Am I the only kid to keep up with current events?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KidRock
So I was sitting in class today and we were watching the final minutes until they finally announced Bush won.. and I was the only on in class to be happy he did win. Then this kid says to me "MAN YD U WANTZ BUSH TO WIN YO HES REINSTATIN DA DRAFTT WE ALL GOIN TO IRAQ HE SAID SO HIMESELF I SAW IT ON THE 9/11 MOVIE" (yeah he said it exactly like that and yes he was DEAD SERIOUS) i was just speechless..then this kid went on to say how bush is going to destory our country (literally blow it up and have a war in america) and he is now claiming it is bushes fault his father who only has a highschool diploma (if that) cant get a decent job.

am I the only friggen 15 year old who actually watches the news and keeps up with current events? Last year I was the only damn kid in my class who knew wat a Caukas and primarys were..

Silver Stardust
No, there's plenty of kids your age who keep up with current events. Sounds like your class has a bunch of ignorant morons.

plenTpak52
yea dude. i agree completely. My school is so god damn liberal, i go through the same thing most everyday (except people at my school are a bit smarter). But its so stupid. Even if he did want to reinstate the draft (which he does not), it would not even make it pass congress. and Bush's tax cuts can actually increase the employment rate. I don't know why people dont see that. If he cuts taxes, then the wealthier population in America will be more likely to invest their money in new businesses, which would in turn give more people jobs

Imaginary
I'm 13 and all my friends are like "Why do you care.... we live in Australia..." There are some people i just look at and go "how?"

naamarie
yeah i agree im the only one in all of my highschool to keep up with current issues... (no im not over exadurating) theres only nine people in my highschool (not underexadurating either).. and sometimes i go in and start to talk about like whats going on in the world and their all like WHAT! I DIDDNT KNOW THAT! and they found out that bush won because of me and my friend is realy stupid and she started swaering and shes like BUCK FUSH! and im like you dont even know why he won or what the hell he does and we dont even get affected by him ruling america b/c we live in canada ... then she goes into a deep conversation about how bush is gunna invade canada and try to take it over..... some people....

Londonboy7
Me too but I live in the US

KidROck you're not the only teenager who keeps up with current events. Everyone in my school keeps up with current events, elections, wars, and all, and we all have a good knowledge of history as well. We are all well informed and all of us came into school on wednesday just in like complete disbelief, anger, and mostly depression. The kids in your class are ignorant morans yes because they buy into the media hype and all that crap that goes around, probably base all their opinions on what mom and dad say. Well the truth of the matter is A LOT of damn people in this country do that, too many. Too many blindly follow something without coming to their own conclusions (i.e. christian conservatives). Most of the people i've encountered who support Bush and are glad he was reelected are the ones who are not informed about the issues at all, or who know very little about current events and know even less about WORLD HISTORY (i capitalized it because i believe it to be extremely important). The sad thing is that it seems most american do not follow current events well enough, and worse do not know or understand world history at all.

Nazgulinthedark
yes in history class the other day, there were only 5 kids in the class (everyone else was at health screenings, i already went) and so we watched the electiob on cnn, and everyone watched and was discussing the election and wether kerry or bush would be better

Kosta
Good to see some people like to THINK before they announce that they "HATE" Bush. Too many people buy in to that Michael Moore Bull Sh*t. Good on you KidRock.

KidRock
Im glad at least some of your schools have some good educated minds.

Afro Cheese
I live in a very liberal area. A lot of people around here blindly follow whoever opposes Bush. At the same time, half my family lives in NC, which is more conservative, and a lot of my sister's friends blindly follow Bush. Both sides have those who only do what they are told and aren't thinking for themselves, but instead only on that side because they think that's where they belong. I don't think it's fair to say that either side does it more, it all depends on who you happen to come into contact with. I can't stand Bush, wouldn't say that means I'm uneducated on current events. Bush may be good for you, but he isn't good for me. Let's just leave it at that.

Kosta
Its not the schools that persuade my opinion, its common sense.

Kosta
Thats the problem now, people dont like to think for themselves, which is why theyre willing to gobble up any crap the media feeds them. It like "Oh so we all hate Bush now? OK!"

We had the same scenario in Aus with John Howard (our prime minister). A lot of people werent happy with him allying us with the US cuz they didnt want to be involved with terrorists, but in the long run, the didnt think that hes just doing good by his country. and ally as strong as the US is a good thing. So when the elections came, its all like "NO way, I hate John Howard!". but he still got re-elected, so maybe there are some smart people out there.

Afro Cheese
I agree, except that you are making it sound like it's a one way street. Like I said, both Bush and Kerry supporters sometimes blindly follow. I would say for the most part if you listen to the media you will follow Kerry (except fox news), but many conservatives are in conservative families and aren't republicans because they know Bush's policies and agree with them, they are republicans to please their church and parents. You must agree that people from both parties blindly follow..

SlickRick69
George Bush is still president???

he's been President for like, EVER!!

whoa!!

(just kidding...)

Tptmanno1
No I am about your age and I keep up with stuff, same with most of the kids I know...

But Why if Someones liberal its cause for anger, Why is that a bad thing, and Why is, According to you KidRock, Being against Bush "Not keeping up with current events"??

HockeyHorror
good to see your learning but **** THE MEDIA

and **** THE NEWS

KidRock
Read my post again bucko.. I am not pissed at liberals.. I am pissed at liberal-wannabees who watch Moores movie and think they know every single little thing about this country.

plenTpak52
Wait, that made no sense

Afro Cheese
Maybe I worded it wrong. The point I was getting at is they are making it sound like all Kerry supporters are just listening to the media and all Bush supporters are thinking for themselves. I don't agree with that, I see people from both sides who are uneducated on the issues, and other people from both sides who pay very close attention to current events and politics.

WindDancer
On a personal comment I always thought you were a lot more older (I always consider you around 19 years old.

Now, I've always felt that youth has a duty to be inform of what's going in the world. Not only because they learn but also because the future will be shape by their views in later generations. Certain individuals will try to corrupt the youth, but as long as they educate themselves and read more, I'm sure they won't be fooled so easy.

Mr Parker
ActuallY I dont know why in the hell anybody would be happy about Bush winning,he is by far one of the most corrupted presidents ever just like his dad.no wonder your classmates were mad at you. roll eyes (sarcastic) Thats being very naive to not believe Bush will destroy this country.Dont be one bit at all surprised if Bush succeeds at starting a war in out own country.If you didnt listen to the major medid and visited internet news sites,you would Know Bush knew all along 9/11 was going to happen and didnt do a damn thing to try and prevent it.

Tptmanno1
Oh, my bad.
But that could go both ways because there ARE Conservative wannabees too...

Arachnoidfreak
It does go both ways.

Take the New York Post for example. They blatantly support Bush and bash Kerry. This media in turn makes ignorant people think, "Wow. Kerry's an ass. I like Bush."

The New York Times does almost the exact thing, but from the opposite party's perspective.

I go by the Daily Show. Because they are "fake" news(don't let that fool you, they use real facts. they just have fun with it), they don't have a standpoint. They use common sense to completely tear politicians a new a$$hole. Yes, Jon Stewart is a democrat, and it shows, BUT, that does not keep him from making jokes about how the democratic party is run. He sees the absurdities is BOTH parties.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.