Most Overused Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blindfold
What is the most overused power?

Telepathy, Super Strength, Telekinesis, Fire related powers, teleportation, or shapeshifting?

I tried making this a poll but I messed up.

/\RK
i think either telepathy or super strength

there are heeps of telepaths in x-men
and alot of people with enhanced strength

pr1983
telepathy, ark is right.

also energy blasts are pretty common

Alpha Centauri
Gotta be some kinda telepathy. The X-Men like their telepaths.

-AC

sema
Telepathy. What else? But it is a mighty force, I like it. cool

Spiderman_RJ
blasting energy are the most, no matter what type of it. cosmic, mind made, laser, .........

lightaxe
man it seems like everyone on the xmen has energy blasts.

NiceGuynj
Telepathic of course in the movies and in some X men comics they point out that most mutants have Telepathy powers.

Sage Tessa
Telepathy, every other character has it in some form or other...

kohl
energy based powers as well.

RoguePw25
Telepathy is defaintly #1. It seems like every character is a physic or something.

crazyspinz
telepathy, it was cool, but now everyone is doing it, now its boring. *shakes fist at marvel writers for ruining power

Blindfold
Telepathy (and forms of) - Jean Grey, Psylocke, Revanche, The Stepford Cuckoos, Emma Frost, Xorn, Sage, Professor Xavier, Marvel Girl, Cable, X-Man, Destiny, Carter, Cassandra Nova, Goblyn Queen, Link, Fixx

Strength - Beast, Colossus, Juggernaut, Rogue, M, Thunderbird I, Warpath, Frenzy, Toad, Feral, Sabra, Captain Britain, Purge, Sunspot

Teleportation - Nightcrawler, Blink, Hub, Slipstream, U-Go Girl, Venus Dee Milo, Lila Cheney

Shapeshifter - Mystique, Morph, Meggann

Fire - Chamber, Sunfire, Sunpyre, Pyro, Thunderbird III, Rusty Collins, Phoenix, Marvel Girl, Meltdown, Magma, Sunspot, Fever Pitch, Pete Wisdom

Telekinesis - Shola, Cable, X-Man, Mavel Girl, Cassandra Nova, Hellion, Jean Grey, Goblyn Queen

crazyspinz
lots of people can heal too: wolvie, deadpool, sabertooth, archangel, agent X, that new guy on the new xmen, and i think beast can abit too

Jury
All kinds of powers are considered energies.... it is the same when saying "all mutants have mutations".

But the issue at hand is the common specifications... i.e: telepathy, telekinesis, teleportation, super-strength, etc.

In that case, and if this would have been a Poll, I should go for:

Telepathy

stick out tongue

powerfulone1987
I'd definitely have to say super strenght.

Shadow_King
telepathy

eleveninches
1.telepathy
2.energy blats/energy beams
3.telekinesis (including specific forms. eg, pyrokinesis, magnetic control, weather control)
4.Super strength
5.Healing Factor
6.Polymorph

eristole
personally i think adamantium is overused, man just to many people out there have had it, have it or have access to it, i mean come on it's supposed to be the rarest metal on earth and there are just to many people that have it to make it that rare.

guess that doesn't really count as a power, but sabretooth had it, wolvie had it lost it and has it again, kain has it on his arm, god the list goes on and on. not to mention every door in the x-universe is made of adamantium so wolvie can't cut through it.

so yeah, it's not the most common power in the x-world but it is the most overused i think.

eleveninches
wolveine
sabertooth
x-23
cap america

any more???

platformskater
bullseye, lady deathstrike(?) and cyber also had adamantium

eleveninches
what happenned to logan's adamantium when magneto tore it from him?

eristole
it was transferred into sabretooth, from the same people that did logans(weapon x, etc) logan had to get "new" adamantium from a .. different place wink

Agneto
I think that telepathy and fire related powers are my answer

Shadow_King
sabertooth got adamantium wicked.

radioboy121
I'm relatively outdated, but didn't Wolverine get Sabertooth's adamantium when he defeated him for the role of Death?

As to the most overused power in general, that would be super-strength. Every team apparently needs a super strong character. I was hoping they could go beyond that when they created the defunct "New Universe," but...

Shadow_King
another over used power is concussive blasts coming out of hands???

Paola
Agnie!!! clap

Shadow_King
agine????

Paola
I said: "Agnie".... pay atenttion King! shifty

Shadow_King
whats Agnie than????

