Brandon Boyd...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Barf Heaven
...Is a f***in genius

On top of being a very talented vocalist

VilleValo462
lead singer of Incubus .... yep .. he is a genoius !

lil bitchiness
drool is all i can say about Brandon Boyd!!!!!!

His voice....drool

Brandon Boyd in one smiley drool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VilleValo462
laughing out loud

loserib
im intrested what makes him a genius i meen he is and all right vocalist but ive never heard anything about his iq

amlap
if any front man is a genius then Mark McGrath is the answer... i mean have any of you watch Rock n' Roll Jeopardy?

loserib
yeah i seen that one now that guy knows his shit man

total nettlehead
Maynard

James

Keenan

VilleValo462
yes

steely balls
brandon boyd is a genius musically, lyrics are great and a very powerful voice.

VilleValo462
maynards is better .. confused

Barf Heaven
Guys, I said he was A musical genius, not THE musical genius...

SAtown_punk
Maynard is not better than Brandon Boyd. Granted, his lyrics may be more powerful, but Brandon is a much more talented vocalist than Maynard could ever be.

VilleValo462
hahaha ..... no .....
what exactly do you mean by talented ? cause maynard is as best as it gets

SAtown_punk
Brandon Boyd is a much more talented vocalist. What do you think that means? Brandon can sing much better than Maynard. He has a great voice.

VilleValo462
he does have a great voice .. he is talented .. but Maynard is better ..

Barf Heaven
Maynard is great, but then, this thread isn't about him, is it? roll eyes (sarcastic)

SAtown_punk
Exactly. Nobody said Maynard wasn't good. I love Tool, and I prefer A Perfect Circle at times, but Brandon Boyd is the better singer. I don't really know who the better lyricist is, and I'm not sure you can pick one because their styles are so different.

loserib
i think maynerd sings better but im just intrested what other instuments does brandon play i meen if he is a musical genius he prolly plays alot of them

total nettlehead
plain wrong.

periera
I prefer Brandon Boyd's voice to Maynard's. Stylistically, Maynard's strays much farther from the norm, which makes him that much more unique, however, when it comes to actual singing, Brandon Boyd has a better range than Maynard. Lyrically, though, they are about on the same par with their brilliantness (is that even a word?) unfortunately, there just aren't very many lyricists like those two in the business anymore. sad

total nettlehead
most of what you said was true, but Brandon is not better than Maynard. there are very few people who can emote like Maynard. Daryl Palumbo, Jonny Santos, Chino Moreno, Anthony Kiedis...there an elite few. Brandon is one of those few, but he cant compare to Maynard in my opinion.

SAtown_punk
Chino and Anthony suck

total nettlehead
huh you are joking right?

wicker_man
Chino NO !!! Kieldis YES !!! But the best voice in the industry at present Matt Bellamy... NO ONE COMES CLOSE.

total nettlehead
i can see why ppl dont like Chino, hes a either love him or hate him thing, but Kiedis is a living legend.

oh yeah Bellamy i forgot him. Muse are amazing.

wicker_man
Kieldis is indeed a legend, a true idol in the music world and not in just the avenue of funk-rock but overall.

total nettlehead
yes so is Flea.

wicker_man
They are indeed all legends...respect the chillis i say.

total nettlehead
apart from the fact that there 'Greatest Hits' album had many glaring admissions and a few that songs that should not have been on it at all.

Jeff_Atello
Keidis doesn't have a good voice. I thought that's what we were talking about.

total nettlehead
no

Jeff_Atello
no what?

VilleValo462
no .. thats not what we were talking bout ..

Jeff_Atello
so what were we talking about then?

total nettlehead
read the thread title

incuhead1024
brandon boyd is an amazing singer.. i've got GREAT close up pics of him too 8-) 8-)

periera
I guess it's all in what you prefer. I do agree with what you said about emoting. Sometimes, when listening to a Tool song it's almost like Maynard has just slit his body, opened himself up, and laid himself out on a table for all to see. I very much respect that, as it has to be (although cathartic) a very hard thing to do. I get the same feeling from Brandon, but on a slightly smaller scale. I don't know who Daryl Palumbo or Johnny Santos are, but as far as Chino and Anthony go, I guess Chino is good at it, I like the Deftones older stuff, but all I really got from him was growling. I've never really felt much emotion from Kiedis at all though, but he is a great singer. (lol, and my mom has a crush on him smile )

