Stephen King

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord_Andres
Whats your fav Stephen King work? and whats your opinion on his works?

My fav is The Shining(Jack Nicholson) Pet Cementary, and Storm Of The Century!

I like it how he often dosent reveal so much of the villans past and identity! A great novelist no doubt!

MornGlory
my fav movie is Shawshank Redemption- but I hated that short story!- movie was way better

i loved the book Insomnia and Hearts in Atlantis

BadKitty
I really love The Stand and Misery. both the books and the movies were awesome.

Stephen King is a excellent story teller

ragesRemorse
out of his movies My top three are storm of the century, the shining, and stand by me.

Out of his books my top three are the gunslinger, hearts in atlantis, and salems lot.

NiceGuynj
salem's lot was awesome but Dream Catcher sucked and the ending of the movie It was beyond stupid.Stephen King has more great stuff then crap but his know to start a great story then toatally near the end heads to a stupid direction.

Wolfie
Carrie is good. Silver Bullet is okay. Dreamcatcher isn't anything special. Misery is my favorite.

ragesRemorse
Dreamcatcher was actually a good book. I liked the direction he went, aswell as what he did with from a buick 8. Stephen king has little to no say over how his films are translated from his books to film. Atleast not when he sells the rights to hollywood studio's. ounce he signs those rights over,and cashes his check, his story no longer belongs to him. You cant blame king if his stories turn out to be shit on film, which 90% of the time they are. The only time he really has a part in the production,is when he turns his stories into mae for t.v flicks,but then the budget is like milk money compared to a motion picture. the only t.v movie of his that i liked was storm of the century.

tabby999
yeah, how can one person crank out so many cool novels?

ragesRemorse
If i knew, i would be swimming in money that i diddnt even know i had too.

slayer
Carrie, Pet Semetary, the Shining and Salems Lot where cool.

BadKitty
I went and got Storm Of The Century tonight,thanks to this thread.

<<Solo>>
Well the only King books that were made into movie that were actually good were The Shining and Shawshank, in my opinion of course.

Evil Dead
The Shining, Carrie, The Green Mile, Stand By Me are his best.

BlueHarvest
The Dark Tower is he's best work.
Stanley Kubrick's The Shining is the best movie based on one of his works.

Major Knight
Carrie,and the Shining are the best of his movies to me.

Scarpa
Silver bullet

Beyond Image
hmm. i enjoyed ...

The Green Mile,
Stand by me,
Sometimes they come back,
Shawshank Redemption,
and looking foward to Riding the Bullet.

Dazzler619
Misery
Carrie
The Shining

Darth_Big_Boy
Shawshank get my vote as well.

roundisfunny
1. The Stand (extended version)
2. It
3. Pet Sematary
4. 'Salem's Lot
5. Christine

The Redeemer
THE DEAD ZONE as directed by David Cronenberg is his best work put to film IMO. THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION is also excellent. SALEM'S LOT was terrific but done for TV and I think it was also the last *decent thing* Tobe Hooper did...

I think CARRIE is vastly overrated and THE SHINING, while it had some nice steadicam work and Jack Nicholson playing another memorable variation on his RP McMurphy character, didn't really live up to it's potential.

I also like CHRISTINE and MISERY.

dean7879
all of kings work rocks

Beyond Image
^ so true, dean. so damn true.

eggmayo
IT and The Shining.

Mane
I think the best stories were Shawshank Redemption and the Green Mile. The only horror of his I liked was The Shining.

Snipes
i didnt mind Rose Red, wasnt a bad movie

i think it was a mini series (two part movie) in america a few years back

tabby999
just to clear up something, did King write "Misery"?

dean7879
yeah...great book and film

tabby999
worth a buy? they have it for sale for $15 (like $10US) in town

dean7879
yeah they are worth the buy definetly...you will enjoy em

tabby999
cool, will do

McBane
i think stephen king is great i try to read and watch as much of his work as possible!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.