WHATS THE BEST BRITISH BAND today?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ashtonsNO1fan
personally i think the best band is busted i love mcfly too but busted hav been around longer.

wicker_man
NON, sorry i hate 'em all (Franz Ferdinand exempt but not a huge fan of them either).

Alpha Centauri
9 of those aren't even bands. McFly, Busted, Noise included.

-AC

Df02
The Eighties Matchbox B-line disaster big grin

wicker_man
Give this man a medal, for excellet taste.

Df02
i was torn between eighties matchbox or bloc party.....tough decision for me

KMC
O dear... dunno what to say except for that.
In no way should FF be included in that dismal list.

Kate xx

big gay kirk
Status Quo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or maybe Reel Big Fish.... possibly Turin Brakes.... or The Freed Unit.... or (dare i say it...) The Electric Eclectic excrement Ensemble.....

wicker_man
I don't think Reel Big Fish are British.

Df02
Reel big fish are from california confused arent they?.....

Df02
Eighties matchbox easily deserve the title of best current British band.....no1 even comes close tbh

EDIT: Bloc party are close, but that 1 is just my opinion rather than the blatent fact i put above

EDIT2: any who takes what i put 100% seriously is stupid

EDIT3: but the eighties matchbox b-line disaster are the best British band

MornGlory
OK THESE ARE NOT REAL BANDS that you have in your poll--
there are already about 3 of these posts going on as it is

all the groups you listed are absolute "rubbish"!

most of them are boy bands-- suprised you didnt add Robbie Williams in there

i'm still an Oasis fan!- I know Oasis are huge in England still...they are "brilliant"

MornGlory
O good someone agrees with me

finti
laughing out loud laughing out loud

way overrated crap

MornGlory
well I love them - to pieces

finti
good for you

Filth
The best british band is Cradle of filth!!! why was it not on there???

MornGlory
I still like Oasis and Feeder and Ash

I know the Killers are american but they sound like a cool british band

big gay kirk
Reel Big Fish are a ska band from Measham.... in Leicestershire.... I know one of their three saxophonists....

Red Superfly
Oh, dear, Lord.

Call that a list? Franz Ferdinand are possibly the only BAND on there. This is either a joke or someones retarded pet dog has been posting messages on this board again.

*slaps AshtonsNo1fan*

BAD DOG! Don't play with your owners computer again!

I'm not one for being offensive, but I think this calls for it. Busted/McFly/V fans deserve everything they get. Scum.

Eighties Match B-Line Disaster all the way.

MornGlory
all the roads we have to walk are winding
and
all the lights that lead the way are blinding
there are many things that I would like to say to you
but I don't know how
cause maybe
you are going to be the one that saves me ...

koolruningz
This poll is not a true reflection of the many great British bands out there. I cant find a decent one in that list, is this a sick joke? Wetlife shouldnt even be metioned in these forums unless its to say how shite they are. Along with the decent bands the other posters have mentioned id like to add Massive Attack, Portishead and Morcheeba.

Filth
Franz Ferdinand are s**t!!!

MornGlory
sorry I still love Oasis

they are having a small tour next summer -in england-wish i could go- i wish they would come to America but probably wont

Df02
and even they are god awful, being franz ferdinands bassist and/or drummer has to be the easiest job in the world, 2nd maybe to meg white's position

the fact that this band werent even on the list shows how poor this list is

amity75
Best British band right now is possibly Keane. But that could all change tomorrow.

amity75
Actually Razorlight are pretty good as well.

Alpha Centauri
"Best British band right now is possibly Keane."

Are you absolutely serious? I thought they were candidates for the most awful. When you consider best british band in the world TODAY, would include Radiohead, Muse, The Cure, Iron Maiden, Franz Ferdinand (who I don't even like), The Darkness, Colour Of Fire.

Colour Of Fire, although I doubt any of you have heard of them yet (you may have), are in the top 5 quite easily I think.

-AC

naybean
i dunno if you guys just dont like them or something but the most succesful british band at the moment is Coldplay... surely they should be on the list although its prob an insult to be on that list.

naybean
Muse and iron maiden as well!!! - completely forgot about them until i read AC's post.

Alpha Centauri
Coldplay are Westlife in disguise, Chris Martin himself has said it.

Total shit.

-AC

wicker_man
Radiohead are overated tripe, up there with Oasis and The Sex Pistols (oh and Coldplay).

Also where are The Wildhearts and Motorhead ? (Tsk, Tsk)

MornGlory
I just saw the video for Busted- Thats what I go to school for... or whatever it is called - and it was so craptastic!!!!!!!

they all looked like shit

Alpha Centauri
"Radiohead are overated tripe"

Quite hilarious.

After meeting and analysing all the people who do call Radiohead overrated, tripe or the two together, I've realised something.

You either don't understand their material or don't have the depth perception to handle it. If Maiden is all you can handle then fair enough but don't go dissing bands just coz you lack whatever it takes to understand em.

-AC

wicker_man
Just 'cos i don't like or listein to a certain band doesn't mean i'm any less of a music fan then the next, and yes i do understand there music but the whole depressive music is so boring and mundane, and as i said i listein to alot more bands then just Maiden if you actually bothered to listein to people instead of putting everyone down you'd notice other bands they like.

Alpha Centauri
"Just 'cos i don't like or listein to a certain band doesn't mean i'm any less of a music fan then the next, and yes i do understand there music but the whole depressive music is so boring and mundane, and as i said i listein to alot more bands then just Maiden if you actually bothered to listein to people instead of putting everyone down you'd notice other bands they like."

Funny because alot of Radiohead stuff is actually positive when you get into it. Once again, you label them depressive just like everyone else who doesn't try.

