What women want...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Goldeneye
Guys can answer these too...Don't be shy... Let's see just how many "playas" we have. smokin'

silver_tears
respect

wuTa
that movie sucks

Goldeneye
How bout poetry? I read girls poetry before and they loved it...wonder why it's magic?...Anyway...what else?

BadKitty
privacy!
I can't stand people in my business 24hrs a day...men and women sometimes need their space and their partners sometimes don't have a clue about that and act like it's there right to know every little thing their girlfriend or boyfriends are doing.

it's a sure fire way to end a relationship in my eyes.

mc pee pants
that's easy... everything.

Mane
pleasure naughty

mc pee pants
doublemint gum... 'cause it's double the pleasure naughty naughty

Syren
Hmmm, money, respect, shoes, jewellery, a flashy car, lotsa good sex, more shoes, more jewellery, a nice mansion or two, a yacht in the Bahamas, shoes again, more even better sex and more money. That's all happy

Oh yeah, and poetry wink

furryman
no chocolate?

Mane
no whips? whip2sad

mariamof the be
YO. Me drunk. Women wan t many thingds and it differs greatly.But if u want 2 no what she want ask wat she like. Depends on her. wHAT A DUMB QUESION. Dont no y tapping at this. yo ho ho .. chow me lovelies

Syren
laughing

That be what we don't want. Our guy to come home drunk and prefer to play with the keyboard than us big grin

Syren
*adds whips and chocolate to What I Want list for Mane & Furry's sake*

Arachnoidfreak
*sneaks in and adds Arachnoidfreak to Syren's list*

Mane
laughing AF you big pimp you!!

hunchy
Don Juan reporting here...Woman want a nice, guy who they can trust and who won't break their heart...they usually want them decent looking...despite what type of a girl they are...some care solely on looks. But most of 'em care what's from the heart...they also like romantic guys...

Mane
somehow you dont strike me as a Don Juan no expression

silver_tears
He's right though, for some romance is a must, like moi happy

Silver Stardust
Oh, I am such a hopeless romantic...I'm the whole "princess finding her prince" type embarrasment

What do I want? Respect, trust, privacy, be there for me when I'm upset and be my shoulder to cry on, sweet, funny, smart enough to have an intelligent conversation/debate...oh, and chocolate helps, too happy

silver_tears
OMG me too eek! I love love stories and movies cry

hunchy
I don't mean to boust about myself...but that is what I have been referred to at school as...and by some others. And chatting online doesn't really show you much about me or more looks now does it? But, I guess your entitled to your opinion right.

"somehow you dont strike me as a Don Juan"

D-Double
Good looks, good sex, humor, compliments, and style.

and...uh...a little money never hurts. smile

Lone_Dragon
Ooo!!! Me too!!!!! Wait...I already have all that, in luv Silver_Blaze! love Well, except for the chocolate laughing

Clovie
love, respect, chocolate, fast conection, vodka/martini, a lot of free time, no biology/anatomy, a lot of money, comfy pillow, new hair color, etc.

oh.. and nice hug when i need it cry

Syren
shifty

Hmm, I wonder what that could have been? A tornado? A hurricane? No, it was in fact AF, the guy who has a crush roll eyes (sarcastic)

Syren
Chocolate, comfy pillows and hair dye can be bought from the shop big grin

hug

And there's your hug.

Um, I would give you all my money if I could, go to the Gent's Club hun, free vodka/martini whenever you like, I hereby declare that you shall attend no more biology/anatomy lectures, therefore giving you lots of free time, and I don't know what I can do about the fast connection...... but at least you no longer need a guy to give you all that wink

PS: I will love and respect you for always cry

Evy_O
R-E-S-P-E-C-T eek!

and other stuff... umm... but I'd say what girls MOSTLY want is romance
why is everyone replying personally to a general question confused

Syren
Because most of us are selfish and superficial happy

Evy_O
and a better excuse? eek!

yerssot
you're female, you're superficial by definition stick out tongue

Syren
eek!

