Martian Manhunter VS Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

norrin radd

ScarletSpider
Probably Martian Manhunter

norrin radd
thats what i was thinking, he has telepathy, and can become intangible. and is not vulnerable to magic like supes.

Spiderninja008
God of thunder pwns him

Spiderninja008
martian man hunter lacks the fighting exp.

Tron
Well of course, he hasn't been around for countless centuries like Thor. Then again, there have been those with far less experience in that regard that have still given Thor hell. Remember, MM has a few centuries under his belt also, not as many as Thor, but a few nonetheless. Don't forget about way back when he first dealt with the White Martians.

norrin radd
thro is a better fighter true, but MM is no pushover, and he has telepathy, what pretty much gives a big advantage to him.

wrathofachilles
Thor is too fast for telepathy to really big a big advantage. And what do you mean he's not vulnerable to magic? Everyone is vulnerable to magic. Thor has command over the Asgardian runes which would enable him to make a gesture and a word and get things done.

Tron
Too fast? Are you sure? To go off topic, people have been trying to say the opposite in the X-Men/JLA thread with any of the telepaths catching Flash. If what you say is true, then it's just another point in JLA's favor.

Anyways, I'm still votign for the Martian, because someone has to.wink

emraldguardian
Manhunter seeing as how he is one Supes level of stregth and he has telepathy

wrathofachilles
Thor has superior strength than either of them, so that argument doesn't work emrald.

By too fast, Tron, I mean that by the time a telepath can read what the opponent's thought is, the punch has already landed. Telepaths like Jean and Xavier can shut off the opponent's mind, but I don't know if MM is that level of telepath. If so, then it's not really a fair fight. I don't think it would help though, because current Thor could use some sort of spell to block telepathy.

norrin radd
thor has not superior strengh than MM. MM is top class of strengh in DC just like Thor is in marvel

emraldguardian
LOL how do you figure i have seen Supes move a planet i dont think Thor has done anything like that.

wrathofachilles
That was old Superman. New Superman isn't going to be moving planets anytime soon. As for Thor, he probably isn't going to move a planet, but he has reassembled the Moon before, that's pretty damn impressive.

supremthor
read action comics #782 he moves a planet sized warwould well it was pushing back at him.

ScarletSpider
Current Thor could just snap his fingers and Manhunter would just be a glob of green crap. Even if he held back with the runes, if Martian Manhunter tried to read his mind, I think he'd just get a psychic massacre. Thor has "sight beyond sight" a near omnipotent understanding of everything, it would just be too much for J'onn to take in.

crazyspinz
ok, i think that there should be a new rule in this forum as for marvel vs DC. if both characters are in the top of there class we should just assume that there strength is similar. beacuse dc does operate at a higher level, but its kinda stupid.

SnakeEyes
i agree...

anyway, i still think Thor would win in the end

baddspellahl4
well, martian manhunter can scan his mind for weaknesses then turn into it then it's over, on the other hand all thor has to do is set some sparks off from his mallet and BOOM he's on fire and done for

crazyspinz
agreed

norrin radd

MERCILOUS
Hunter's pretty gifted, but not as gifted as Thor. He's pretty high up on the Charts as far as strength too but Thor out classes him. Supes could move a planet, Thor could lift an ancient serpent thing that covered the entire planet. MM couldn't do either of these things.

If Thor went all out, I think there isn't much that MM could do stop the onslaught. I'm no saying it wouldn't be a good fight cause it would. It'd be interesting to see what Hunter could do to Thor. But this is inevitibaly Thor's victory.

norrin radd
MM is on superman legue, thor IS NOT more strong then him. and MM is much more gifted then thor alone, thor is that powerful thanks to a weapon called Mjolnir.

MERCILOUS
Even if that were true, are you saying he wouldn't get to take his hammer?

norrin radd
no, just making a point

MERCILOUS
He may be "superman league" but he's no superman. Thor is.

Abaddon
Hammer or no, Thor is still a God.

norrin radd
i think superman once admitted that MM was the most powerful person living on Earth.

MERCILOUS
Then he like you, would have been wrong.

