Songs you would like to see covered by...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Turbo-Cajun
I was wondering if there were any songs out there that you would like to see another band cover?

Im not sure which song I would choose exactly, but I wish I could hear some Type O Negative cover some Led Zepplin... Zepplin had some awesome songs, and I really dig the vocals from Type O Negative.

I also wish I could hear some Ziggy Marley cover some more of the stuff his dad wrote. I know hes done some... I would like to hear more of them.

What would you guys like to hear?

tabby999
slayer play the oompa loompa songs, or Morbid Angel play Somewhere over the Rainbow

wicker_man
Tori Amos did a cover of "God Hates Us All" (by Slayer) now thats an intriguing cover.

Df02
reckon Interpol could do a really decent cover of Joy Division's - love will tear us apart

thats all i can think of....possibly cos im listenin to Interpol atm... but im not really a fan of covers neway

Turbo-Cajun
Im not generally a huge fan of them either, but there are some cool covers out there though. Every once in a while I find one I really like.

Darth Revan
Tori Amos covered "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana. That was... interesting.

Deathblow
I'd like to hear some of the real old classic blues stuff redone by hard rock bands, like Led Zeppelin used to. Sevendust covering John Lee Hooker or System Of A Down covering Elmore James. That would be nice.

wicker_man
I'd like to see The 80's Matchbox B-Line Disaster do a cover of A-Ha's Avenging Angels.

ElectricBugaloo
I would like to see someone do a cover of any Mahavishnu Orchestra song...that would be hilarious to see

Spicy_Mchaggis
avril lavigne did a cover of chop suey from soad. it was really bad. the only cover i would like to hear is a band like as i lay dying or lamb of god do a cover of that one louis armstrong song,"i see skies of blue, red roses too." that one. that would be cool. i know some band did a cover of puff the majic dragon that was really good.

nick1811
i'd love caliban to do pantera's 'suicide note pt. 2'

Alpha Centauri
Tori covered Raining Blood too.

Dredg covering something by The Smiths.

-AC

StinkFist462
i want to see Welcome To The Machine (Pink Floyd) covered by NIN. that'd be interesting.

el_barto
It would be cool for some one to do a good cover of Pinball Wizard... can't think of any one that really could at the moment.

Imaginary
Originally posted by Spicy_Mchaggis
avril lavigne did a cover of chop suey from soad. it was really bad.

Oh yeah... I've heard it.

Myth
"This Fire" redone by Rob Zombie. He could totally make that sound bad ass and the lyrics would fit for him.

nick1811
Originally posted by StinkFist462
i want to see Welcome To The Machine (Pink Floyd) covered by NIN. that'd be interesting.

that was covered by shadows fall, pretty decently as well...

BOPRecruit 16
Velvet Revolver
Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana)
Love Me Two Times (The Doors)
People Are Strange (The Doors)
Kickstart My Heart (Motley Crue)
Nothing Else Matters (Metallica)
Enter Sandman (Metallica)
Welcome to the Jungle (Guns N' Roses)
Paradise City (Guns N' Roses)
Dazed and Confused (Led Zeppelin)
Rough Boy (ZZ Top)
Highway to Hell (AC/DC)

knight
Fleetwood Mac
Chance (Big Country)

The Kinks
Tell Me A Story (1927)

LiveAndLetDie
Originally posted by BOPRecruit 16
Velvet Revolver
Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana)
Love Me Two Times (The Doors)
People Are Strange (The Doors)
Kickstart My Heart (Motley Crue)
Nothing Else Matters (Metallica)
Enter Sandman (Metallica)
Welcome to the Jungle (Guns N' Roses)
Paradise City (Guns N' Roses)
Dazed and Confused (Led Zeppelin)
Rough Boy (ZZ Top)
Highway to Hell (AC/DC)
Smells Like Teen Spirit- I`m sorry, but there are way better songs by Nirvana than that. VR can do All Apologies or Heart-shaped box.
Love Me Two Times- Although I think that VR will do a great job on it, I don`t think the general public will take anyone doing a Doors song
People Are Strange- same as above song
Kickstart My Heart- I think they`ll surpass MC with this song. VR was way more talent than any member of MC could ever wish to have
Nothin Else Matters- Totally. They would do a brill job on it
Enter Sandman- Again, Metallica has had way better songs than this. I think they should stick with Nothing Else Matters
Welcome To The Jungle- Axl Rose`s voice is way too high for Scott to sing. It would sound weird. VR does better with GN'R`s lower octave songs rather than the popular higher octave ones. They should stick to It`s So Easy
Paradise City- Same as WTTJ
Dazed And Confused- Maybe. I`m not too sure because Scott has a baritone voice, but it`s possible. Don`t know how hardcore Zeppelin fans would act, though
Rough Boy- Not much of a ZZ Top person, but whatever floats your boat
Highway To Hell- I ish more concered about Scott`s voice. His voice just can`t get that high and still sound well.

Alpha Centauri
Stop going mad, it was that person's choices. Not yours.

Don't like them? Pick your own.

-AC

LiveAndLetDie
I`m not going mad. I was just saying my opinion. Since when is that a crime?
And I didn`t mean to offend him or anything.

Alpha Centauri
Not a crime, just seemed like you were telling him/her (you were, more or less) that his/her choices weren't good enough.

Obviously they were.

-AC

LiveAndLetDie
That`s what it came across as? I wasn`t trying to mean it like that
*gasps* Im so sorry!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.