbrella Corporation and their scientists did all this...they tried to play god, create a better world but instead they created what maybe an Apocolypse. I know all this because I'm one of their experiements...and look how I turned out...not bad but look outside, go on...look...you call all those blood-thirsty zombies a success? I sure as hell dont."

/\RK
Ark took the camera back, "is that why your so angry? caue of what they did to you?" Ark asked Berina

Kohldia
"Its because of what they took from me that I escaped and now trying to save what I can...I'm not all ice you know...I do have a heart." There was some sadness in her voice and eyes before they glazed and her regular expression took hold.

XornonJay
Drake shook his head. "You don't get it do you? Life as we know it has changed and could very well be over in a few hours. Umbrella has all but condemned us all, and what do they do? They run away from their problem. Berina is angry, and so am I, and you should be too. A group of old men and women have striped you of your right to live." After Drake was done talking, he ripped the camera, which had been pointed at him again, out of Arks hands and held it out a window. "Threats don't work, so I'll try this. Ask as many questions as you want, and we'll answer as many as we can, but keep the camera out of our faces, or I will drop it. Got it? The last thing we need on top of zombies is a camera in our face."

/\RK
Ark tripped up Drake and grabbed the camera before drake hit the ground, "you seem to be the only one with the problem" Ark said, stepping back, "and if i dont like some thing of yours, im not going to throw it out a window, your pretty immature for an adult"

Decomposition
Malconin blasted his way through a pack of zombies with his Desert Eagle, taking all ten out with precise headshots. He swung his night vision goggle assisted vision from one end of the street to the other, making sure the street was clear of the monstrosities.
When he was satisfied, he holstered his weapons and heaved the four duffle bags full of ammunition over his shoulder and ran to an abandoned Umbrella Hummer.
He dumped the ammo in the back and jump started the vehicle just a another group of zombies appeared from an alley and started ambling down the street towards him.
Malconin smiled as he pulled on his cut off driving gloves. "fu*k you," he growled and slammed his foot on the accelerator. The Hummer carreened into the zombies, sending the rotting beasts flying in all directions and Malconin let forth a half-maddened laugh.
"Eat shit mother fu*kers!" He screamed as he sped away from the carnage. His vision went cloudy all of a sudden and a sharp pain shot along his arm as his skin literally began to crawl. He lost control of the vehicle and almost slammed into a light post, before managing to wrest the vehicle back under control.
"Damn bastards...what did you do to me?" But as he asked himself the question he already knew how to get an answer. He had to find the one person who thought him dead...he had to find Berina.

/\RK
OOC: Decomposition u can not play unless u have made a character and Kohldia has said it was ok to join.

Decomposition
OOC: She has said it was okay...I talked to her about half an hour ago

/\RK
OOC: ok but post ur bio here so every one else can know about ur character.

Decomposition
OOC: Okay, cool, will do it now

XornonJay
Drake narrowed his eyes at Ark. "I said I would answer questions, but keep the camera out of my face. I don't care how immature you think I am, but you'll listen to me, or you'll get killed. And i promise you, one of them will happen." Drake didn't mind answering the questions, but the camera getting pointed in his face was something he hated. He had made a few mistakes when he was younger when camera's were around, and costed his SEAL Team a casulty, and had grown to hate them with a passion.

Decomposition
OOC: Okay, that's all sorted now, thanks

/\RK
"i dont think i will listen to you, and i dont think not listening to will get me killed" Ark said, then he went to a corner by himself, Ark hated people telling him what to do, and thinking they know better then him because they are older

Decomposition
"God Dammit!" Malconin punched the steering wheel as the Hummer puttered to a halt. He rubbed some grit from the dash displays and cursed when he noticed the fuel guage sitting on empty.
More zombies began to move in his direction, as if they sensed he was in trouble and couldn't wait to get his flesh. He dismissed the thought immediately, the bloody things were mindless beasts, they couldn't know he was in trouble, they just wanted him for a midnight snack. Well, they wouldn't have him.
He lept out of the vehicle and ran to the back and rumaged through one of the duffle bags. He pulled out two granades, pulled the pins with his teeth and ditched them at the two largest groups of zombies. Rotting flesh exploded across the empty street and Malconin could smeel the stench of burning carcass even from the distance he was standing. He shouldered the bags, two on each shoulder, and drew both his Desrt Eagle's.
Gritting his teeth, he picked the smallest group of zombies and began blasting a path through.