Tron
Just a god without the powers that the hammer gives him.

MERCILOUS
He hasn't relied on that hammer in a long time. They played it off like he was Thor all along and they cursed him to be human so he'd learn a lesson or something. And if it was that Thor we were talking about then he'd still win cause he still gets the hammer.

norrin radd

wrathofachilles
Again, Thor does NOT rely on Mjolnir anymore. It's basically no more than a weapon now. It is NOT the source of his powers and Thor without Mjolnir could still take on just about anybody in either universe. He is Dr. Strange level in magic, he is Hulk level in strength, and he is above Superman in fighting ability. Thor's about as good as you can get nowadays.

MERCILOUS
Thank you wrathofachilles.

See norrin, you're wrong.

Abaddon
Odin banished Thor to earth to teach him humility. After the lesson was learned, Odin restored Thor's power as a God.
Biggest overlooked fact: Thor is a God. Manhunter is not.

supremthor
Think about this what does him being a god have to do with this fight.I mean supermans not a god but he's able to defeat them so is hulk,green lantern,firestorm,silver surfer,morg and the list goes on. So saying thors a god means nothing even though i think he bet MM 7/10.

Abaddon
Saying Thor is a God is everything. In other words, Thor is God level. MM is just a martian, a powerful martian, but just a martian.

supremthor
If saying thors a god is everything then MM is a god and hulk and a whole lot of other hereos and villans from both MARVEL/DC.

norrin radd

Evangel94
Answer these questions truthfully..

Have you actually read thor continuosely?

Have you picked up ANY issue's of the latest thor run?

Alpha Centauri
"he is Hulk level in strength"

Let's not jump ahead...

He can reach levels parallel to Hulk that no one else in either universe save for a few, could reach though.

-AC

MERCILOUS
Manhunter would not be included in that list.

norrin radd

MERCILOUS
Well the post said with out Odin power, but he's not been reliant on the hammer for a long time before he got Odin power.

Either way you keep comparing MM to Supes. MM may be in Supes league but he is in no way on par with Supes. Thor is.

norrin radd
you are correct MM is not on pair with supes he is superior.
what do you need more? superman already said once that MM was his superior, and was the most powerful member of the JLA.

MERCILOUS
I think you're misconstruing the statement. MM is in no way more powerful than Supes. More versatile, yes, but not more powerful.

norrin radd

wrathofachilles
Classic Thor is on level with Current Superman yeah, but Classic Superman is above Thor AND Martian Manhunter and that's always been the case. Characters change so much you have to specify what you're talking about. The hierarchy is like this:

Classic Superman
Current Thor
Martian Manhunter
Current Superman/Classic Thor

Thus the new Thor vs. Martian Manhunter equals a Thor victory.

supremthor
true

norrin radd

wrathofachilles
Yeah that's what I meant by Classic. And I don't know enough about Martian Manhunter's comics to know if there is a pre-Crisis version, but the pre-Crisis version of Superman was virtually undefeatable and he kept coming up with new powers every time the situation called for it, so it wouldn't make much difference. Whenever someone says 'Superman vs.' I always consider it Classic Superman because he's the best. Current Supes is really pathetic in comparison.

He sneezed and took out a distant solar system! You can't top that, lol.

supremthor
lol

MERCILOUS
wrathofachilles, are you taking into account that Supes had yet another shift in power after his death? The increase was in his favor.

supremthor
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/martian_manhunter.htm
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/thor.htm

emraldguardian
Current Supes is above MM you cant even compare them. I mean Supes has beaten Darkseid and Doomsday a feat i doubt the MM would be able to do.

norrin radd

wrathofachilles
Well the shift in power was a few years ago, so by Current Superman I was taking into account everything up to this point. Even with his powers now, he's nowhere near as powerful as he was originally.

supremthor
true

supremthor
The Martian has been seen lifting small tankers out of the ocean for short distances. By modifing the density of these bio-polymers, the Manhunter can make himself stronger by forcing the polymers into tighter bundles. At a rest state, the Manhunter can lift approximately 20 tons. Given a few minutes to reconfigure, he could match Superman pound for pound for about a minute. Then the bio-polymer would begin to suffer under the strain and begin to unravel.

emraldguardian
So then that would mean that he wouldnt pack as much of a punch as Superman.

norrin radd
well that is not what its stated in dcuguide.

