Bush has won for the second term!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
Wow what can i say that was a very close race.

I really thaught Kerry would win wink.

Oh well the world has President Bush for another 4 years

Agent Elrond
It's not over yet. I smell lawsuits by the thousands.

If Bush wins, American is f*cked. If Kerry wins, we'll have no idea what'll happen

finti
I heard the republicans decleared Bush as a winner, havent heard any network say it yet though

Storm
Indeed, all that the network can say is that the Bush camp claims victory.

ash007
Well it really does look like he has won!!!!!!

Also he has won most of the senate seats which means his second year Will be much more easier for his

Sex Pistol
I heard on the radio that it be going on for days yet, cos its been a close call. If i find out that Bush has officially win, im really sorry to say this but you americans are idiots!

Sex Pistol
I heard on the radio that it be going on for days yet, cos its been a close call. If i find out that Bush has officially win, im really sorry to say this but you americans are idiots!

botankus
If posting the same message twice gives you the right to call someone idiots then the whole world is f*cked!!

Mr Zero
How weird - in other democracies we wait to be told who's one by the official body set up to cont the votes...

Seems like in the USA one side gets to "claim" the election and it's up to the other team to contest the decision legally.

Democracy in action - the USA is an inspiration...to dictatorships and crooked regimes the world over.

The trouble with elections in the USA is that no matter who wins - its a sad day for those of us in the free world.

Afro Cheese
Not cool. You shouldn't generalize a whole country as idiots.

zombieman
You can for a fact that the majority are if you vote Bush in again.

m!$hA
ok me being a 14 year old australian teen know nothing whatsoever to do with bush and kerry (dont even know much about john howard!)
so why is it that if bush is such a dick, that he wins messed
whats wrong with him?

wicker_man
If he has won (which has not officially been confirmed as of yet) I'm just wondering how many more people he's gonna send to their deaths in the name of his idiotic ramblings.

ash007
yeah thing are going to much worse because as i said he has got a majority lead in the senate now.

Which mean he is much more powerful

Ushgarak
I don't know where this over-reaction is coming from., All the Republicans have done is SAID they have won, which anyone is entitled to do all they like before an election is over, at the risk of looking stupid later. They have not yet made a formal declaration of victory.

And when/if they do make one, it would then be up to the Democrats to either contest or concede, and in that respect it's the same as it is in the UK.

Their formal declaration is expected later in the day.

Gregory
What happened, as I understand it, is that one of the states, Ohio, is still technically contested, because not all the write-in-ballots have been counted. He who wins Ohio, wins the election. Bush has a strong majority in Ohio; Karry would have to win 80% of the write-in ballots, which clearly isn't going to happen. So although the posters who claim Bush hasn't really won are technically correct, he clearly has won. If you get my meaning.

Afro Cheese
No, you can't. Well you can, but by calling people you never even met idiots your being idiotic yourself. People can vote for whoever they want. You don't know their personal situations or reasons for voting that way and you shouldn't ridicule them.

RaventheOnly
Our voting and electing process is based on tradition. roll eyes (sarcastic) the clear victor can claim victory and the loser is suppose to conciede with honor... roll eyes (sarcastic) but some are poor losers roll eyes (sarcastic) And the republicans hav not claimed victory yet, last time i heard... and the media would have televised it... not just hear rumors.

RaventheOnly
yes
considering that most absenty ballots are republican and military.... its clear that Bush will have far more then 20% of them.

Jackie Malfoy
Bush won!All they are waiting for is Kerry to say he is steping down.and according to a news channel that I was watching this morning.He is going to do it this time today.
Before ten or maybe if we are lucky before four!Anyway another victory for the Republicans!YEA! JM

Alpha Centauri
Well, , Kerry is not trailing by many and it all comes down to Ohio.

Why the Republicans are so so sure that Bush will win is quite a concern. After Bush's tactics of getting INTO office, this election wont be trusted either way. The presidential election shouldn't be an "anything can happen" election.

-AC

Afro Cheese
I heard that the republicans DID ask Kerry to concied. I even saw a guy from the republican party on tv announcing that since he's been informed that the margin Bush is ahead of Kerry in Ohio is too big to mathematically overcome, that Bush has taken the state of Ohio.

Alpha Centauri
I'm sure the Democrats would have something to say about that though.

-AC

Gregory
And another loss for America.