Have you seen the Deftones live? They put on a pretty good show.

total nettlehead
yes thats very true. Maynard is a lot more dramatic, Brandon is more cool and calm in style. and yeah i prefer Deftones older stuff, Around The Fur is a phenonemal album. Chino can be very emotive at times, but he is even more dramatic than Maynard.
Daryl Palumbo is the singer from Glassjaw, and Jonny Santos is the (former) frontman for Spineshank, both terrific vocalists.

like Chino, Kiedis is kinda hard to get at times, but for a different reason. he is very laid back and soft voiced, its really all in his lyrics and attitude.

hell yeah ive seen Deftones a couple of times. they blew me away. Chino has such a massive stage presence.

periera
Not only does he have a great stage presence, he's funny as hell! When I saw them, it was back probably in 97 when they were promoting "Around the Fur". Chino had stage dived, and someone stole his shoe. When the song was over, Chino went back up onstage and asked whoever stole his shoe to please give it back. He made this huge deal about it, and then said "I may be rich and all but I still have to buy my own shoes!" I don't know why, but I thought it was hilarious. I've heard Spineshank before, just didn't know the singer's name. Are they even still around? Personally, my favorite Deftones album is "Adrenaline." I still love the song "Engine No. 9"

Jeff_Atello
Glassjaw rules. I didn't know the singer's name, though. Chino and Keidis can still suck my ass(pardon my French).

total nettlehead
i like all of their albums, but i gotta say i prefer Around The Fur and White Pony over Adrenaline. that show sounds awesome, last time i saw them the show was delayed for almost half an hour.

total nettlehead
buddy, the day Chino Moreno and Anthony Kiedis suck your ass will be the day the world stops revolving.

Jeff_Atello
Then be prepared to fall off the face of the Earth because they have, indeed, sucked my ass.

total nettlehead
please shut up before you embaress yourself further.

VilleValo462
laughing out loud

Jeff_Atello
I'm not embarassed, so how can I embarass myself further? I can't stand Deftones, and Chili Peppers are way past their prime.

This is damn message board, and I see no way for anybody to embarass themselves on here. Unless, of course, they try to argue about something and can't back up their argument with fact. But that's not the case here.

lil bitchiness
Singers name is Daryl Palumbo....

total nettlehead
excuse me, you just said Chino and Kiedis can suck your ass, for absolutely no reason. you werent backing up your 'argument' (if you can call it that) with facts.

and now you've just stated two opinions. you dont like Deftones, fine. there are plenty of people who dont, doesnt mean you make stupid comments like you did up the top. also, you may not like them as a band, but if you cant acknowledge the lead singer's obvious talent, at least give a real reason why you dislike him. secondly, Chili Peppers are past their prime you say? we werent even discussing that but oh well. my answer to that is possibly. there last record was the Greatest Hits, so we obviously cant judge it against their other albums, but their last single was poor. their last album was excellent. very different from their older material, more melodic and less funk rocky. past their prime, maybe, but even if they are, no one will give a damn, because they will always remain one of the greatest bands to grace god's green earth, and that fu'cking dumb 'Kiedis can suck my ass' comment is just made dumber by the fact you haven't even given a worthy criticism.

i see your a new member, im not holding that against you or anything, and yes your right this is a public forum, but i for one am not going to stand by and let some n00b shit on my idols, and then tell me that im wrong to defend them. you'ved forced me to ruin what was an otherwise good thread. feel proud.

Jeff_Atello
F*ck your idols. I don't give a shit who you idolize. I can respect them, but that doesn't mean I have to like them. I can't stand the Deftones because I just don't like their music. I used to like the Chili Peppers, back when they had Dave Navarro the 1st time and were great. I thought Californication was a great album, and the only thing I heard off the other album was "By the Way" and I didn't really like that song. I respect Keidis, but I think he should give it up already.

And so you know...I'm not a new member. Somebody found out my password for my previous name and I was forced to create a new screen name.