MERCILOUS
I think he's gotten stronger since then but still not enough to get a victory over Thor. They'd have to fight for a long time and Thor's endurance is limitless as I understand it. Hunter couldn't keep up.

norrin radd

MERCILOUS
Intangibility yes, telepathy no. Thor hits as fast as MM could read him. MM think-"i'm going to get punched, as it happens." No advantage there. And intangibility, this would only help if he were on the defensive, which he would have to be in alot. Eventually MM gets tired (which isn't a terribly long amount of time) and then Thor wins. MM is on Superman's level, but so are many other characters, none necessarily as strong, or durable.

supremthor
i just read action comics were this bonde dud with superman power takes out MM in like one scond .with his black heat vision and he also liked really fu$cked this chick to death

cherry cola
i think thor would win if he is not affected by telepathy. Martian Manhunter has a lot of tricks shapeshifting, eyebeams, and intangbility but i think Thor could overcome all that and send the Martian back where he came from

Fanboy
Thor is more STronger then Martian Manhunter does not stands a chance.

EvilCap America
MM Thor Sups Hulk all ofd them are in the particular top of the line level in hero strengths

Superman has called MM the "Most powerful".This didnt mean he was phsycially superior he was saying this while MM was reading about every mind on the planet.MM could be considered "more powerful" than Sups because he has all the powers in line with him and a laundry list of others.Sups is certainly phyically stronger but MM is around his level

The match is pretty good Thor though is probably Physically superior to MM and could edge him out.MM COULD go intangible invisable and attack his mind instead but IIRC Thor is virtually impervious to Psychic attacks and he would HAVE to figth straight out physically.

It really is a good match but id give a slight edge to Thor

True Sinister
Thor

Scoobless
can someone give me a link to any site that states that Thor is impervious to mental assault?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Scoobless
can someone give me a link to any site that states that Thor is impervious to mental assault?

I don't think he is.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
I don't think he is.

i'm pretty sure he has mental defences.... but i can't remember where i read it

long pig
All Asgardians are a bit resistant to regular mental telepathy, but they aren't resistant at all to magical telepathy. That's why Loki is able to do the things he does.

CorderaMitchell
Thor has the slight advantage here.

long pig
Slight? Please, Thor would murder him.

MM base strength is something like 50 tons or less, and he can only amp up his strength and durability to Superman levels for 3-5 minutes, or his body turns to goo.

Thor's magic will effect MM even if he's intangable, and Thor only needs one good wack to bring MM back to his lesser strength/durability level.

Plus, contrary to popular belief, MM is still physically and mentally afraid of fire, not as much as he used to be, but he's still very uncomfortable around it.
Thor's mind resistance to telepathy is good enough to keep MM out of his head.

This is a one sided fight, MM get's a few hits in, Thor fights for a while, MM loses strength and durability then Thor crushes his skull.

dawsey28
Good fight. Hard to decide. confused

olympian
"Superman has called MM the "Most powerful".This didnt mean he was phsycially superior "

Correct. he meant that because of his insane versability.

"can someone give me a link to any site that states that Thor is impervious to mental assault?"

Hes not. What he and other gods have (some obviously way higher than others) have its a good defense against attacks of that nature. Even Herc does.

But yeah they can fall to those attacks even not being easy.

Khellendros
Originally posted by Scoobless
http://www.comicboards.com/thor/view.php?trd=040224214306&q=oliva

There ya go. That and a crapload of other things Thor has done. Anyways, like most people have said, Thor wins. He can block eyebeams, resist telepathy, attack MM whil he is intangible and is just plain stronger.

olympian
So he is impervious? Was he never mind controlled or the like? Macsterson Thor was even it was from another God....Wasent Hercules also when the Avengers went against the Infinity Watch and he won against Warlock? Werent all the Avengers?

I go with Thor winning after a very good fight, his firepower and strenght are higher, im just having doubts in the question above.

