The Amityville Horror

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§nakehead
I just saw that movie a few days ago and it rocked! Tho it seemed like the grudge riped it off.

thegreatrudini
the first 2 r good all the others r utter poo. Its based on a true story, there also remaking it more to the story

Cinemaddiction
The first one shouldn't even be considered Horror. It's a haunted house. Oh no. Please, house, don't make me scream like a girl. I'm James Brolin, and I have a reputation to uphold!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zilverz
haha funny .. but the movie gave me the chillz haha not bad for an old movie

thegreatrudini
lmao

§nakehead
Are you serious its based on a true story? If so I love to know more.

Evil Dead
The Amityville Horror > C-dic.

Great movies (first two)...........the first is one of the best ghost stories put to film (which is a horror genre)........

If I really cared enough I would debate you on the whole "based on a true story" angle used to promote the book and movie. The Lutz family is the only family that has reported anything of the kind going on inside that house. I believe it's something like 7 families that have lived in that house since the Lutz family........all have said it's A-OK and ghost free. The only corroborating evidence (if you can call it that) that the Lutz have is that the priest, as depicted in the film, still swears to this day that he heard a deep voice telling him to "get out" while alone inside an upstairs room. While I don't believe in the priest's religion........I do acknowledge that he certainly does and would not make up such a claim simply to sell a book for someone else and accept him as a man of his word. This however does not discount the possibility that this priest has an overactive imagination or mental disorder.

The Redeemer
Yeah, the film's very clunky...it's initial sequel more than delivers the goods. AMITYVILLE II: THE POSSESSION is vastly underrated IMO.

Cinemaddiction
It's just my personal opinion, but like "The Exorcist", I feel that it's over-rated. Of course, everyone will whip out the old "classic" cliche, but I say **** 'em. Classic is subjective, and I think Amityville was one of those "Horror" movies that don't exactly stand the test of time.

...only thing that scared me was Mr. Brolin's afro.

ragesRemorse
The Exorcist isnt overated, but i think amityville is. The movie was tedious with no pay off.

Zilverz
To you maybe that is true. But i watch this movie for the first time this summer and i got chills and was frightened. I am one that supernatural ghost movies makes my hairs standup ... you may just not get aroused by ghosts. But despite its age.. it was effective

slayer
Very effective and haunting.

A true Classic.

slayer
Snake:
Go Too:
prairieghosts.com/amityville.html
History & Hauntings of America

If u want anything else jst ask.

slayer
They sure did a good job portaing the house.

slayer
Heres a pic of the real Georce and Kathy.

Cinemaddiction
That's ****ing classic... laughing

thegreatrudini
The entity is another good ghost 1 an oldie tho

Scarpa
great site man! smile

saverain
I think out of all the horror movies I've seen a part in that one scared me the most. The part where they are showing him killing his family in like a dream or something. Man that scared the hell out of me but the rest of the movie was alright.

dean7879
after all the hype i think it is overrated slightly...its a good movie but not great

SexyJacobSmith
*makes a creeped out noise like 'gwwaaaa' or something* that movie gives me the creeps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.