Opening crawl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
I did a search and came up empty, so if someone knows of this being covered before please post the link and I'll pm Ush to move.

I picked this up off one of the other boards I frequent. Supposedly it is in one of the OS diaries. Real or not its very cool.

EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH

For three years the great Clone War
has ravaged the galaxy. Starvation and
misery stalk countless worlds.

Although near defeat, Count Dooku
and his Confederacy of Independent
Systems have masterminded the capture
of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine.

With the mighty Armada of the Republic
behind them, Jedi Knights Obi-Wan Kenobi
and Anakin Skywalker pursue Dooku and
his sinister agents across the galaxy...

Clai Keboa
hmmm..... "pursue ____ and
his sinister agents across the galaxy..." sounds familar. I think i've seen this somewhere else, maybe a SW game.

Roll on Nov 4th

Ripe
sounds quite authentic to me

Clai Keboa
Not sure about that Ripe. I think it's a guess at the opening crawl

PVS
no, its a fake.
"sinister agents" was already used and they would not repeat it.
its a revamped version of an older fanmade crawl.

well worded though

Jedi Priestess
then why is it at hyperspace?

PVS
WHA WHA WHAT!?!?!?!?

you are SURE this came off of HS?

Jedi Priestess
its from a HS diary stick out tongue

I will make you a deal. If it turns out to be legit you have to burn that av and never use that image again! laughing

PVS

<---- 2 sexy 4 U stick out tongue

I'll believe it when i see it on the movie screen stick out tongue

if it IS authentic, its been out for a while

jedijunky1138
JP I just ran a search on HS and couldn't come up with anything, Which Set Diary did it come from?

Jedi Priestess
I edited

not sure JJ I'll have to ask the source on the board I got it from. Did you search all the diaries?

LandoSpeeder
ht*p://www,nightly,net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=001784;p=0

jedijunky1138
Lando that is not Hyper Space.

LandoSpeeder
no but its basically what JP said.

Jedi Priestess
that is NOT the board I got it from. I got it from Yavin 4

LandoSpeeder
and this was posted on 10-01-2004 03:02 PM

LandoSpeeder
well it is slightly different.

Jedi Priestess
So whats your point? Look people I made it clear that I wasnt sure if it was authentic, or can ya not read? I didnt say, "Is this real?" I said I found this and that I thought it was cool real or not.

LandoSpeeder
Ok then...NOT!

Jedi Priestess
Well I like it.

LandoSpeeder
well it's way to short.

jedijunky1138
Dude you need to learn when to give up. JP has a valid point she wanted to point out. You were just complicating things with your links.

Jedi Priestess

PVS

Jedi Priestess
I cant find the one for ROTJ sad

LandoSpeeder
Ok maybe it is long enough but it doesn't seem like Lucas would let that get out on the web.

Jedi Priestess
LANDO FOR THE 10TH TIME

go back and read what I said. I NEVER said it was authentic. only that it was COOL!

Jedi Priestess
ya got that now?

LandoSpeeder
well I know that I read somewhere that Lucas said that the opening crawl for episode III will be based off of the clone wars cartoon but I've never watched the cartoon.

Jedi Priestess
giljotiini

LandoSpeeder
woops sory. Not meaning to make it soun that way.

PVS
laughing out loud JP

JKozzy
Me too yes

PVS
wish granted....for now stick out tongue

Darth_Decimator
that sounds cool JP , only thing that makes me doubt it is that that tool super retard (shadow as if you all didnt know stick out tongue) has the same thing in his "official" script , but i guess by now he has probably found the real deal himself and just stolen it , as he does

theshakl
i dont' think it will say "for 3 years" cause ..you know...there are no "years" in Star Wars..u know what i mean....oh wait...yes there are......
yoda says his age doesn't he....

but have they ever used "years" in the opening crawl? i am not sure

Darth_Decimator
dont think so ..... could be wrong tho

Jedi Priestess
Here ya go kids........the latest, validity is unclear

STAR WARS

EPISODE III

REVENGE OF THE SITH

It has been 3 long years, and the Clone Wars finally draw near an end. Misery and starvation stalk countless words.

As the final engagement of opposing forces eclipses, CHANCELLOR PALPATINE has been captured by Separatist Leader Count Dooku and the mysterious new Droid General GRIEVOUS above Coruscant.

Meanwhile, the Republic makes it final strike as ANAKIN SKYWALKER now a Jedi Knight and his former master General OBI WAN KENOBI lead a Jedi fleet against the Confederacy to rescue the Chancellor, end the conflict and restore justice and order to the Galaxy....

cornponious
See, i don't like this, absolutely not. In ANH, Vader says to Obi-Wan:

"When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the Master."

THIS DOESN'T WORK!!!! If Anakin is no loner a Padawan "LEARNER" in ROTS, then that line from ANH DOES NOT WORK, PERIOD.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Why does he have to put so many plot holes into it??

cornponious

PVS
i think its fake.
something about the wording.
like "ANAKIN SKYWALKER now a Jedi Knight and his former master General OBI WAN KENOBI"... the opening crawn never really goes into character description, especially a description which is obvious, such as kenobi training anakin. also, the first line "It has been 3 long years" just seems off.

i like the first crawl way better. if it wasnt for the "sinister agents" part, i would have believed that was the one.