/\RK
Ark wanted to leave this house, he hated feeling trapped, even running away from hungry zombies was a little better then waiting for them to corner you

AcrypT
Two explosions woke up Paul, he rubbed his eyes and got up. The zombies were still down there moaning at him, clawing the wall trying to get up to him. 'I could use some grenades', he said to himself. He recognised the explosions as grenades but he was half asleep and couldn't tell how close they were. 'I wonder if anyone will here this', He shot four shots that splattered brains all over the other zombies who didn't seem to mind the fact that four of them were just shot down, "well of course they wouldn't mind, they're brainless corpses", he thought as he watched them step on the fallen bodies which soon disappeared under them.
Paul could still here shots being fired but they echoed off the walls and he couldn't make out where they were coming from or how far away they were. He checked his belt, 'Damn!', his ammunition must have fell as he climbed up here so even if he wanted to drop them one by one it was hopeless. He took out the remaining ammunition from his gun, he only had twelve bullets left and at least three dozen zombies down there waiting for him. "Maybe whoever made those explosions had heard my shots, worst case I wait for morning, someone's bound to notice a group of zombies causing a ca-motion around this freak'n building."
There wasn't much els for him to do, he could barely see thirty feet ahead of him so he was stuck here for now.

XornonJay
Drake saw the hummer break down outside the building, and the two grenades go off. "We have a guy down here Berina. Looks like Umbrella security. Wonder why he's out here? I'm gonna bring him in."
With that, Drake ran through the building and out the front door. Zombies wer instantly walking at him. Why hadn't he seen them all from his window. He quickly brought his m14 to his shoulder and flipped it to automatic, and started clearing a way through the carnage to where he had seen the other guy.

AcrypT
Between the moans from beneath him and the sound of his own breath Paul heard automatic gunfire, the sound was very clear and continues. Straining his hears Paul decided that it wasn't far off, he then realised that he didn't need to spend the night up here after all. He bent down and extracted something the size and shape of a fairly big pen from the side of his boot but it was actually a flare gun. If they were close by then maybe they were looking for him, he pulled down the pin, let it go and it sprung back up shooting the flare out from his hand strait into the air. It set off a dull red glow all around him and stood like a huge bright red star in the sky slowly slowly sinking back down to the ground.
The zombies were unmoved by this fireworks show and were still clawing at the wall. 'Let's see how you'll like my friends', he said aloud, loading his gun so he could help them as much as possible when they arrived...if they arrived.

Trickster
Running out into the open street, Corbin turned and fired, taking down another of the zombies on his tail. Although he wasn't too accurate, they were so closely packed in the alleyway that he couldn't help but hit. He had picked them up a few streets back where they had been attack two children and a mother. Distracting them, Corbin had let them stay with him, telling the victims to get to the base.

Turning back he saw the hummer, and ran towards it,
"Berina! Drake! You here?" He yelled, clambering aboard the vehicle.

Decomposition
Malconin flinched as automatic gun fire flew past him into the rapidly thining pack of zombies ahead of him, but didn't stop shooting until the entire group had fallen. He quickly reloaded and scanned the area with his night vision goggles, then focused his vision on the figure approaching through the darkness.
"You are firing at them, so I take it you are alive...thank god, I was beginning to think I wasn't going to get out of this hell ho-"
He cut himself off as something irritated his night vision and he raised his gaze to the sky. Flicking the goggles up, he saw a red light flaring in the sky, then turned his gaze back to the stranger, "Freind of yours?"

XornonJay
Drake looked up and nodded. "Probably, lets go see whats up" While they made their way towards the flare Drake spoke. "Name's Drake, i'm from the 66 Team. How did you get stuck in Hell?"