-AC

wicker_man
From what i've listeined too doesn't really strike me as positive music, and don't say i don't try you don't know me so don't label me, as labelling seems something you are quite keen on.

Alpha Centauri
Well either way depressive is all in how you take it. To me Radiohead produce at most, melancholic music. Never depressive.

If you get depressed by Radiohead then that's not too good at all.

But to each their own.

-AC

sexyking
Cold play rock.

koolruningz
"Coldplay" is one word. wink

Alpha Centauri
They're also one dimentional.

-AC

wicker_man
I think he means 'Dimensional'.

Alpha Centauri
Quite easily understandable save for that one letter that you felt you had to make an entire post to point out.

Sorry it disrupted you to the point that you had to make a post about it.

Yes I meant dimensional. Not a typo but more of a lack of effort and concentration.

Still, thanks for that.

-AC

wicker_man
Thank you. I'm all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.

Alpha Centauri
You speak the truth about me having a unique point of view like it's sarcasm.

Never mind, we've been here and done this. Dropping it.

-AC

wicker_man
No thats the truth, this is sarcasm:

"You sound reasonable...Time to up my medication".

Now we'll drop it smile

papabeard
This poll must have been created by a musical heathen.

I think the best british band at the moment, and for the last 10 years is Bloc Party.

They are incredible.The music is very multi-faceted, so many layers, textures and inter-weaving rythyms.Every song on their album "SILENT ALARM" is worthy of release as a single.ALbum of the Year

Victor Von Doom
Simple answer to this question is Radiohead, by such a margin it's laughable.

rockchickgem
im sorry but all of those bands are rubbish in my opinion

Darth_Lucifer
In my opininon the Best bittish Bands around now are LostProphets, Funeral for a Friend and i might add the Darknessbig grin

Alpha Centauri
Eghhhh, Lost Prophets.

That's bad enough IMO. Funeral for a Friend are just trash.

-AC

bakerboy
Today, ill say u-2 or the rolling stones.

Alpha Centauri
U2?

News to me that they fit into best British band catagory.

-AC

bakerboy
They are irish, so, they are british. England, Ireland, Scotland and wales are all british.

Alpha Centauri
They are the British Isles yes.

U2 do not, nor have they ever considered themselves to be a British Rock band.

-AC

bakerboy
One thing is what they considered theirselves and another thing is what they are. But by the way, they are better than any british band today.

Alpha Centauri
They are not better than any British band today.

They're not in the top 5. Yes, yes I went there.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
In your opinion of course. In mine they are about 8 percent of Radiohead.

bakerboy
Yeah, all its matter of opinion, as always. And that is my opinion. For me , u-2 are the best band today alongside with the rolling stones.

Deathblow
Porcupine Tree, no competition.

papabeard

Pyro GOI
Muse!
Why isn't Muse on it? Didn't they won the Best British Band award on the MTV Europe Music Awards?

Alpha Centauri
Yes but that doesn't mean shit.

They're a great band but not the best today.

-AC

Pyro GOI
C'mon. Your saying that Busted is better than Muse?

Alpha Centauri
The hell?

Where did you get that from? Muse are great but they are not the best British band today. Awards mean nothing nowadays.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Muse are too insular to be the best anything.

bobby_sox
my top 10 British bands of recent times (in no particular order)....

British Sea Power
Elbow
Asian Dub Foundation
Radiohead
Shack
The Zutons
Campag Velocet
The Coral
The Bandits
Kasabian

Punk Tiger
The poll is closed.... but I would go for Franz Ferdinand, I 'liked' Busted (until they split) and I like McFly and I've liked them for longer than FF (only just got to like Franz Ferdinand but I've just hooked to them, in a click of a finger)

Alpha Centauri
Anyone who likes Busted or McFly knows absolutely nothing of music.

-AC

bobby_sox
agreed

Df02
and just fitting he likes Franz aswell stick out tongue

Punk Tiger
Were you talking about me? Because if you were I'm no 'he'

Alpha Centauri
No wonder you liked Busted.

-AC

Df02
couldnt care less if u were guy/girl/both...if in doubt i put he...the main point however is u like busted, mcfly and franz ferdinand....

Reckoning
I don't know if The Cure counts as British but Robert Smith certainly is. The Cure kicks all their asses.

Alpha Centauri
Being that all the members are British, I think that might count.

I still put Radiohead and Zeppelin above them.

-AC

Punk Tiger
OK OK, point given but I'm just saying I don't want to get genders mixed up so keep your hair on roll eyes (sarcastic)

ashtonsNO1fan
i agree ash is a great band, i have to admit when i set this one up when i was in my pop sensation stage but i still think mcfly and franz ferdinand are good, does anyone like fightstar? wat about simple plan?

Alpha Centauri
Oh no.

Is it even possible to like McFly, Fightstar and Simple Plan? Surely NO ONE is that gullible.

-AC

Df02
haha, the simple planners like Fighstar...thats just the final nail in Charlie's coffin!

Libertine
Muse and the Libertines.

Alpha Centauri
Radiohead and Colour of Fire, by some light year stretch.

-AC

Smasandian
Radiohead.

Slytherin Girl
The Darkness ^^

huni b da bomb
Coldplay all the way lol!!!

Df02
yourcodenameis:milo

SlipknoT
Cradle of Filth or Iron Maiden

Alpha Centauri
^^^Never.

-AC

Red Superfly
Zeppelin.

RagnaViper
Iron Maiden

Df02
Best British band Today

yourcodenameis:milo and 65days of static

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
^^^Never.

-AC Me or the Coldplay kid?

Alpha Centauri
Both, really.

Although Cradle of Filth and Iron Maiden quite clearly have more claim to be called best anything more than Coldplay.

-AC

The Highlord
Def Leppard

amity75
Best current British band? Maybe Gorillaz.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.