Darth Subjekt
yea JP i like this one better, except the part, "and his former master" i know youre not saying its definitly real.....but that doesnt sound lke something that would be in the SW opening crawl. But its vey cool none-the-less thumb up yes thumb up rock thumb up Happy Dance

.:Space Opera:.
it seems too short to me. three years sounds about right. i remember hearing an interview with the costume designer? i dont remember ho it was but supposedly the next movie plays out in real time as if the clone wars have been happening this whole time while waiting for ep. 3 (three years) so thats what i belive, the clone wars are happening right now!

mtryder
True, but maybe Vader meant that in a slightly less literal sense? Because hasn't it been stated that his feathers will be ruffled over the fact that he hasn't been made a Master? Maybe learning is a more relative thing.

yeah i think it was just one of thos sadistic jokes saying 'HA! you taught me now im gonna teach you dickhole!'

peluffo
I don't agree with the "3 years" line. It just don't fit. There is no other "year" time reference on the movies, and they never talk about time periods between movies

Jedi Priestess

Sith Master X
Yay, you quoted yourself! eek!

Milosz006
It's too short to be real, check Episode I and II crawls. JP, what were you thinking?

peluffo
Yeah, we already read that.
Even if it is not legit, it has some points that can be refused.
This is a disscussion forum, so, we can speak about what you've posted.

bilbofett
*steps back away from Milosz006 as JP reads his post*

Jedi Priestess
Hey what can I say, I never said it was real only that it was the latest. wink

she's right you know...

PVS
as i said before, i really like the first opening crawl
JP posted...with exception to one line...

EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH

---------------------------------------------------------------
^^^^
this is great imho.
in fact, i think its perfect

and Anakin Skywalker pursue Dooku and
his sinister agents across the galaxy...
this i dont like. i can see "With the mighty Armada of the Republic
and Anakin Skywalker....." but the rest i dont like.

the opening crawl sets the stage for the opening scene. this crawl is vague toward the end. i think it will make a direct reference to the battle over coroscant. i would like to complete it, but have no idea how to word it...any thoughts?

how about: "the jedi council has sent the jedi knights to pusue the seperatist leader and free the imprisoned chancellor..."

but worded a little differently

PVS

and Anakin Skywalker seek to rescue the
imprisoned chancelor and restore order
throughout the galaxy.

ok, its still off...but i like the last line as it would just
add to the irony. as far as the "three years" reference,
i can see it happening. no reference has ever been made
of time in the opening crawls, but there was no need for it before.
in the case of an ongoing war, i think it would be apropriate to
fill the audience in an how long the war has taken place since we
saw it begin in ep2

ArthasKnight
I like the very first crawl posted, I think it makes the most sense. I don't like the whole talk of Anakin and Obi-Wan, but then again I'm not big on the sinister agents. it may create confusion with A New Hope. But still, I like the first crawl best.

Stunrun
The first paragraph usually explains what has became from the last episode, the second paragraph usually explains the events that are about to, or could happen in the movie, and the last paragraph usually explains the opening scene. So if u plan the scroll from those sources, u just might get the perfect scrollsmile

Morridini
I got this from someone I know, what do u think of it?

THE CLONE WARS have all but devastated the populated galaxy. A separatist movement, commandeering worlds once held by the Count Dooku, has begun a final push towards the core systems and towards igniting a rebellion of unknown proportions

Grievious, a feared warrior general and sworn objector to the Jedi Order, has kidnapped the supreme chancellor, Palpatine, in a statement of defiance towards their perceived enemy

With little time amidst a battle to secure the trade-ways of peace forever, two Jedi knights pilot tri-wing defense crafts towards their fallen leader...

Some of it sounds good, but then there's the part about Grevious capturing Palps, while we know it's Dooku who does it. But might some of it be real?

Morridini
I also got this one from him:

STAR WARS
Episode III
REVENGE OF THE SITH

THE CLONE WARS have all but devastated the populated galaxy. A separatist movement, commandeering worlds once sought by the general Grievious, has begun a final push towards the core systems and igniting a rebellion of unknown proportions

Dooku, now fearful of his dying cause and sworn objector to the Jedi Order, has kidnapped the supreme chancellor, Palpatine, in a statement of defiance towards his perceived enemy

With little time amidst a battle to secure the trade-ways of peace forever, two Jedi knights pilot tri-wing defense crafts towards their fallen leader...

Now he says that the first one I posted wasn't the one he meant was the right one. I just wish he had said it before the 15minute limit had expired.

Xam
its good...but like you said some of it sounds...well...not too good.

theshakl
have they ever used years in opening crawls??? like do they say, "Ten years have passed since..______"

PVS
they never used it because it was never relevant to the plot.
between eps 2 & 3, the galaxy turns from peaceful to a hellhole in
the span of three years. i think that is worth explaining.

peluffo

i bet that the word blood will be used in the real crawl to portray darkness, like:

"the blood of many jedi knights has been spilled in the terror that has ravaged the galaxy blah blah blah"

Jedi_Emulator
Ok youre all wrong: this just from the OS

War! The Republic is crumbling
under attacks by the ruthless
Sith Lord, Count Dooku.
There are heroes on both sides.
Evil is everywhere.

In a stunning move, the
fiendish droid leader, General
Grievous, has swept into the
Republic capital and kidnapped
Chancellor Palpatine, leader of
the Galactic Senate.

As the Seperatist Droid Army
attempts to flee the besieged
capital with their valuable
hostage, two Jedi Knights lead a
desperate mission to rescue the
captive Chancellor....

That's it, no questions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.