Decomposition
"Malconin, former Umbrella Head of Security, supposedly dead," Malconin replied, "and as for how I came to be in hell, I couldn't tell you. Woke up in a little known underground lab belonging to Umbrella only a few hours ago...and I can't remember a damn thing after escaping the hive."

/\RK
OOC: wait im confused, how did Drake meet up with Mal

Decomposition
OOC: He heard gunshots from the building he was in with you and Berina and came looking for me

Decomposition
OOC: No correction, he saw Malconin from the window of the building and went after him...it's written on the previous page somewhere

/\RK
Ark saw Drake leave, and he ran after him, any thing would be better then being cramped in a room

XornonJay
Drake slid a new magazine into his gun. "So you've been screwed by Umbrella too huh? Seems like that makes everyone in Racoon City screwed by 'em." Drake and Malconin turned a corner and saw a group of about 30 zombies clawing at a building. The bastards were stupid, but not that stupid. He looked up and saw Paul sitting on a fire escape. "Well, this needs to be fixed." Drake held the trigger down and emptied his magazine into the zombies head. "Hey Paul. Need some help bud?"

/\RK
Ark ran towards to gun shots, he saw Paul on top of a building with zombies around it, Ark took out his gun, aimed an shot, two zombies fell to the ground with bullets in their heads, but 5 bullets were used

Decomposition
Malconin unloaded seven or eight shots himself and seven zombies dropped under his fire. Between himself, Drake, the kid and the person Drake had called paul, the 30 odd zombies were blown apart in no time.
"Just how many of these bastards are there?" Malconin asked as Paul began to descend the fire escape. "How many of you guys are there alive?"

/\RK
"Berina is at some house, and there a small camp of survivors" Ark said, reloading his gun

XornonJay
"As for the buggers... how many dead people are there in this city? Now, lets say they each bit three people minimum. Do the math, and you have a small view of the number we're facing." Drake was taken about at the thought himself. He reloaded his gun and rolled his head, cracking his neck. "Well, lets get on our way back shall we?"

Decomposition
"Shit," Malconin said. "That's not exactly the thing a man likes to hear at the moment."
The pain chose that moment to sear its way up his arm again and he yelled out dropping to his knees. His eyes widened as his skin along the arm seemed to almost bubble. The pain intensified, but he clamped down on the scream that tried to rip forth.
What the hell is happening to me? he thought as the pain began to subside. What have they done to me?

XornonJay
Drake ripped his Dessert Eagle from its holster and pointed it at Malconin. "Whoa man! Have you been bitten?"

/\RK
"well thats one way to lead a small army of zombies this way" Ark said, looking around to see any zombies

Decomposition
"No," Malconin bit out. "Not bitten. Umbrella...they...they did something to me. I don't know what...my memory is a little hazy after escaping the hive."

/\RK
"escaped or let out?" Ark thought to himself, "yeh we better head back"

XornonJay
Drakes mind instantly raced back to Berina. She had been experimented with. Maybe this was another case like her. "Ok, lets get back, and when we do, our leader may have some answers for you."

((OOC: I got to get to bed, Senior year is kicking my arse, and i was up all night watching the election. Don't get to far without me.))

Decomposition
Malconin nodded. "I hope you are right, Drake. Well, then, lead the way and I'll gladly follow. Anything for some relative safety from these living dead." He spat on a corpse near his feet and shifted the duffle bags into a comfortable position before they all headed off towards his new companions base.

/\RK
Ark put his gun away, and gotout som chips from his back, suddenly Ark felt sick, and there was blood stained on his jacket, and pain came from his arm, could Ark have been bitten, Ark didnt want every one to see, so he slowed down till he was at the back of the group

Decomposition
Malconin's mind wondered as he walked with the three back to their camp. He would stay with them only long enough to rest, he decided, and then he would continue his search for his wife. He needed answers from her and was determined to have them bfore the pain got worse.
If I do find her, he thought, would she even remember me? He slapped the thought from his mind. She was his wife, she thought him dead, of course she would remember something.
He glanced at the group. At least he was in good company. The two older men could obviously handle their weapons easy enough, and the kid was competent enough. He looked at the young man, he seemed worried as he trailed slightly behind the group. Given the situation, malconin could understand why, and thought nothing else of it.

