Your Current Musical Obsession

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ElectricBugaloo
Right now:

Sage Francis and Elliott Smith

Deathblow
Dredg and Willhaven.

wicker_man
4ft Fingers, Marilyn Manson & Bad Religion

MornGlory
OASIS!! (it's always oasis for me) love those Gallagher brothers
and also...
Staind (love Aaron Lewis), Michelle Branch, Sum 41, Feeder, Three Days Grace... thats it for now

Lord_Andres
JOHN NORUM!!!!! AND EUROPE!

furryman
Secret Machines at the moment

finti
Jeff Buckley -Forgett Her
Pixies - Monkey Gone To Heaven
Trapeze - Nancy Grey

pr1983
bic runga

Alpha Centauri
Mastodon for me. Emperor also.

-AC

MornGlory
aghhh I keep forgetting to check out Europe.. flowers

*SpunkiE*
Right now i'm infatuated with rock. Fuel, 3 Days Grace, Mercy Drive, Alter Bridge....but i'll always love my hiphop!! big grin

Samurai Guy
I listen to Alt Rock/Brit Rock for those who have seen something of a trend with my taste.

Right now I am stuck on Siverchair.

ElectricBugaloo
I haven't heard that Trapeze song (i'll quickly download...) but I love those other two songs.

That Pixies song is so fun to sing along to.

Df02
Alexisonfire
The Eighties matcbox b-line disaster
and
Interpol

Bierbommetje
Rammstein

Darth Revan
old school hip-hop

Darth Revan

SlipknoT
Cradle of Filth

Elondra
Green Day.

ClaraG
Simple plan big grin

T.M
sliverchair are awesome

right now though I'm obsessed with guano apes always listen to them

KMC
Prince, as always and particularly like Razorlight's new song- Rip It Up. There's a Costello sound to it.

Kate xx

wicker_man
Right now i'm really into the compositions from the likes of Psycho, Star Wars, Aliens, Jaws & Gladiator

Filth
Cradle of fith and Rammstein

HockeyHorror
Sage Francis and Supernatural

MornGlory
this week it has been the new Sum 41 CD and also 3 Days Grace

wicker_man
The Wildhearts (classic Brit rock in the same vein as Motorhead)

ElectricBugaloo
I just broke my promise to someone and started listening to Elliott Smith again. His last album is hauntingly great.

::Cue depression...::

Afro Cheese
Buck 65 and Mindless Self Indulgence.

Df02
The Departure

moonwalker741
any 80's music....i was only born in 91' smile

Samurai Guy
Still rockin' Radiohead

LordMortis
rob zombie (dragula and reload in particular)

ElectricBugaloo
William Shatner.

*Georgina_A*
At the moment:

The Killers
Steriogram -> Walkie Talkie Man
Keane
Scissor Sisters -> Mary

Deathblow
From Autumn To Ashes
Underoath
The Early November
Alexisonfire
Glassjaw
Atreyu

Too much emo/screamo pinch

Df02
Screamo is good.....*polishes signature*
im back onto Alexisonfire, both albums are worth their weight in diamond-studded platinum

Personally i cant stand Atreyu or any of that makeup wearing "metal-core" shit stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
I hate lumping bands together but I really don't see any difference in sound between any of those bands. They all just sound the same and I'm sure it's not just to me because I've tried picking out differences and SOMETIMES I can tell which band it is but they all just seem to have one guy to scream, one to sing, needlessly obscure song titles and cliched lyrics.

-AC

Df02
could say that about loads of genres tho.... Death, Black and all the other obscure types of metal for instance.
Vocals and to a lesser extent Guitar styles vary between those bands, and Atreyu arent aactually Screamo. Glassjaw are nothing really like the others, theyve got a distinct sound. Only really the top 4 fit ur description, and the similarities are noticeable but then again so are the differences.

and Personally i prefer Alexis to all of them, as you may have noticed

EDIT: and as for the song titles, theyre quite good some of the time, in a lengthy sort've way - a decent read compared to some titles bands come up with

*Danii*
Pixies!

Wave of Mutilation
Trompe Le Monde
Bossanova
Surfer Rosa
Etc.
ALL RULE!

wicker_man
Anything on my I-Pod, literally any rock and metal band you can think of is on there, plus a few suprises.

*Danii*
Ah me too!!!!!!

My current musical obsessions are Jedi Mind Tricks and Dizzee Rascal

SlipknoT
HateBreed

hh?
Illogic

lil bitchiness
Tool - but they are my perminant musical obsession - always have and always will be.

Probably Mars Volta - i have been listening to them a lot lately, well them and Tool.

Got to reflect back to my Glassjaw stuff.

hh?
Fermented Reptile

Cinemaddiction
Beastie Boys, "Hello Nasty", anyway. I got the CD for $2 and the first 1/2 is just too hard to breakaway from.

hh?
they are sellings Shaqs album on amazon for a penny!!!!

laughing

Alpha Centauri
"My current musical obsessions are Jedi Mind Tricks and Dizzee Rascal"

I used to walk to school with Dizzee Rascal. We spoke alot in the music room of my school.