Khellendros
Originally posted by olympian
So he is impervious? Was he never mind controlled or the like? Macsterson Thor was even it was from another God....Wasent Hercules also when the Avengers went against the Infinity Watch and he won against Warlock? Werent all the Avengers?
From the site:

30) MIND RESISTANCE: Thor resisted the Mind-Thrust Of the Colonizer, the Mind Blast of the Super-Beast- THOR-#135, and resisted a Mind-Storm Blast that the Beast, Iron Man, and most especially Moondragon could not-Avengers-#138.

Resisting a mind blast that brought down Moondragon is damn impressive in my opinion.

olympian
Surely is. If the other way ever happened, it was a one time event compared with the majority of times he resisted. And those - are - impressive.

Juntai
Martian Manhunter is too much for Thor to handle, I think.
Even Superman gives Martian Manhunter upmost respect.
"If there were ever one man, I'd never want to fight.. it would Jonn"

He's a powerful enough telepath to touch all minds on the planet at once.
So that answers your guys' questions about that.
Intagibility.
Invisibility.
Shape shifting.
Strength, Durability and Speed all on par with Superman.
In fact, he has all of SUperman's abilities, including the visions and hearing.
He's got 11 senses.
And a host of other powers too.. .

And to Tron... who said he's not as experienced, and only been around a couple centuries... Martian Manhunter is older than the Earth is, so several million years old, and that's just -known- because he existed as The Burning, and fought the immortal Vandal Savage.

All MM has to do is unlock The Burning, and it would be over.

Even without it though, I still think he takes this fight.

K3VIL
Martian Manhunter isn't a fighter, like said from that white martian female.
When it comes to fight, he doesn't possess the thirst of blood and the attitude to be brutal or don't show mercy.
He can reach Superman's level of durability and strenght but he'll tire out keeping his body at those levels too much, and fall back into his 20 tons of strenght normal level.
Thor has resisted telepathic assault from Prof X and even Moondragon when he was in Warrior Madness mode during the Infinity Crusade wasn't able to convince him to stop fighting Drax.

Dark Thor
MM's intangibility can help him evade Thor when Thor casts a rainstorm with the Mjolnir, right?

leonidas
has mm been hit while intangible? and he couldn't stay intangible the whole time. thor WOULD hit him. shapeshifting won't be much of a factor i don't think - whatever shape he's in thor could hit. telepathy would be the best choice, but thor is damn strong against that, though his resistance AHS been inconsistent at times.

thor is stronger i think, though it is very close, and a solid godblast or some lightning strikes would certainly weaken mm.

got to go thor on this one, but it would be a war.

olympian
"Martian Manhunter is too much for Thor to handle, I think.
Even Superman gives Martian Manhunter upmost respect.
"If there were ever one man, I'd never want to fight.. it would Jonn"

Answer: " He may have been the thougest opponent i ever faced..." *blanked* and got punked.

"Strength, Durability and Speed all on par with Superman."

Two of those at least are slighty below Supes. Durability ill give it.

"All MM has to do is unlock The Burning, and it would be over"

Blood and Thunder Thor its also ready to play.

About figthing experience. Works both ways. Thor is more the warrior while Manhaunter its more the tactician.

Khellendros
Originally posted by Juntai
He's a powerful enough telepath to touch all minds on the planet at once.
So that answers your guys' questions about that.
Intagibility.
Invisibility.
Shape shifting.
Strength, Durability and Speed all on par with Superman.
In fact, he has all of SUperman's abilities, including the visions and hearing.
He's got 11 senses.
And a host of other powers too.. .
Have you even been reading the thread? Strength is NOT on par with Supes, neither is his durability or speed. Senses won't matter too much, and Mjolnir can block the Martian vision, or absorb it and throw it back magnified times ten. Intangibility is nothing Thor hasn't countere before, so that does MM no good. Invisibility won't do any good, because the hammer can track anyone who doesn't want to be found. MM is outmatched in all the ways that matter in this fight.

leonheartmm
what the ****? are u crazy?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thor is a GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a ****in god, mlinjor will KILLL manhunter telepathy or no telepathy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

long pig
I'm pretty sure one of Manhunter's weakness is Magic, that and fire......it still effects him, but more so to his mind.
Pyrophobia is a culture type deal for Martians.

