Silver Surfer vs. Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spiderninja008
ok, wut do you guys think, who takes it? Power Cosmic? or Power Confidence? Personally, I think they Are too evenly matched, but I'd give it to Surfs in the end

Linkalicious
Power Cosmic.

It'll be a great fight until Gladiator has even a remote 2nd thought about the fight. Once his confidence slips up a bit...it's all over.

Though I must say...Gladiator is a formidable opponent.

norrin radd
surfer.

who?-kid
Yes he is. Nobody can stand him, but he remains a challenge for most heroes.

pr1983
gladiator is strong, but i think surfer just edges it, power cosmic n all

crazyspinz
gladiator was created to mock superman, this makes me laugh

lightaxe
yea, lol i like that too.

Beyonder
Mock Superman? Most showings I've seen of Gladiator, he's respected and feared throughout Earth and the universe. Most writters show him respect.

ScarletSpider
He was created as a Superman rip off, but of course thrust into a different role.

Beyonder
...so were most other cape wearing super men. He's not the only one; Marvel and DC constantly copy one another. I don't see any reason as to diss him when you can do the same with Thanos. No one disses him 'cause he's Darkseid rip off. Thanos is Thanos now, as Gladiator should be Gladiator. Stop trying to make a big deal out of it people.

baddspellahl4

wrathofachilles
Well Gladiator's gotten his ass handed to him by the likes of Hulk and Thor, so I'm confident Surfer can take him. Gladiator is a top-tier combatant, but since there are so many people running around here who seem to think Surfer can take out Superman with little effort, why would Gladiator be any different?

Wynndar
no..Thor nver handed him his ass...Masterson did smile

norrin radd

prophetelatti
Responsibility and Accountability is Godhood.There is only one sin,IRRESPONSIBILITY!. -Relebogile Kgalane

wrathofachilles
Superman is still superior to Gladiator, sun or not.

And Masteron was Thor. It's not like it was just Eric who beat him near to death with his cane.

norrin radd

wrathofachilles
Not really. It would last a few pages no matter which one he was fighting. Surfer doesn't just suck the power out of someone and that ends it. Writers find interesting ways to have them fight one another, and depending on the writer, either one could win. But Gladiator is usually used as fodder for the power-heroes. He's 'respected,' but generally bashed by strong-types to boost their reputation.

norrin radd

wrathofachilles
I'm not saying he couldn't, I'm just saying that he wouldn't in a crossover story. Many heroes have capabilities that they never attempt, otherwise it would ruin the plotline.

Alpha Centauri
I think Surfer could take Gladiator without much trouble. I mean Surfer isn't really a good person to have in a VS thread being that he isn't a common combatant but given his power displayed I believe he could dispatch Gladiator or Superman. This is a guy that single handedly saved the Earth from destruction on his own recently, while it was happening, reversed the end of the world.

Not to mention the fact that he took a full on nuclear assault and survived pretty much unharmed.

-AC

norrin radd
thumb up

juggernaut74
That surfer series sucked @ss. And I am a huge Silver Surfer fan considering I own Vols. 1-4. I woulnt have even read vol. 4 if I wasnt a fan but I stuck it out. But I think him and Gladiator would be a great battle. Surfer would have his hands full. I think it would go either way. Hand to hand combat Surfer loses. I dont ever remeber him even throwing a punch at all in any of his fights. Not that he has too. But i think Gladiator could withstand a full energy blast so Who knows and with that Gladiator might come out the victor.

norrin radd

juggernaut74
Judging by your name you must like Surfer. But out of all of his Mini series and vols 1-4. The latest one was a huge upset. Galactus was not even mentioned or did anybody else from the Marvel Universe make a appearance. Plus he didnt even mention his home planet or shalla ball or anything. And to top it all off he didnt even really show how much power he actually has. Disappointing

norrin radd

Alpha Centauri
The new Surfer series, all 14 issues, was one of the most intelligent stories I've read in comics.

-AC

norrin radd

Maelstrom
Gladiator. Anything the Surfer throws at him he will just be stronger than. Nothing can beat him.shaun

ScarletSpider
It's Surfer. Not because of Gladiator's confidence thing "when he has second thoughts, Surfer will pummel him! Uber roxors!". No, the confidence thing doesn't come into play most of the time. You can look at it two ways, he knows who Surfer is, he can either wimp out and be a *****, or he can be the mighty Praetor of the Shi'Ar empire, harden his resolve and go in there ready to take on Galactus himself. I opt for the latter, but still in the end, Surfer possesses superior power.

I liked Surfer's latest volume too. It was an interesting story, and not the usual fare for Surfer (which is why I think it sold poorly. It would have done better as an original concept novel or something). Though, I didn't mind, because honestly we've seen all the Surfer impugns against the monstrous Galactus fights before.

Tron
They've fought once already, to a stalemate. Surfer tryed to come to the aid of Ego who was fighting Gladiator. They gave each other their best attacks, and neither would let up. It's hard for me to say, since they're so close, but for some reason I'm leaning towards Gladiator.

KillAll
^^^^^^^^ was out of continuity wink

but anyway, if it wasnt for the whole "confidene" thing i'd say gladiator would smack surfer around.

then again if you are going to change that... about gladiator, i assume the surfer backer uppers (hehehe) would want to change his pacifist ways. then it would be one hell of a fight... i'd pay to see big grin

i'd still pick gladiator though.

Alpha Centauri
Anything published is in continuity regardless of if you like it or not.

I stand by my previous claims however.

-AC

KillAll
lol.. in continuity?? do you even know what hes talking about??? it wasnt in continuity, and even if it was, it didnt say one way or the other about who would win...

i believe hes talking about those "marvel adventure" comics or whatever they are. they arent even close to being accurate wink

Alpha Centauri
"i believe hes talking about those "marvel adventure" comics or whatever they are. they arent even close to being accurate"

Never said they were accurate but anything published is referable material.

-AC

KillAll
lol... so the drake snack cake comics that were published as a comical relief effort are referable??? lol... i find that funny. so hulk wolverine and spiderman can attack dr. doom in his home (in his friggin home) and actually beat him without much effort??? if you can believe that one....

Alpha Centauri
"lol... so the drake snack cake comics that were published as a comical relief effort are referable??? lol... i find that funny. so hulk wolverine and spiderman can attack dr. doom in his home (in his friggin home) and actually beat him without much effort??? if you can believe that one...."

Read this properly this time: "Never said they were accurate but anything published is referable material".

-AC

x_danny_x
Gladiator will get his ass kicked to any popular strong Marvel Superhero because the writers said so

SarKastic_OJ
Gladiator loses by a long shot, sure they had a stalemate before BUT I forgot that this is a mockery character and he "never" really beats anybody in a one of one confrontation without some type of outer interference resulting in his untimely yet frequent defeat.

juggernaut74
I think you are right. Gladiator has no real weaknesses that Surfer can exploit though. If I was a writer I would let Gladiator take this one.

Beyonder
roll eyes (sarcastic) ...never beat anyone except, Hyperion, Nova, Colossus, Thing, Human Torch, Mr. Fantastic, and Sue Richards. Yeah, those people are nobodies. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alpha Centauri
Torch, Sue and Nova are not nobodies.

-AC

demigawd
Why not? Wolverine and Nightcrawler OWNED Doom in an issue of X-men. Wasn't a Doombot, either.

Tron
Alpha, he was being a smartass, hopefully you already knew that, lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.