RaventheOnly
What tactics? if you remember Gore wanted a recount in one single county, while Bush wanted a state wide recont roll eyes (sarcastic) the Demos were dragging thier feet and playing dirty.

Darth Revan
Yeah, the Demos were playing dirty, even though they won the popular vote nationwide. Boy, they sure were playing dirty.

Afro Cheese
I live in Palm Beach County, and Gore wanted a recount for our county because there was a record for people in our county voting for Nader. There are over a million people in Palm Beach county, and it is mostly democratic northerners and minorities. Of course he wanted a recount in Palm Beach county, that's where all the drama was.

Alpha Centauri
I mean, the way I see it your choices were a liar or a person unsure of his choices.

Two evils and the American people, for the most part, picked the greater.

Amazes me how Bush can flat out lie to the faces of the nation and still get them to vote for him.

Oh well. 4 years of uncertainty and bad decisions ahead. If Bush passes the draft to Iraq, then I hope all the Bush supporters are happy.

-AC

Afro Cheese
I'm sorry, my bad, it was Pat Buchanan that there was a record for people in p.b.c. voting for, not Nader.

Darth Revan
You can bet on him passing the draft... He can do whatever the hell he wants now.

KharmaDog
I find it interesting that for the most part, all of the United State's allies are disappointed that Bush is re-elected. I also find it interesting that something like 48% of the people who voted didn't vote for bush. So basically what that means is that 51 % of the united states' population has given bush the power to do as he pleases and are not concerned that almost half of their own country and the rest of the world recognizes that this guy is a loose canon and a risk to international security.

So for the next four years, the american citizens are content to have a president who:

-lied to them to get them into a war in iraq (at least he has another 4 years to find osama in iraq I guess)

-ignored his staff who said that Sadam posed no threat

-removed valuable resources from afghanistan to iraq

-prolonged the service thereby increasing the chance of death of their soldiers

-sells jobs to nations other than his own

- needs to get a dictionary to understands those big words that he tries to use

-destabilized Iraq (which was a secular government and is now at risk to become an fundamentalist islamic state) and actually made a situation where it was easier for terrorists to operate with that country than when Sadam was there (don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of sadam either

-has united many terrorist organizations against a common enemy

-and finally thumbs his nose at his allies and other nations of the world in his own particular "I'm the big boy on the block" manner

good choice people

confused

Darth Revan
Easy for you to say, Canadian stick out tongue

I wish I lived up there sad

Afro Cheese
The only problem I would have with living in Canada is their winters. Other than that I'd probably move up there if I got a chance.

Alpha Centauri
Exactly KharmaDog.

"Nobody, except those who voted against Bush, have the right to complain about jack shit now. Those who voted for him have to suffer what is done to the world and the US by the man they thought was the best for the job, as for those who didn't vote, I hope they get the worst of it."-A Friend.

I completely agree, you voted for him now you deal with what he does and accept it. Those who voted for him and didn't vote at all.

I think it's safe to say the only dumber general populace in the world, than the US, is England. Coincidentally, two best friends.

-AC

KharmaDog
Come on up anytime Darth, we got plenty of beer, maple syrup and hockey pucks to go around
rock

Elondra
I seriously don't understand why people vote for this man.He f***ed up everything already.
It's not just the U.S. that he messes up,it's the whole world. He's a racist cow with racist people behind him and telling him what to do.He's just a muppet.He can't even speak properly, i don't believe he has the brain to actually do anything.

Alpha Centauri
Regardless of what he is, he isn't (not saying Kerry is a saint, but he's certainly the lesser of two evils in my opinion) the man to be president.

But I have to admit, the only population dumber than 51% of American voters is Britain. So we're two peas in a pod.

-AC

Elondra
Oh yes we are at some points. But nobody really likes Bush here except Tony Blair who is his dog.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah and the fact that George Bush is a maniac with our country bent over, greased up and ready for penetration, is a fact that I think sucks.

I hope that the people who voted for him accept that whatever he does is because they voted for him.

-AC

A4E
I know LOL, people who vote for him, must feel like ass if he does something bad, and if they don't I'll make them feel like ass!

KharmaDog
So the big question is......now that he's back in power, who is Bush gonna invade next?