If IIRC Manhunter was recently attacked in a forest by magic while intangible, it nearly killed him.

Remember folks, Thor could alway send MM to another dimension.

Thor wins, 9/10....

king creole
Wat about if mm goes phase/transparent , nothin can hit him, mate thors gone

Silent Master
IIRC, Thor has affected Vision when he went intangible

Superboy Prime
Vision =/= Jonn

Entity
Bumpage!
That ones for you MM. beer

Jonn btw!

Evil_Ash
"Thor is a god. He wins"

"MM strength is Class 50"

laughing

llagrok
Originally posted by Dark Thor
MM's intangibility can help him evade Thor when Thor casts a rainstorm with the Mjolnir, right?

Nope.

Martian_mind
So Thor has magic rain now?

either way Martian may be able to mindrape him.

llagrok
Originally posted by Martian_mind
So Thor has magic rain now?

either way Martian may be able to mindrape him.

No, he wouldn't be able to. If Thor can resist a telepathic attack from Xavier then he can resist one from MM.

Estacado
Originally posted by llagrok
No, he wouldn't be able to. If Thor can resist a telepathic attack from Xavier then he can resist one from MM.
no expression
MM mindrapes Thor FTW.

llagrok
Originally posted by Estacado
no expression
MM mindrapes Thor FTW.

Some people..

Estacado
You really think that Prof X is a better telepath then Jonn?

Evil_Ash
Jonn >>>>>>>> Xavier.

llagrok
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Jonn >>>>>>>> Xavier.

O RLY?

Evil_Ash
O RLY?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/quiterly.jpg

llagrok
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/quiterly.jpg

I concur

Martian_mind
Jonn makes Xavier look like a drunken mentally handicapped chimp....

His Airness
While MM may be able to take a few wins via tp, he won't do it for the majority.

Thor 7-8/10

Evil_Ash
I concur

confused

So, you agree then that Jonn is a superior telepath then Xavier?

SpunkySmurph
Jonn may be superior, but not by a lot...

masterbruce
Originally posted by His Airness
While MM may be able to take a few wins via tp, he won't do it for the majority.

Thor 7-8/10

wait, if TP works, then why wouldn't it be 10/10?

CasanoVa
Thor squashes the "Heart Of The JLA" like the ugly green bug that he is.

7.5/10

masterbruce
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Thor squashes the "Heart Of The JLA" like the ugly green bug that he is.

7.5/10

How does Thor attack something that is intangible?

How does Thor deal with MM's powerful telepathy?

How does Thor hang with someone as fast as Superman?

LordFear
I don't understand why some people are arguing so hardly about this. Thor has proven himself time after time. He is the superior character here

Soljer
Originally posted by LordFear
I don't understand why some people are arguing so hardly about this. Thor has proven himself time after time. He is the superior character here

laughing laughing laughing laughing

batdude123
Originally posted by masterbruce
How does Thor hang with someone as fast as Superman?

No, not even close buddy.

I've never seen J'onn fly lightyearS in mere hours.

However, this isn't a stomp in either direction, no matter who you think takes the majority.

Thor 6/10 imo. Though, admittedly, I could also see it going the other way here too. erm

His Airness
wait, if TP works, then why wouldn't it be 10/10?

Because Thor's tp resistance wouldn't be overcome 10/10 times.

masterbruce
Because Thor's tp resistance wouldn't be overcome 10/10 times.

TP either works or it doesn't...it's not like on some days Thor's TP resistance is higher or lower

Newjak
TP either works or it doesn't...it's not like on some days Thor's TP resistance is higher or lower Obviously you don't know Thor because it does seem to do that stick out tongue

His Airness
TP either works or it doesn't...it's not like on some days Thor's TP resistance is higher or lower

It's called being extremely resistant yet still vulnerable. Thor on very few occasions has had his mind breached, and has also shown the ability to redirect tp assaults via Mjolnir.

