Hyperspace banishing it's paying members???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gambit420
This has caused quite the stir over at the official site: anyone caught or suspected of circulating teaser material on certain "monitored" websites will have their Hyperspace account permanently deactivated without refund. Now this is getting ridiculous.... I can understand if it is available exclusively on their site, which it's not! It's a freakin' commercial which has already been shown on TV countless times and on other free sites across the web. If anything they should be kissing our butt's for the exposure they are getting. You shouldn't have to pay to get excited for a movie which will be out in 6 months. Great way for Lucasfilm to show appreciation by cracking down on it's most loyal fans.Thank god my membership runs out this month, i am not giving those money-grubbing hutt's another cent!

GCG
they are being banned because they agreed not to infringe copyright material - something to which u would never agree as LFL are profiteers - and you now know better

BAILY
I havent seen anything even worth paying for on the HS. Why should GL make us pay for stuff we are going to pay again to see in the theatre. The whole Hyperspace thing is just a money grab for Lucas. It is not like he isn't rich enough as it is. miffed

gambit420
Exactly...... They even doubled the price for Hyperspace and started to deliver less! What ever happened to the promised Lucas selects? Ep3 Animatics reel? also does anyone remember the near 3 months without a webdoc? Hyperspace is becoming a joke. roll eyes (sarcastic)

LandoSpeeder
No Lucas Is a joke! mad mad mad

gambit420
What if the suspected weren't posting material from the "Hyperspace" version. You gotta remember the trailer was publicly available on AOL, AccessHollywood.com, TV and played by almost every news station across america. C'mon it's a freakin' advertisement! not something so top secret that people should lose their money and memberships by......

LandoSpeeder
I completely agree with gambit420.

SMOKE187
< agrees with them both

gambit420
Here's to you guys! beer

Anakin2Vader
Ive seen places even pictures of the trailer that have a tag that sat " removed at request of LucasFilm"... how is a movie trailer that has aired on network TV protected material after that? ridiculous

gambit420
It really is sad. Star Wars just doesn't seem like Star Wars anymore. Especially when all this new stuff is based on greed

*stops sipping from his Jar Jar binks Tacobell cup*

Oh well sad

cornponious
Listen, I know how you feel. But the simple answer is "because Lucasfilm paid the television network to air the teaser, and it is copyrighted material that Lucasfilm owns".

Believe me, I've been through it. I got LFL'd for hosting pictures no less.

corn

Ripe
Hey dare they charge ppl to see such a culturally significant event as a "TRAILER" and add to that charge the fans whom actually make starwars so successful in the first place. If it wasnt for us seeing it OVER AND OVER AND OVER again, it wouldnt be the box office hit that it is.

kingcoot
I think we just might be some science experiment on how bad we want Star Wars. If we will be willing to break the law for it, the law isn't enough resistance to protect the license agreement. They might have to start killing us or turn to the dark side to stop the extreme fans.

laughing out loud

The Ones

Jodo kast
he agreed not to post HS stuff on other site's and he did'nt do what he said he would do.It's very well legal what they did.

Jodo kast
But i agree that hyperspace really is stupid.You pay really much for almost nothing (except Insider but i live in Europe so i don't get hyperspace).

izz316
The money dones't go to lucas it goes to the website staff and the mazine staff. Lucas has nothing to with the website so you can,t blame him.

The Ones
we can. he created star wars

Jodo kast
Yeah.

waynerobsonuk
Well actually thats what me and a couple of mates have done for the last 2 films! We downloaded and burned to DVD the film well before release, but didn't watch it till we'd already been to see the film at the cinema. Thus meaning we could watch it again soon as we got back LOL.

It really seem's to me at times like Lucas is going out of his way to piss off the fans. (Maybe he think's if we get pissed off enough people wil stop asking him about ep's 7-9 laughing out loud ). I never agreed with the whole idea of hyperspace, yes I understand about it being good sound business sense etc, but it just seems like what people are getting for their money simply isn't worth it.
The problem seems to be Lucas's paranioa about releasing any footage or source material that could make anyone else any money in any way. Least once we have ROTS we dont have to worry about it any more big grin

Wayne...

JC2004
I dont care who gets the money, cause at the end of the day we are the fans who time after time spend loads of money to buy inferior products. I buy just about every PS2 Star Wars game that comes out and they are all rubbish. They are only playable because I love anything to do with Star Wars. If HS want to close members accounts than so be it. Were all gonna buy EP3 merchandise regardless. HS should have been free from day one. How much money does LFL need!

waynerobsonuk
All of it probably.............Maybe lucas want's to buy a country laughing out loud

Wayne...

LandoSpeeder
Well all I know is that Lucas is taking advantage of his popularity, Yet now more people are disliking him. mad

Darth Subjekt
The money dones't go to lucas it goes to the website staff and the mazine staff. Lucas has nothing to with the website so you can,t blame him.

sorry dont know how to do quotes--anyway, everything and i mean EVERYTHING that has Star Wars, or THX, or LFL on it....GL gets paid for it. thats the good part of being the owner/creator---you get royalty checks from everything. Now granted the staff gets paid...BUT WHO WRITES THE CHECKS!?!?! the greedy bastard we call Lucas.

izz316
Lucas is no bastard. He is a genius without Lucas we would not films
we see today. Famous directors like peter Jackson have been influenced
by lucas.

Morridini 2

waynerobsonuk
It's like there's a good lucas and a bad lucas. The good one gave us the star wars universe and continues to enspire future generations. The bad one gave us:

Jar Jar Binks
Hyperspace
Greedo shooting 1st

I still have repect for him as a creative person but not as a businessman. (although one can't fault his methods on the money making side, his accountats must be happy!)

Wayne...

izz316
I do agree with you everyone repects as creative person. There only one lucas who changed the filmworld.

Jodo kast
Hey how are you doing Morridini,does your head still hurt?

darktim1
I just don't choose to pay and that's that.

Ushgarak
Lucas just runs a business. Business make money. That's the way it is.

Like it or loathe it, you agree to certain things when you sign up to Hyperspace, and if you break them you can lose your account. If you do not like these conditions, do not join!

Fact is, this is just basic economics in action. Hyperspace is there because people will pay for it; if people will pay for it, it is valid. If they won't pay for it, then Hyperspace would not be there.

I haven't, because I am sure it would be a waste of money for me, but plenty have, and you did so at your own risk. It's just business...

waynerobsonuk
yeah your spot on Ush. It's rather clever when you think about it. They knew that some of the most fanatical of fans are star wars fans, basically they will buy anything that has a star wars logo on it. Ok thats not exactly true but alot of people will.
I never joined hyperspace because I had a sneaking suspicion that it would leak anyway.

Wayne...

Swordfish2k0
Fair play to Lucasfilm for coming up with the idea. It was a great piece of business, they knew there would always be a portion of die hard fans willing to pay ridiculous amounts to see some dodgy set photos and web docs. Hyperspace is a total waste on money and i would never pay for what they offer. However thanks for those who did sign up as they have passed on pictures,web docs and trailers for the rest of us to enjoy!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.