Revelations!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trickster
I have been reading LOTR for the fifth time recently. In between TTT and ROTK I decided to take a quick break and read HP and the GOF(harry potter and the gobllet of fire). I was about halfway through when a revelation came across me. Harry Potter was a deep, philisophical epic. Then another appeared unbidden. LOTR is SHALLOW!!!!!!!!

I mean, think about it! Soon you will join me and how I think!

PippinTook
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!?!!? mad Haven't we had a descussion about LOTR being "shallow" before? I think we have. *mumbles to self....stupid idiots....arggg*

sauron
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!

HES RIGHT!!!!!!

TELL ME MORE MY INTELLECTUAL SUPERIOR!!!!!!!

Exa
Have already heard things more funny but hardly anything more ridiculous.

sauron
(pppssssttttt) i dont really believe him....im going undercover....but shhhhh

im hunting potter!

PippinTook
Hahaha, alright sauron roll eyes (sarcastic) (undercover sauron stick out tongue *mission: impossible theme song* dun...dun...dun dun, dun...dun...dun dun...*looks around suspiciously, holding hands up resembling a gun while humming the mission: impossible song*)

Trickster
What? You dare to argue with my intellectual superiority?! i shalt give you three reasons why LOTR is shallow!

1. There are no black people or people of another ethnic origin other than caucasians in the entire book.
2. Tolkien seems to have decided to write a book about war, and nothing else. It is a pro-war book, whereas HP is anti-racism
3. Eagles can't talk.

Exa
stick out tongue

1 - there ARE. At least "dark" people... that were not against the Eldar and the Valar. In Bree also several people seem to have had dark skin. The Wild Men as far as I remember also didnt have white skin and they even supported Minas Tirith/Rohan.
2 - why then should Tolkien have ended the book with Aragorn making peace with all other peoples - the Southrons, the Easterlings and everybody else? Tolkien was always against war.
3 - they can how would you know that they cant? And, yah, do I have to mention that serpents can talk as little as eagles in your eyes if you dont understand their tongue which is far more ridiculous than eagles? What would the world be without fantasy? And, by the way, Tolkien at least explains most of the surreal things

PippinTook
Yes, I dare to argue with your "intellectual superiority."

Dude, it's fiction. Eagles can talk in fiction books roll eyes (sarcastic) Like Exa said, there are black (or dark skinned) people. Are there any in HP? I forgot....confused Tolkien based the book on a war (WWII, wasn't it?), but it's not all about a war. Sure, it's a war with Sauron against Middle-Earth, but there's a lot more. It shows the friendship of all the characters (ex: Frodo and Sam, Merry and Pippin, etc.). Also, it's the destruction of the Ring (duh). It's about what everyone had to go through all because of "so small a thing" (Boromir's line roll eyes (sarcastic) ) It's not just about war or whatever.....To end this: Whatever anyone says, LOTR is not shallow. Alrighties, I gotta go. DEFEND OUR PEOPLE, SAURON!!! We're counting on you!!! big grin (undercover sauron laughing out loud )

sauron
does forward roll *dun dun dun dun dun dun* hears melkors voice 'yuour mission, if you choose to accept it, is to take down the wizard threat of harry potter....no be careful agent...this aint no ordinary wizard..this is the boy who lived.....over and out...good luck!'

*closes door to room*

sauron: POTTER!!!!!

potter: lumos!

*crashes bangs and lights sound off*

sauron: i AM a police officer you know

potter: accio ron!

ron: bloody hell! *runs out*

*big band....a thud,,,,,and the door opens*

the threat is gone...carry on people

PippinTook
Yes, that is true, Exa stick out tongue How do you know eagles can't talk, Trickster? Just because you haven't actually heard them speak any words in our language, does not mean that they can't talk. Can babies talk? Sure, just not in a way we can understand. What about Chinese people? Of course, just not in English (well, unless you can speak Chinese, but, you know). Do Eagles talk? Most definately! We just aren't intelligent enough to understand their complex languages roll eyes (sarcastic)

So simple, Trickster! laughing out loud

Oh, that is brilliant, sauron! laughing I love the picture! stick out tongue

Trickster
Dudes! Accept I'm right! There are black people in LOTR, and they are not discriminated against. It is related to racism because of the tension between muggles and wizards.

The peace thing, you can't end a book with war, it just wouldn't be a good ending! He just did it to make sure it sold well.

Exa
laughing laughing laughing laughing

omg LOL thats brilliant... great pic big grin

@pip thats exactly what I meant big grin

But, hm, Tolkien always said his books werent based on any war though there are obvious influences of his own experiences in WWI+II.

sauron
the somme was the dead marshes.......

dude muggles and wizards are the racism part??? draco is always having a go at muggles....and jk says hes not a bad guy in the books....so the good guy is being racist.......

LegolasLover411
Trickster!!!!!! What kind of bull is this???????

sauron
i have already cuffed you...your defeated....

closing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.