Jackie Malfoy
I just read online that said that Kerry steped down!Yea!Also I don't think Bush would invade anyone else now!Four more years!Oh happy day!JM

A4E
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttt
tttttttt??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
do u mean by stepped down? laughing out loud

*bashes JM*

ClaraG
oh sad i wanted Kerry to win

Drifter101
if either bush or kerry won we were fu**ed any way so i went w/ nader but pff he still has 0% but im still hoping for that 1% to pop in

A4E
same here

Elondra
You gotta be kidding,right?

He's definetly going to invade a Muslim country claiming that Osama bin Laden is there.

Mane
Bush won. Kerry just conceded from the race a few minutes ago.

A4E
yeah i know kerry's pretty ****ed up too, but still, he's still better than bush!!!!!!!!!!

GABRIEL05
GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!

It's all the bread baskets fault! I blame the bread basket!

Mane
apparently he knew he couldnt win. so Bush pwns his ass.

A4E
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

*kills myself*

A4E
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A4E
Americ RIP

GABRIEL05
So. Who here's a Yank?>

Elondra
Oh God I'm gonna kill myself.

GABRIEL05
THe BBC info is accurate, but just a few minutes old. Kerry conceded.

Mane
No shit, Captain Cookie.

GABRIEL05
The news says he was pressured by Dems and Reps to not draw this out like Gore did.

Linkalicious
I just went to CNN and it's offical. John Kerry contacted George Bush to concede...

Bush wins.

Mane

Elondra
Yeah I just read that he did on the guardian website.

GABRIEL05
What in the name of God went wrong? My ballots not even getting counted now because it was absentee!!!
My vote counts mutha ****a's!

Alpha Centauri
The thing is A4E, they apparantly don't mind that he lied to them.

Call me off kilter but that's not something that I consider a pro.

-AC

Elondra
Why did he concede?

GABRIEL05
Because he didn't want to make the gore mistake of dragging it out. He was under pressure from both parties.

A4E
who lied?? i dont get it...

btw, i bet bush's gonna b warring for a long time, then eastern countries r gonna get tired of his bullshit and fight against him, and since tehre r many countries bush's gonna go crying to engkland, germany, spain and france, but those countries better not help him, the americans digged their own grave, and those who voted for bush can o somewhere else stick out tongue

myaktrustsnoone
It kinda makes me laugh that, "sexpistols" up there. Located in England knows so much about bush he can safley say that we are ****ed... Everyone looks at the flaws of bush, what about the the pros?

Opportunity Zones
Crack Down on Drugs in Schools xXx
Social Security Reform
Faith-Based and Community Initiatives
Ect,Ect.

And if bush didnt choose to go to war after the terrorist attack this is what i would be thinking if i were a terrorist.

"Wow, BUSH is doing nothing lets attack again, wait no lets attack several more times. Wait and lets also cut off all supplies the US depends on that comes from the eastern."

Elondra
Yeah but aren't the results really close?Didn't Kerry have a chance of winning?

Linkalicious
thank god middle eastern countries have almost no ability to mobilize their armies.

Aside from terrorists...the US is a pretty damn safe place to be.

GABRIEL05
Yeah. It was a small chance but yes. He should have kept going. THE RED SOX DIDN'T QUIT!!!!!!

GABRIEL05
Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh....

A4E
innocent people dying
job rating going down
economy going down
attacking Iraq just cuz he wants oil
lying!!
and I bet in the next years there will b a lot more!!

Elondra
I wonder what's going on in Osama bin Laden's head. Can't he blow up Bush?

A4E
yup, if china will support other communist countries so bush better b careful

Elondra
Taht's not the main reason why he attacked Iraq.The oil was just a pro.

A4E
lol i know, cant he get like a sniper or something??
ok that's kinda terrorist of me no expression

Elondra
Erm...isn't the only communist country other than China is Cuba?

finti
North Korea, Vietnam just to mention other commie countries

Linkalicious
North....Korea

GABRIEL05
*sigh* we just didn't rock the vote hard enough

Elondra
Oh yeah I forgot about those.

Reborn Again
I just won $10! I bet a friend Bush would win. Not sure America won or loss, but I won!

A4E
others too, Ill tell u later

ash007
Well Kerry concedes, giving President George W Bush a second term in office.

Elondra
ok

Alpha Centauri
"And if bush didnt choose to go to war after the terrorist attack this is what i would be thinking if i were a terrorist."

Wouldn't it have been better if Bush invaded the right country though?

-AC

A4E
LOL yeah, but no COUNTRY attacked, just terrorists

ash007
Ok guys this is about George Bush winning just post your views and reaction on him winning.

