Jury debates over Scott Peterson’s fate…

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kiyoung80

RaventheOnly
eek! i say the jury eats him confused i mean.... well i mean.... *runs out of the room quickly*

Dr. Strangelove
I'll be glad when it's over really.

finti
dont know anything about the case

MornGlory
so.. fill me in... is the jury discussing the verdit "right now" -

are we finally just waiting for the verdict !!!

i have this horrible feeling he will get a way with it sick

LOVE Nancy Ray on Court TV - she cracks me up!!

Darth Surgent
There isn't good enough evidence to convict this man. This case is far too circumstantial, and that is why the death penalty should not be considered. At least if the Jury convicts and down the line evidence is brought to light that exonerates him, there can be room for a reversal if he is given a non-lethal sentence.

If you care to know my perspective in this case, I live in California, and was actually called for Jury Duty in Redwood City (where the Peterson jury is from) on the day they actually picked the jury. I didn't make it to jury selection because they had enough already, but I make sure to follow aspects of this case daily. I would vote not guilty, but at least I would not employ the death penalty. Rhetoric and mirepresentations have mucked up the facts of this case, and no one should be quick to judge.

I think that his defense attorney provided terrible representation, and merely fed into the show-trial aspects of this situation. He has hurt Peterson's chances with his methods. Scott Peterson will probably be found guilty.

And Nancy Grace is a partisan hack for prosecutors.

BadKitty
it's pretty awful http://www.courttv.com/trials/peterson/110304_ctv.html

MornGlory
yea Nancy Grace - thanks!! thats who I meant - she cracks me up

MornGlory
this is like OJ trial of the 90s but the accused man was a nobody...

we all know how the OJ trial ended--

I think more women want to see Scott P hang and a lot of men support him

finti
oh yeah we had a thread about those murders here in the GDF, but that was ages ago. Remember it now

pr1983
there isnt enough concrete evidence, if hes guilty let him rot, but they must make sure hes guilty in the first place.

Jackie Malfoy
OJ should had been put in jail after all he did it.Anyway I argee Scott Peterson should get a death sence.Hopfully the judge will see that.Or in jail with no bail.
Glad it is over too.JM

finti
you are against abortion but for death pnalty

Jedi Priestess
I am.
And Surge you are kidding? The man couldnt get any guiltier. He needs to fry. Not that he will, you guys havent excuted anyone in forever have ya?

finti
how do you justify to be for death penalty but against abortion

SlickRick69
Being for the death penalty but against abortion is kinda easy to justify in a basic sort of way...

giving a person what, 18 years to live and grow to adulthood, to 'legal age' of execution, and to make enough 'fatal errors' in judgment, to prove themselves worthless, unworthy of continuing life, is easy...

taking away their right to live mere months after conception could be argued, by the same death-penalty proponents, as being cruel and unjust, because the unborn fetus hasn't been given the same chances to prove how screwed up its life will be if it is allowed to be born...

see? for the death penalty, but against abortion...

not that I'm taking a stand on either case, but the argument can be made...

Turbo-Cajun
This case isnt any different that the 10,000 other murders that take place every year in the United States.. to be honest I'm ****ing sick of hearing about it. I hate tabloid news... do honestly think that anyone would have even heard of this case if it were balck man who killed a black woman? no... the only really famous crimes involve white victims. Its retarded, there is nothing about this case that has me interested at all... its should be treated like any other criminal investigation and there should be trial to figure out what happened and who is guilty, but Im seriously pissed that this has become national news when it has no effect on me whatsoever... there wont be any new legislation because of it, nothing... its just another murder. Nothing special about it.

Turbo-Cajun
No ablitly for people to change? No chance for rehabilitation?

And btw- they dont always wait their 18 to sentence them to death. Minor get charged as adults frequently.

Darth Revan
Am I the only one who finds it HIGHLY disturbing that JM can't spell "death sentance" but still supports it?

CherryPie
I think they should give peterson the chair! the sick basturd!