/\RK
Ark pulled up his sleeve, his arm was bleeding, it stung abit, Ark pulled his sleeve back down, he noticed it was ripped, Ark felt a bit woosy, "could i be infected?" Ark asked himself. Ark felt really sad, his family didnt even know what was happening, and his cousins were proberly dead, and the same with his friends.

"whats the hive" Ark asked Mal

Decomposition
Malconin glanced at the boy, but didn't answer immediately. Then he shrugged, realizing that it didn't really matter what he told him now, amongst the carnage.
"The Hive is a top secret underground facility owned by Umbrella Corporation. It was the site of experiments designed to improve human way of life. They created a virus, the T-Virus, if my memory serves correct...that's what re-animated the people here."
"You don't know any of this already?" Malconin asked.

/\RK
"im only 16, and im not a scientist either, how do you expect me to know any thing" Ark said
"where is the hive located, cause if its far, how did you get here" Ark asked

Decomposition
"I woke in another lab. Not many people know of it, and it's only small, something Umbrella used a minimum amount of its budget to maintain."
He shook one of the bags to make its content rattle. "Thats where I picked up this ammo. There's lots more there too, as well as Umbrella Security armour and what not...I couldn't carry it all though."
Malconin sighed. "If you don't know much about Umbrella, then you won't know my wife. I could be searching for ever and not find her. Hell, for all I know she might be dead."

/\RK
Ark had a feeling he knew where the hive was, but did it contain the anti-virus, was Ark's main question, Ark had to find it, he didnt want to become a zombie, Ark didnt know if he was infected or not, but he didnt want to take any chances

Decomposition
Malconin watched the boy closely. Several emotions seemed to play across his face. Malconin noticed fear, hell, he was scared enough himself.
"What are you thinking?" He asked at last.

BlackC@t
OOC: Boy you guys sure right a lot in two days! I really couldn't be bothered reading every single post, where are we and whats happened?

Jade held her gun steady, she was beginning to feel her courage rekindle back inside of her, she had become the strong warrior she had been when she escaped the dreaded Racoon City. A small grin of determination was spread over her face. But what kept her down a little was what she had done...

AcrypT
Paul didn't even have to shoot one bullet, Ark, Drake and the new guy were more than capable of dealing with a few zombies on their own and on any normal day so would he but it's better to play safe some times than to be a hero and not live to tell what for. He watched the stranger and ark talking, they fell behind as they talked. Paul approached Drake in the darkness, 'I thought Ark was dead, I heard gunfire but I couldn't find him when I came by a camera shop, I was driven back by these dam corpses, thanks for getting me outa that tight spot.' Paul looked over his shoulder, 'Who's the new guy?'
Paul looked back once more at the stranger, he had a very significant scar, it looked like someone tried to cut his head in half and was nearly successful, Paul made a mental mark to ask him about it when they arrived at camp.

OOC: I won't be around today same as yesterday so i'll probably missing out on some events. I'd apreciate it if you wrote that I at least went allong with you guys...thanks.

/\RK
"what are we going to do?" Ark said, "i mean we just cant sit here and wait, what if Umbrella is planning another cover up?"

Decomposition
Malconin raised an eyebrow "Cover up? I take it Umbrella hasn't been idle since the incident at the hive? Well, whatever, they are not going to get away with this. They screwed my team over when we went into the hive, I won't let them get away with destroying a whole city, and possibly more, like this."
He paused as he looked at the boy. "We can stop all this, If we can find the anti-virus." He didn't mention aloud that he had noticed the blood staining the boys arm

/\RK
OOC: doesnt this take place after the second movie, and if u have seent he second movie u would know that umbrella blew up raccon city, and said a nuclear re-actor had a meltdown.

"is the anti-virus at the hive" Ark asked

Decomposition
OOC: Yes, it does take place after the second movie....but Malconin has no memory as to what happened after the hive, as Umbrella has done something to him and he has only just woken up.

