What if?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
We all know of the series "What if.....?" where we see what would happen if people had different powers, no powers, or if events in the comic world had unfolded differently.

The purpose of this thread is to make up your own with a twist. Instead, take any event you want no matter how random or big and swap characters.

One my friend and I discussed was "What if Abomination stormed the X-Mansion instead of Juggernaut?"

Roll with this one then when it's done, we'll drop another.

-AC

mordamor22
What if peter parker got impaled by the green goblin instead of scarlet spider???

Sarsaparilla
what if Mary Jane was killed instead of Gwen Stacy?

Arachnoidfreak
What if Parker was bitten by a radioactive dung beetle!?

Alpha Centauri
No...no....NO! Dis es not da rulsh.

The rules are, you come up with opinions on what would happen with the one I said. What may cause it so happen, how it would happen, any casualties, what would happen after etc.

Then after we've run that a bit. We'll drop some more and discuss those ideas.

-AC

Krissy Von Doom
Abomination is more susceptible to telepathy than Juggernaut, so he'd probably cause less damage

ScarletSpider
Though more susceptable to telepathy, they still cannot keep him fully under control. They track down the Hulk to enlist his aid in finally defeating him. He helps them, Banner and Xavier find that with Xavier and Jean's help, the Hulk can be kept docile and controllable. Banner joins with the X-Men, he and Beast search for a cure to his condition (which for plot purposes they never really find), while Banner agrees to Hulk out and go on field missions with the team, being kept in a mellow and suggestive state by the telepaths (kind of how Sentry tamed him and kept him around).

Nataku8188
OR! Abomination breaks into the X-mansion. Not being usntopable, Iceman freezes him. The group believes him to be stuck... except be breaks out and grabs an unsusupecting Cyclops. Crushing him with one hand, Abomination sends Beast into a rage unlike anything ever shown by him before. In 2 pages of superb panels, Beast pummels Abom like no tomorrow... but to no avail. Jean grey attempts to psychicily hold him, but can't concentrate because of Cyclops' death. Abom breaks free and nearly kills Iceman, leaving him paralyzed in half of his body. Meanwhile, Beast suffers brain damage and takes off. Magneto takes Beast in and he becomes fast friends with Sabretooth.

ScarletSpider
And Angel's just in the back eating a muffin.

Arachnoidfreak
I still like the dung beetle thing.

Alpha Centauri
Excellent stuff Scarlet and Nataku.

I was thinking in an adaptation of Scarlet's story. Abomination storms the mansion because they are helping Hulk/Banner find a cure and he wants it to himself. The warning systems go off and Banner immediately says "Don't bother." knowing that it wont even bother Abomination. Then they prepare for him to break in, attack on all fronts. Colossus, being brave, storms out the mansion, seconds later he comes flying back through the wall landing on Shadowcat fatally injuring her. Wolverine gets a couple of stabs in from the back but Abomination breaks his arm and sends him flying. Jubilee then helps him away with Beast and Rogue and they escape. Abomination is about to take out Professor X when Juggernaut steams through the wall, claiming that his brothers death will be on his hands alone, they tussle, with Abomination having the upper hand. Then Jug fighting back. After Prof X is sent flying into Banner, he rages out and it turns into a triple throwdown.

-AC

lightaxe
He cant break wolverines arm, his bones are covered in adamantium.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah I realised that as I was just reading it back.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
And then a swarm of dung beetles swarm in!

ScarletSpider
He could still rip Wolverine's arms off. His bones are adamantium, however his ligaments and tendons are not.

Alpha Centauri
Cool. Anymore ideas? Or anyone wanna drop a new scenario (existing or new) on the table?

-AC

ScarletSpider
I can't think of any at the moment, although I can't wait for the 5th week event What Ifs? Marvel is doing in December. "What If Kevin Smith Finished His Work?"--would be interesting indeed!

Maestro
There's a new ''what if'' coming out, about what if glen talbot got the hulks powers instead of bruce banner.

Cue Asian Hulk.

Arachnoidfreak
DUNG BEETLES

Nataku8188
Dude... when Juggs attacked the mansion it was the original 4 X-men, wasnt it ?

ScarletSpider
It was the original X-Men, but the original team consisted of 5 people. Cyclops, Angel, Beast, Iceman and Marvel Girl (Jean Grey).

mordamor22
do mine because i posted second....ill repeat it

What if peter parker got impaled by the green goblin instead of scarlet spider

that would certenly be interesting

Nataku8188
Not really. It'd just be him dieing after GG killed him.

ScarletSpider
Then there would be the soap opera element, with Peter having died while his "twin brother" is still alive, and Peter left behind his wife and etc. etc.

Nataku8188
A much better What if...

What if Professor X and onslaught became like bruce banner and hulk ?

Alpha Centauri
That's an interesting one indeed...

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
Dung beetles...

crazyspinz
u have a thing for dung beetles dont you?

heres a what if, what if magneto deid in AoA instead of prof X.

Nataku8188
Uhm.... then it would probably be like normal X-men, ya know.... without Magneto. Because Prof. X stopped Apoc, remember ?

pr1983
yeah, laughing out loud

Arachnoidfreak
I think "What if Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive dung beetle?" is still the best one yet.

crazyspinz
this is true, i didnt think about that at all before i posted it

crazyspinz
heres one, what if wolverine never left the weapon X program, like what if he still worked for them and sabertooth too

pr1983
i know i'm a little off topic but was there ever a "what if" comic where punisher killed the x-men?

Nataku8188
What if punisher killed the marvel universe.

crazyspinz
there was a comic series where the punisher killed all earths heros execpt for thor hulk and iron man

pr1983
can u tell me the title please and number if it applies

crazyspinz
i dont have the comic, i saw it in a shop, looked to stupid to buy. sorry

pr1983
ok, no someone told me about it, i'm just curious is all

crazyspinz
k

Arachnoidfreak
http://www.punisher-art.com/original_art/comic_pages/pkmu/pkmu.htm

Nearly the entire comic.

pr1983
thx, owe you one

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.