Halloween

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

reverence
Hi i was wonderin why the americans make such a big deal out of Halloween? In england we hardly do anything and most of mi friends and me arnt allowed to even go trick or treating and none of the shops are big on it ether but i went to america last year on Halloween and in the place was crazy it sold sweets and costumes, flags and lots of other Halloween stuff
can someone explain why the americans have an obsession for Halloween plz??
thanx and HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Kosta
Americans will make a big deal out of anything that involves free candy! evil face

Syren
Um, where abouts in Britain do you live? Hallowe'en is big enough over here IMO....

Jackie Malfoy
To yes in america we like the whole idea of partying and going trick'o treating and dressing up for fun!
It is consider a holiday here too!I do it for the dressing up part and the partying and the Mistrif night!(Last night)
What else do you guys do for Halloween?Anyway Happy Halloween!JM Happy Dance

MildPossession
Halloween isn't big here where I am in England, North East.

America, Halloween is more of a family/community affair putting all their passion into creating the day.

Here, it's just boring, most do nothing at all except go out and get all the free sweets they can, and the older ones ask for free money. And if they don't get anything, they trash the the outside of the house, eggs and flour if they are nice enough.

I know someone who lives in Liverpool, and she says that already loads of cars have been trashed.

as for me, I love Halloween, just having a break from all the things I have been doing.

reverence
huh i live in south west england and we do nothing there is a little party for the kids and few people come round but nothing interesting
i would love to go out all noight dressed up and get free candy but my plans are take my brother to a party and get ready for school tmorrow (I have a realy borin life!)
U R SSOOOOOO LUCKY gettin to go

Nazgulinthedark
why do we make such a big deal out of it? CAUSE ITS JUST SO MUCH! FUN!!! you people are just missing out! what could be better than dressing up in a costume with all your friends, going out to a party to eat drink and dance all night! and then when your little, you go around to everyones house and they GIVE YOU FREE CANDY!! And thn, if they are idiots and dont participate in hallowen merryment, YOU WRAP THEIR HOUSE IN TOILET PAPER!!

reverence
hehehehehe i wanna try i will be movin to america soon !!!!!!!! YAY

Agent Elrond
Like someone said, American LOVE free candy. It's an excuss to binge on sugar and to trash ppl's houses. There is no REAL reson. PPl do want they want to do

mc pee pants
how can you not make a big deal out of halloween? everybody is giving out FREE CANDY!!! everybody!!!

Myth
-Its tradition
-Free candy
-parties
-dress up (funny/scary/etc)
-house decorations are fun
-trash houses
-bonding of community
-rape

Ronny
rape? blink

WindDancer
Halloween+Valentine's day = Big Bucks for Candy Corporations. Holidays are for marketing purposes. Here in the land of Capitalism making money outta of a holiday is what matters. Oh! let's not forget the customes makers! They get their big bucks out ppl that dress up as clowns and go trick or treating.

btw-Halloween is over.

Linkalicious
I don't see what all the hub bub is about. Halloween is joke in the United States compared to what it used to be.

Last night I had 14 kids come to my door. 14...that's pathetic.

BackFire
Word Link. I was extremely disapointed by the small number of trick or treaters. Although I think I had more then 14, it was sad.

It really sucks because Me and my friend get dressed up and make the entrance to my house a little haunted house type thingy, and every year there's seemingly less and less kids out having fun.

It seems every year there's one less house with their porch lights on passing out candy. I remember about 5 years ago almost everyone on my street had their lights on and at least passed out candy...now, there's like 6 left that still do it. It's pathetic, and it's very sad.

reverence
u think 14 is a few i had about 8 people but then i got to eat all the sweets left after so not bothered bout that.
And yeah i understand the tradition and the free sweets thats always good.

Silver Stardust
I love Halloween...but last night we got hardly any trick or treaters. I live in a town that's got a lot of little kids, yet I think we got maybe 25 trick or treaters total. And there were very few people handing out candy. It was really sad. Almost made me feel like I wasted my time in getting all decked out in my costume...

SlipknoT
I had 1 kid no expression 1 ****ing kid no expression

Nazgulinthedark
only 8 came to my door! and one of the kids wasnt even in costume! little 7 year old made me feel stupid handing out candy in costume while he was colecting it in a plain flannel shirt and blue jeans!

Linkalicious
I help my mom fix up the front of our house with cob webs and spookey lights, music and the whole sha-bang. Shit, she even dresses as a witch and has you pull the candout out of the culdren that steams from the dry ice. I feel so bad for her, she loves doing crazy stuff like that and now she puts on the show for 2 culdesacs full of 6 year olds...no

sad.

Dr. Strangelove
I think our house had a total of three kids. I wasn't there for the first two because I was at 24 hour fitness. The night wasn't a total waste, I saw Psycho and I have about 100 leftover Reeces to myself. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.