The Pixies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

<<Solo>>
Holy shinizar there isn't a thread about this band yet. Wow, definately one of the best rock bands ever. Anybody like or heard of them?

Afro Cheese
I like them a lot. I just recently heard them. Is it just me or does 'where is my mind' sound like a Modest Mouse song?

<<Solo>>
It sort of does sound like A Modest Mouse song now to think about it, there best song in my book is,"In Heaven".

Afro Cheese
I'll give it a try. And yeah it does, I had to look it up to make sure it was theres. It sounds like a better version of Modest Mouse. But their other songs are different.

<<Solo>>
Yeah the singer(Frank Black) is some fat white guy (he doesn't sound like one though), and he learned to sing by some japanese guy.

furryman
I effing LOVE the Pixies!

Deathblow
Oh purrrlease. The correct phrase would be: ''doesn't every Modest Mouse song sound like Where Is My Mind?''
Modest Mouse are just a boring version of what Pixies might have sounded like without Kim Deal.

I love Pixies too, Doolittle is a freakin work of art.

Go download Papa Roach's cover of Gouge Away (incidentally my favorite Pixies song), it's hilariously bad.

Alpha Centauri
I love The Pixies. Rock on.

-AC

finti
Doolittle is an awsome album

MildPossession
I enjoy listening to them, I only have Surfer Rosa at the moment though, do want to take a listen to Doolittle though.

<<Solo>>
Almost every song in Doolittle was perfect. The album was....outrageously good.

Deathblow
Not almost every song was perfect.

Every song was perfect. There are only 5 or 6 albums I've heard that i'd rate as a 10/10, and Doolittle is one of them.

Alpha Centauri
I think they got better, hit their peak with "Doolittle" then gradually got worse.

They rule though.

-AC

Deathblow
Agreed. Bossanova was good, but it didn't have enough of Kim, and it was the first Pixies album to have filler.

Trompe Le Monde I actually have nightmares about still. I've never heard such a great band play such shitty music.

finti
Never been a huge Pixies fan, but I think Doolittle is an awsome album as mentioned earlier, neither of their ohter albums really got to me though

Afro Cheese
Yeah I know dude, I was just saying it sounds the same. I know the pixies were around long before them and I did say "where is my mind" sounded like a better version of modest mouse. I didn't mean similar in terms of talent, I meant the style and the vocals.

eggmayo
monkeys gone to heaven!

Boddah
oh my god i love the pixies! wooo! i was thinking about starting a pixies thread myself roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
oh I love that song and after we stated to discussed pixies here I started to play it a lot again the last couple of days

if man is 5 ,if man is 5, if man is 5
then the devil is 6,then the devil is 6 then the devil is 6,then the devil is 6
then god is 7, then god is 7, then god is 7
this monkey's gone to heaven

Boddah
shes my fave undressing in the sun, return to sea-bye, forgetting everyone, eleven high roll eyes (sarcastic)

Deathblow
^ I like Ana happy they should've done more with that song, it was far too short.

Boddah
I agree, but i guess the fact that it's short makes it better roll eyes (sarcastic) it hasn't been dragged out, its just short and sweet big grin

I've only heard like 3 Pixies songs, but one of m favorite songs of all time is "Where is my mind" ....that's quality music

Tirekicker
I'm actually going to see them in Detroit on Nov. 20th. It's going to rock!!

Wolf Dog
Fight Club utilized that song,"Where's My Mind", good in the ending. It goes great in that moment when they blow everything up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.