Lembas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Smodden
Today I walk into my kitchen, and I see my brother cookingmessed So I ask him what he's cooking and he says:"Lembas." huh
And he was...He was making lembas.

He found this recipe online...He used a cast iron skillet and he also baked some....the baked ones tasted beter...but I would hardly call the stuff elvish. laughing sick

Lembas is great for long journeys... -for the purpous of the world's salvation.

Agent Elrond
mmm, lembas bread droolio
It would be cool if it was real.
In the movie, it kinda looked like hard tack, and hard tack tastes like blah

Exabyte
laughing!
Sounds delicious drool

There's an essay called "On Lembas" among the "Teachings of Pengoloth" where Pengolodh answers Elendil's question 'Mana i-coimas in-Eldaron?' in vol XII of the HME with a little more information, but it's not too precise;

Nazgul lord
i want some

Darth Sauron
Wow, i wonder how long it is before 'Chris Tolkiens Lembas Corporate Cash In' begins

Smodden
laughing
I'd buy it!eek!

lothlorien.elf
I make Lembas every week. yes its very addicting. and pretty filling. the only flaw is that it is BAD for long journeys because i found that its pretty dry and youd need a lot of water... not good for a long journey ... but extremely good otherwise... you ppl should try making it, its very easy and it tastes excellent.

Flying High
ooooh....i would try and make it...but i cant cook...at all stick out tongue

GCG
I am trying this. I think ill try baking them in an oven rather than a pizelle.

lothlorien.elf
Originally posted by GCG
I am trying this. I think ill try baking them in an oven rather than a pizelle.

Good luck! Its really good at the end. And I used an oven too, not a pizelle.

ladygrim
ne1 tryed making it yet laughing out loud

SolLuna
That's so cool...you can make Lembas!!!

ladygrim
smile

lothlorien.elf
Originally posted by SolLuna
That's so cool...you can make Lembas!!!

LOL smile . Yep its actually really easy, and you dont need to be able to cook to make it. Theres actually an easier recipe that i also found and also tried, and it also tastes wonderful. I can post the recipe if anyone needs it... big grin

RvB]Tucker
I want the recipe!!! But wait...this wont make me lose weight will it? I want to keep this fit weight of 395.

lothlorien.elf
Originally posted by RvB]Tucker
I want the recipe!!! But wait...this wont make me lose weight will it? I want to keep this fit weight of 395.

ah ... rest assured; lembas makes you heavier. i got heavier eating lembas... 115 pounds to 120 pounds in one week of eating lembas ... big grin

Flying High
geez...i aint eating it then stick out tongue

lothlorien.elf
Originally posted by Flying High
geez...i aint eating it then stick out tongue

it really depends on how much butter you put in really ... butter is fattening. big grin

GCG
Baked them today. I left them in an oven for about 20 minutes on a gas mark 5. Taste is like almond cake and the interior is quite moist. I think I overdid the rosewater. So I added a touch of honey and crushed almonds on top.

Flying High
i like butter stick out tongue

lothlorien.elf
LOL then make them big grin trust me they taste sooo good... and i think the inside is supposed to be moist though .... cuz mine turned out that way too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.