Ion vs Parallax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supremthor
two of the most powerfull green lanterns ever go 1 on 1

supremthor
?

Nathaniel Grey
Parallax. Definately Parallax. Rayner has been one of the most formidable Green Lantern's for the past decade but I don't think there's anyone who's as creative and strong willed as Hal Jordan. He's a Legend and gets my vote.

supremthor
true but its to close

manjaro
as far as im concerned its a tie. why? cuz the one thing they both had in common was they possessed the energies of all the combined rings, they just gave them selves different names

MERCILOUS
This is a power ring battle though, so the guy with more will power takes it. I think it's parrallax.

manjaro
not really cuz, when kyle was ion he barely had to exert his will power to get things done. in fact he could be in multiple places at a time. im sure parallax could do the same and some points he did, hence, my original stance; tie

Nathaniel Grey
It still comes down to who's will is more imposing. That's always been the center of the Green Lantern's power. I'm not sure but I doubt it matters how much each of the powers they had changed -- the core of the energy being used has always been focused on the person who was most capable of using it. Hal has always been more than capable of using that power for good or otherwise. Though I don't diss Rayner for effort. I just think against someone like Parallax he'd have a VERY difficult fight on his hands.

MERCILOUS
Wow, we agree on something!

Nathaniel Grey
We agree? Hm. The END OF DAYS is upon us! Run for the hills!

MERCILOUS
LOL!

Nathaniel Grey
Has anyone read Green Lantern Rebirth? Good stuff, very good stuff. It ticked me off when Batman was bad mouthing Jordan. Yeah, he killed hundreds of thousands of people but he also saved people in return and started repenting as Spectre.

eleveninches
Ion technically has more "power" in the truest sense of the word. However, Parallax knows how to use his power far better than ion does, and parallax is far more ambitious and has a much greater willpower than ion.

MERCILOUS
That's why I think Parallax takes it. But it would definitely be interesting to see what these two would come up with.

eleveninches
Anyway, neither hal or kyle have the parallax/ion power anymore.

Hal stole it from the guradians.
When hal died reigniting the sun, it was transferred to kyle, along with other powers.
Kyle then gave away the power to bring back the GL corps and bring back the guardians as children

leonheartmm
actually, hal had more POWER, since he also absorbed the power of{what was that universe eating villian's name, i dont remember} and has also absorbed the power of countless power batteries, and anyway i thought the whole power of the green lantern depends on the mental limits of the user, so either way, hal wins.

eleveninches
hal had the GL parallax-power that he stole fromthe central core on oa. However, Kyle managed to absorb all that was left of parallax'x power as well as the power by oblivion.

Nathaniel Grey
I think Parallax will be back sooner than you think. In the Green Lantern Rebirth comic they showed Spectre on the COVER with " Parallax " in the lantern grinning. And not to mention the fact that Kyle came back with a coffin with no mention of what was in it. So I don't think that Parallax is gone just yet. wink

supremthor
Ion had more power then parallax but he couldnt really control it.

Nathaniel Grey
Isn't the power of a Green Lantern based on a person's will? Again that same theory would apply to the power of Parallax and Ion since their powers come from the battery. Jordan has more will than Kyle Rayner -- I doubt ANYONE could dispute that. It's a DC fact. I think for all his bravery and skill Rayner would fall short against Parallax.

supremthor
yes and no

leonheartmm
yea specially with hals determination, he started seeing himself as a god
"i am here to set things right"

eleveninches
hal no longer has the guardians power that allowed him to become parallax, but if he got his hands on a gl ring, he could do it again.

Mider
What powers has Ion shown?

eleveninches
Ion was omniprescent and near-omnipitant with all of the combined guardians' power. But when you become one with everything, you start to lose your own individual identity, which is why Kyle chose to give up godhood and give the power back to the newly created guradians and GL corps.

BobbyD
....interesting?

BlackZero30x
i believe it most definitely should be a tie....in fact i think any possessing entity should be tied in power........

however it seemed according to feats Ion(kyle) is more then Parallax (hal)

Reacting2
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
i believe it most definitely should be a tie....in fact i think any possessing entity should be tied in power........

however it seemed according to feats Ion(kyle) is more then Parallax (hal) Parallax was retcon, I dont think Ion was

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.