There's the better excuse!! It's in our make up big grin

D-Double
whistle *begins to sing like Aretha Franklin*

sock it to me
sock it to me
sock it to me
sock it to me
sock it to me ........
ree...ree...ree...ree...ree...ree...ree...ree...RESPECT!!! eek!
just a little bit
RESPECT!!!....
just a little bit
Happy Dance

yerssot
damn, that was the song I was trying to remember

Clovie
touched

Syren
laughing Told you I never left you doll hug

Clovie
thankie hug

Alpha Centauri
Women want men to know what they want.

Men want women to know what they want.

If women stopped assuming men were psychic and men stopped trying to be pimps, we may establish an understanding.

-AC

Mr Zero
Never met two women who wanted the same thing. Never met two men who wanted the same thing. Generalisation is a dangerous business.

Best you can hope for is to meet someone who wants what you have got.

Syren
clapping

I think I just found two big grin

Arachnoidfreak
*hides*

Anyway, if I knew what women want, I'd be in a relationship. But I don't, won't claim to, and am not. And I'm pretty sure women don't know what they want either. They say one thing...and go out and do another. Though, by some of your descriptions, it seems as if you're calling me out by name. Too bad the girls I meet are nothing like you.(by "you", I mean all of the women).

Aqua
just because im the older, sexier, immature, smarter, and loved most doesnt mean u have to steal my ideas of what I want mad

or i just have taught u well sista happy

eek!

Syren
Oh, hell no. You know you mean me and only me diva

And I know exactly what I want, it's just not something I can put into words, in fact, I doubt there are words deep enough, meaningful enough or strong enough to express what I'm looking for. When I find it (or it finds me), I'll know. Simple.

Alpha Centauri
"I think I just found two"

If I didn't know you better I'd swear you were hitting on me Syren you......siren.

wink

-AC

Syren
Well, duh happy

Thorondor
*is already on syrens list stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Syren has a legion of fans so it seems. Hehehe.

I'll change my earlier post.

What men want: Syren.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
shifty

I was just making a generalization. Most, if not all, of the women I actually meet, really don't know what it is they want. Then they expect me(or another guy) to do things that they want, without them telling me what it is they want. I'm not a mind-reader.

I understand that somethimes it's something you can't explain well, but I'm sure there are words for it. Like "love". Which I think has lost most of it's pizzaz over the years. That word is usually not held as highly as it used to be, or as highly as it should be.

Syren
Exactly, I couldn't seriously sit here and post "I'm looking for love" because I would feel as if I'm sitting in a bubble wearing rose coloured shades. It's a crying shame, love isn't what it used to be.

Syren
Mhmm, you know it suga diva

Alpha Centauri
Someone's going the right way for a smacked bottom.

Wait....you actually are a siren. How have you automatically pulled me into flirting with you? Hehehe.

I guess you're just off the chart with your sirenisms.

-AC

Mr Zero
Actually I have a theory that is that love never was what we assume it used to be (grand passionate eternal rose tinted etc) that was a product of a repressed societies ideal: The truth was a lot mor pedestrian and no doubt a huge disappointment.

Howeva - It's BECOMING what we always assumed it was - as society gets more open: We have a model for what we want, and we are in the process of inventing it.

its just a theory

Alpha Centauri
Mr.Zero did something insanely clever there....

Waiting to see if it works.

-AC

Syren
You think love is becoming it's 'real self'? *goes to ponder theory*

Mr Zero
ME TOO!!!!

Especially since I dunno what i did.

Alpha Centauri
Basically I agree with Zero.

We've gone so far off the rails with love and the idea of what it is/should be that we're actually getting back on track again.

-AC

Syren
*pondered already*

I think I like that way of thinking, as society's mind opens, so the surface becomes more than just scratched. Things can breathe, so to speak and reality is shining through. Love never has been all flowers and candy, but raw, animalistic and repressed. Time to free the passion people wink

Alpha Centauri
Syren is already on it hahahaha. Like a cat.

Syren! You've needed an excuse to free the passion and let me say I'd do anything to you. I mean I'd do anything for you. So let me know if I can help smile.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
*opens his locked box of passion*

Shit! It's getting away!

Alpha Centauri
YOU FOOL! WRONG BOX!!!! THAT WAS THE RAGE-AHOL!!!! WE'RE DOOMED!

-AC

Syren
I'm always on it wink

And AF, open as many boxes as you like, the female of the species already opened the worst one big grin But, she released hope, so it ain't such a bad thing.