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
8.57328921901100100010101 in favour of Thor shifty

psy_blade
Thor "out versatiles" MM.

shadow177a17
My money is on Martian here for he has TP that is superior to Xavier for Thor may has Telepathic resistance but how long will it last against the martian manhunter. All Martian has to do is steal the hammer since he is definitely worthy of having it in his possession and then b*tch smack thor with it. Martian Manhunter The New God Of Thunder. if Wonder Woman can take the hammer and become a god why cant Martian Manhunter become a god and thrash Thor.

spidey-dude
this a joke ?

Priest
Originally posted by shadow177a17
My money is on Martian here for he has TP that is superior to Xavier for Thor may has Telepathic resistance but how long will it last against the martian manhunter. All Martian has to do is steal the hammer since he is definitely worthy of having it in his possession and then b*tch smack thor with it. Martian Manhunter The New God Of Thunder. if Wonder Woman can take the hammer and become a god why cant Martian Manhunter become a god and thrash Thor.
Oh snaprenske

Estacado
haermm much?

shadow177a17
Thor isn't all that if Iron Man can kick his ass then Martian Manhunter wont have a problem.

the Darkone
Thor isn't all that if Iron Man can kick his ass then Martian Manhunter wont have a problem. What the f**k? are you talking about, Iron Man has never beaten Thor, Thor will wreck MM a$$ he will transmutate MM into sh**.

Bentley
Absorbing TP is among Mjolnir's many abilities. Not that it will be necessary while Thor smashes John with it.

Priest
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thor will wreck MM a$$ he will transmutate MM into sh**.
laughing out loud that was funny

His Airness

Not the most coherent post I've read, but I'll address it none the less.

As pointed out Thor has shown extreme resistance to tp. Add that to his ability to absorb and redirect telepathic assaults and you have an extremely potent defense.

Trivial and irrelevant, for such a claim is solely speculation. However even if MM was able to obtain Mjolnir I doubt he would know the proper way of using it.

When did WW ever take Mjolnir?

shadow177a17
Wonder Woman picked up Mjolnir off the ground to become a thunder goddess during Marvel Vs. DC. Though it was non cannon though to me it says anybody can pick up the hammer of thor. It was b*llshit writers fault saying Superman couldn't take the hammer from Thor. He is the worthiest person in the DC universe that can take the hammer from thor away from him.

His Airness
Wonder Woman picked up Mjolnir off the ground to become a thunder goddess during Marvel Vs. DC. Though it was non cannon though to me it says anybody can pick up the hammer of thor. It was b*llshit writers fault saying Superman couldn't take the hammer from Thor. He is the worthiest person in the DC universe that can take the hammer from thor away from him.

It being non canical means that it's restricted from being used as proof. making your point utterly useless.

Do you even know what it takes for one to be considered noble enough to wield Mjolnir?

the Darkone

Don't use a non-canon crossover that was a pile of sh**, dude did read the final book of JLA/Avengers crossover Superman couldn't pick it. Who says you? please. You are getting off of the topic, MM mental power powers won't work, if he does turn invisible that doesn't guarantee a victory. Thor is stronger, faster, more durable, more fighting experience all around Thor smites his a$$ into silly putty.

Martian_mind
Thors not faster....

StarsNeverFall7
This sort of comes back to the Superman vs. Thor debate, where as in that Thor's biggest advantage is the magic base of his powers seeing as it's one of Superman's biggest weaknesses. MM doesn't have that weakness. There is NO reason MM couldn't become intangible, speedblitz, mind rape, KTFO, BFR, "martian vision", shapeshift, etc the piss out of Thor.

Martian Manhunter FTW.

llagrok
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
This sort of comes back to the Superman vs. Thor debate, where as in that Thor's biggest advantage is the magic base of his powers seeing as it's one of Superman's biggest weaknesses. MM doesn't have that weakness. There is NO reason MM couldn't become intangible, speedblitz, mind rape, KTFO, BFR, "martian vision", shapeshift, etc the piss out of Thor.

Martian Manhunter FTW.

BFR? please.

