General computer stuff

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
Does anyone know how I can customize sounds on my computer?

Like when I close something, it makes plays a sound, and I know you can change it to something else. But I don't know how.

Help, please! sad

yerssot
windows: control panel ->sounds and audio devices->sounds ->there you can change it all

ToMacco
But how do I know what certain sounds are called? Like when you hit the 'x' on the top of the screen. What's that called?

Raz
Its pretty self-explanitary.

The one you're looking for is 'close program'.

ToMacco
I'll try my best. You have to remember, I'm a computer dumbass.

yerssot
you ask, we answer.

If you want I can sent you some Star Wars sounds like:

"I will not cooperate" (when Windows gives an error)
or even
"Wipe them out... all of them" (when you empty your trashcan)

ToMacco
laughing out loud

That's awesome. Send 'em over!

yerssot
done

Ushgarak
Extended noises for basic system events may seem like a cool idea, but I always find them a pain in the arse after a fortnight and long for the old simple beeps again.

yerssot
it's not that you must place the Star Wars theme as welcome thing,
but To, I have to warn you: that "I will not cooperate" line WILL get on your nerves if your computer is instable!

ToMacco
I'm annoyed anyway when the damn thing doesn't work.

yerssot
what doesn't work?

ToMacco
My computer.

Hey yerssot, did you see how pissed Raz got on that Red X thread.

yerssot
well, the thread was
1) offtopic
2) 18+ rated

Does your computer work now?
BTW: I included more sounds for when you start your computer ('what's thou bidding my master') and when you swith it off ('Will I ever see you again?','Please don't deactivate me!' and 'If you will not be needing me, I'll close down for a while')

ToMacco
Yeah, I'm still working on it.

Raz
Excessive use of sounds also slows down your computer, by taking up lots of memory.

Not worth it IMO.

Closing....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.