Tkdgurl
amen to that!

Alpha Centauri
Well, respect I have given you. You can wear my old shoes. Jewellery I can do, money if needed.

As for the sex.......you see where I'm going.

I seriously write poems though.

For those of you not worked it out, I am trying to get into Syren's digi-pants.

-AC

Syren
*peeks in pants*

Looks like you're in. You write poetry? I have a thread for exactly that, in the Artwork forum. Check it out big grin

Arachnoidfreak
ahhh crap! I guess there's only one thing left to do. Let's sing the Doom Song!

doomdoom doomdoom doom doomdoomdoom doom doomdoom doomdoomdoom doomdoomdoom doomdoomdoom doom doomdoom doom doomdoom doomdoom doom doom doomdoom doomdoomdoom doomdoomdoom doom doomdoom doomdoomdoom doomdoom doom doom doomdoom doomdoomdoom doomdoomdoom doomdoom doom doomdoom doom doomdoom doom doomdoom doom doom doomdoom doom doomdoom doomdoomdoom doomdoomdoom doomdoomdoom doomdoomdoom doomdoomdoom doom

Syren
laughing

Those freakin' dodos from Ice Age!!! rolling on floor laughing

Arachnoidfreak
uhhh what? That's Gir from Invader Zim. The dodos were funny too though.

MC Mike
no I continually see girls saying they want money, money, money.

I never look for money in a girl. I don't want a shallow person that wants material goods. thumb down

finti
money would be a great extra though

Alpha Centauri
I think Syren said it in jest.

I think what she meant was money to be able to live comfortably with some indulgence on the side. Not necessarily filthy rich where she can't live without it.

She doesn't strike me as a moron.

-AC

finti
still wouldnt lie down and refuse just because she was loaded

Mr Zero
Thats such a great gir pic I might even use it as my av...

Arachnoidfreak
You should yes

hunchy
Different girls like different things about guys...but I can tell you that they ALL look for someone who they can trust, who won't break their heart...and usually makes them laugh.

Clovie
it wasn't what we want from a guy, it was what we want generally erm

yerssot
if you're refering to Pandora's Box, ... that's still a bad thing

the world was perfectly happy and everything went well until she had to be the curious @$$ and open the box, releasing all kinds of terror... it was Hope that made men not kill women for stupidity

and please, this is not to be taken serious

Clovie
why did god made man at first?

coz he wanted to start from nothing.

not to be taken seriously.

pandora didn't open the box, that guy did it, it was promethos (sp?) brother.

yerssot
no, he got the box from the gods, if memory serves. She opened it

Arachnoidfreak
Pandora opened the box. http://www.bulfinch.org/fables/bull2.html

Clovie
she broth it with her from gods.
but she wasn't able to open it

yerssot
check that link of arachnoidfreak, clovie, to freshion up your memory

Clovie
i don't agree with that site.

i know different version and since i like it more i'm staying with it.

yerssot
yeah,... I also know a version where it says that women should worship me, but that version is also only known to one person stick out tongue

Clovie
i know that one eek!

and i'll find you the right version of the pandora's story stick out tongue

Arachnoidfreak
The right version is that Pandora opened the box. It wouldn't be called "Pandora's Box" if Pandora didn't open it. You don't have to believe it, but it's fact. That's the way the story was written.

yerssot
I'm sorry, but a version where someone else of the different sex opens it... that's not a "new version" that's a "new story" messed

Clovie
bag i've checked.

*hides* you were right cry

Arachnoidfreak
Oh my god!

hug Someone that admitted when they were wrong! I love you Clovie.

Clovie
why should i stick to the wrong version, when i knew i'm the mistaken one confused

yerssot
you could have put on a sharade to hide it wink

NyC-gUrL
so true droolio

Syren
I opened a whole can of worms with that Pandora's Box comment, didn't I? What is it with women and openable (I don't even know if that's a word) items??

yerssot
*checks to see if KMC still uses the PG-13 rating*

Syren
miffed You wouldn't make me remove my sig. Would you? cry

yerssot
I was refering to my answer about a part of your post:

