I think its here!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punker69
You know for some reason I really think the Passion is gonna beat TITANIC.And im really rooting for it.But first it has some movies to beat before Titanic

It has to beat

The Matrix Reloaded for highest grossing R-rated movie
Lotr:ROTK :365,000,000 (not exact)
Spider-Man:400,000,000 not exact
And then all it has to do is beat TITANICS billion . 8 record.

yerssot

SlipknoT
thats what those movies would have grossed if they had been released today, and I think some of those are world wide

VilleValo462
how much has Passion grossed so far ?

roundisfunny
Here is tonight's (3/7/04) Yahoo story on the total so far...about $212 million.

VilleValo462
it might beat it .. i think it will ..

Punker69
i hope it does

shadow link
theres as much hope as lotr maybe a bit less because its riding the wave of christian viewers, but we dont know if that will continue and stuff, yeha and rememebr its an R rating. i dont think it will beat lotr, its already behind and lotr and titnaic both got 11 accademy awards and the passion cant really get that many got of the type of movie it is and yeah. theres too many things to consider for it to get pass 350 mill domestically.

and as for the worldwide total, i dont think so. there wont be a movie for a loooooooong time that will cross the 1 billion mark, lotr and titanic r in the elete. i dont thin the passion will amount much around the world because of the controvery on its story and stuff, like people most of asia r hindus so its not like its going to be cult hit there, theres a 100 million lost there. yeah

plus it didnt have huge debuts in australia and new zealand like rotk did, rotk broke the opening day record and weekend in like 10 countries and the opening day record in like 20

check this out to get wat im talking about - conflitcting religious views http://www.empiremovies.com/cgi-bin/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1078691879,63330, (read the whole thing)

-it will deffinately cross the 300 mill mark domestically

fini
hmmmm, there is finally a movie for all those religious zealots to go see. AND perfect timing, during lent too. THe movie could get a hell of a lot of money , but i dont know about breaking Titanic records. BUTTTTTTTTTT it does have/ or will have a larger veiwership than popular movies, so you never know.

Think about it, did you see your preist go see ROTK or ET??????????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.