Deus Ex: Invisible War Review

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
This had to be one of the biggest let downs ever. The first game was amazing in every sence but this just fails the series. The graphics, physics, and lighting was all done very well but probably the worst thing about the whole game is the interface. It sucked. Yeah I'm sure it's great if you're using a console but if you're on a pc it's horrible to navigate. And all of the options that made the game complex and interesting were completely watered down. Nano-mods suck now and weapon upgrades are dumb. The who ammo system is retarded and why the hell isn't there a quick save? The game's open-endedness was even better than the first but everything else just got watered down for console users. It just feels like the game sold out to console completely and forgot about the whole pc world.

IBTonks
damn, and i was lookin forward to gettin that game!!!!

ash007
indeed i was really upset becausse i actually updated my computer just for this specific game

IBTonks
lol, i might just get it on xbox or PS2!!!

Daedalus
It wouldn't get "watered down" for the consoles, it would be as good as its gonna get on PC then watered down for the console versions.

SpikeSpiegel
I read the same things on the internet a while ago from multiple people and I really wanted the game at the time. Now I don't, it's all true what ash has said. It was apparently origonally intended for x-box, the whole system has been completely dumbed down, no more stealth, all guns take the same ammo and don't need to reload, the weapons have even been weakened, you're only allowed 6 biomods and there is no more keying in passcodes or using lock picks to gain access to places. It's only good qualities arew the open-endedness, the graphics and the story.
When I read about all of these it put me straight off the game.

Daedalus
NO STEALTH!!!???? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGH!!!!! Well, I withdraw my previous comment and therefore concuring with the fact that Ash's statement makes sense, sorry Ash. stick out tongue

ash007
yeah no worries i am still so upset by this game.

i mean iam gonna wait for the next Hitman game to come out

Ushgarak
'Sell-out' is indeed the main accusation this game has been facing.

Fact is... they just wanted to do something different... and that is never going to please the fans.

IBTonks
now i just don't know whether to get it or not!!!!! lmao

ash007
ummm wait for a while until the prices go down
there is no point paying the full proce for a game you wont play

Dead alot
I'm gonna get it on X-Box regardless. stick out tongue

Raventheonly
X-box version is cool but VERY short. I'm used to Morrowind length so my short might be long for you, but my cusin beat Dues Ex in like 3 days
But over all the graphics were awesume

Daedalus
It rules, done it in 8 hours and playing it again. The reason why its so short is cos of alll the endings so it has replay value. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.