Whos annoyed? SPOILER

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DanielLB
madWhos annoyed with PJ's decision to leave out the epilogue and Arwen and Elrond scenes in ROTK:EE? In a way it is good for the epilogue to be left out because then we can imagen what happens to all the other characters, but me, being a huge fan for a long time, i am VERY dissapointed with his decision!

What do you think? sad confused miffed

The Tater
I can live without it.

DanielLB
Not being rude...but are you a real fan, or just a film fan and have only liked LOTR sice the film has come out. True fans will most probably be a bit annoyed about this decision because it sums up all the characters and what happens after the War of the Ring. I have been a BIG fan for alot of years know smile

The Tater
I read the books every year.

You're assuming that all "real" fans wish to see an epilogue. I suggest you avoid doing that wink. The ring is destroyed, Frodo and Bilbo and Gandalf leave Middle Earth, and Sam settles down with his family. Leave the fates of the other characters to your imagination smile.

Reborn Again
Every story has an ending, and it's all according to one own's preception of the details laid before them. Everything has a beginning and an end, but sometimes the end is another beginning, and perhaps Peter Jackson wants exact that?

Shadow_King
what aboot that whole scene where sauroman takes over the shire or something. and maybe they will add this epilouge to the 50 minutes extra lord of the rings dvd.

Thorondor
I find the movie Arwen very boring and depressing so i'm not to shook up that her screen time has been cut...not a fan of liv tyler anyway.

Telperaca
I'm with Thorondor about (movie) Arewn being boring. She's dull, and the less I see of her in the movie, the better. The epilogue...well, I'm not to bumbed on that as I know what happens.

Havoc470
i think it's just fine the way PJ did it

does anyone know when the extended edition is released in U.S?

ladygrim
got 2 agree

but putting everything in the movie that was in the book is quite overboard really

neftymiff
Won't the epilogue be in the uncut version that comes out at xmas?

Thorondor
That's what he's talking about....and no it wont be big grin

neftymiff
oh lol didnt read it properly! i want to see wat happens to Legolas and Gimli though! wat does happen?

Thorondor
They stock up on vaseline and go away and live underground

muse5
i am relatively peeved. those were some important scenes in the book, and i would have liked them to be in the movie becuase it would have added greatly, but at the same time there are more important scenes that should be in there.

don't shoot me down

just my opinion

Elessea
If you want to know what happens to the characters...then read the books. The movie is just fine the way it is.

I am actually extreamly happy that he left our arwen/aragorn stuff.. the movie arwen is annoying and was already in way to much of the movie as it is...she plays a much smaller role in teh books...

Nazgul lord
HONESTLY BRA WH EXACTLY DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? i said the same thing i could live without it, i was more annoyed when PJ left out the scouring of the shire. mad

grap
i kept on waiting for the scourging of the shire, but never got it sad

Thorondor
Just because you became a fan after the movies came out doesn't make you an un-true fan....that's saying that every person who is born after the films and become fans are untrue fans yes?

bullshit roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nazgul lord
yeah ah daniel is it? how can you need to realise that we are all fans here but something that apeals to you may not apeal to another.

DanielLB
y does no1 ever get wat im trying to say? doesnt matter know anyway....u all seem to hatre me now!

muse5
i don't, but as usual, i'm also very confused

Thorondor
Explain it then.

your "txt" talk isn't helping your appeal stick out tongue

drunk_nazgul
Well, I like the movies, I used to worship PJ, and I'm gonna watch them once a month. But I really think that the epilogue added more of a conclusion for me.

And get off the fact that Daniel is trying to define true fans. You aren't the king of the world either, Thorondor.

Thorondor
Did i say i was?

muse5
no hate in the thread!!!

you can't define a 'true fan' because there aren't set standards of what a 'true fan' is...oy vay, now you've got me going

as i said before...no hate

Nazgul lord
hey bra i dont hate you, and i got what you were trying to say. big grin big grin big grin

ElanorUnderhill
Reading the books certainly helps with filling in the blanks that Jackson and his crew left for us. The movie still makes sense but there is a thrill with discovering each new scene in the extended version, even if we read all the spoilers first. Tolkien doesn't leave much to the imagination. I have never read a novel that so finely documented the life of each character to their end; either death or their crossing to the West. It would be nice to see the scouring of the Shire and Saruman's last black works this December, but I will be able to imagine it well enough without the genius of Jackson. I'm more concerned with whether or not we will be able to see his production of 'The Hobbit.'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.