Agneto
HELLO PAO!!! Good to be back, and good to "see" you again hug

Agneto
I'm Agnie if you want to know stick out tongue

Shadow_King
oh ok then hello. agnie

Agneto
Hello big grin

Paola
^ hug

Shadow_King
stop getting off topic.

Agneto
You shouldn't talk like that to a mod nono stick out tongue

Shadow_King
well she talks like that too us.

Agneto
Well she's a mod you know, she has the rights stick out tongue

Shadow_King
stop getting so off topic agneto.

Agneto
Same to you, mate roll eyes (sarcastic)

And just to stay on TOPIC, another overused power is enhanced, superhuman strength IMO

Shadow_King
Another overused power is..... morphing.

RoguePw25
I would say telekenesis and telepathy together. I mean, how many characters have those 2 powers combination? Too many! Seems like they can't have 1 without the other.

ayjay
yeeh telepaths and tk's are all over the place in one form or another

Filipp
Telapthy i mean come on!!!!!! the list is end less!!!!!!!!!!!!(unlike plasma Powers) laughing out loud Happy Dance Happy Dance cool

Shadow_King
i think the most overused powers is super strength

Filipp
Prob super streghth (aswell) yes

C-h-A-m-B-e-R22
TK an telepathy.

Fire is the most used of the elemental powers

Mainstream
I'm going with Flying...think about it over half the super powered characters can fly.

Filipp
I agree whith the fire yes and the flyin

Mainstream
flying is over used...over half the Xmen and the JLA can fly.

Filipp
but telepathy is most used and u know what pissis me of the most ...............................YOU NEVER KNOW WHOS THE BEST!!!!! messed

Mainstream
telepathy isn't over used...maybe in the Xman books but flying...

Filipp
Jean, rouge, storm who else Happy Dance

Mainstream
Sunspot, Rachael Summers, Cable, X Man, Sunprye, Magneto, Fire star, Angel, Banshee, Siryn, Cannonball, M, Goblin Queen, Death Bird Apocalypse..I think can fly he did on the 2 Xmen cartoons, Gladiator, just to name a few all these Xmen related characters can fly..Justice League and those how have been in the JLA is even worst.

Filipp
FU** ME!!!!!! that many....... shit

Mainstream
more than that I'm afraid that was from the top of my head.

Filipp
OH MY FU**ING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the top of your head!!!!!!!! how can you not go crazy!!!!!!!!

Mainstream
who said I wasn't crazy?

Filipp
what u mea.......oh........well never mind nowons perfect

Filipp
wat u mea...................oh........................never mind nowons perfect

Mainstream
I was just kidding..now let me list some of the JLA past and present who can fly....Superman, Wonderwoman, Green Latern (they have been like 5 main earth GL's) Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Red Tornado, Captain Marvel, Captain Atom, Martain manhunter, Spectre, Red Sun, Orion (he uses a jet pack thingie but I think I'll count him) Steel (the black guy John Henry Irons verison) Doctor Fate, and tons more. once again this was just off the top of my head.

Filipp
The jet pack thingi guy dont count so.......thats one down blink

C-h-A-m-B-e-R22
Tk is used to make goblyn queen and jean fly.

Magneto and Polaris repel against earths magnetic force to fly so yeah

Mainstream
Magento and his daughter float..but floating is basically flying too.

C-h-A-m-B-e-R22
I guess...

Jason Horan
And floating is levitating stick out tongue

Mainstream
which is kinda like flying as well.

C-h-A-m-B-e-R22
True true... happy

Mainstream
over half the heroes and villians of any universe fly..including all the decepticons..you know the evil tranformers.

ZephroCarnelian
Yeah, weird how the Decepticons can fly but the autobots can't innit?

Mainstream
Yeah..why is it the Decon can fly and only Autobots that turn into jet and stuff can?

eleveninches
"superhuman strength"

Mainstream
that would been my second choice next to flying.

Gryn Jabar
Flying. At least telepathy and Telekinesses (sp) has interesting implications.

Abbita
aint it obvious? bringing people back to life yes

Mainstream
hmmm. mabye so.

Devalion
Isn't lady deathstrike another?

Lydia_J
Flying is one of the most common and it doesnt seeof much use or interest.

ebonyblade1
I believe it's flying. Because since prehistoric times man wished he could fly. Then again telepathy would have to be ranked number 2. and that is probably because if we were to gain powers in real life. It will probably be some lame clairovoyant kind of power. wink

Mainstream
flying.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.