Turbo-Cajun
What if he were hypothetically innocent? Wouldnt make the Judge and Jury repsonsible for his death if he were executed? would they get electrocuted for killing someone who was falsely accused? no they wouldnt... doesnt seem like a fair sentence to hand down if there is no accountability.

MC Mike
Well I'm against death penalty and for abortion. stick out tongue

I feel it's a moral duty to save any person, regardless how evil.

But a fetus is neither evil nor good. Just a bunch of cells, like all of us, except without a "soul" or something to that effect.

Darth Surgent
We've executed 10 people total, but there haven't been any executions here for a few years. On the other hand, Texas has executed 332 people total.........

I think I'd choose California....

And as I said earlier, there has been a lot of misinformation that the media has spread in this case, and the evidence is 100% circumstantial. All that I'm saying is that with such unreliable evidence, the death penalty should not be quickly applied. It would leave no room for error. There's no reason he can't be given a life sentence instead.

Oh, and the death penalty doesn't work as a deterrent. Bye. stick out tongue

MornGlory
will Scott Peterson be found GUILTY or NOT GUILTY?

the jury is deliberating at this moment??

if you don't know much about the case... (if you live in america, it is one of the most talked about issues next to the election)

http://www.lacipeterson.com/

Storm
Jury debates over Scott Peterson's fate?

MornGlory
o sorry didnt know there was another posting- but quite the same as mine

AvP
who the hell is scott peterson

MornGlory
Scott Peterson is being accused of killing his 8 month pregnant wife ...
dumping her body in a lake in Cali.. - all they found was her torso so far and the fetus (no head)- plus he is a cheater and liar.. blah blah
anyways the trial and media has been going on for over a year now..

Darth Revan187
Perhaps the baby burst out of her chest and walked off.

AvP
i hardly doubt it was a chest burster

MornGlory
possibly **sigh**

AvP
wheres sigourney weaver then

Darth Revan187
Maybe ol' Scotty was attempting a premature c-section and accidentally cut off her head instead? confused

MornGlory
I like you Metallica sig ^^

AvP
i think this thread will get closed

MornGlory
why is this thread getting closed?
whats wrong with it

darkcrown
that guy will burn in hell and i will stand next to my fellow satanists and together, we will watch him suffer!!! mad

TrAnCeDuO
i think everyone is just flipping out on assumption. too many people are condemning him without any real judgement.

MornGlory
so you think he is innocent???

i think there is something there...

why does he look like Ben Affleck.. thats just evil right there

TrAnCeDuO
no i dont think hes innocent i just think nobodys judging him fairly.

silver_tears
Ummm what evidence is there?
I've read numerous articles and now I'm more confused than ever confused

Jackie Malfoy
That does not make any sence MC!Abortion is killing a thing that indeed has a soul and is going to be a baby.A person is a person no matter how small.
How can you be againt the death penty and still support abortion?You are killing a human for the death panty and for abortion is alot worst you are killing a human baby.
JM

MornGlory
when is the jury going to be done diliberating?

i'm getting nervous

Darth Revan
You know what really bugs me, is how so many people are killed in drive-by shootings, or by gangs, or what have you, and they make such a big deal out of this piece of crap case no expression

Charge the damn fool with two counts of murder and get over yourselves already roll eyes (sarcastic)

drunk_nazgul
Yeah, honestly.

Silver Stardust
Finally, someone with some common sense...

silver_tears
I disagree erm

Silver Stardust
They're dragging this trial out waaaaaay too long erm get it freaking over with already, you know?

silver_tears
Yea I know what you mean I suppose, but it's so horrific I think people should be informed of the kids of monsters out there no

Lord Soth
Guilty.....not only is there an amazing amount of circumstantial evidence against him, but his behavior following Laci's disappearance was extremely suspicious. He's going down

MornGlory
I have a horrible feeling he will be aquited (sp?) -- because they dont have enough evidence

I mean the only big thing they have on him is all those stupid phone tapes of him and Amber Fry talking