Syren
embarrasment I wasn't so sure I was even correct after I posted, soz ninja

Jackie Malfoy
Wait a second.Are we talking about the movie or is this what woman really want from a man?Anyway to answear the second question repect is a thing I would like to get from man.
Respect to say no wait till we get married and not get presured into doing something I don't want to do.That is what I feel is what woman want.
Am I right ladies?JM

Syren
Yep, yep, no pressure. Pressure not good. Unless you are into that type of thing, in which case pressure is necessary whistle

And I think we're talking about what women want in general, not just from the opposite sex wink

yerssot
hmmm, there was this story... old one...forgot which one... twas about someone going on a queeste to search what women want blink

Syren
I have no idea what you mean, so I can't help. This is a pointless post happy

yerssot
can't find it damnit

ETK
What women want? Women want to be treated as equals to their male counterparts. Romance, trust, the touch of a man who is gentle (unless the woman prefers another woman).

Women are not as complex as men think. Or are they?

Syren
Excuse me, but are you actually implying that we are lower than men? That what we really want is for men to allow us to rise to their level? As far as I am concerned, being treated equally would constitute us women dropping a league or ten. Not gonna happen bud.

I am sorry, rampaging menstrual cycle wink

yerssot
ow, I got it... Halewyn ... date, place and author unknown happy

ETK
I meant no ill will, I simply think women should be treated as fairly as men. In respect, pay, etc.

For the record, women must be better, they live longer.

Syren
OK, you officially rock wink

wuTa
what do women want?

my body eek!

Alpha Centauri
Well, no disrespect to females but biologically and physically, males are more durable and stronger than females. Genetically. It happens throughout the animal kingdom also. Male=Provider Female=Guardian.

However, I believe this:

I'm in the company of women alot (not trying to sound like a mack, females just enjoy my company) and I've noticed some very strange differences in them. I always hold open doors, pull out chairs etc, out of courtesy.

One lady said "You think a woman can't open her own door? God...". So ok, my other friend I let open the door alone..."Jeez. YOU'RE a real gentleman aren't you?". Some women have vastly different ideas of what equality is to other women. Some women believe it's doing everything themselves and not being hassled for it, not being made to feel that they have to have stuff done for them coz they're weak. Others believe that equality is all that girl power, charlies angels, "lets just be female versions of the men and have them not moan" equality.

The way I see it, I don't believe it total equality because we're not all totally equal. No one-brain celled idiot working in McDonalds is equal to me nor will I ever give him that credit. However, if a female is applying for a job that she can do just as well as the man can, then they should be reviewed equally. Construction site work will obviously more likely go to the man. Office jobs etc are more likely to be equal. To be fair, I think it's shit the way some men ask women for "favours" to get a job. But then those women are forfeiting their right to complain by going ahead with it (no pun intended).

I admire women for what they are and I've always found myself getting along with them in a much more interesting friendship/otherwise relationship with them because to me, they are more than just **** and ass. They are a completely different gender who experience different things in different ways and I think the more both of our sides open our minds, the more we can learn about the way we act. It's sad that two genders evolve together and the question that's most asked is "What do women/men want?" After the millions of years we've been around, we should know.

-AC

Clovie
why? blink

agreed

yerssot
"You know what I really want in a girl?
Me."

from a song of the bloodhound gang, but I can't remember the songtitle anymore

Clovie
it's disgusting sick

yerssot
blaim them wink

Clovie
i've never planed to blaim you stick out tongue

Line
actually, I thought it was the other way around? from what I've heard, it's women who live longer than men and have the best (argh, english word gone from my mind, so I'll just say: ) protection from deceases? I've also heard that male foetuses are more likely to be miscarried than female, simply because they're not as strong? I've no statistics to back me up on this though, but these are my general impressions.
regarding the animal kingdom, there are varieties, aren't there? take the sea horses: the male's the one carrying the eggs and giving birth, helping to guard the eggs, etc.

I agree with you that women view equality very differently, and I feel rather bad about those who cannot regard themselves as strong, confident individuals without copying men. this only proves that they still see men as superior.

how do you define equal? I'd say that the mcdonalds guy's still your equal in the sense that you (should) have the same rights. you're unequal in the way that you're mentally and physically different. same goes for male and female.
no, men shouldn't ask 'favours' and no, women shouldn't accept going through with those. unfortunately it's still quite common that women don't feel they have the 'right' to complain, whereas men are better at saying no and stop. women still need to learn that.

true. we've been together all the way, so it really is sad we don't have a better idea of how we work. still, this is partly due to the fact that we haven't really 'evolved' together as you say in the sense that women have been held back for quite some time, not being allowed to developed in the same way men have. not biologically of course, but as individuals.