MM can only become stronger than Thor by buffing himself up to Superman levels, which he's not able to do very long. He's gonna shapeshift the piss out of Thor? That's certainly a new one. Also, like so many have stated above, Thor has an incredible resistance to telepathic attacks, so no mind rape I'm afraid.

IF MM is actually capable of using his TP on Thor, and properly make it work then I think he could win. Otherwise, speedblitz would probably be the best.

StarsNeverFall7
Well when you add the TP, intangiable, shapeshifting, srength match, speed advantage, TP, martian vision and etc. He just has too many options at his disposal. He could use any multiple amount of combinations to win, that's the point I was making.

llagrok
Well when you add the TP, intangiable, shapeshifting, srength match, speed advantage, TP, martian vision and etc. He just has too many options at his disposal. He could use any multiple amount of combinations to win, that's the point I was making.

You seriously underestimate Thor's versatility.

His Airness

Martian Manhunter FTW.

It's funny how people are under the misconception that because magic isn't a weakness it isn't effective. I ask you then; how has Thor managed such an impressive record against rival top tiers? Because magic isn't a weakness that doesn't automatically render you impervious to it. Same with Superman, even without the weakness.

Thor can attack intangible foes as shown when he did so to Vision.

I doubt MM isn't fast enough to speedblitz Thor.

It's already been pointed out the Thor has an extreme resistance to BFR.

Thor is not only stronger than MM, but also more skilled and durable. In pure h2h Thor would dominate.

Hows shape shifting going to help

the Darkone
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Thors not faster....
Thor travel 3x speed of light and that's his average speed. Running speed Hela stated that was running so fast she couldn't see him, his running speed is beyond comprehension.

StarsNeverFall7
Thor's travel is usually done via throwing his hammer. No, I'm fully aware of Thor's versatility, im also aware that MM's is much easier and quicker to obtain.

Thor stronger? Eh, Id say neither prevails here. Even match.

More durable? Again, questionable. Again even match.

More skilled hand to hand? Yes, most likely.

The point for mentioning the weakness had nothing to do with rendering magic useless at all, point was if Superman with a magic weakness could handle Thor, a MM who is just a toned down Supes shouldn't have that much effort.

So going off of what has been seen and a base powerset, no reason MM couldn't take a majority.

mykke
Thor takes this IMO. He ALMOST negates MM TP, He IS stronger than MM and more skilled. Speedblitzing is a non factor in this fight, he has dodge SS, Gladiator etc, ppl much faster than MM imo. His magic would give him this fight, MM has nothing to counter the many powers of Mjolnir.

the Darkone
Thor's travel is usually done via throwing his hammer. No, I'm fully aware of Thor's versatility, im also aware that MM's is much easier and quicker to obtain.

The point for mentioning the weakness had nothing to do with rendering magic useless at all, point was if Superman with a magic weakness could handle Thor, a MM who is just a toned down Supes shouldn't have that much effort.

So going off of what has been seen and a base powerset, no reason MM couldn't take a majority.

Thor is stronger than MM, are you serious it's not even close, Thor overall is too versatile for MM.

Galvaclaw
Only if we ignore pesky things like facts. Martian Manhunter is only slightly physically weaker than Superman. Thor has no strength feats that put him beyond Superman. They're probably the same strength wise.

Yet where are the examples of him using it in combat? We've seen Martians give Flash trouble speedwise. J'onn definitely has much faster combat speed.

His Airness

He has also travelled and directed chariots and such at high speeds.

This is true in what way? Thor has never had any difficulty using any of his many attacks. Maybe the godblast, but that's all I can think of.

Thor is stronger than MM. Same league but Thor is a lv higher.

Thor is also more durable. Again, same league but Thor is a lv higher.

I don't see your point? Either way magic is effective. If Superman didn't have the weakness he would still probably lose to Thor because he's not as versatile nor would he have a way to counter the magic based attacks.

StarsNeverFall7
More durable is that also taking into account the healing MM's molecular control grants him?

Stronger? Very debateable.

MM has also been able to span the globe, destory buildings, and speedblitz white martains in the matter of a breath.