(personally, I think Amber Fry is a little skanky) huh

and then just like OJ there will be another free murderer in Cali.. i guess there are tons of free murderers in the world

Darth Revan
Yeah, but ALL murders are horrific. And people are killed all the time in ghettos, but nobody seems to care about that. A murder is a murder, as far as I'm concerned. If the guy killed his very pregnant wife, he killed two people. Big ****in deal. Yeah, it was horrible and disgusting and he should rot in a jail cell for doing that, but it's still not any different from any other murder.

silver_tears
Well blame the media, one murder is a tragedy, a million is simply a statistic. I mean through media we really got to know the family and stuff, so you feel like this is a family on your street, and it could happen to the couple next door even, you know..... Like I feel especially bad about this case, yes murders go on everyday, but you dont get to know those people erm

MornGlory
hmmm I guess my thread and this other persons thread merged together ... interesting

ragesRemorse
yeah, i beleive without a doubt that this guy went fishing on christmas eve by himself at night time.

MornGlory
^^ are you serious??

ragesRemorse
Not even the slightest bit. However, that exscuse is so bad is just might be true.... No...no it's just a bad exscuse.

Jury
i thought its me... stick out tongue (j/k)

MornGlory
^^ huh

ragesRemorse
thats what i was thinking.

MornGlory
no expression huh ONCE AGAIN!

ragesRemorse
beer beer big grin beer beer

MornGlory
2guns alien2

Shaolin Monk
welp, verdict reached, gonna be announced at 1pm PT today...I think he's guilty!

KidRock
scott peterson was just found guilty of 1st degree murder on laci and 2nd degree on Connor.. he is SCREWED

-=Urot=-
http://www.adena.com/adena/mo/chgoto.jpg

Looks like he's not going anywhere any time soon. stick out tongue

WindDancer
Indeed it is over:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/11/12/peterson.verdict/index.html

Jedi Priestess
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

and that go to jail image is the funniest thing Ive seen in a post for awhile picture-wise laughing

MornGlory
YESSSSSSS!!! SCOTT IS GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WindDancer
Man I wish the firing squad was back in the US.

MornGlory
he probably will just get life in prison - I doubt he will be put to sleep or whatever they do in Cali. -

being put to sleep is an easy way to die

cornponious
Share your condemnation!

Good riddence you murdering bastard!!!

corn

Afro Cheese
If there is a Hell I hope he burns in it.

RaventheOnly
Its still legal in like wyoninmg eek!

Fiery Eyes
Yessssssssssssssssssssss he's quilty, I knew it.

MornGlory
his lawyer wasnt even there for the verdict- Garagos is such a looser like Scott

SMOKE187
give me an ak47 :: grabs ak47 and blasts scott peterson for killing his wife and child::

MornGlory
hmmmmmm.... then you will be on trial for murder???

can you afford Garagos... but maybe you dont want him he screwed this case up

Fiery Eyes
Wonder if he'll get the death penalty or not?? In 10 days guess we'll find out.

Afro Cheese
I hope not. That's the easy way out. I hope they send him to the crappiest piece of shit prison there is.. I'm tired of rich people getting special treatment.

MornGlory
I hope Scott Peterson gets life - he will probably get his a@@ kicked in jail

doesnt Scott Peterson look sort of lik Ben Affleck??? anyone else see that resemblence?

Jackie Malfoy
THey annouce on tv on friday at four (my time) that he was found guity but they are still deciding weather he should be put to death or life in jail.
I wish they could just had made up there mind.The next trail date is in feb.So I am guessing he is in jail until then.Inleast lets hope so.What ever they decide to do to him is fine with me.JM

MornGlory
the trial date is in Feb??!!!

I thought it was in 10 days!?? confused

but doesnt matter what his fate is now he is going to be punished big time - he will be someone's ***** -

Scarpa
Well, the title explains itself. So what do you think does that B@st@rd deserve it?

The Inkeeper
Already a thread for this.

No, nobody deserves death

Scarpa
That guy deserves to be traped to a low voltage electric chair so that its more painful when he dies

MC Mike
Nobody deserves death.