If you want to talk about his policy's please go here http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t302671.html

Thanks thumb up

IRON EDDIE 666
What about the downside that he took the country to war in a country that hade not done anything to america? roll eyes (sarcastic)

A4E
cheers dude

Mr Parker
Bush has won? God help us all. mad mad mad sick sick mad mad

wicker_man
As i have said before the "War In Iraq" (round 2) was (i feel) a personal vendetta for his 'old man' with a thinly disguised cover story all in the name of the 'goodness of humantiy'.

A4E
indeed

Mr Parker
Oh totally.

ssj4goku
i am sorry i totally disagree with this forum Bush was a great president or are you all forgeting that kerry backs the french in which they were the first to back away from helping us on the war on terror if i am not mistaken the U.N. also did not back president Bush when we got attacked i say Pres Bush did the right thing i mean what were we supposed to do just let the terroist bomb us and get away with it. F*** that i voted bush and i would never vote for some one that backs the yellow backed french sorry thats just how i feel.

Mr Parker
Bush knew the 9/11 attacks were going to happen from the beginning for christ sakes.He was involved in the whole damn thing.thats something not many people know about or dont want to know about.

ssj4goku
mr parker your full of $h!t you have no ****ing clue as to what happened i know that pres bush would not have let that happen if he knew about it your just a democratic jack @$$ you know nothing you support poverty and people who are to lazy to get ****ing jobs you have no right to say that and i bet you wouldn't have the balls to say it to his face or mine for that matter

wicker_man
I'm not the French nations biggest fan granted, but Bush's tactics were way offhanded proving his ego is bigger then his senses, he only went to war (on Iraq) for his 'old man' using this 'war on terror' Malchy as a lame cover story. Yes 9/11, the Washington Sniper et all were all tragedies and i have disputed strongly on the need for justice in those areas but Bush only went to war for the wrong reasons. As far as i know Bin Laden (the centre figure in the 'Axis of Evil') was never brought to justice during the Iraq conflict, and in all honesty i don't think they were ever planning on capturing him during this time.

Robo-Chocobo
President Bush: WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!
Everyone: WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE
President Bush: WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!
Everyone: WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE
Bush: this is our house...

A4E
god ure stupid, bush got attacked by terrorists, YES he must do somethin, but ytf (why the ****) did he attack Iraq, unless saddam hussein's secret ID is osama bin laden, Bush attacked Iraq for no reason at all

ash007
hey carm down guys please dont bash other members wink

Robo-Chocobo
Bush: WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!

Mr Parker
Like I said,someone who doesnt want to know the real story. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ssj4goku
your forgetting that we did not go to iraq until we found out that they had weapons of mass destruction and that was only after extensive research. we started or war on terror in afghan terroist bases and training camps. we destroyed osama bin ladden and he got what he deserved we also helped the iraqies get their independence from saddam husien and let them choose their form of government. so far all i see us doing is fighting for whats right and well if you dont like it then you need to leave the U.S. cause they are also fighting to keep our freedom

A4E
yeah!! cuz when americans got into iraq they found, atomic bombs, mushroom bombs, everykind of bombs
What the f**k?
think before u post

NyC-gUrL
Bush chair

Alpha Centauri
"your forgetting that we did not go to iraq until we found out that they had weapons of mass destruction and that was only after extensive research"

This major threat (Iraq) was a power with immediate hostile capabilities and nuclear arms plans with WMDs. After research, this was found to be true.

Oh wait, but after real research it was found to be bullshit. George Bush admitted there were none, he knew there were none and he told the entire nation he swore to protect that there was in order to get a backing to go into Iraq.

-AC

wicker_man
If my memory serves me right no WMDs were actually found, leading to the British Government (at least) committing that there were non and there probably weren't any in the first place. Also again down to my memory Bin Laden is still 'alive and well' supposedly even making a recent cameo appearance in the run up to the elections. Mr Bush's 'all guns blazing approach' was to go in do the job and let the country fend for itself, he did not think it through at all.

botankus
Maybe they should move this to the Sports Forum b/c the posts have a strong resemblence to how Yankee fans reacted after they lost Game 7 to Boston!

Linkalicious
*places down "Caution: Wet Floor" sign*

Trickster
Of course, the fact that when the UN wanted to conduct an investigation into the reports of WMD in Iraw they neither found anything nor did the army. It has also been speculated that even if Saddam had started a nuclear weapons program, it would have taken him 25 years to have nuclear ability.