Alpha Centauri
"how do you define equal? I'd say that the mcdonalds guy's still your equal in the sense that you (should) have the same rights. you're unequal in the way that you're mentally and physically different. same goes for male and female."

Rights apply differently to people though unless very very basic rights, in which case yeah. Everyone has the right to a safe working environment etc. I don't consider him my equal coz we were born equal and why should I? All men and women were created equal is the saying but that's why we have brains. Those who use them and those who don't are no longer equal.

"unfortunately it's still quite common that women don't feel they have the 'right' to complain, whereas men are better at saying no and stop. women still need to learn that."

A woman can very very very very rarely rape a man. The man will just shove her off and say "Haha nice try." Purely because men have the physical advantage in many many many cases, they can overpower the females sadly. Women do have the right to complain, at the end of the day I wouldn't want my girl to know she got a job through giving head to a guy (not saying she would.) and neither would she. We need to establish a living environment where men know that it's WRONG to use the advantages you have (physical or mental) over a woman of lesser in either catagory, as it is wrong for women to use their "methods" of persuasion to get what they want from an easily persuadable man. TV Shows for example, "Sex In The City" are giving off the impression of "if we can't be their equal we'll be their mirror image." in most character cases. Which isn't the way you need to go.

-AC

Jedi Priestess
I'll tell you what women want. At least this one. We want a man with intelligence first of all, because being able to converse with your mate is important. We want a man who is faithful, strong, romantic and doesn't think with his dick all the time. Unfortunately the perfect man exists only in the movies and thats how women hang themselves, by looking for something that simply doesn't exist.

And btw working at McDonalds has absolutely nothing to do with your level of intelligence and if you think that you are better than that person then it is YOU that suffer from a limited intelligence.

Line
what I was commenting was the 'favours' you brought up and which some women accept. my point was a general one; women don't complain as much as men, don't go on strike as much as men, don't demand higher wages as does men, etc., etc. I don't know why you brought up rape? do you mean that it's the threat of a possible physical overpowering that makes some women 'accept' the favours expected from them?
yes, such an environment is needed, I agree. but also the attitude of those being manipulated/used must be changed. a lot can be gained from being self confident and having a clear idea of where you'll draw the line.

Alpha Centauri
"And btw working at McDonalds has absolutely nothing to do with your level of intelligence and if you think that you are better than that person then it is YOU that suffer from a limited intelligence."

No wonder why women think men are mind readers, it appears they are mind readers themselves. At least this one. If you work in McDonalds for other reasons fair enough. However, alot of people I know work in McDonalds because that's the only job they can get due to their lack on braincells. We're not talking specifically though, we're talking human equality, which includes everyone.

The perfect woman only exists in movies also, if perfection is what you're gonna get into.

"do you mean that it's the threat of a possible physical overpowering that makes some women 'accept' the favours expected from them? "

Sort of, but I do agree with that statement. I mean men in general are less physically able to be overpowered by a female.

I also agree on the manipulee if you will. If women went on strike more, demanded more and showed why they deserve higher wages than they are earning, maybe they would get what they want. That's the problem. Women need to speak up for themselves sensibly. I believe they've been going about it the wrong way in MOST cases. I wont say women don't complain as much because........I've known women to give me severe headaches due to it.

-AC

Jedi Priestess
AC what hacked me off about your statement was the attitude with which it was given. Alot of people work at McDonalds for different reasons. Nothing pisses me off more than a person who ASSUMES that people who work in the service field are stupid or thats the only job they can get. Some people actually LIKE working in the service field. What they DISLIKE is waiting on arrogant people who think they are above them because they work in an office. I dont care if you are a fry cook at Mickey D's or the CEO of a corporation you are EQUAL in terms of humanity and the only differences that exist from a human standpoint are in your mind.

queeq
Ooooh... a McD's defender...

finti
I know what women want but they aint getting it.............. they have to beg first devil