Jedi Priestess
Except Scott Peterson....

Afro Cheese
I don't like the death penalty.. but if he killed his wife without a shadow of a doubt... I won't feel an ounce of sympathy for him when he fries.

WindDancer
Fry his ass in the chair for killing his pregnant wife.

Scarpa
agreed thumb up

MC Mike
No, not except Scott Peterson. I'm Christian, and therefore I believe everyone deserves life. If there's a Catholic out there that wants him dead, that person should reconsider his/her reigious standings.

T.M
i dont know who this guy is but if he killed his pregnant wife then i agree with WindDancer & Scarpa

fry him

SilverFlames
I'd cut out my own stomach with a kitchen knife before saying that Scott Peterson doesn't deserve death.

BackFire
I don't care either way.

KidRock

Tptmanno1
Not death, Let him rot in a cell for the rest of his life. If he did it. (I'm just saying...)
I'm Anti-death penalty, No one, not even him deserves death.

Fire
I'm against the death penalty noone has the right to take another humans life, but also no legalsystem has the right to take another humans life

MC Mike
^ yes

Kontraz
you should read the bible then. God COMMANDS us to kill those who kill...

BackFire
I'm willing to bet money he'll get the death penalty. And when/if he does, i sure as hell won't be bitching about it.

MC Mike
So God is commanding us to kill Jesus?

Kontraz
who did Jesus kill???

MC Mike
I'm just pointing out that metaphorically speaking Jesus is in all of us. (If you believe in all this, sorry to any opposing religions or Atheists)

Kontraz
Jesus is in those who are christians....

MC Mike
Ah, so now we discriminate against people not in our religion? Isn't God supposed to love us all?

Kontraz
yes, and he offers jesus into the hearts of those who want him.. its up to THEM to accept it, however wink

MC Mike
Now that we've establish that Christians discriminate, how is killing a killer diffrent from the killer killing?

Kontraz
"we've" established? Umm.... where was it that i said christians discriminate? I love the way YOU assume something, find a hint that it might possibly be implied (when it was in no way), and decide to use it as the basis of your arguement. And there is a big difference between murder and killing. Murder is with evil intent,etc. Killing isnt.

MC Mike
Fine, then let me ask you once more, does God love everyone or not? If not, then we discriminate in the sense that we claim God does not love them.

So killing is okay? If I killed someone because I thought he/she was living a miserable life, it would be okay since the intent was not evil?

Jackie Malfoy
I wish they would make up there mind aready,I finally gave up after it keeps on going on yet another day.Make up your dession Judge!JM

Raz

Kontraz
i already said that god loves everyone. Hence there is no discrimination. and though the government may say it is wrong, i for one am 100% for assissted suicide, as long as there is proof that the person wished to die by the killer.

Afro Cheese
It doesn't matter what the bible says.. this is a legal matter not a religious one.

Kontraz
i know, i wasn't the one to bring up the bible... somebody else said that he shouldnt be killed because "christians" dont believe in the death penalty, and i pointed out that God tells christians to enforce the death penalty.

Afro Cheese
Well if that's true that sounds rather hypocritical to me. "Thou shall not kill.. and if someone does kill.. then kill them."

MC Mike
I brought up the fact that Christians for the death penalty are, as said, hypocritical.

Kontraz
as i've said before, murder and killing are 2 different things. In the original text, the "thou shalt not kill" was the "kill" as in murder, whereas the punishment was simply "put to death".

MornGlory
did they decide his fate yet???

I mean is he getting life or death-- I think he will get just life -- if they havent decided it already

Kontraz
i think he only deserves life. Because the state he's being tried in allows abortions (no, lets not debate abortion here...) IF the state was to outlaw abortion, then i would consider it a double-murder, and he should get death, but since abortion is legal, i believe it should only be considered a single murder, and he should get life.