You'd be surprised just how much of an incredible liar he is. Just don't be fooled if he tells you he is "real". What you see is absolutely nothing like his actual personality.

How he can sing about inspiring younger kids when he used to go around mugging people smaller than him, baffles me.

-AC

Df02
haha, Dizzee Raskwal - nm what his past... have to say i really like his persona now and his accent is just comical thumb up

Alpha Centauri
The fact that he was a UK Garage MC through and through, then tried to deny it and become Hiphop is what I find to be hilarious, in a bad way.

Because he knows nothing about Hiphop.

-AC

Df02
yea, but his style is quite a refreshing change from the norm...

anyway, ive recently started listening to Coheed and Cambria alot again

Vampy
Still The Streets, though, the more i talk about it, the more i like Skunk Anansie again.

Plus Thievery Corporation. I listen to anything by them

Df02
again?! i always loved skunk anansie, just never get round to listening to them more

Vampy
yeah but i got bored for a bit. strting to listen again just now.

ahh, i add Fun Loving Criminals to my list.

Alpha Centauri
"yea, but his style is quite a refreshing change from the norm..."

I never understood that, his voice is different but it just annoys me. Not to mention that the only thing he does is rhymes and writes lyrics, which he is shit at. The beats are made for him.

Anyway, does anyone here listen to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs? I actually thought they were rather crap and boring, still do, but I can't get the song "Maps" out of my head. It's hurting meeeee!

-AC

Df02
yea, theyre are pretty boring.... used to like Date with the night but it got boring aswell

Alpha Centauri
It's one of those things that's like "Yeah this sounds cool.....oh wait......no it's not. It's shit."

-AC

Korri
Metallica smile

starshine
Gorillaz and T.Rex happy

Capt_Fantastic
I have two musical obsessions:

Elton John and David Bowie

Vampy
yes. Yes. YES! David Bowie! Always, damnit. He's teh shit droolio

Let's dance cool

mouth
Bob Marley

and the Beatles

they've been my music obsession for a looong time..

MornGlory
yep! liked David Bowie in Labrynth

Deathblow
I only bought Leviathan by Mastodon today, but I can see it becoming an obsession already. It's kept me off Willhaven for the last 15 minutes, and thats mighty good going.

Alpha Centauri
Told you so wink.

-AC

Dr. Strangelove
Love the Gorillaz, they will always be my musical obsession. Others would be Tool, Immortal Technique and The Offspring.

Also, nice sig and avator by the way! wink

Darth Prefect
Norma Jean and their sister band, The Chariot.

ElectricBugaloo
Right now, I'm listening to almost every version of "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" available. The only ones that I cannot find are the Smokey Robinson version (rare it is...at least on Ares), and the Isely Brothers version (which was never released).

starshine
Yay big grin

thanks happy your's too are awesome!!

in general i think the "yeah yeah yeahs" are mad boring too, but i also love the song "maps"...it's really a great song.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, I'll admit that's a decent song.

-AC

ElectricBugaloo
The beatles. listened to Abbey Road, then for a change of pace, Help!

Samurai Guy
Anything acoustic. I made a CD with a whole lot of Acoustic versions of stuff.. like "Love of my Life" (Queen), "Plush" (STP), and so on.

ElectricBugaloo
Then you better have some Elliott Smith to go along with that

furryman
John Frusciante, Modest Mouse

well basically whatever I have on my mp3 player at that moment I'm listening to a lot

naybean
ATM i'm really enjoying unwritten law and skunk anansee, but by next week there'll be something else...

fruits
im obsessed w/ the red hot chili peppers and have listened to nothing but their CD for 2 months. but i just got some new CDs so that might get over withs soon. and i am obsessed with the green day song boulevard of broken dreams

baracustastic
GNR Appetite for Destruction

It now becomes clear to me........Rock was invented so this album could be made.

furryman
I seem to constantly have The Clash in my head this week

Df02
so do i, because we've been making The Clash vinyls all week at work...confused

fuct_up_kid
flogging molly! *jigs*

Boddah
The Pixies for quite a while now... roll eyes (sarcastic) gotta love the pixies eek!

<<Solo>>
Arcade Fire

§pearhead
skindred erm

Kohldia
The Hero soundtrack with a little jazz on the side

Tptmanno1
APC, and Rage (nothing new with the rage...)

Dr. Strangelove
Jedi Mind Tricks- Violent By Design

Just a sick album!

Deathblow
I'm back on Deftones, yay happy

Feiticiera is pure genius. Any band who can make a chorus-less song about a hostage situation in Brazil involving a crazy lady tying up and driving away with some poor sap in the trunk deserves nothing but praise. Plus I want to have Abe Cunningham's next baby.

AcrypT
^Finaly a fellow Deftones Lover!

Strangely enough I've been obsessed with Counting Crows for quite a while now :/
I mean they'r good but seriosly, I should be obsessed with a band like Deftones, Ill Nino or something stick out tongue

Wolf Dog
im not really obsessed but im ultra hyped fpr the new quasimoto

AcrypT
ok I'm back to being obsessed with Ill Nino Jumpy

ElectricBugaloo
Getting into my christmas music now

eggmayo
Right now, its totally Sabbath

Deathblow
Nah, I'm more of a worshipper cool

Currently heavy into the old hardcore bands. Negative Approach, Fugazi, Black Flag and such.

