Love

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silver_tears
"Reason doesn't govern love...."
Yes? No? Why?

I'm doing a french essay, any ideas would be much appreciated big grin

Nazgulinthedark
i agree it doesn't..can't exactly give an explaination...im slow tonight, im really tired, ill come back tomarrow when im awake

silver_tears
thumb up thankies

Shadow_King
i dont know a lot on love.

D-Double
Love can make you a frigg'n lunatic. wacko

Overall, it's the exact opposite of reason...

Ultimate love, I guess, is caring more about someone else than you do yourself....Not reasonable at all, but there ya go.

sailormoon
I'm not sure I understand the question right but, I'd say reason doesn't govern love. If you try and reason, your mind will take you in a completely different than your heart will, though it is hard to ignore reason sometimes. But if your husband's like beating you and you can't leave him because you love him too much, I'd say there's a time you need to listen to reason. wink

Storm
Feelings aren' t supposed to be logical.

Vampy
love is like a woman with PMS stick out tongue v. moody. Also love is weird and makes you do weird things big grin

Clovie
'to be in love is to be crazy with sane mind' smart

Alpha Centauri
Love is something you can't fully understand until you've fallen in and out of it.

-AC

G.P

pr1983
amen

HockeyHorror
love is like a kick in the face

its painful but u like it

no expression

silver_tears
much appreciated GP love

mc pee pants
because the heart wants what the heart wants. it doesn't really matter what reason or logic your brain tries to tell you. ultimately, when you're in love, you WILL follow your heart... no doubt about it. you "reason" to make things rational, and you love to make things "irrational." let's say this guy is getting beat up by his wife. he can leave her, but won't. why? because he loves the girl. and even if he did get the guts to leave, he will eventually come back. and that's a statistical fact.

there is no logic in love.

Alpha Centauri
"love is like a kick in the face

its painful but u like it "

What in the Hell?

Love is the one true partner of Human Nature. When something is going wrong you're in a bad mood, if it turns right in seconds, so does your mood. Same with Love, you can be broken hearted to the point that you cry yourself to sleep as I have done before, but then you'll find one person who you just know you have a future and more importantly, a present with. Then you'll love love.

Regardless of the pain it can cause, if you haven't been in love, then you haven't really emotionally lived. Some of the times I've felt the most alive where when I had nobody, because I could feel the constant pain, I knew I was alive. I have things great now, a wonderful girlfriend and a wonderful life but I never take for granted that things could go wrong in a major or minor way at anytime.

Relationships are all about give and take and love does both.

-AC

HockeyHorror
i was joking^ laughing out loud

Alpha Centauri
Only the first line was directed at your comment haha.

I just thought "What in the Hell? I know some weird fetishes but getting kicked in the face, damn."

-AC

Syren
cry

You write so beautifully.

Alpha Centauri
Thank you very much Syren smile.

I appreciate that.

-AC

G.P
Mmh Be careful, I think it's not your reason that is talking here wink

http://pubstv.mesdiscussions.net/images/perso/spamafote.gif

Fëanor

theReject
You know, I have a feeling I'm going to be one of those people who never fall in love and get married, etc. I'll be one of those shoppingcart ladies with the hair that has twigs and stuff in it. And then I'll go home to fifty cats. messed But that's quite all right, I've already accepted my fate.

theReject
Just to let you know, I'm not whining. I bet all those cat, shoppingcart ladies lead adventurous lives. stick out tongue

yerssot
that's one of my fave oldies, thanks you made my day smile

m!$hA
gets an idea eek!

yerssot
about singing it, posting it here and making everyone happy?

m!$hA
nope! whistling1

wicker_man
The 'thread question' at hand will no doubt be tackled by each person on the basis of their experiences in love. Ok we could dispute what love is but in my honest opinion its one of those definitions we create through life experiences, so for instance say someone has a bad experience in love (whatever that may be or more to the point what their perception is) then they most likely are gonna speak badly of it, however someone who has had better experiences in the matter may speak better of it, it all comes down to personal perception.

yerssot
then what will you do?

m!$hA
youll see whistling

yerssot
considering the topic, I'll hope it will be lovely surprise

m!$hA
it will be happy

yerssot
actually, I'm playing that song right now smile

Fëanor
and i thought i was the only one who liked that song...glad to know there's someone else other than me...

Silver Stardust
I love that song...I could do that if I wanted wink

pr1983
its a classic, louis armstrong is the man

Fëanor
although i like michael buble's (boo-blay) version...heck if i were a girl, i'd more than likely melt

yerssot
see, three others like it too smile

and how can you not love it? it's so moving

Alpha Centauri
If you want moving:

"Lover, you should've come over"-Jeff Buckley.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.