Are you aware that Osama Bin Laden is still alive and still actively campaigning against the US?

A4E is from China, btw, and I must say that I am depressed that your country has re-elected a president that has only worsened the international situation.

ash007
anway John Kerrys speach is on in a few min Go watch it

KharmaDog
The terrorist leaders must be so happy, they still have their boogeyman to rally their troops against.

Myth
OH HAPPY DAY! Kerry's face just got a little longer. Luckily we will never hear from him ever again. Seriously, how often do you hear from the loser? Haven't heard of Dole forever and that was just 8 years ago.

Alpha Centauri
Like Kerry or loathe him, a happy day this is not.

-AC

IRON EDDIE 666
Sigh, OK,:

1)yes something should be done, but not the attack of a country that hasnt dne anything to you

2) the french wouldnt help as they saw the war for what it was. Many of the british people could see it too, but tony blair is so far up bushs arse there was nothing we could do!

NiceGuynj
well this is Kerry fault totally there's no Nader to blame or not winning the popular vote or even the dumb @$$ vote or die.Nothing can save him now and there's no excuses for Kerry he a whimp and a weak person and I didn't even vote for bush or kerry because neither are any special face it.Kerry didn't thorw anything to the table to make the masses bark.The democrates need to win the south and other states like the Dakota's Montana and so on.Bill Clinton got away with it being from the south himself.This is what the Democrates need.

KharmaDog
Or the people could choose not to vote for a lying, warmongering, drunken idiot...but I see your point

Linkalicious
don't diss drunks! nono

you may find yourself drunk one day.

and I'd worry about the warmongering when he tries invading another country. then he's starting to get on Hitler-esque terms.

KharmaDog
I have no problems with drunks...it's the lying, warmongering, idiotic drunks that bother me

loserib
i think its sad how kerry had everybody thinking he would end the war when he himself said he would have went to war with iraq he just would have done it difrent not one person has been able to me why kerry woul;d be a better president other then that bush is bad and bush is an ******* can someone who wanted kerry to win please give me a valid reason why

PVS
HOLY RUN ON SENTENCES BATMAN!!!!

loserib
whats worse i talk the same way i type lol

Linkalicious
Looks like Putin is happy that Bush is still President.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/11/03/election.world.reaction/index.html

KharmaDog
Valid reason #1 Kerry would bring a measure of respectability between the USA and Foriegn Nations

Valid reason #2 Kerry would not be as brutal on the enviroment as Bush's policies have been

Valid reason #3 Kerry seeks to resolve an international situation with international participation and international approval

Valid reason #4 None of Kerry's associates are directly financially profitting from a unethical war that he started

Valid reason #5 Although many of his decisions have been questioned and ridiculed Kerry's record of honesty is a heck of alot better than Bush's

Valid reason #6 Bush's campaign felt it neccessary to question a vietnam vetran's actions in the field and integrity when he returned home while their candidate avoided the conflict all together and spent his time drinking and doing coke

Any of those reasons good enuff for you?

kingcoot
smug mode ---- Kryten

*event* Kerry concedes

BackFire
It's funny, this is actually the FIRST time Bush actually won.

kingcoot
Legally & historically it is the 2nd. Funny.

Ushgarak
That's only an opinion; the body whose job it was to decide that declared otherwise.

(in reference to BF)

Elondra
Which planet is ssj4goku are you living on?

1) No WMD were found and as other people have said Bush knew that there was none.

2) Osama bin Laden is still alive and America no longer has my sympathy if another terrorist attack happens.

3)Saddam Hussein may have been a strict leader but at least he kept the Iraqies under control.Now because he is gone there is a civil war between different groups of people trying to take control of Iraq.

4)I don't understand why the war in Iraq has got something to do with the your freedom.

5)The main reason why Bush attacked Iraq is because Saddam Hussein was the strongest Muslim leader to stand against him. Now without any other leaders he can help Israel take control of Palestine.

Why don't you read newspapers instead of just writing here what you are told.

BackFire
Yep, never won the popular vote though, which is what SHOULD matter in a democracy.

Ushgarak
And if he was aiming for the popular vote he would not have won. But he was not; he was aiming for an Electoral College, so he DID win.

And in fact local representation is what SHOULD matter in a democracy. The possibility of a slight minority win is always a democratic possibility.