And "Suck my ass" is a figure of speech, not unlike "those guys suck", and in essence, it means virtually the same thing. I'm not shitting on your idols, I just don't like them. Just like you probably wouldn't like the people I idolize. I didn't force you to ruin anything, you ruined it by saying that I should be embarased, when in fact, I couldn't be any further from that. I simply stated my opinion. I was not arguing with you for the bands that you like, because I really have no right to do that.

total nettlehead
Jesus man you just dont get it. as i said before, i dont care if you dont like them, you were just treating me and my opinions with no respect. how can you say 'f'uck your idols, i dont give it a shit who you idolise'? that is probably the most disrespectful thing anyone has ever said to me on KMC. the whole point of this forum is so people can share their tastes with others and they can share with you. if your not interested in that, then forget it you may as well leave now.

i know your gonna post back saying how wrong everything i just said is, but so far thats the impression you've given me. this is a music discussion forum. if you disagree with someone, you dont trash them, you keep an open mind, give reasons why you disagree, accept that you maybe wrong.

and dont write me off, i have a much wider musical taste than you may think. theres a good chance i will like the people you idolize.

loserib
hahaha

F.U.C.K YOUR IDOLS

im going to use that one prolly a song tittle maby even a churous you guys rock
thanks

periera
See, I could never really get into White Pony. In my opinion, it just strayed way too far from what they used to sound like and it kind of bored me. There really wasn't one song on that album that I could get into.

Jeff_Atello
Nettlehead, I did nothing to disrespect your idols. I even told you that I respect who you idolize, I just don't like them. I sure as hell didn't trash them.

Nobody is wrong, no matter what their opinion is...you said I should accept that I am wrong at times, but at a place like this...nobody is wrong.

I am almost positive you wouldn't like my idols. I'm pretty sure you posted on the New Found Glory board and said you didn't like them. Cyrus Bolooki, in my opinion, in one of the greatest drummers ever, and certainly one of the best I've ever heard. He would be one of my idols, as would be Travis Barker, the drummer from Blink-182.

total metalhead
oh ok...i do hate NFG, cant say im a big fan of Blink either. i prefer classic punk.

total metalhead
yeah thats what alot of people say. its no where near as heavy as their previous work. i didnt like it at first, and unlike Adrenaline and Around The Fur, it took me a while to get into, but it reminded me of Glassjaw, who i love. it cant touch Around The Fur, but it has 3 classic Deftones tracks on it, and there isnt a single bad track (like Around The Fur). but i dont know...i like all their albums (except their latest one) so much. i can definitely see why alot of old school Deftones fans like yourself didnt like it though. it can be a bit repetive in places.

wicker_man
Kieldis is a legend, RHCP are one of the only bands at present that can be classed as a supergroup.

total metalhead
true that. i think RAtM would be also if they hadnt disbanded.

Jeff_Atello
A Perfect Circle is also a supergroup.

Classic punk is much better, that's true.

loserib
superjoint ritaul is a suppergroup so is
damageplan and
velvet revolver

total metalhead
Metallica (even though they suck nowadays)

Jeff_Atello
Damage Plan isn't good at all, and it's sad. Just like Audioslave is sad.

How is Superjoint Ritual a superband?

Jeff_Atello
Yes, Metallica...pre-"...And Justice For All" Metallica.

loserib
easy check it out

in its ranks it has

phill ansolmo on vocals and guitars(down,pantera)

jimmy bower on guitars(Corrosion of Conformity, Down and EyeHateGod)

Kevin bond on guitar (crowbar)

hank williams the III on bass(grandson of hank willaims sr)

Joe Fazzio on drums (hank williams the III)

total metalhead
Superjoint are an important band, but i wouldnt call them a super group.

loserib
supergroups are usauly made up of members from other succesful bands all the bands that the mamvers are from were very succesful

total metalhead
not always

Jeff_Atello
I think that's the technical definition of them. Thanks for the info, loserib.

loserib
no prob bob

VilleValo462
thumb up

total metalhead
it is? i thought it was just a term used for big bands that have been consistently good/successful over a large period of time nowadays. i guess that narrows the supergroup field down quite a lot then.

Jeff_Atello
I could be wrong, of course, but that's how I heard some media people describe A Perfect Circle.

loserib
thats the way ive allways heard the tearm used

Jeff_Atello
yeah.

total metalhead
it makes sense i guess.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.