Missing The Pad Also.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Syren
Seriously, I spend a lot of time in the GDF and it's cool having the Philosophy Forum right there, sitting pretty on top of it. So where's the OTF's accessory then? It's absolutely disgusting, I think it's blatant discrimination against the less intelligent of the two. Just because the GDF has a few more brain cells buzzing around it gets a pretty hat. Lame miffed BRING BACK THE PAD DANGIT

Clovie
I DON'T AGREE ABOUT more cells part schmoll

it is more serious. that's all.

Syren
I was going for sarcasm with a bit of facetiousness thrown in for good measure stick out tongue

Mr Zero
I miss the pad - and I was never in there.

Tired Syrens Pad!

Syren
cry Thankyou Z, that means so much hug

BRING BACK TIRED'S PAD!!!

Nazgulinthedark
cry i wasnt in the pad much...but i miss my dark corner crybaby where the spiders lurked!!!

Agent Elrond
TH Pad: Gone, but not forgotten

Spicy_Mchaggis
confused what does facetiousness mean? ya they should bring the pad back.

Thorondor
Where's the poll syren stick out tongue

Syren
Well, being facetious is just another way of saying someone is being sarcastic big grin So facetiousness would constitute as sarcasm happy

NAZZY!! You don't need your dark corner to be complete, although, I miss my crevice too cry

Syren
CRAIG!!! hug Oh, I love you I love you I love you, where have you been?? cry

And no poll, that's where I'll be able to make another pointless thread happy

Thorondor
I have been around...you're the one that's been MIA lol get on msn chica.

Nazgulinthedark
i know....but i miss it cry and the fightclub...i miss that too

Mr Zero
Weeeeeeeelllllll

Not exactly - facetious is less harsh than sarcasm: Being as it is from the latin for "jest" (I think - I'd have to check that and im too lazy)

It means to mock or poke fun in a gentle friendly and humorous way.

However - the very fact that you used the word facetiousness in context and spelled correctly means I narrow my eyes at you in quiet surprised admiration.

Aqua
The threads that were in the pad are here now erm

Syren
*takes deep breath*

Ok you. Listen up and listen good, I have absolutely no qualms with using larger words, I have never really had problems with vocab (quite extensive) and my spelling (practically perfect in every way). And as for context, I get it right every time due to instinct. If it looks right to me, it usually is. Also, I know exactly what facetious means, I was actually trying not to confuse the member who questioned it's definition by using sarcasm as an example. But thanks. So un-narrow those eyes honey, I don't need your 'quiet, surprised admiration'. I happen to know I'm above average wink

Thorondor
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*chants

Bring Back The Pad! Bring Back The Pad! Bring Back The Pad!

Mr Zero
I knew I was going to take a beating from you for the condescension in that post - i even paused before hitting submit and wondered if i should tone it down.... but... NAHHHhhhhh!

And I was even wrong about the latin - it's from factus

Syren
laughing Fun all the same though wink And I didn't know its origination so thanks big grin

Korri
I love you all, but its too much *kills self*

Syren
*pokes gently and whispers*

We're trying to save the Pad, you dead won't help......

Phoenix Aska
what's the pad?

drunk_nazgul
The Pad was awesome... I forgot what it was called... but people hated it for it's nonsense.

drunk_nazgul
Tired Hiker's Pad

Phoenix Aska
What did ya talk about in the pad?

drunk_nazgul
parties!

Tptmanno1
random shit, It was awesome!

Silver Stardust
It was so much fun...

Anyone remember Tired Hiker's Army? Where we were trying to take down Tommy Hilfiger? big grin That rocked.

Nazgulinthedark
yes hehehehe happy fun fun..though i wasnt an active member of the army sad

Silver Stardust
I was for a while...us girls in the army made up the SADNALS -- it stood for "standing around doing nothing and looking sexy" laughing out loud

Korri
k doll smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.