Line
no, women usually can't overpower a man, but that doesn't mean the threat of an assult is hanging over our heads all the time. I think it depends a lot on the situation. if you're alone with your threatening boss in a desserted building, yes, the fear'll most likely be there. otherwise, no, or at least not as strong.
I think that the main reason some women may choose to give 'favours' to their male superiours has more to do with insecurity and the idea of not being able to get anywhere on their own, as well as manipulation playing on this insecurity ( in which of course the threat of violence might very well be a part.)

my point exactly. women are not raised to be as outgoing and aggressive about their own needs as men. the result is that the jobs where the amount of female employees outnumbers the amount of male, the working hours are terrible, the wages lousy, etc. and it's partly our own fault for putting up with it.
the word complaining may have been a wrong one for me to use, course yes, women do of course complain. the things they feel they're entitled to complain about usually only involve the domestic affairs though (such as their male friends and boy friends apparently wink ) if we started complaining a bit more about the crap we encounter everywhere else, we might not feel the same need of doing so at home.

Jedi Priestess
I kinda thought the Equal Rights movement was one big long complaint myself. messed

Line
and a needed one at that.
but let's face it; it's been dying out lately.

finti
yeah now you gals can hook up the worms yourself when fishing.

good thing cause some women lib`s are more men that .....................................well some of my frineds are cool

Jedi Priestess
See I think that the movement hurt women every bit as much as it helped them.

finti

Line
and now the only thing we need you guys for is getting rid of spiders and unscrewing tricky lids wink

maybe your friends should join the movement then? wink

Line
at some points, yes. but if it hadn't been done, we would now be hurting in a different way.

finti
nah thats the equality you fought for so no more gentlemen.

guess the movement still prefer to sit while they take a piss, my friends dont so........

Jedi Priestess
not all women feel this way

queeq
Those few exceptions... wink

finti
well they are free to piss standing if they prefere that way............... stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
"and now the only thing we need you guys for is getting rid of spiders and unscrewing tricky lids"

Maybe females will soon have other robotic parts based on OTHER male appendages haha. They've already got mechanical items to give pleasure, it's only a matter of time before you can buy rubber mechanical male arms designed to unscrew lids and catching spiders.

Women are dangerous man I'm telling you. They're trying to replace us. I'm kidding of course, I cannot be replaced wink.

-AC

finti
I cant be replaced either

Jedi Priestess
I think my point is that not all women are feminists.

And Fin thats a given. wink

Arachnoidfreak
You aren't looking in the right places.

naybean
Yea you can already get arm pillows - theyr like pillows that hug you for women so u dont need a guy there to cuddle u while u sleep. Big hit in japan......

Jedi Priestess
Actually Im not looking at all anymore. Wasted 25 years of my life on 2 that were seriously substandard. It's the single life from now on. laughing out loud

yerssot
no one can persuade you otherwise JP?

Arachnoidfreak
Sometimes you have to look in places that you think are originally substandard to find the truly special.

I know I reside in that apparently substandard area that noone looks in. I'm definitly not substandard though.

Jedi Priestess
substandard=cheating bastards.

And Yerssie I highly doubt it.

finti
yeah but sometimes it is fun to include the lot evil face cool

Line
for some reasons, lids and spiders have just never been mentioned in any of the feminist texts I've encountered so far, so no, they're still your domain wink

we're all for individuals, they can stand if they like. as long as they hit the target, course nobody does the cleaning these days ...

alpha centauri:
considering the vast amount of single women who ever invents those things we'll have struck pure gold wink and if the machines are mind readers too, the replacement will have turned into improvement too!

yerssot
*shuffles closer*
Hey, how you doin' wink

Clovie
blink

yerssot
it's from Joey wink

Clovie
i know blink
i liked chandler more erm

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, that's the problem with us men. We're not psychic and all that.

Wait......women aren't either.

Slightly unfair that we're depended upon to have some supernatural talent, yet we in turn ASK what's on your mind and get "Nothing...don't worry." "No something's wrong, tell me." "Nothing!" "Ok".

Then after "You didn't try to help." "I asked if something was wrong" "I know but you gave up." "There's only one way I can interpret 'Nothing is wrong'".

-AC

yerssot
"Subtlety Stue, you should look it up"
-Scream

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>