The only instance we have Superman didn't lose to Thor, theres no reason to say MM wouldn't also take a majority, espically considering he is just a slightly toned down supes with a few extra abilities.

His Airness
More durable is that also taking into account the healing MM's molecular control grants him?

Stronger? Very debateable.

MM has also been able to span the globe, destory buildings, and speedblitz white martains in the matter of a breath.

The only instance we have Superman didn't lose to Thor, theres no reason to say MM wouldn't also take a majority, espically considering he is just a slightly toned down supes with a few extra abilities.

No, thats more along the lines of a healing factor.

It's really not. Thor's strength feats are simply the more impressive of the two.

Spanning the globe, and destroying buildings aren't really impressive when talking about the feats, powers, and abilities of herald lv characters.

How fast exactly are white Martians.

Ok, and the only instance we have between Spider-Man and Fire Lord Spider-man was the victor. It isn't wise to base your whole argument off a poorly written fight in a poorly written crossover.

StarsNeverFall7
It's a healing ontop of the durability MM already has.

Care to inform me of what strength feats place Thor so much above MM?

That feat was geared directly towards his speed. Nothing more. His fighting speed is above what Thor's is, yes Thor can travel 3x light speed by throwing his hammer, he isn't a speedster in any category.

Yes Thor is resistant to TP, but your not talking about a low level TP, MM is usually placed well above anyone in marvel. On top of TP, speedblitzing, strength to match, "martain vision", durability+a HF, shapeshifting, and etc there's no reason he shouldn't be able to take a majority.

Thor's got some power to throw around, not arguing that. ASIDE, from a godblast, it isn't anything MM shouldn't be able to take and keep rolling with.

His Airness
It's a healing ontop of the durability MM already has.

Care to inform me of what strength feats place Thor so much above MM?

That feat was geared directly towards his speed. Nothing more. His fighting speed is above what Thor's is, yes Thor can travel 3x light speed by throwing his hammer, he isn't a speedster in any category.

Yes Thor is resistant to TP, but your not talking about a low level TP, MM is usually placed well above anyone in marvel. On top of TP, speedblitzing, strength to match, "martain vision", durability+a HF, shapeshifting, and etc there's no reason he shouldn't be able to take a majority.

Thor's got some power to throw around, not arguing that. ASIDE, from a godblast, it isn't anything MM shouldn't be able to take and keep rolling with.

Healing factors aren't a part of your durability. Their an outside ability just as Thor's ability to absorb and cope with damage is referenced to as "damage soak" rather than durability.

Fishing and dragging the Midgard serpent, crushing Exitar's dome, throwing the earth out of orbit as a result from an arm wrestling match, closing a dimensional rift by punching it, lifting and tossing the Odin sword, etc.

Even so it's not impressive. Your correct in saying Thor isn't usually thought of as a speedster but it's obvious his reflexes and reaction times are above those of a normal humans as he's been shown capable of battling Surfer, Gladiator, Hermes, and others. Thor's isn't nearly the fastest character around but he isn't completely defenseless.

Also what speed feats does MM have that lead you to believe Thor won't be able to react to any of his attacks?

Would you consider the Phoenix and Moondragon low lv telepaths? Thor has shown to be more resistant Than Moondragon and has deflected and redirected an attack back upon Phoenix ko'ing her.

Saying MM's telepathy is superior to every character of Marvel is a completely biased statement.

MM's telepathy is nearly a non factor., I doubt he'll be able to speedblitz Thor, his strength pales in comparison to Thor's, he isn't impervious to harm so he'll still feel Thor's attacks, etc.

Other than the fact that Thor is not only more versatile but more powerful.

Again a biased statement.

draxx_tOfU
Thor is much more powerful but not more versatile...

plus he didn't "crush" Exitar's dome, nor did he "fish" and "drag" the midgard serpent...

your making it look like he did all of these with ease...

plus, Thor throwing the Earth out of orbit in an arm wrestling match was not on his own sole power...

anyway, Thor wins against MM...

Mindship
Thor is not only more versatile but more powerful.
Thor 7/10

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>