Oh and Circle Takes The Square (thank you Df)

Cinemaddiction
Hmm..Bury Your Dead, their old stuff, anyway, and Napalm Death. I always find myself going backward looking for good music in these times of ____-core bands with thought provoking names, no rythmn, and inaudible vocals.

tabby999
c-dic understands! saying your extreme dosn't excuse making nothing but noise and fobbing it off as the next big thing. i'm listening toBad Religion at the moment

Gn'R Rebel
GUNS N' ROSES!!!!!!!!!!!! *starts singing Welcome to the Jungle like Axl* heheheh, Slash is a guitar god

el_barto
Greenday and whatever the hell they are playing on the radio

Sex Pistol
The Libertines. Ive got a big obsession at the moment.

furryman
the blood brothers, and placebo

Korri
sounds of furryman, the album

Deathblow
Hidden In Plain View, Senses Fail, A Static Lullaby, As I Lay Dying and Hopesfall.

Clovie
lullacry and the corrs erm

Bierbommetje
It's official, Metallica are my current musical obsession.

ElectricBugaloo
Once again, I'm back to Sage Francis

Df02
Interpol, Bloc Party and From Autumn to Ashes

el_barto
Green Day

Ronny
Tool and A Perfect Circle

Broken_Johnson
Avenged Sevenfold (mostly Sounding the Seventh Trumpet but some Waking the Fallen and A Warmness On The Soul) and much older AFI (from back when they were still hardcore and hadn't slipped into emo)

oh disaster
Slipknot, Taking Back Sunday and Bright eyes.

LordMortis
Nightwish, Slipknot and Rammstein: tend to listen to these religiously every day lol. Started to play Disturbed and Rob Zombie quite obsessively recently

Scarpa
Pantera

Deathblow
Cradle Of Thorns, The Birthday Massacre and Every Time I Die.

Fearnix
All types of Death,Black,Doom and Heavy Metal

***S***
Weezer

eggmayo
Sabbath, Zeppo, Guns and Roses

Bierbommetje
Hell yeah rock

moonwalker741
Green Day and the Ramones

tinkerbell668
Right now its Oingo Boingo and Green Day...thats about it

Df02
Been dragged back to my roots.... 2nd Gen, TechnoAnimal, Zan Lyons, Alec Empire, DJ Scud
best thing is i saw all of them live, all in one place last year, the electrowerkz, possibly the most run down venue in the world perfect for the music haha... best gig ever, by a long shot... beat Download

Cinemaddiction
The "Shaun of the Dead" OST. I'm trying to piece it together from Limewire, instead of shelling out $30 for it in the U.K.

Fearnix
Alice Cooper love

Df02
it has The Eighties Matchbox B-line Disaster - Mister Mental on it... great track, great band haha

Cinemaddiction
Indeed.

smittenkitten
I'm going on a Pink Floyd bender.

-Smitten Kitten-

Fetcharada
Liz Phair eek!

Elektra_lover
Lets get it started by BEP

furryman
currently obsessed with NIN, Orgy, and Depeche Mode

Korri
mines is still jeremoi...

Df02
Will Haven confused

furryman
oh and The Cure to boot

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
Simple Plan
The Used
Something Corporate
Plain White T's
Taking Back Sunday

all that emo/screamo/punk pop stuff I love it!!! love

Deathblow
Flogging Molly, Social Distortion, old-skool NOFX, Circle Jerks, Dead Kennedys & all that hardcore punk jazz.

buttcrack
simple plan
green day
good Charlotte
Jesse McCartney

daronisgod
I've had a three year long obsession with System Of A Down, before them I changed my obsessions every five minutes, so far my SOAD obsession shows absolutely no sign of stopping. I don't particularly want to be obsessed with anyone else, I love SOAD too much.

I do listen to other stuff as well though, but I always listen to SOAD, and going by what I've heard of 'Mesmerize/Hypnotize' they should feed my addiction even more.

StinkFist462
NIN , Rammstein , Sublime , The Hollywoods

TWelling4Ever
Jesse McCartney

Df02
Mogwai

Cinemaddiction
Right now, European hardcore band, Cataract.

alic88
a perfect circle
richard marx

Afro Cheese
Lately I been getting into Jazz actually. Not all jazz just Thelonius Monk, Miles Davis, and Louis Armstrong. When I'm ready I'll probly look for more artists.

Oh, and Radiohead.

Libertine
Indie! Im totally obsessed with Muse The Libertines and Green day.

Green day alot at the moment, cos i saw them live a couple of weeks ago.

chelsea17
I would have to say..Green Day

Libertine
Yey!

chelsea17
haha I've liked them for a while...and I love their album "American Idiot". Cool band

Libertine
Yeah! They are great. its it just me or is Billy Joe slightly droolio

Bardock42
Probably Radiohead at the moment. Although there might be a Pixies wave coming.

knight
BIG COUNTRY

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>