/\RK
OOC: ok, continue

Decomposition
Malconin shrugged. "It's where the virus came from originally, where it all began. It's pretty safe to assume we will find the anti-virus there. Though, it won't be a pleasant experience going back in there."

/\RK
"well i dont think we should all go, because the rest of the team might leave the bass looking for us, then we would have less survivors and more zombies" Ark said

Decomposition
Malconin frowned. "I can't go anyway. After I've rested at your base I must continue to search for my wife." He paused, "What's your name anyway, kid? I can't keep thinking of you as kid, or boy or...whatever."

/\RK
"its Ark, could you point to the direction of the hive" Ark asked

Decomposition
Malconin frowned and scratched his head, searching through his memories. "Hospital, I think...though, it doesn't matter in any case, for there is a second entrance that no one alive in this city would know about." He smiled, "And hopefully that nothing dead knows about."

/\RK
"could you tell me" Ark asked

Decomposition
Malconin narrowed his eyes at Ark. "I know why you want to go," he said carefully, after a time, eyeing Ark's arm. "If I tell you, you must promise me you won't go alone. There's no telling what's waiting down there in the hive. Swear to me now."

/\RK
"i promise" Ark said, "i promise i wont go alone"

Decomposition
Malconin eyed Ark carefully trying to guage whether he was lying or not, but the young man gave nothing away. "Very well," he leaned in close and spoke more quietly. "The lab that I woke up in is located under a catholic church at the southern end of the city, across the road from a large shopping mall. There is a hatch underneath a weapons locker in Storage Room C. The hatch leads to another hatch that opens into the roof of the Hive. An access ladder will get you to the floor."

/\RK
Ark listened carfully, "thanx, do you have anyidea where the anti-virus should be?" ark asked

Decomposition
Malconin shook his head. "Can't help you there, my young friend. I had those dead mongrels on my tail the whole time, and I was more interested in finding my crew and getting the hell out of there. There's a lot of labs down there, it could be anywhere."

AcrypT
OOC:YaY no work today! I'm going to assume Drake answered my question and go on.

Paul's curiosity got the best of him, Ark and Malconin seemed to be in the middle of an important conversation and Paul wanted to know a bit about Malconin. 'Drake keep an eye open I'm going to introduce myself', Paul turned unnoticed by the two and took a few paces towards them, he just caught a few words, "promise me you won't go alone."
He pretended like he hadn't heard the words, 'I didn't get a chance to thank you for helping me out back there. I'm Paul Bakster a member of the 66 team', Paul held out his hand to Malconin.

Decomposition
Malconin turned his attention from Ark and accepted the outheld hand. "Malconin Valious, Former Head of Umbrella Security. And don't think anything of it, I'd have helped anyone that was alive."

/\RK
"thats sorta what Berina said to me" Ark said

Decomposition
OOC: Just pretend my last thread is below Arks last one...or Arks last one is above AcrypT's...whatever works best

AcrypT
'Anybody alive in a place like this must have a story, what's yours?', Paul asked eyeing his scar.

Decomposition
Malconin was quiet a while, then decided that if he was to trust these people, and they him, he would have to tell all.
"I was Head of Security at the time of the accident in the Hive," he replied. "I led a unit in, my wife, Berina Valious, was my second in command at the time. When the dead started to re-animate we struggled to stay together. I got seperated from the group early, fell down something and injured my leg. I don't know what happened to the others, I tried to find them, but I was injured and soon decided to try and escape."
He shook his head. "I got out before they sealed it, but was met by Umbrella staff in Haz-Chem suits before I had moved ten feet. I tried to tell them what happened, but something stabbed me in the side of the neck...that's last thing I remember before waking up only a few hours ago. I was looking for my wife when Drake found me."

/\RK
"Berina!" Ark said, "she is the one leading the survivors"

Decomposition
Malconin's head snapped to Ark. Without thinking, he grabbed him by the shoulders. "What did you just say?!...You know Berina?"

AcrypT
'Brina is the team leader, she's back at headquaters as far as I know', Paul said interupting the two.
'What's she to you?', Paul asked looking susiciosly at Malconin. There was somthing about his story, it just seemed wrong, nothing good would come from this.