BackFire
But why should a person who doesn't actually get teh most votes become president? Sorry, that simply doesn't make sense. Seems last time he won through a loophole rather then through credibility.

Whatever the case, this time he won cleanly no matter how you look at it, so it doesn't matter.

loserib
no not really

1 and 3 are about the same and i was allways thought you should not care what everyone thinks of you

2 is all right if you are into the enviroment

4 depends if you think the war is ethical or not plaus ive seen kerry say himself that he did not plan to end the war and he would have still went just handled it difrently

5 all politicains lie

6 both sides did alot of mudslinging this election

Ushgarak
He won because he did best at the rules of the contest he was playing.

Few democracies elect leaders by popular vote. It is a misapprehension to believe that that is the function of a democracy. Like I say, that function is local representation.

kingcoot
The electoral college has its points. I see the reason for it. I do not want densely populated states dictating who the president will be. Farmers would suffer. Low population dense states supply the basics for living. Corn and other basic grain goods, cotton, and tobacco are all produced in Iowa, Georgia, Nebraska, and South Dakota etc.

Silver Stardust
First thing I heard today when I got to college was that Kerry conceded. What a way to start my day...

BackFire
Well the electoral college is meant to go hand in hand with the popular vote. I doubt when they made the electoral college they wanted it to be a possibility that the person who gets the least amount of votes could win.

kingcoot
The popular vote goes hand in hand with the electoral by state, and not popular vote from New York or California to drain into Iowa. You know I'd not like other voters out of my state voting for my state's decision. United States, not Cities.

Silver Stardust
True -- the EC is supposed to go along with the popular vote, but as was demonstrated in the 2000 election, that doesn't always happen. The EC is in some serious need of reform, I think.

As much as I don't like it, Bush did win this time fair and square. Looks like we have to deal with him for another 4 years.

Jedi Priestess
ya know BF......its hard to picture you as Mr. Body Massage Machine with that av and sig. messed

and I agree, it should never be that the preson who gets the least amount of votes wins. That's just silly.

SaTsuJiN
lol... I dont get why he won.. mostly everyone Ive spoken to thinks he's a real dumbass. Oh well.. I guess another 4 years of people writing his material for him. messed

Ushgarak
Not the least, that's simply not so. You mean they didn't mean it so the person with the most votes could lose.

In fact, they DID mean that, in as much as the system is designed so that popular vote is a major, but not the only, contributing factor.

What IS unusual is that the US is not a plurality system. In the UK, for example, a party cannot win unless it has more than 50% of the popular vote. US Presidents commonly fail to get 50%; in fact Clinton in his first term only got 43%, although his electoral college share was closer to 70%. Clearly the two are not necessarily intended to tally.

In fact Clinton never got a majority vote.

kingcoot
A wise person doesn't claim to know all knowledge. I'd rather have someone who can make decisions and decide than someone who thinks he has 20 ideas that should get considered. Bush trusts people he picks. That is the function of a president, to understand people. That is all you need.

As for what happened in 2000, it also happened in 1888 with Grover Cleavland (D), and Benjamin Harrison (R) in which he won the Electoral and Grover lost with the most popular votes.

KharmaDog
Are you saying that bush is wise?

kingcoot
I'm saying you have to decide if you are to be president. It is scary to have a person with too much knowledge. Knowledge needs time to get processed and with too much knowledge, it could take too much time to think through to decide. I know this personally. It is tough for me to be wise with 20 years of school after I paid attention to every teacher and professor and everything I've attended.

I am also saying it is easier to think things through when you are living in a more quiet atmosphere. Texas is more quiet than Massachusetts if you look at population density.

KharmaDog
Too much knowledge is never a problem. The inability to process that knowledge is a problem. I honestly believe that Mr. Bush has an inability to properly process that knowledge.

It is either that, or sheer arrogance.

KharmaDog
Are you also saying that people in texas can make better judgements just because of the location in which they live?

kingcoot
I'm saying that knowing how people communicate, the chances of someone not thinking clearly is more probable in a bustling city. The more noise there is, the more difficult it is to concentrate. It is tested science. All the science also relates to communication classes, and electronic communication classes. If the noise signal is too loud (in the signal carrier frequency), the information signal is not captured correctly.

I can't speak for Bush, but he has shown he can judge character and improve himself as he takes running seriously and attends meetings on time. Certain things like that require close attention.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>