Some weird thing keeps happening...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mystifier
I got some weird thing wrong with my comp sad

Every time I try to go on a site it keeps going all white {I attached a screeny of what it does} It only does it sometimes though erm I haven't a clue why it does it.

I've checked for spy-ware and viruses and all that and it still hasn't gone away...

Oh yeah, I took this particular screeny after I typed in 'msn add ons' into google erm But it shows up all the time sad Don't know why

Anyone know how I can fix it? I reformatted a while back cos I had the same problem and after it went away, then there was some problem with windows and my uncle reformatted my computer again and this keeps coming up now. I really don't wanna have to reformat again, so any one got any idea how I can fix it?

dave123
i know what you've got.... it's spyware in a trojan form erm give me a minute to find something....

dave123
http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_download.html

you may also want Hijack this...

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

NOTE: you'll have to close all IE windows before running it yes

out of interest, does your homepage keep getting changed, or do you keep getting some search site?

yerssot
well, dave seems to be on top of he...er... it ...

Mystifier
yerssot> laughing

dave123> Thanks loads for the links big grin And no, my homepage doesn't keep changing but I do get search sites popping up after I search in Google. I've run Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D to try and get rid of it but it don't seem to work erm

I scanned first with CWShredder and it found nothing. It gave me the message 'CoolWebSearch was not found on your system'.

I then scanned with HijackThis and it gave me a list of errors {Screeny attatched}.

I checked the ones I recognise and don't think are a threat, but the others I'm not sure of.

Do you know if there are any there that should not be deleted or anything, cos I'm not sure about all the ones left unchecked...

Raz
Simple solution - use Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

or follow my guide that is stickied to this forum.

Mystifier
I really don't wanna mess around too much erm Like installing Firefox or anything, 'cos I don't really know about these sort of things. I just wanna get rid of the whole pages going blank and stuff.

And I have been through the guide. I have AVG as my anti virus. Both Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware as my spyware removers. And as my firewall I have the Sygate one set. None of 'em have solved the problem so far erm

Raz
Installing Firefox is really simple and won't change anything on your computer. Just use it to browse the web and you won't get spyware. It'll solve your problem in one go.

Stealth Agent
Fire Fox kicks ass

Mystifier
I installed and it's gone.. big grin Or at least I think it has, it hasn't come up again so far eek! Thanks so much cry And to everyone else who tried to help, thank you big grinbig grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.