/\RK
"she is his wife, dont you listen" Ark told Paul

Decomposition
"She would think me dead," Malconin told them. "I found my death certificate in a box in the facility I woke up in. I must speak to her...she was in the Hive, she might have some idea as to what is happening to me."

AcrypT
Paul turned a bit red in the face, he heard what Malconin had said but it just didn't register in his brain till now. 'Well now that I've gone and made an ass out of myself I think I'll leave you two to whatever it was you were talking about.'
Paul jogged a few paces ahead till he was out of earshot.

Decomposition
Malconin stared after Paul for a moment, then turned his gaze back to Ark. "If my wife is at this base, then I will be able to speak with her and accompany you into the Hive. Remember, you promised not to go in alone. Promise me you will wait until I can accompany you. I hate to brag, but I can use these," he patted his Desert Eagle's, " better than you can."

/\RK
"hey im not useless, i just learnt how to use a gun, but im the top im my martial arts class" Ark said, "but Berina is at this building we were in, after every one went looking for me"

Decomposition
Malconin raised a brow and grabbed Ark's jacket, dropping off his pace and letting Drake and Paul walk further away from them.
He spoke softly "I must speak with her. Can you take me there now?"

/\RK
"i think that is where we are going now" Ark said, "i cant really remember the way"

Decomposition
Malconin nodded and relaxed. "Sorry," he apologized. "I'm just a little tense. Overwhelmed, I guess, to find Berina is alive and within reach. I suppose I should trust everyone here, eh? Given that they are the only ones who aren't walking dead."

Peeves-04
john woke up in the police station with his rifle and 2 hand guns loaded and ready"wots happend here"

MornGlory
I just liked Michelle Rodriquez in the first Resident Evil movie - didnt bother with the second movie

Decomposition
OOC: Okay people, first of all, Peeves-04, you need to get the permission of Kohldia before you can join...and MornGlory, this is an RPG not a place for random comments such as yours above...dont mean to bit*h, but we are trying to role play here

MornGlory
yea i figured that out afterwards

Kohldia
Berina was back at HQ with Jade and her medic, she'd taken a little slip and gotten too frustrated, allowing her 2IC lead the team back. She took a left then right hook at the bag infront of her, swinging a kick around and wincing a little as the bag burst under her force. She looked to the side as her 2IC entered along with the rest of the team, Ark approached her, "You may wanna go outside, a guy's waiting for you."
Berina arched an eyebrow, taking her gloves off and mopping herself with a towel as she lifted the curtain her feautres melted, if it had been a little lighter you'd swear a tear rolled down her cheek.

Decomposition
Malconin froze at the sight of Berina and his heart thudded so fast he thought it was going to tear out of his chest. His eyes watered, but he focused and held back the tears, not wanting to appear weak in front of her.
He'd finally found her. After surviving hell, dreaming about hell and then walking into hell thrice over, he'd found her. At that moment, nothing mattered. Not The ruined city, not the zombies, and certainly not those who stood by waiting for a reaction of any kind.
"Berina," he whispered before losing the tight reign on his emotions, he let the tears flow.

Kohldia
Berina let two or three tears flow freely, "You're not dead...oh god you're alive..." She said almost solemly, heaving a sigh and stepping toward him, searching over him as if to try and find out if it were a dream, reaching forward and actually touching her palm to his cheek, she gasped, almost sobbing, "Oh you're alive...Mal...oh god..." She hugged him close, feeling as if her heart would burst at any second.

Decomposition
Malconin held her tight, afraid that if he let her go he might lose her again.
"Alive and kicking," he choked out. After a long moment he held her out at arms length. "I never thought to see your beautiful face again. After the Hive...God, but I prayed you had survived, and, it seems that even in hell, god answered my prayers."

Kohldia
"God and the Hive have got nothing to do with this...you know as well as I do nothing could break me...not even losing you, which by the way saw me a few months in the apartment alone and literally in the dark." she straightened a little, wiping a developing tear, "I have people to protect, they look to me for guidance and strength...to tell you the truth, that's all I had left up until now."

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>