EDIT: in this case, it isnt a matter of morality with me, but the state needs to decide whether killing (removing, etc) a fetus is actually killing it or not, it can not be considered one in situation A, but the other in situation B. Either abortion is murder, and killing a preg woman is double, or abortion is not murder, and killing a preg woman is single.

MC Mike
Like you said, let's not debate abortion here. stick out tongue

Afro Cheese
Ok but Murder is a legal issue. Murder simply means the unlawful killing of one human by another, it actually has nothing to do with morals. So I don't get why it is any better by Christian morals to kill someone within the legal boundaries of the law then outside those boundaries, committing murder. The law wasn't written by God so him telling us not to "murder" in the ten commandments doesn't make sense. That's basically him leaving it up to us to decide what killing is ok and what killing is wrong. We make the laws, therefore we determine what is and is not murder, therefore we decide what types of killing is ok from a Christian standpoint, and not the Christian God himself? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Kontraz
actually, our laws were based on the laws of the old testament (debatebly, they were at least in part, and that is pretty much unargueable) and those were god's laws.

Afro Cheese
Not really.. the ten commandments were loosely based on universal rules that already existed in many places.. all they did different was claim their commandments were a direct order from god. It was already wrong to commit adultery before the ten commandments, it was wrong to kill, it was wrong to steal.

Kontraz
i wasnt talking about the 10 commandments, i was talking about hebrew law.

Afro Cheese
Ok.. but the thing is there were already laws like that before Abraham or the Hebrew religion even existed as well. And my point in the first place was, god saying "do not murder" means "do not kill when it is against the law to kill." So that means hypothetically if we changed the laws to where it was ok to kill people on every 3rd tuesday of the month, that wouldn't be considered wrong by the bible because it isn't technically murder?

Jackie Malfoy
That made very little sence to me slick!JM

Afro Cheese

Jackie Malfoy
Yea I do but not to sound annoying or not.But abortion is murdering a human baby so how is that not againt the law and murdering a child or a grownup is?JM

Afro Cheese
The thing is though Jackie.. abortion isn't murder. People continue to think murdering means killing people, murder is only a legal term that means illegally killing people. Same thing as the death penalty.. it isn't murder because it is permitted by law. But does that make it ok? That's up for you to decide for yourself.

Scarpa
Fry the perverted B@st@rd

Fiery Eyes
When are they suppose to pass the judgment on him, anyone know?

RaventheOnly
No, murder is killing without justification or cause.

MC Mike
Oh well then abortion isn't murder because the "cause" is the mother not wanting a baby. The debatable point is whether that is justification.

Afro Cheese
murder:

Noun
1. The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice. 2. Slang Something that is very uncomfortable, difficult, or hazardous: The rush hour traffic is murder. 3. A flock of crows. See Synonyms at flock1.
Verb

It's a legal term. It's not really up to debate what murder means.. murder means a killing that isn't permitted by law, aka the unlawful killing of one human being by another."Killing without justification or cause" is too vague. There is always a cause to killing, and in the mind of the killer there is always justification. What decides what type of killing is justified?

MornGlory
they are announcing Scott Peterson's fate this afternoon...

bastard!

MornGlory
SCOTT GOT DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WindDancer
It's been announced. Peterson sentenced to death. The Jury was unanimous.

BackFire
Neat.

Londonboy7
yes sad

Afro Cheese
I don't feel bad for him at all.. I don't like the death penalty but he knew exactly what he was getting himself into when he killed his wife. Go ahead and fry him.

Fiery Eyes
i figured he would get the death penalty, although I don't like the death penalty, I agree w/afro cheese he knew what he was getting himself into when he did it. I myself would now have voted for the death penalty.

sexylilbabygirl
you know the jury can change its mind & give life in prison if they wanted

Fiery Eyes
they have alreayd told him the death penalty

spidergrl
I found out about this when they made a movie/documentary on it and figured out it was a true story when it didn't really have an ending! It was so sad and I was crying at the end! He's prob going to die, so I can't see why he can't just come forward and tell everyone what he did! He might as well, seen he's going to burn in hell!! wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.